PDA

View Full Version : Weird Type Combinations

mr_pikachu
14th March 2006, 08:27 PM
Well, all the talk about the new Diamond and Pearl games has got me thinking about Pokemon types. We've had some odd combinations in the past, like Gligar (Ground/Flying), Chinchou/Lanturn (Water/Electric), Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying), and so on. But when you think about it, there are 136 possible combinations for dual-type Pokemon like these (272 if you consider a/b and b/a to be different). So obviously, there are a lot of combos we haven't even touched yet.

I'm curious about the wackiest, most nonsensical type combinations you can come up with. (Bonus points to people who figure out ways to make those combos work!) What set of types do you think would never happen... and how could they actually come into being?

As for mine...

Obviously something like Ghost/Normal would be nutty, since Pokemon of each type are immune to attacks of the other type. I'm not even going to begin to think about that, because I'd drive myself insane. But I could see something like a Fire/Water type. Lots of fish and aquatic mammals live near volcanoes, for instance; consider the areas around and within Hawaii. So a tropical fish could incorporate a Fire element if you got creative with it. Fighting/Flying seems off-the-wall, but we've had just about everything else with Flying, and in RSE Fighting was paired with, of all types, Psychic (Meditite/Medicham). I could see something like a flying squirrel, which would be absolutely nuts. XD

What ideas do you have about type combos? C'mon, tell the world! :yes:

Blademaster
14th March 2006, 08:34 PM
I've always wanted to see a weird Ghost Pokemon combo; I've been thinking of a Halloween-type of line - some Jack-o-Lantern Pokemon that is Ghost/Grass and maybe evolves into Ghost/Fire.

Yeah, I'm kinda tinkering with names at the moment: stuff like Candemise, Necrop, and Pumtrgeist have come to mind, but I haven't gotten much better than that... :p

Lady Vulpix
15th March 2006, 12:57 PM
I think Ice/Fire would be funny. And, as someone once said... Fire can be ice.
Of course that's not what she meant to say, but that's just a minor detail.

Knight of Time
15th March 2006, 12:58 PM
Hmm, I've been thinking of how interesting it might be if there was a fire ant Pokemon, which would obviously have to be Bug/Fire. Anyone ever heard of the Archie comics character Archimedes the fire ant from the Sonic the Hedgehog series? If not, this is where I came up with the idea basically.

Of course, trying to come up with a name for such a Pokemon is definitely a pain, but maybe Pyrant (pyro + ant) or something might work.

Starry Might
15th March 2006, 02:17 PM
I've come up with some funky type combos in the past with my made-up Pokemon - I'll post the ones with combos that have yet to be done (that I know of - I've lost much of my knowledge about Pokemon, I'm afraid :notfunny:).

(*DIGS INTO HER OLD MADE-UP POKEMON TEXT FILES*)

Glaishock > Thundra (Electric/Ice)

Psyro > Scorcherer (Fire/Psychic)

Lightbug (Electric/Bug)

Firefry (Fire/Bug)

Spectrice (Ice/Ghost)

Spectfyre (Fire/Ghost)

Spetricity (Electric/Ghost)

Skarab > Skarabee (Psychic/Bug)

Veloclash (Rock/Fighting)

Harpiren (Fighting/Flying)

Gothchic > Gothhawk (Ghost/Flying)

Mandracon (Grass/Dragon)

Rinitin > Ryutin (Steel/Dragon)

EDIT: Mantiboar > Scorpiboar (Dark/Poison; judging from subsequent[sp?] posts, this combo hasn't been done)

Phoenixsong
15th March 2006, 05:41 PM
Weird type combos, huh? Good gawd, I have a LIST of all the combos Nintendo hasn't used yet (shame on them!) just so I have original ideas when making up my hundreds and hundreds of new critters (see my sig...). Hmm... I'll come up with movesets and explanations later when I have time to put some real thought into this, but here are some I've done before:

Draghost>Draghaunt>Draghoul: Dragon/Ghost

Marsier>Malemir: Grass/Ground

Augon>Julagon: Fire/Dragon (here's your explanation: because Fire should have been the FIRST thing Nintendo combined with Dragon, that's why!)

