PDA

View Full Version : Alternate starters

SilverMaster
11th March 2006, 03:25 PM
If you could choose your starter out of any basic pokemon, what would it be, or if the game had alternate choices for the 3 starters, what would they be.

If i could pick i would choose chinchou.I've always like the rain dance ,thunder thing and chinchou could grow into that. Also sandshrew.It seems to be the ground version of pikachu,and its not like any other starters, because its stats aren't that much higher than wild pokemon.

Magmar
11th March 2006, 10:48 PM
I'd pick out Mareep, Wooper and Hoppip.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
12th March 2006, 02:54 AM
I guess I'd pick one of the Nidorans, they aren't overly powerful at first but can learn a vast variety of different TM moves. I think the game would be more challenging with them.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th March 2006, 06:09 AM
Well, I believe that starters should have connection. Fire, Water and Grass are all special types and they counter eachother.

Therefore I go for physical this time. Rock, Fighting, Flying. They counter eachother and all are physical.

Geodude, Machop, Some Flying pokemon with 3 stages that is actually good (must be invented.)

Zcade0
12th March 2006, 01:25 PM
Team of teh doomishnessly fun!!!

Fire: Dark-colored charmander

dark: larvitar (for evo, not him in himself)

fighting: machop

lol, a good flyer is not to be had exept the legends, and only luigi and Ho-Oh of those.

Greyfox
12th March 2006, 01:34 PM
lol, a good flyer is not to be had exept the legends, and only luigi and Ho-Oh of those.

Skarmory and Charizard tend to disagree with you there.

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th March 2006, 01:54 PM
So does Swellow and Dodrio, but neither of them are the way evolutions (fuck you charizard)

Mega Horny
12th March 2006, 02:56 PM
My one evolution starter pyramid!

Exeggcute > Cubone > Houndour

Alucard
12th March 2006, 05:12 PM
I think James' cactus dude should be a starter, because it rocks. Don't care about stats but that thing rocks, along with Spoink because that thing is just totally friggin' awesome and baby Marill, whatever that is called, because it's cool ;]

Blademaster
12th March 2006, 08:00 PM
'James' cactus dude' = Cacnea

'baby Marill' = Azurill (Normal-type, btw, not Water)