PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Witch Trials (Round 1)

Plantae
12th March 2006, 08:23 PM
Mod Approved by Zak

Welcome to the zenith of the first game of Witch Trials, a new variant of Axis Mundi and its predecessor, the Werewolf Game.

Any questions on clarification are welcomed and should be directed to me by private message. You may find the rules here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/witchtrials.htm).

General
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic.
2. Dead players may post sparsely, but may not give hints that could affect gameplay in any form.
3. Do not post private messages in the thread.
4. Do not edit your posts.
5. Post all votes in bold or they will not be counted.

Players are encouraged to state their suspicions and make accusations in the thread, as well as to utilize the new implement “alliance.” They are also encouraged to take vengeance for actions against their kind.

Please read the rules if you have not for any reason, and all others would do well to re-read them. Note that Daemons may make alliances. This part of the rules has been changed.

The participants of this round follow.

Players
Ace64
Green Lanturn
Magmar
TheBlueAvenger
Heald
Dark-San
Zcade0
Mega Horny
Yero Thropp
Chris Watarimono
The Arbiter
Weasel Overlord
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Vulpix.ck87

=====

The following players are currently deceased.

Dead
Yero Thropp - Reader
Green Lanturn - Daemon
Mega Horny - Daemon
Chris Watarimono - Mortal Daemon
TheBlueAvenger - Daemon
Zcade0 - Mortal
Theurge - drew
Ace64 - Marked
Heald - Necromancer

=====

The list below depicts which roles are yet alive for your convenience.

Roles Alive
Witch x2
Green Man
Speaker
Mummy

= Sunshine =

A lonely cross stood in the center of the square, Latin in origin for its twin beams, one standing tall and the width of it shorter. A charred pile of ropes lay at its foot, and a man examined them with scrutiny.

The crowd has burned a witch yesterday, the priest was merely assuring himself that the demon that had killed a child last night was not indeed her.

“Blasphemy…” He muttered it quietly as he walked on, for he could sense the tingle of magic mingling in the air, and believed firmly it was a tool only the divine deserved.

So when he passed a fortune teller in the street, he gave her no notice- he was but a mere cleric, and he had no mortal followers. There was a town to clean, be it by sanctity or murder- zeal would be a necessity in the following days.

Demons seldom traveled alone, and behind them witches too, and then all the others- the spirit of nature and tricksters, for evil came in hordes.

He had fears all his life that the dead would rise from their graves, and now it was that day, and the nadir of the church’s dominion.

If change was coming, the priest concluded that it would brought by law, and so he reentered the town hall- and the community trial proceeding within it.

A child had died in the night, clawed and marred, so surely someone was responsible.

=====

The current date/time is: WITCH WIN.

Plantae
12th March 2006, 08:43 PM
Any of you who received a message with the subject line "Axis Mundi (Mixed Roles)" have had your roles changed due to an accidental mix-up. The role in this message is your real role. Please disregard your first role. I apologize again for this.

All the roles have now been assigned.

Greyfox
12th March 2006, 08:54 PM
Another interesting round of Axis Mundi; let's hope this goes well for the good guys, for a change. As of yet, my vote remains neutral.

-drew

Magmar
12th March 2006, 09:04 PM
I guess I'll be neutral until I figure this game out more. I'm.. getting it... I think.

The Blue Avenger
12th March 2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I'm going to stay neutral for now.

Green Lanturn
12th March 2006, 09:11 PM
Considering that I accidentally killed the oracle last game, I think ill take a safe approach. Besides, the humans proved they could still win. I think ill let them keep the extra member.

Neutrality

~GL

Plantae
12th March 2006, 09:29 PM
It has been brought to my attention several issues about clarity. As a result, the following sections have been edited: Marked/Ascendant Role, Alliance, Victory.

The changes are stated below.

Marked/Ascendant - An Ascendant receives a 50% chance to gain an ability other than their initial ability at each Moonshine following the first.

Alliance - An alliance between roles that cannot coexist at end game can still exist as long as more roles exist besides those of these allies.

Victory - The following groups may not coexist when the game ends. The converse of these statements is equally true.

Mortal/Theurge/Reader – Witches/Daemons/Speaker/Necromancer/Green Man

Witches/Green Man – Daemons/Necromancer

Necromancer – Speaker

Any other group may end the game, but must first be allied with one another if they are not inherently allied with one another (such as the Witches and the Speaker, or the Daemons and Necromancer, or the Green Man and the Marked).

Ace64
12th March 2006, 09:50 PM
Neutral for now. You know, after this round is over, it'll be almost a disappointment to go back to standard rules...

Dark-San
12th March 2006, 10:02 PM
[b][size=3] Neutral. I have not grasp the rules totally yet.

Plantae
12th March 2006, 10:17 PM
This is not a one-round variant. We will be using the Witch Trials variant for several rounds, and likely interchangably with Axis Mundi, or possibly as its replacement.

Weasel Overlord
13th March 2006, 03:10 AM
[color=thistle]I am also staying neutral. Weasel has found out the badness of bandwagons, and while staying neutral is, in fact, following a wagon, at least tis a safe one! ^^

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
13th March 2006, 03:55 AM
*not exactly 'all here'* Until further notice, I remain
Neutral

Mega Horny
13th March 2006, 05:46 AM
I agree, its much to early to jump the gun and get one of the special roles killed.

