PDA

View Full Version : ~^/ RPG Plot Resolution \^~

Fai D. Flowright
12th March 2006, 06:46 PM
[color=#990099][font=Vivaldi][size=7]Official RPG Plot Resolution Topic
[color=#990033][font=Blackadder ITC][size=5]Created by Roy Karrde
Approved By: Tsukasa

[color=#3366FF]Plotting for future posts is a part of any RPGer’s life. Yet for many RPGers that plotting may never come to be an actual post. Even worse the RPG could die out due to lack of posts and those future plot threads and time spent plotting could die with it. So with that in mind the RPG Lounge presents the Plot Resolution Topic thread. A place for RPGers to go to post a proper ending or special moments for their character for any RPG and allow all that time plotting to finally amount to a worthwhile post.

[color=#DDDDDD]Rule: The RPG must be pretty much inactive before making a post in here.

Form: Make it like a normal post in the RPG, just make sure to list the name of the RPG the post goes with so that people will know what it

Heald
15th March 2006, 06:33 AM
This is a good idea in principle but a bit narrow. It would be better put to use if it could be a place for people to discuss OOC the current plot and their intentions with their characters for the next few posts and then people to criticise it before people turn it into an actual worthwhile post and then feelings between roleplayers turn sour due to misunderstandings.

Ultimate Charizard
16th March 2006, 08:41 PM
Its a great idea i just think individual rpg's could get a little cluttered with multiple people trying to discuss multiple rpg's on one board. I have seen elswhere that an actual OOC board sometimes works. Since we dont have that sort of space maybe any RPG that gets over so many posts or pages be allowed to set up an OOC thread here. Lounge should be the quieter of the boards ('should be') and is more of a bulletin board than an active thread setup.
Just a suggestion.

Roy Karrde
24th March 2006, 08:51 PM
Well since I suggested this topic, I should be the one that helps start it. This is what I have always wanted to do for a ending post for Digimon: Our Final Journey, it was the 4th and most likely the last of the Digimon Legends series and sadly did not make it over through the transfer. Some of the things that Danielle and I had plotted for this RPG was to introduce a young girl in it named Rei that would be somewhat of a daughter for Laura, and to bring back some of the cast later on. Yet even with over 100 posts the RPG didn’t make it that far. This post will go in line as if those events had actually happened. Well with out any further ado the post.

[color=pink]Laura June Lutz

[color=pink]We'll be together forever, forever, Because we promised that setting sun
Even if we are far away, We'll still feel that same orange
"It will be okay" Because that setting sun connects us
Don't cry anymore, In the light of the love in our hearts
In the light of the love in our hearts.

[color=pink]“You have done well.” Orphanimon congratulated us as we stood in front of the temple. It had been a week since we had destroyed Lucemon and brought about peace once again to the Digital World. Rei stood at my side, still a bit uneasy about being around anyone that wasn’t apart of our group. Satoshi glanced over at me and smiled as Orphanimon bowed to us. It was now our time to part, all of us would return back to Japan and go about living our lives, just as the other digidestined before us had, and as the ones ahead of us will.

I turned and glanced over at Kira, and then at Mike, finally at Shun and Tajiri, each giving them a long hug. “I’ll miss you.” I whispered into Shun’s ear as tears began to make their way down my cheeks.

“I’ll miss you too” Shun hugged back tightly, even though he started out as a loaner, it was amazing how in the end he had bonded with each one of us.

I finally turned to Mike and embraced him. Satoshi finally returning and my engagement to him had hurt him so badly. “You were always there for me.” My voice cracked as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him once more. I wanted to stay there, with my friends and never have to go back home. Never have to face my old life again, yet we couldn’t stay, we had to go home.

“Are you ready?” Orphanimon finally asked. We all nodded in silence as data began to swirl around us, our elements began to leave our bodies and bid us farewell as the data swirled in a fiery storm around us. “Farewell, Chosen Children.” Orphanimon called out one last time as a blinding white flash over took all of us.

[color=pink] ~*~*~*~
[color=pink]“Mom, mom, wake up.” Rei’s voice tugged at my mind and shirt as I slowly regained consciousness and began to emerge into the waking world. “Mom, are you going to sleep all day?” She whined as I slowly brought my head up. My mind and eyes remained fuzzy for a few seconds as I got a hold of my surroundings. I was laying on a couch, and in a apartment? When I was teleported away, I was in a back alley, now I was here?

“You’re finally awake sleepy head.” Satoshi called from the other room, his voice getting closer before he finally emerged from around the hallway with a steaming pot in his hand. “Rei and I had to drag you all the way back here, anyway you should get dressed, and mom and dad are coming over soon.” This realization sprang me straight up. Mom and Dad meant Akira and Satoru, two people whom I would have to explain the engagement to. I had to get dressed, I had to put at least some make up on and look presentable in front of the parents.

“Go comb your hair” I patted Rei’s butt as I walked over to the bathroom. She rolled her eyes and ran off as I shut the door and reached into my pocket and pulled out a long object. Before I had left Kira had given me this, I had no idea how she got one in the Digital world, and truly I didn’t even want to know. With a sigh I began to fix my hair and closed my eyes as I put the object to work.

The doorbell signaling the arrival of my soon to be in-laws came all too soon, I was halfway through applying make up when I heard Rei bound toward the door and welcome them, with Satoshi only a few steps behind. I glanced back down at the object and almost did a double take. “Satoshi…” I called out uneasily as he greeted his parents.

“Just a second.” He yelled back.

“SATOSHI!” I screamed, my voice shaking in shock.

“What is it?” He asked running in his fists and body in battle mode as if someone was trying to attack me. I pointed down to the object that was flashing two bars. “What does that mean?” He asked, puzzled.

“It means I’m pregnant.” I whispered back. To say that he took it okay for the first few seconds would be fair, he seemed to shrug it off, and relax. That was followed by a shortness of breath and his eyes becoming bigger than I have ever seen them before. “I’m pregnant,” I whispered again. That tipped him over the edge, his eyes rolled back into his head and he collapsed onto the floor, knocked out from the shock and realization of the situation.

I smiled and bent down to his side stroking his hair as one hand traveled down to my stomach. I smiled only slightly at the passing thought of,

[color=silver]‘Maybe this is the beginning of the next group of Digidestined’