Demajik>Demarvyl>Demisticus: Fire/Psychic

Tulisard>Flytragoon>Mandragoon: Grass then Grass/Flying then Grass/Dragon

Keronine>Kasoline: Fire/Poison

Ironagon>Skalitank: Steel/Dragon

Enigmer: Dark/Psychic

Cadavine>Cadaverde: Ghost/Grass (my own pumpkin-headed Pokemon)

Skelmut>Skellshock: Ghost/Ground

Minursa>Majursa>Polaris: Ice/Fire

...there were other really interesting ones, but I forget them all now. I did have a Water/Fire type, but upon reading what you wrote and realizing how illogical it is I'll either need to redesign it or re-explain it. I'll add more with some explanations and junk later.

rinku
15th March 2006, 06:10 PM
Ice/Electric actually makes sense, as superconductors typically need cold temperatures to operate.

Water/Steel hasn't been done, but could be as a submarine or torpedo pokémon.

Ghost/Fire relates to the move Will-o-wisp rather well.

Dark/Bug could be something like a scorpion (give it Immunity as an ability and it's practically Poison type as well).

Dark/Fighting for an evil ninja type (and quite useful as it adds Immunity to one of Fighting's weaknesses)

Water/Normal would have been ideal for Buiseru... but looks like that's not going to be the case.

Fire/Grass for a burning bush ;)

Fire/Dragon would seem to be a no-brainer, probably with Levitate.

The ones not previously done (plus Lucario) are:

Normal/Fire, Normal/Water, Normal/Electric, Normal/Grass, Normal/Ice, Normal/Fighting, Normal/Dark
Normal/Poison, Normal/Ground, Normal/Bug, Normal/Rock, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Dragon, Normal/Steel,
Fire/Water, Fire/Electric, Fire/Grass, Fire/Ice, Fire/Poison, Fire/Psychic, Fire/Bug, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Dragon,
Fire/Steel, Water/Ghost, Water/Steel, Electric/Grass, Electric/Ice, Electric/Fighting,
Electric/Poison, Electric/Ground, Electric/Psychic, Electric/Bug, Electric/Rock, Electric/Ghost, Electric/Dragon,
Electric/Dark, Grass/Ice, Grass/Ground, Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dragon, Grass/Steel, Ice/Fighting, Ice/Poison,
Ice/Bug, Ice/Rock, Ice/Ghost, Ice/Dragon, Ice/Steel, Fighting/Poison, Fighting/Ground, Fighting/Flying,
Fighting/Rock, Fighting/Ghost, Fighting/Dragon, Fighting/Dark, Poison/Psychic, Poison/Rock, Poison/Dragon,
Poison/Dark, Poison/Steel, Ground/Psychic, Ground/Ghost, Ground/Dark, Flying/Ghost,
Psychic/Bug, Psychic/Rock, Psychic/Ghost, Psychic/Dark, Bug/Dragon,
Bug/Dark, Rock/Ghost, Rock/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon, Ghost/Steel, Dragon/Dark,
Dragon/Steel, Dark/Steel.

Apologies if I've listed any that do exist!

All single types have been done except Flying, but it now appears Perappu fills that missing slot.

Edit: Oops! A bunch of ones I overlooked removed.

Mega Horny
15th March 2006, 06:23 PM
submarinate (fire/water)

more later

Blademaster
15th March 2006, 06:27 PM
Knight of Time: If I may make a suggestion for your Fire/Bug Poke?

How about Terminite?

I'm kinda tinkering with a Dark/Steel line, myself: Buckminon ---> Carbolon ---> Miadondum.