NEUTRAL

Zcade0
13th March 2006, 01:02 PM
Everyone kills me when I jump the gun so I'm gona stay nuteral, I also need to study the rules a bit more..... Piece out. *holds up a piece of pizza, then throws it out the door*

Vulpix.ck87
13th March 2006, 05:16 PM
Ditto-ing the neutral, too laidback to lynch when im listening to Mojo radio.. heh.

Plantae
13th March 2006, 05:37 PM
Due to neutrality all around, the first Sunshine results in the following.

Dead

Moonshine I has now begun.

Magmar
13th March 2006, 06:23 PM
Expert private message forger... you douche! :P haha.

Zcade0
14th March 2006, 03:54 PM
Moonshine... lol. Dukes of Hazardness.....

Zcade0
14th March 2006, 04:02 PM
Btw, (curse not being able to modifi the posts, srry for dual post) how does one go about swearing aliences when they don't know who anyone is?

Plantae
14th March 2006, 05:28 PM
A person swears an alliance by sending in a request to ally to the host. The intention is that you converse with the other players of the game.

An equally tragic and victorious Moonshine, it seems.

Dead
Vulpix.ck87 - Witch

A member of the coven already burned, whom will the trials expose this Sunshine?

The Blue Avenger
15th March 2006, 05:35 AM
Wow.

And now I have no clue about who to vote for. I'll hold off on voting for now.

Green Lanturn
15th March 2006, 07:34 AM
"Ding dong the itch is dead, which old witch, the wicked witch! Ding dont the wicked witch is dead...."

Why doesnt anyone want to vote, afraid to throw out at least some suspicion?

Considering these we'll get nowhere if everyone is afraid to vote(once again, is probably gonna die early for this, yuck, remember what happened last time, ew.), might as well start something from nothing.

My vote is for... um....

Dark-san

No real reason other than we need to start voting soon.

This vote'll probably change depending on what happens later.

~GL

Mega Horny
15th March 2006, 07:56 AM
Poor vulpix never plays very long.

No one has posted much, therefore everyones probably scared to make a decision, in fear of being voted for, therefore, i will wait until i see the opinions of others. until then my vote is also for Dark-San.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
15th March 2006, 08:00 AM
To throw a curveball into this Sunshine, I'm gonna vote for messr.

Yero Thropp

for the not-very-good reason that he has been quiet for the first Sunshine. (A few others were quiet as well... but...)

Magmar
15th March 2006, 08:19 AM
I have to agree with Yi-Wen here. After last round of Axis Mundi, having inactive players sucks... and while I have hardly a clue who ANYONE is -_-; I'm going to vote for Yero Thropp, just to get rid of him. If he replies, I'll change it to someone else.

Heald
15th March 2006, 08:35 AM
Bandwagons are a good way to evade Doom votes. I'll vote for Yero Throop too.

Dark-San
15th March 2006, 08:44 AM
[b][size=3] No point guessing anywayz~ Anyway I don't appreciate people voting me off first before any hard evidence is made.

I would agree with Heald in such cases. So hence, my vote goes to Yero.

Mega Horny
15th March 2006, 09:22 AM
well, Dark San has a point, and Heald is using good logic so I will also change my vote to Yero Thropp.

Green Lanturn
15th March 2006, 10:01 AM
Well, at least I got people to start voting.

I shall change my vote to

Yero Thropp.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way Dark-san, it REALLY was random, just to get people to vote.

~GL

Ace64
15th March 2006, 12:26 PM
Ugh.

Yero Thropp, until we at least hear something from him. Everyone's playing the silent game.

Mega Horny
15th March 2006, 12:34 PM
and here comes his excuse of how he was doing errands or something. meh. Lets hear your story YT.

The Blue Avenger
15th March 2006, 03:15 PM
Uh, Yero Thropp, in absence of anything else.

Zcade0
15th March 2006, 04:37 PM
[b]Yero T./b] avoiding doom. Lol, boys aren't called witches, wat r we gona call em, Warlocks? Ooooo, better idea, no guys can be witches!! yay! W00t!!

Magmar
15th March 2006, 04:42 PM
In wicca, we call our males "witches" as well.

Greyfox
15th March 2006, 04:58 PM
Clichéd bandwagon approach. My vote goes to Yero Thropp.

-drew

Plantae
15th March 2006, 05:01 PM
Mystic, but not the type you were looking for.

Dead
Yero Thropp - Reader

And the darkness falls.

Ace64
15th March 2006, 05:10 PM
Well, after re-checking the rules to remind myself of what the Reader actually does, I can now say...damn. That did not go well. Still, at least now there are plenty of people to find some imagined guilt with.

Magmar
16th March 2006, 10:25 AM
Gah! Green Lanturn, it was my turn to kill the Oracle, lol... ohhhh the axis mundi memories.

Although, Yero has had a history of being abysmally inactive. It's not as bad as a loss as it appears! ^_^;;

Zcade0
16th March 2006, 03:46 PM
don't people have to go through the host to make an allegiance?

Plantae
16th March 2006, 04:03 PM
Yes, they do.

Vulpix.ck87
16th March 2006, 05:37 PM
Good answer Jobes ^_~

Hrmm, wasn't yero the oracle in the last round of AM? And wasn't he completely inactive then too? Oracle, reader, lucky son of a gun.. these powers are going to waste. I take it back if yero actually did turn up for this game, or has valid away reasons.

Ace64
16th March 2006, 06:09 PM
Actually, I was oracle last game, but was knocked out first round due to random vote/bandwagon-ess. Kind of like what happened here. Then again, I was active.

Green Lanturn
16th March 2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah, that was kind of my fault last game. At least this time someone else can take the blame,lol magmar.

I do appreciate the reccolection, though what proceeded it for me was much worse(of course reffering to being killed by EVERY SPECIAL ROLE)

Oh well, hopefully this game turns out better....hope.

~GL

Plantae
16th March 2006, 07:04 PM
The searing last images of the insides of a creature scar the minds of those surviving this supernatural fiasco.

Dead
Green Lanturn - Daemon

Even the sunshine returning cannot remove the horrid monstrosity from their minds.

Ace64
16th March 2006, 07:29 PM
Looks like it didn't end much better this time, GL. Rest in...pieces?

Anywho, from what I figure, GL started the vote for Dark-San, who I suspect to be innocent. Then, Emo-Sai changed the wagon votes to Yero, who turned out to be innocent. GL, Mega Horny, and Magmar, who had voted for Dark-San, voted for Yero. Very suspicious. While one of them may be innocent, I suspect a Daemon among them, maybe two. They knew which people were not Daemons, in this case Yero. Dark-San may not be a Daemon either, so when the vote shifted to Yero, they went along with it. After all, as long it wasn't a Daemon, it was fair game. But which one to pick?

I can't see why a Daemon would change the vote instead of sticking behind their friends. Emo-Sai changed the course from Dark-San to Yero, who was innocent. Why do this if she was a Daemon? Why not just pile on Dark-San? It seems like an innocent mistake, and Emo's had her share. This leaves Magmar and Mega Horny.

Among the two, Mega Horny seemed to be the most enthusiastic about voting Yero off. Until I have a reason not to, Mega Horny's getting my vote.

Mega Horny
16th March 2006, 08:10 PM
As Heald said, Following the bandwagon is a good way to avoid doom votes. Plus, Even If I kepts my vote as Dark San it wouldnt have mattered considering the amoun that voted for Yt, so I followed suit. However, guessing between two is illogical and could get a special role killde without enough evidence, however, the rest of your theory seems solid, therefore I vote for Magmar.

Magmar
16th March 2006, 08:36 PM
Ohhh Green Lanturn. You... don't last long in these games, do you? o_o; My vote is going to go to Mega Horny as to avoid being killed. I'd been suspecting him for quite some time, actually. Mega Horny's defense is pretty weak. Besides, we can't go based on accusations early on in the game to really pinpoint who is Daemon and who isn't.

Dark-San
16th March 2006, 11:01 PM
[b][size=3] Mega Horny. Reason being that he supported Green Lanturn the last time before Green Lanturn got killed off.

Changing the vote by going with the majority does not count him as being innocent as Green Lanturn had done the same thing.

Weasel Overlord
17th March 2006, 05:41 AM
[color=thistle]Oh crap...well, at least I didn't go with the bandwagon, eh? Shame I got a doom...^^;;

Anywho, It is true that Mega Horny went with Green Lanturn before his death. His enthusiasm was also very suspicious. All in all, some very good reasons for voting him. I would have voted earlier, with exactly the same reasons, but those of you who speak to me online know that my keyboard is, well, fecked, for lack of a politer word... So, in reality, I'm not following a bandwagon. Only my own suspicions voiced before I got a chance to do so for myself.

Mega Horny

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
17th March 2006, 08:39 AM
From speaking out against bandwagons to starting bandwagons to actually following them... ye gods, I'm getting worse and worse each game, aren't I? ><

Mega Horny

Mega Horny
17th March 2006, 08:40 AM
Know what? You guys are actually backing yourselves up with some pretty good evidence, so I recall my vote and change it to

Mega Horny

Dark-San
17th March 2006, 08:58 AM
[b][size=3] Wait you are voting yourself? (o.O) ?

For what reason now?

Ace64
17th March 2006, 09:32 AM
I guess...what? You realize the inevitable?lol.

Magmar
17th March 2006, 09:37 AM
...Wow. In that case, I change my vote to Plantae because he flings poo.

Nah, keep it at Mega Horny.

Magmar
17th March 2006, 09:50 AM
Looks like it didn't end much better this time, GL. Rest in...pieces?

Anywho, from what I figure, GL started the vote for Dark-San, who I suspect to be innocent. Then, Emo-Sai changed the wagon votes to Yero, who turned out to be innocent. GL, Mega Horny, and Magmar, who had voted for Dark-San, voted for Yero. Very suspicious. While one of them may be innocent, I suspect a Daemon among them, maybe two. They knew which people were not Daemons, in this case Yero. Dark-San may not be a Daemon either, so when the vote shifted to Yero, they went along with it. After all, as long it wasn't a Daemon, it was fair game. But which one to pick?