Phoenixsong
15th March 2006, 06:28 PM
Actually, some of those have been done. Latias and Latios are Dragon/Psychic; Beldum, Metang and Metagross are Steel/Psychic; Kingdra is Water/Dragon; Scizor and Forretress are Bug/Steel; Aron, Lairon and Aggron are Steel/Rock... although, none of this matters if you're counting a/b and b/a as different, like mr_pikachu said. I guess it does sort of matter; I mean, for whatever reason Nintendo differentiates between Golem, which is Rock/Ground, and Rhydon, which is Ground/Rock, even though if you smack them with an Ice Beam they both crumble in the exact same way. Weird that. But yeah, that's more or less the list I have for reference when making up Pokemon. It's quite helpful when you're trying to be original.

mr_pikachu
16th March 2006, 02:25 AM
Dang, I guess I'm not the only one who's thought about a Fire/Bug Pokemon. (I made a scorpion for a fanfic once... although I was stupid enough to want to give it Dark as a third type. Meh.)

I had no idea that this topic would get so much attention so quickly. Wow! Thanks, guys!

Hmm... maybe something like a leech could be Poison/Dark? And Water/Ghost could have something to do with sailors who died at sea...

Lady Vulpix
16th March 2006, 04:59 AM
Bug-dragon would be something like a dragonfly. :P

There were flying bugs in the old Hayto club, but that was so long ago no one else is bound to know what I'm talking about (something TPM had on the Polls and Clubs forum before it became PCG).

darktyranitar
16th March 2006, 10:20 AM
Fire and water, although it would be really interesting to see an explanation on that kind of duo-type. Any opinion, MH?

Mega Horny
16th March 2006, 10:21 AM
submarinate (fire/water)

marinate as you do to fish before cooking them and sub as in underwater, its a type of steam powered submarien thing or something, thats the only way I can connect fire and water. I actually created a Fire/Steel thing a few years ago. It was this like machine with vents that it shot flames out of or somthing.

Blademaster
16th March 2006, 01:29 PM
I think the hardest type combo to work with would be Ghost/Dragon, which is what I'm going for today:

Moragon ---> Piragon ---> Necragoon

The first line would look like a chibi dragon skull nestled on an 'X' of ectoplasm (Anyone played Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door? Think back to those 'Wizzerds' in the Shadow Queen's castle and the Pit of 100 Trials and you'll have a decent comparison.). The second one would look like a cartoonish dragon skeleton poking out of a treasure chest. The last one would look like a dragonic skeleton with ghostly bat wings and glowing red eyes.

"I have lots of good ideas; the trouble is, most of 'em suck."
-George Carlin, 1977

Magmar
17th March 2006, 09:58 AM
A Ghost/Psychic type will certainly have some issues!

We all know what happens, however, when we combine the Normal and Bird types...

Mega Horny
17th March 2006, 09:59 AM
there is no
'bird' type. I think they should make a grass/poison, that would be some hot stuff there.

Magmar
17th March 2006, 10:16 AM
there most certainly is a normal/bird type

Mega Horny
17th March 2006, 10:43 AM
its "flying" The only normal bird type in the game is missigno

Magmar
17th March 2006, 10:49 AM
which is definitely a Pokemon, lol

Blademaster
17th March 2006, 12:08 PM
I think they should make a grass/poison, that would be some hot stuff there.

Uh, Mega Horny?

There are already at least 20 Grass/Poison hybrids out today! There's Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Roselia, Shroomish, and a bunch of others.

By the way, has anyone else thought it strange how there is no 'Wind' or 'Light' types when Fire, Water, Dark, and Ground are all commonplace? Hmm.......

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th March 2006, 01:18 PM
Bellosom and Shroomish aren't poison.

Mega Horny
17th March 2006, 07:13 PM
Ever heard of sarcasim Blademaster? There is a flying type which is bascially wind, plus MLG created sun, the pwningest type of all, so everthings settled.

Blademaster
17th March 2006, 08:12 PM
Ever heard of sarcasim Blademaster?

Who, me? Sarcasm? No, I've never heard of such a thing! :p

There is a flying type which is bascially wind, plus MLG created sun, the pwningest type of all, so everthings settled.