I can't see why a Daemon would change the vote instead of sticking behind their friends. Emo-Sai changed the course from Dark-San to Yero, who was innocent. Why do this if she was a Daemon? Why not just pile on Dark-San? It seems like an innocent mistake, and Emo's had her share. This leaves Magmar and Mega Horny.

Among the two, Mega Horny seemed to be the most enthusiastic about voting Yero off. Until I have a reason not to, Mega Horny's getting my vote.

Byyyyy the way. When did I ever vote for Dark-San??

Mega Horny
17th March 2006, 09:57 AM
As i said, you provided excellent evidence! The best choice this round is to vote me off. After all, I was apparently very enthusiastic about voting Yero Throwpoop off, so of course I'm obviously a Daemon.

Mega Horny Mega Horny Mega Horny

Can that count as three votes?

(obviously I'm going mad)

Ace64
17th March 2006, 10:04 AM
Oops. Sorry for that, Magmar,too many suspicions/possibilities running through my mind. You did not vote for Dark-San, just for Yero.

So...I guess it's safe to assume you're pleading insanity, MH?

Magmar
17th March 2006, 10:08 AM
I find this situation highly amusing. Lynch'em! XD It's all good Ace, no worries :) One would think Mega Horny had the April Fools birthday, not Zcade0, lol. (lol Zcade we only know that cuz the other day me and Emo-Sai tried to google for your dragon poem and your birthday popped up, we are not stalking you ^^;)

Mega Horny
17th March 2006, 10:41 AM
You guys are awesome at this game, you just keep finding more evidence! I think i'll vote yet again!

Mega Horny Mega Horny Mega Horny Mega Horny Mega Horny Mega Horny Mega Horny

YEAH! LYNCH EM!!!! W00T!!!!

I wouldnt trust Me If I were I

Heald
17th March 2006, 11:05 AM
Is there some joke I'm not in on? Well either way I think there is overwhelming evidence that Ace64 is a demon, or a witch, or a human. I dunno, who am I supposed to be killing again? Well either way I'm just avoiding a doom vote. No offence Ace but I can hardly read your blue writing which just plain annoys me.

Ace64
17th March 2006, 11:25 AM
Well, it takes some getting used to, I'll admit. But you could always just highlight the text. Then again, why should I get special treatment?

Somehow, I got the feeling you'd be voting for me. And because of the text, that's a new one. In any case, I'll stick with it.

Heald
17th March 2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks! That's a lot better. Well, you're not getting killed off this dawn anyway, and for changing your text color I'll refrain from voting for you to avoid a doom vote anytime soon :) Still friends?

Ace64
17th March 2006, 11:44 AM
Sure- unless that's against the alliance rules. And I don't mean to be sharp, if it came out that way.

The Blue Avenger
17th March 2006, 02:04 PM
Uhm... Mega Horny is acting really weird. That sorta makes me suspicious. I think I'll vote for him... not that it makes any difference. ^^;

Mega Horny

Plantae
17th March 2006, 04:26 PM
It was a valiant effort, but next time try "logical misinformation."

Dead
Mega Horny - Daemon

Now only to see what evening brings- hm.

Yero Thropp
18th March 2006, 03:14 PM
Goodness, apologies again...

Plantae, please take me off the list for future games. I've found that my second semester in college is weighing more heavily on me than I thought. This is my third consecutive inactive game, so I'm sorry, I must take my leave from this site. I may return later.

Good luck, normal people! ^_^ Go for the normal win!

Zcade0
18th March 2006, 04:16 PM
srry I wasn't here, I was at my grandma's. How many dooms do I have now?

Magmar
18th March 2006, 11:28 PM
Sweet, we pinpointed another Daemon! Go... everyone but Mega Horny!

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2006, 08:53 AM
In all fairness, he pinpointed himself, too. ;)

Plantae
24th March 2006, 03:42 PM
There will be a twelve-hour extension to the current Moonshine following this point.

Chris Watarimono
24th March 2006, 07:18 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry I couldn't make it earlier, but I've read through all the rules and all the posts up to now, and thus have a solid rundown of what's going on. I'll be in full swing starting with the next Sunshine. Thanks. :3

-Chris R.

Magmar
24th March 2006, 09:34 PM
Hooray, we're back!

Dark-San
25th March 2006, 03:41 AM
[b][size=3] Great, I was begining to worry if the game would still continue. Anyway Plantae Boy could you kindly send in a pm or if not msg those who are in contact with you that the game had started?

Plantae
25th March 2006, 08:31 AM
I will do so immediately. This Moonshine will now end at 6:00 PM CST tonight.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
25th March 2006, 10:20 AM
Yup, I'm here ^^ but a bit dead... projects are snowing my schedule in...
Nevertheless, I shall STRIVE to come online at ungodly hours and participate! *passionate flames burn in the background*

Plantae
25th March 2006, 06:16 PM
An unexpected turns of events, and another run of bad luck- or is it so much? And for whom?

Dead
Chris Watarimono - Mortal Daemon

The plot thickens with the brightening sky; Sunshine IV.

The Blue Avenger
25th March 2006, 06:24 PM
Wow, someone keeps picking some lucky picks.

And... that also means I don't really have any leads. :\ I'll be neutral for now, until I see anything compelling.

Dark-San
25th March 2006, 08:44 PM
[b][size=3] Whoa~ it is like the daemons dying one after the other and Chris didn't have a chance to play. >.<

I will choose to remain neutral for now too.

Magmar
25th March 2006, 10:25 PM
I'm at a loss. It looks like the demon squad is getting annihilated. Whoever is doing this, go you! ^_^

Well staying neutral hasn't gotten us very far at all during Sunshine. I'll take the initiative and point at TheBlueAvenger unless I get another lead.

The Blue Avenger
25th March 2006, 10:43 PM
Well then, I'll take... second... initiative and point the finger at Magmar, just because I'm none too fond of that whole 'dying' thing.

Ace64
25th March 2006, 11:17 PM
Though TBA tends to go neutral most of the time, I'll back him here. He did vote for Mega Horny, who was a Daemon. On the other hand, it could just be a ploy to lure us into a false sense of security...after all, there were like six votes against MH.

Magmar, on the other hand, did vote for Dark-San, who may or may not be innocent. So, until I get any other leads, I'll go with Magmar.

Dark-San
26th March 2006, 12:49 AM
Oops. Sorry for that, Magmar,too many suspicions/possibilities running through my mind. You did not vote for Dark-San, just for Yero.

[b][size=3]Ace64, you sure you get your fact right?

You seem to be confusing yourself at times.

Neither way, I dropped the neutral vote and vote for the BlueAvenger.

This will make things a bit even now, I guess.

Chris Watarimono
26th March 2006, 06:51 AM
The fudge?

I just got back into this game and then killed off thereafter. :eek:

Ah, I guess you snooze, you lose. (?)

-Chris R.

Heald
26th March 2006, 09:03 AM
So either TBA or Magmar are going to die? I guess I need to avoid another doom vote, so neither really seems to be more guilty than the other. Gah...this three day hiatus has completely thrown me off track. Well, I'll flip a coin.

*flip*

The BlueAvenger

Sorry bud.

Ace64
26th March 2006, 10:06 AM
Yeesh. I can't keep it straight at all. Thanks Dark-San.

Still...I kind of feel we're on the wrong track here.Dark-San, I don't buy the whole "change my vote and leave the tie to fate" thing. Magmar voted for TBA seemingly randomly, and the bandwagon thing was what killed YT a few rounds back. So,if you had any suspicions about TBA, I'd love to hear them. Sure, I know my evidence about Magmar was wrong, so that's why I'm changing it to Dark-San..

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th March 2006, 11:56 AM
*drags self into topic in a zombielike fashion* GAHHH

TheBlueAvenger

No reason, I'm just really tired, you can retaliate if you want... *dies*

Zcade0
26th March 2006, 12:58 PM
Magmar, he sent me a sicpsious pm a while back.

Plantae
26th March 2006, 05:05 PM
In a spurt of black blood lays now in its pool a strange creature, visibly grotesque.

Dead
TheBlueAvenger - Daemon

But there are still witches afoot in the moonshine...

Magmar
26th March 2006, 05:08 PM
...all the Daemons are dead! O_O Go... mortals! XD

Mega Horny
26th March 2006, 05:13 PM
[Dead Moron]They really got us by luck, but the rest is probably my fault. It was a stupid plan anyway, on my part. Sorry guys....*recoils into shadows*[/Dead Moron]

Ace64
26th March 2006, 05:15 PM
O.O

Huh...TBA, you tricky such and such. Voting for MH threw me off your trail! Sorry, Dark-San and Magmar, for the suspicion. Luckily, my mistakes haven't killed anyone yet.

Magmar
26th March 2006, 05:18 PM
Ohhhhh Ace64, lol... you have tried to have me killed so many times :P

The Blue Avenger
26th March 2006, 05:36 PM
Friggin' frig on a frigger. Ahh, I hate you all, etcetera, etcetera.

Well, I'm now officially neutral about who I want to win. Go, somebody.

Mega Horny
26th March 2006, 05:40 PM
O.O

Huh...TBA, you tricky such and such. Voting for MH threw me off your trail! Sorry, Dark-San and Magmar, for the suspicion. Luckily, my mistakes haven't killed anyone yet.

OH! OH! MY IDEA! GO ME! GO ME! W0000000T! Sorry. *leaves until needed*

Dark-San
26th March 2006, 06:20 PM
[b][size=3] Demon squad be gone. Hey wait a min, isn't the game suppose to end now?

Magmar
26th March 2006, 07:36 PM
The following groups may not coexist when the game ends. The converse of these statements is equally true.

Mortal/Theurge/Reader – Witches/Speaker/Necromancer/Green Man

Witches/Green Man – Necromancer

Necromancer – Speaker

As you can tell, too many contradictions for now. Also, an Alliance might be able to outweight these... could it? If say... a Witch and a Reader were to ally, could the game end if only they survived?

Plantae
26th March 2006, 08:01 PM
The coexistence statements overrule any alliances, if this was not previously clear. Alliances between groups that cannot coexist (such as a Witch and Reader) can exist during the game, but not at the end of it (that is if there are no more enemies, the Witch must turn on the Reader, or vice versa).