Flying and Wind are two different things, Mega. Think of Gyarados, for instance. Does that thing look like a Flying type? No, but it'd be a model Water/Wind type. Some aerial Pokemon, like the Hoppip line, as well, don't really seem like Flyers, to me - Wind would be a nice new type.

And I have never heard of any 'Sun' type. Maybe 'Psychic would be an OK Light sub, but honestly, the Sunkern line, the Togepi line, Espeon, and maybe even Solrock/Lunatone should have their own Light type.

Mega Horny
17th March 2006, 08:29 PM
Sun pokemon are where its at man. MLG created them, so they officially 'exist'. anyway, I think they should make like a fire breating venus flytrap thats grass/fire or something.

mr_pikachu
18th March 2006, 12:29 AM
Actually, it's believed (if not confirmed) that the beta versions of Pokemon had a Bird type. This is also evidenced by a lot of trainers of Flying Pokemon claiming to love BIRD Pokemon (with BIRD in all capital letters like that, just as a trainer in the game might describe FIRE Pokemon, WATER Pokemon, etc). I don't refer to Flying types that way myself, as there are a lot of Flying Pokemon that certainly couldn't be classified as birds. However, some people do, it seems.

Light Umbreon
18th March 2006, 07:50 AM
I think it would be cool if Nintendo made a Pokemon with all the types.It should be a legendary Pokemon. :eek: :cool2:

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th March 2006, 08:52 AM
Bird type is now in order. *pointing to the new pokemon CoroCoro revealed*

Magmar
18th March 2006, 09:11 AM
Mega Horny: like in the Mario games?

If a Normal/Bird type can ruin your game boy, imagine what a Psychic/Bird type can do! :eek:

Mega Horny
18th March 2006, 12:45 PM
@Magmar: indeed. Exactly like so.

@MLG: I know you have Sprites of CoroCoro, and I don't care how shy you are, you have to post them in a spriting thread somehwere!

Chris 2.1
18th March 2006, 06:35 PM
The new Pokemon is a pure flying type, not a bird type at all. Flying is much better as the type can be given to Pokemon like Charizard or Butterfree. Can you imagine either of them being classed as part 'bird'?

Blademaster
18th March 2006, 07:02 PM
Can you imagine either of them being classed as part 'bird'?

Society as we know it would come to a halt... :eek:

Anywho, I'm here today with a Steel/Normal Pokemon, which evolves from Eevee after attaching a Metal Coat to it: Cadmeon.

(portrays Pokemon resembling robot Eevee with long, hook-shaped ears, a black midsection, and a blue '+' over a red '-' on the forehead and sides)

Mega Horny
18th March 2006, 07:42 PM
Already made, right here Niobeon
(Image:)
http://shop.kilobox.net/media/metal-case.jpg

Niobeon, also known as columbeon, is number 41 on the periodic table. With a melting point of 2468 degrees C, it qualifies as a refractory Pokemon. Niobeon has a density of 8.57 gm/cc. It has many properties that make it an excellent candidate for fabricated parts that must be made of a refractory Pokemon. Niobeon offers good ductility and weldability under a clean, dry inert gas or a vacuum.

Shitty Moveset: -- Scratch
-- Harden
09 Sand Attack
14 Mud Slap
19 Bite
23 Metal Claw
27 Iron Defense
32 Take Down
38 Protect
38 Iron Tail
44 Metal Sound
50 Facade

Blademaster
18th March 2006, 07:47 PM
What!? Grrrrrrrr... Fake Cadmeon, you will bow to the original!

(Niobeon does nothing)

Cadmeon, use Battery Acid!

(Cadmeon spits toxic yellow substance at Niobeon, burning it to slag)

Yay, Cadmeon! :biggrin:

Magmar
18th March 2006, 09:35 PM
I can so see the relation to Eevee in that luggage... provided the metal coat equivalates to shoving the Eevee into it

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th March 2006, 02:21 AM
Yeah, well I will not post my sprites.