Which means that currently there are two paths to end game.
1. The Theurge, Mortal, and Marked must kill all supernatural roles (since they may not coexist with any of them).
2. The other roles must kill the Theurge, Mortal, and Marked and either the Speaker or Necromancer (since the Speaker and Necromancer may not coexist at end game).

Weasel Overlord
27th March 2006, 02:15 AM
[color=thistle]Ah, crap noodles! Guess that's another doom for me then >< That'll teach me to go galivanting to the boy's house...

Zcade0
27th March 2006, 04:41 PM
I'm alive! This is the second-longest I've ever lasted! Yay! Go Mortal/Thurage/marked!! (isn't the reader dead or something?)

Plantae
27th March 2006, 07:00 PM
I love irony.

Dead
Zcade0 - Mortal

But, even through that cynical veil must shine the sun.

The Blue Avenger
27th March 2006, 07:31 PM
*from the grave*

Best. Timing. Ever.

Magmar
27th March 2006, 09:26 PM
Well, then... I'm rather at a loss. Time to step up and take the initiative; I've done a pretty damn good job so far. Drew, you haven't said much at all... so my vote is going to fall on you.

Dark-San
27th March 2006, 10:25 PM
[b][size=3] Lolz~ Zcade0, you are so unluckly. The moment you declared your record, you die.

For this daylight's vote, I would second Magmar on this. Drew haven't been in active for the last daylight and also Ace64 had been confusing himself. Between the 2 and not to do away with the innocent ones, I would go for Drew.

Might switch my vote later if he decides to give a reasonable reason on his absence.

Weasel Overlord
28th March 2006, 03:19 AM
[color=thistle]Drew seems like a good choice, however, absence isn't usually a good reason for someone being suspicious, unless you're counting Zcade! heh...

For now, I am going to vote for Drew, in the absence of any telling signs towards anyone else. Like -San, my vote will change if he shows up with perfectly good reasons.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
28th March 2006, 07:20 AM
Drew

La la la... *waits this game out... till death or beyond!*

Heald
28th March 2006, 08:28 AM
I guess I'll go with the flow, if only to avoid another Doom I guess. I still have no f'ing idea who is who either.

Drew

Greyfox
28th March 2006, 11:25 AM
Wow... the bandwagon is about to kill a priest due to his inactvitity; most unwise. A retallitory vote would prove futile for me, especially because I don't see Magmar as one of the enemies. However, just for the sake of turning the vote, I'll go bold and say: Ace64. Granted, his predictions were a bit off at times, but that may just be a ploy to cover his true intentions.

Anyone find it odd that I haven't been killed by the undead at all; the enemies have found out who I am because of this, so they're trying to kill me the only way they can – by turning everyone against me.

-drew

Magmar
28th March 2006, 12:40 PM
I have no idea who you are, if it's any consolation. :)

Plantae
28th March 2006, 02:12 PM
I know who all of you are... oh yes. And also, this Sunshine will end at roughly 5:00 PM CST.

Ace64
28th March 2006, 02:23 PM
*whistles*Let's go over the facts.

Roles Alive-
Witch x2
Green Man
Theurge
Necromancer
Speaker
Marked

According to our most esteemed host, the two possible side for the game is this.

Theurge Witchx2
Marked vs. Green Man
Speaker/Necromancer

A possible 4 on 4, or perhaps 5 on 2, depending on alliances. The Necromancer can join the side of the witches, but not the Speaker. Then again, informal alliances are ok.If I have the numbers wrong, please...let me know.

Now, let's go over the votes.

Dark-San-Drew
Magmar-Drew
Emo-faun-Drew
Heald- Drew
Weasel Overlord-Drew

Drew- ME!

YT was killed due to inactivity, and it proved to be a mistake. Killing Drew off for the same reason could be just as bad. As for you aiming for me, Drew...I got no problem with that. Yes, I made a few mistakes, big deal. And I'm sure I'm covering up my "true" intentions by pinpointing MH as a Daemon just last round.

Judging by what I know...I'm going to go with a vote for Magmar once more.The rest of you following in his wake without thinking about it (on the other hand...perhaps you're thinking all too clearly), maybe you want to reconsider. Taking initiative doesn't mean voting off the player who's been quiet.

Greyfox
28th March 2006, 03:22 PM
Bare in mind that my changing vote has nothing to do with Ace64's post. After careful consideration and what-not, I've decided to change my vote form Ace64 to Emotional Faun Chiko-sai. She started the vote to get Yero Thropp lynched, and he was the Reader, a pretty powerful role.

-drew

Weasel Overlord
28th March 2006, 03:23 PM
[color=thistle]Hrrm...Ace, maybe you're the one who's thinking too clearly...You're always the one who thinks up this evidence, maybe you're trying to confuse the innocents!

However, I want to take this in a different direction. Who was the one who started off the whole trend of voting off absent people, starting with Yero Thropp, our resident Reader and a valuable asset to mortals. Maybe she's being just as tricksy as Magmar usually is.

In which case, I am changing my vote to Emotional Faun Chiko-sai. Maybe her face of blurness is actually an intricate facade. *shrugs* Although, what does any of us know in this game!

Weasel Overlord
28th March 2006, 03:24 PM
[color=thistle]Oop, Ace, you've edited your post! Bad boy...

My edit, however:

"Who was the one who started off the whole trend of voting off absent people, starting with Yero Thropp, our resident Reader and a valuable asset to mortals? Emotional Faun Chiko-sai, that's who"

Ace64
28th March 2006, 03:38 PM
My edit, WO, was made because I forgot to include you in the list of those against Drew. Even so, the edit was made a good hour before your post, so it's all good. And I love how things start to change up after I post...And as all of us are trying to kill each other, for one side or the other, there are no innocents.

The only way Emo could have known YT's role is through a spell, Major Divination, if I'm correct. In any case, any kind of coven between the witches was broken with Vulpix chk.'s death. I suppose they could have discovered YT's role through that spell, but... he had been inactive all game, what was the point? My vote with Mag stands.

Plantae
28th March 2006, 04:59 PM
I would appreciate it if you would refrain from editing again, Ace64, but your reason is acceptable. And you did save me the trouble of counting the votes. Even with a turn or two, it remains that you have done blasphemy.

Dead
Theurge - drew

The outcome of one side grows bleaker, incantations likely to be soon thrown from the sidelines... for the day is darkening to moonlight.

Magmar
28th March 2006, 05:42 PM
so is Theurge a drew or is drew a Theurge? ;)

Zcade0
28th March 2006, 07:24 PM
what killed mez?

Vulpix.ck87
28th March 2006, 08:07 PM
*audiable whisper* I'm guessing it was witches Z.

*smiles devishly from her smoten death-hole*

Magmar
28th March 2006, 08:15 PM
Damn those warlocks.

Dark-San
29th March 2006, 08:52 AM
[b][size=3] Warlock? Brother, they ain't any new roles here. -_-"

Magmar
29th March 2006, 09:52 AM
lol Zcade had asked if we call our male witches "warlocks" and I told him that in pagan religions we call them witches, too.

Plantae
29th March 2006, 04:31 PM
Unexpected?

Dead
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Speaker

Dead souls must disperse, though, as the day comes.

Zcade0
29th March 2006, 05:46 PM
Darn evil things!!!!!!!!! The good and glorious Archfeinds will smite you all!!!! Glory to the Archfeinds!! Glory to the Dragons!!!!!!!!!!! Glory to the Mortals!!! (yes, us week, powerless, sitting-ducks-mortals!!!!!!!!)

Magmar
29th March 2006, 06:52 PM
I choose you, Ace64.

Ace64
29th March 2006, 07:12 PM
You chose Drew, too, didn't you? I tried to change the vote away from him, and then from Emo... who "mysteriously" dies in the night anyway. Between your wonderful initiative, and all that talk of warlocks, I'm growing pretty convinced you're the second Witch.

But, if I've got things figured out, I'm backed into a corner without a friend to my name. No doubt there will be more votes with me (though hopefully with a reason why.)

I'll throw my last vote for Magmar, for all the good it will do.

Dark-San
29th March 2006, 07:42 PM
[b][size=3] Sounds like you are choosing pokemon, Magmar. Lolz~ Ace64 to go!

Magmar
29th March 2006, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah, Ace, hopefully you'll understand why I couldn't ally with you now :) but alas, I am not a Witch.

Magmar
29th March 2006, 08:51 PM
Darn evil things!!!!!!!!! The good and glorious Archfeinds will smite you all!!!! Glory to the Archfeinds!! Glory to the Dragons!!!!!!!!!!! Glory to the Mortals!!! (yes, us week, powerless, sitting-ducks-mortals!!!!!!!!)

Ohhhh Zcade, you are an individual.

Dark-San
30th March 2006, 09:48 AM
[b][size=3] Actually Zcade0 are you aware that you are able to form alliance too? Or you are just too fond being an individual?

Heald
30th March 2006, 09:49 AM
Ace64. My nefarious reasons will become apparent, but everyone else excluding the victim should know them anyway.

Weasel Overlord
30th March 2006, 10:41 AM
[color=thistle]Ace. I'm curious dear, if Magmar is the second witch, then who, pray, is the first?

Hehehe...Nefarious...

Ace64
30th March 2006, 02:09 PM
Funny you should say that...

In any case, let's get this over with.

Zcade0
30th March 2006, 04:14 PM
I don't like other people. Humans scare me. If I may repeat I said I was a mortal did I say human?

Hemsforth and forwidth, I don't ali. Ever. Anyonw who asks shall meet my blade. *pulls blade out of the last person he stuck it in* This one to be exact. :biggrin:

Vulpix.ck87
30th March 2006, 05:36 PM
Third witch reporting.

Voting Ace64 ( In the nicest way possible ^^;; )

*unleashes scarab army once more*

Plantae
30th March 2006, 06:55 PM
The conclusion seemed inevitable.

Dead
Ace64 - Marked

But the game is... not over?

Dark-San
30th March 2006, 08:36 PM
[b][size=3] Shouldn't the game be over? *Repeats*

Hey you witches are spoiling the fun. Warlock reporting! lolz~

Dark-San
30th March 2006, 08:38 PM
[b][size=3] Hey Plantae, I notice that the marked's death is not yet updated? What is going on?