Also, whoops about the bird/flying thing. Yeah, pure Flying is going to be awesome. Although it looks to detailed to be a basic stage. That means another crappy non-evolving pokemon. He'll probably have a crappy movepool and awesome stats (like GSC Espeon) or the other way around.

Starry Might
24th March 2006, 02:07 PM
Ever heard of sarcasim Blademaster? There is a flying type which is bascially wind, plus MLG created sun, the pwningest type of all, so everthings settled.

"Wind"? "Sun"? "MLG"? Can you explain this further, please? :confused:

mr_pikachu
24th March 2006, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that MLG stands for MeLoVeGhOsTs.

We really don't need more Eeveelutions... there are enough as it is. I'm just praying we won't get additions based on the weather... I don't want a Freezeon because there was a hailstorm when my Eevee decided it liked me! No Sandeons, either, thank you!

(This could go so far... Poiseon for when you're near a power plant and you encounter acid rain... Spectreon for when you're in a cemetery... meh.)

Oh, and apparently all four of the newly revealed Pokemon are purely one type each; three Water Pokemon and a Flying Pokemon. At least, that's what I heard while the forums were down. *shrugs*

Phoenixsong
24th March 2006, 06:10 PM
Oh, come now, mr_pikachu, what's wrong with Eeveelutions? Jolteon and Espeon make awesome special sweepers. Really, I think that new Eeveelutions could be really cool as long as the new ideas were handled tastefully. And Eevee needs an evolution that can actually benefit from physical moves (because Flareon is a Fire-type and IMO doesn't count), so I think a Steel Eevee would be cool... like Cadmeon, or my own Paladeon... or else maybe a Normal Eeveelution, like my Eon. Hey, why not?

*looks at Mega Horny's weird and detailed description of Niobeon* Hmm... you know, it's ironic. I just got through a chemistry block at school and was somehow inspired to create an entire generation of Pokemon based on the periodic table... man, was I bored in that class.

Anyway, the fact that this Perrapu thing is going to be pure Flying is awesome. It sure took them long enough... Finally, no reason for me to get ticked off that my precious birdie isn't resistant to Fighting. Now all they need is a Ghost/Flying type and a Fighting/Flying type and there'll officially be a Flying-type for each of the seventeen types. Something like a ghostly bat-thing (only make it like a flying fox to keep it distinct from that godawful Zubat) and then maybe some sort of cassowary or other big bird that could kick the shiznit out of you. Like a Dodrio, only less annoying and tripolar, you know?

And yes, it does annoy me that there is a Dark type and yet no Light type, and a Wind type (distinct from Flying) would be cool, too. Both Light and Wind are actually in the ten or so types I made up for some of my freakish Pokemon... and Mega Horny, as awesome as MeLoveGhosts's Sun Pokemon might be (and I don't know any so I couldn't say), that's not necessarily the same as a Light type. The sun is not the only source of light out there.

On a final note before I shut up, I think it'd be pretty cool to make up more "man-made" Pokemon, like Porygon and Porygon2 only better, less annoying and not so darn hard to get (because paying 9,999 coins at that stupid Game Corner, especially on something so bad, is sacreligious and needs immediate remedy by angry, torch-wielding mobs and burning at the stake). After all, if the Porygon/Porygon2 experiment was a success, why doesn't Silph Co. start making more Pokemon? The controversy over man-made Pokemon over real ones could even be part of the storyline for a future game.

Blademaster
24th March 2006, 08:11 PM
(fog lifts)

The scene is a dark, dingy cemetery late at night... the reader is lost here, uncertain of his/her next move...

Then, all of a sudden...

(horrible pale hand bursts out of the ground, then another, and another and another)

The reader screams and runs off as the zombie army raises itself from the Earth... And there, atop the highest shrine, at the base of the mausoleum, an ashen figure rises from his grave, seeming as though he just woke up.

That person...

...is me.

Blademaster: (stretches arms; stands erect)

I LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, but seriously, did anyone else have a problem getting here the past few days?

mr_pikachu
24th March 2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah. TPM was down for a few days, there. But thankfully, it's back now.

And sorry about my hesitation to support Eeveelutions, Phoenixsong. I guess I'm just biased after seeing too many fanfics with Eeveelutions that were created just for the heck of it.

...If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. Fanfiction.net is the biggest site for fanfiction on the net, and (judging by the average fic), it's probably one of the worst. :P

*jabs fanfiction.net with a spear*

Oh, and you raised an interesting point. There certainly haven't been any manmade Pokemon for awhile. (Frankly, I think that Magnemite, Magneton, Voltorb, and Electrode probably originated in a laboratory, but that's just my theory.) I'd be interested to see what might come of a return to the manmade 'mon...

Blademaster
24th March 2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah, ff.net is big and full of a few treasures engulfed by cheap crap, like Wal-Mart.

TPMF, on the other hand, is consistently good and has relatively little crap, like JCPenney.

:biggrin:

Hatake Kakashi
24th March 2006, 11:36 PM
Skeletonne - Ghost/Steel
The name is because it's an incredibly heavy zombie-like Pokemon.

Thermuss
Thermose(sp?) and mussle. A fire/water Pokemon. Oddest combo of all I'd say :P

Antipode
Fire/Ice type of course.

Ryuken
Play off the Street fighter move "Shoryuken". Fighting/Dragon.

Also I'm generally not a big fan of Eeveelutions. It's just too easy a way to make new Pokemon.

Magmar
25th March 2006, 10:56 PM
Don't forget that Mewtwo was also manmade. He's free.

Jeff
5th April 2006, 09:13 PM
Well, some that I came up with have some new type combos, to name a few...

Lidey > Lidenin > Lidenite (Bug/Electric)
Jackin (Grass/Ghost, jack-o-lantern, evolves from pure-grass Lilkin)
Clearrock > Crystone (Rock/Ghost, fossil pokemon)
Zaprock (Rock/Electric)
Comettail > Comettrail > Cometton (Ice/Ghost, comet-like)
Wormer > Tunler (Ground/Bug, earthworms)
Slashstar (Dark/Steel)
Steelgon (Dragon/Steel)

Edit: Almost forgot, I've also used a light type...
Solish (Light/Fire, sun)
Lunish (Rock/Light, moon)

rinku
7th April 2006, 12:49 AM
While it would not surprise me to see some more Bug/Ground types, it's not a new one - Nincada is that type.

pokemon4eva
16th May 2006, 07:27 PM
Hey one pokemon thats all types is Castform (hate him) but i got a weird one for you Steel/Ghost pokemon a Mecha-Sableeye or my own creation Robodisapearo looks like a Ghost version of Mr. Mime

Mega Horny
16th May 2006, 09:07 PM
the possibility of becoming a fire, water, ice or normal pokemon isnt 'all types.'

pokemon4eva
17th May 2006, 06:27 AM
I donse't well then sry but the ghost steel sounds really weird to me

Foguet
17th May 2006, 09:27 AM
Maybe there will be one day Glass Pokémon too - if there are Ice, Rock and Steel Pokémon, why not Glass?

Mega Horny
17th May 2006, 06:29 PM
im thinking of a sound type. dual in with mightyena, exploud, etc.