Plantae
30th March 2006, 09:29 PM
It has since been. I apologize for the delay.

Magmar
30th March 2006, 11:22 PM
Plantae, since the fact that all living players are in an alliance... would we have to betray to win the game? Or.. what?

Dark-San
31st March 2006, 03:55 AM
[b][size=3] Yes, do explain to us Plantae. Do we seriously have to betray each other in order to win this one? Or is there any other way to win without leaving a black mark to any of us?

Plantae
31st March 2006, 06:55 AM
I must smile wickedly and hold my tongue. There is the issue of coexistence. Which means, you must betray but one of two members to win.

Magmar
31st March 2006, 08:27 AM
Those coexistance rules are rubbish. Make it Sunshine so we can democratically discuss who to kill in the thread.

Plantae
31st March 2006, 11:05 AM
I apologize, but until I get corroboration from all of you for Sunshine, it cannot happen. I have no right to rob the use of night abilities from anyone who desires to use them.

Plantae
31st March 2006, 02:29 PM
That ought to be long enough. As the sunlight shines through, you realize:

Alive
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai

And in the night, an ironic twist of fate brings death to:

Dead
Heald - Necromancer

That brings us to the end of the game as the new-formed pact allys anew an old friend.

[b]Witch Win![b]
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Speaker
Magmar - Green Man
Weasel Overlord - Witch
Dark-San - Witch
Vulpix.ck87 - Mummy

Magmar
31st March 2006, 04:59 PM
Sorry Heald, man. But a job well done by the 6 of us.

--not a witch

Dark-San
31st March 2006, 08:53 PM
[b][size=3] Yea sorry Heald, you got to go.

If we had read the rules earlier, we wouldn't have chosen to invite you over.

Hurray to the rest of the team! We won!

Heald
1st April 2006, 03:58 AM
Meh, technically we won if it wasn't for the asinine rules.

Plus, as a necromancer, I can just resurrect myself...somehow.

Oh well, which one of you actually betrayed me anyway?

Magmar
1st April 2006, 06:03 AM
I don't have night powers. 'Twasn't me.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
1st April 2006, 06:31 AM
I can't kill anyone except myself with my powers. And anyway I've been in hibernation due to a sudden work blizzard... *shifty eyes*

Dark-San
1st April 2006, 10:27 AM
[b][size=3] Wasn't me either.... Even 2 living witches can't kill off you. Could it be Vul?

Plantae
1st April 2006, 12:41 PM
Vulpix killed you. You disturbed her grave, or so she says. The next game is slated for next week, Wednesday at 4:00 PM CST.

The rules may undergoe changes, but I would like any suggestions at this moment first.

Ace64
1st April 2006, 05:17 PM
I've got a suggestion, purely for the whole Theurge/Marked/Mortal roles, as that was what I played this round.

Killing the Daemons was fine, but I felt pretty discouraged once I realized that we would have the Witches to deal with as well. The alliance system is fine, though I didn't make any sucessful ones this round, but it seems like the lines are already drawn for every faction but mine. The witches and Green Man are a package, and free to work their own deviousness. The Daemons know each other, and have ways to find out who the others are. But, for the Marked/Theurge/Mortal/Speaker etc.,... we're kinda cut off. I didn't have any idea who anyone was until it was too late, and my ability only gives me race, which isn't too helpful. With all the Daemons gone, everyone is "human," except the Green Man, who is unkillable anyways.

I know that Theurge/Marked/Speaker roles are pretty powerful already, but I guess what I'm suggesting is some way for us to find out our own "kind," in a sense. It's either join the Daemons or Witches for us, and by the end of the game, we end up dying anyway, as Heald did.

Plantae
1st April 2006, 05:41 PM
I noticed the same deal. I will try to think of a way for the humans to be more connected, and next game I believe I will mark all the Necromancer, Speaker, Witches, and Marked as "supernatural." The Green Man will be subsequently marked as "deity" as already stated.

Heald
2nd April 2006, 04:15 AM
I will be away Wednesday and Thursday but I will be back on Friday, so please include me in the next game, but don't mistake my inactivity for suspicious goings-on.

Dark-San
2nd April 2006, 05:31 AM
[b][size=3] Lolz~ Green man is cannot be touch unless if all the witches are gone. So in a sense, as long as the witches doesn't all dies at once. The Green Man is an immortal. Hence Magmar in this round was able to kick the biggest fuss and not to worry about himself being voted out. ^.^

Chris Watarimono
4th April 2006, 07:14 AM
Hey everyone.

Excuse me Plante, I'd like to be taken off the list for the Witch Trials game. I'm not up to it right now, and it's not fair to clog up a spot for anyone else.

Thanks! :3

-Chris R.

Plantae
4th April 2006, 06:58 PM
You are excused. The game will be postponed to 8:00 PM CST on Wednesday, but will remain Wednesday's prerogative.

Plantae
5th April 2006, 08:27 PM
Well, second chances. Unforeseen circumstances have put me miraculously behind, and I can only apologize profusely. This will be up tomorrow at 4:00 PM CST.