Phoenixsong
17th May 2006, 07:18 PM
What do you mean by "dual in"? But that reminds me of a Pokemon I made up called Aardvox (it has NOTHING to do with aardvarks!)... it's a Dark and "Aural" type aardwolf (a kind of hyena). I'm not in the mood to explain the idea behind it, but... yeah.

pokemon4eva
17th May 2006, 07:19 PM
what about a sand type in duel with Sandshrew, Sandslash

The Blue Avenger
17th May 2006, 08:46 PM
That would be, uh, rather redundant. We already have a ground type.

pokemon4eva
17th May 2006, 08:53 PM
I know but i love to tlk about my favorite pokemon Sandslash (hugs plushie) but mabie they will have stuff like cloud or wood or Magic think about that im talking in duel with Swablu and Sudoowoodo and Alakazam

Mega Horny
18th May 2006, 03:43 PM
magic/psychic. is there a difference? also, wood is basically atrributed the same as grass, save the fact that water waterlogs would but is absorbed by grass. Cloud is basically flying or ghost, depending on what you want, and only applies to Swablu and perhaps Rayquaza.

pokemon4eva
18th May 2006, 04:01 PM
Hey they seperated water/ice ground/rock bug/grass physic/dark electric/steel

Deviou$
2nd June 2006, 12:31 PM
here are some made up pokemon with unique type combinations:

vivoyle -> venomoyle (dragon/poison). ability: intimidate. little speedy gargoyle pokemon with high attack and speed. toxoyle has three "raichu tails" with poisonous barbs on their ends.
malitone -> malace (dark/poison). ability: levitate. no weak! this hades-like shadow is a tank and an annoyer, with high hp and defense, and attacks like mean look and toxic.
transluce (psychic/electric). ability: jolt absorb. a loner. it is translucent and highly reflective, magnifying natural light. high special attack, low speed, average all else.
territaur (ground/grass). ability: sturdy. somewhere between a hippo and a dinosaur. rams enemies with its hard head. high attack, defense and speed; low specials and hp.

Skydragon
9th June 2006, 05:14 PM
These typecombos have probably already been posted in this topic. But i cant be bothered to read it through... =p
So sorry if thats the case.

Now, ive always wanted to see the following:
Fire + Electric
Psychic + Fighting
Electric + Poison
Ghost + Fire

Blademaster
9th June 2006, 09:27 PM
Well, I dunno about the other 3, but when it comes to Psychic/Fighting, you're in luck Skydragon: Meditite and Medicham are Psychic/Fighting types, and very versatile ones at that.

Skydragon
10th June 2006, 05:04 PM
Oh, right Blademaster... I completely forgot about Meditite and Medicham! =P Sorry.

Blademaster
10th June 2006, 05:42 PM
It's OK - it's only 2 out of 386; soon to be 486 (or more, I dunno). Easy to forget, I know. We can't remember 'em all... :smilie:

Crazy Elf Boy
10th June 2006, 05:50 PM
What i want to see is a Water/Dragon or a Thunder/Dragon pokemon i reckon that they would be so cool, I also want to see a Grass/Fire Pokemon even thoguht their opposites as blademaster said before meditie and medichan are Psychic/Fighting and their opposites. So i want to see a Fire/Grass

Shadow Wolf
10th June 2006, 06:24 PM
Hey Crazy Elf Boy, I believe Kingdra is a water-dragon type. As for me, I would like to see a Dark-Fighting Pokemon

+conspiracy+
10th June 2006, 08:50 PM
I guess something like a fire/grass type could kinda be like girafarig where its half normal half psychic in respect to its body... but I think a poke like that would be kinda strong considering it could sunny day, then flamethrower/solarbeam, plus if it had chlorophyll, it would be unstoppable... unless they make it weak to begin with

Crazy Elf Boy
12th June 2006, 03:23 AM
Thanks for telling me that kingdra was one because i wanted one because since its water it stop ice from being super effective and dragon attacks aren't as powerful

Deviou$
12th June 2006, 04:18 AM
well yeah, typewise kingdra's a beast because it's only weak to the relatively rare dragon type. it was even better in gsc where pokes couldn't get dragon claw, nobody used hp dragon and the only pokes who would ever use dragonbreath were weak to it themselves.

probably the best typage in the game, though, is skarmory's steel/flying. though skarm's defense is really high, its type does like 80% of the work in making skarm the premier physical wall. with no weak to phyical attacks and immunities and resistances everywhere, steel/flying could literally allow even pokemon of low defense to tank.