PDA

View Full Version : Movie 5 Location

Team Rocket's Lugia
13th March 2003, 06:12 AM
Is Alto Mare in Johto or Hoenn? It seems a little early for Hoenn, does anyone know?

Lopoke
13th March 2003, 12:05 PM
I used to know that it was located in the Johto region.

Pokemon Neo
13th March 2003, 05:34 PM
I just hope 4Kids decides to use the name Alto Mare.I'd be pretty ticked off they changed it to "Sea City" or something.:mad:

Serebii of SPP
13th March 2003, 05:46 PM
It was just off the North East coastline of Johto...still part of Johto ;)

Nikku-San
13th March 2003, 05:51 PM
Sea City? Nope, but they may call it Venice. That is the place it's based on with the waterways, right?

Murgatroyd
13th March 2003, 05:56 PM
Northeast? What's your source/reasoning for that?

Lopoke
14th March 2003, 05:39 AM
Yes, it would be inappropriate to change the name of the city, and as someone said "Alto Mare" is Italian, a clear reference to Venezia (Venice).

Serebii, northeast coast? Isn't sea on the WEST of Johto? (I'm thinking about the map in GSC and although anime and game aren't the same, Johto seems to be pretty much the same in both)

Hanada Tattsu
14th March 2003, 08:16 AM
I hope Alto Mare is kept. It's such a pretty Italian name...

Yeah, on the map of G/S/C, the sea is always on the west side. However, isn't there an island with the name of Alto Mare on R/S? I may be wrong, but I remember reading a walkthrough that kept raving about a certain Alto Mare Island where you get Latios/Latias. It's prolly wrong though, as the writer of it came from some small site.

Light_Togetic
14th March 2003, 10:03 AM
Considering 4Kids never seems to care about little things like names (the forest in 4Ever, the bad guys name on 2000), I don't think they'll change it, and they might not even mention its name more than once. Then again, Miramax might have different feelings... at least they're advertising the DVD release of 4Ever a little.

AKA Pokemon Fan
14th March 2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Considering 4Kids never seems to care about little things like names (the forest in 4Ever, the bad guys name on 2000),
To my knowledge the original Japanese version of 2000 never said his Lawence III's name either, but was in the credits.

Light_Togetic
14th March 2003, 12:05 PM
Good point. Why didn't I remember that?! And I have the Japanese version too! Oh well *hangs her head in shame*. But I do hope they keep the name, I think names should be kept in their original language.

Team Rocket's Lugia
16th March 2003, 06:31 AM
Thanx everyone, and I just realised that Brock and MISTY were in the movie.

Too Cool Scyther
16th March 2003, 08:31 PM
I'm surprised it's in Johto... so that means Latios and Latias are in Johto instead of Hoenn.. wheee =p

Lopoke
17th March 2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Too Cool Scyther
I'm surprised it's in Johto... so that means Latios and Latias are in Johto instead of Hoenn.. wheee =p

Well, Lugia was in the Orange Islands and Donphan was in the first movie (Kanto?), so it does not surprise me too match that Latios and Latias are in Johto.

Hanada Tattsu
17th March 2003, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda glad they're in Johto, it seems more inviting than Hoenn.

Then again, Kanto is more inviting than Johto and Hoenn combined. :D

But anyway, I always thought Alto Mare was in Hoenn, but then again, how would Ash travel to Hoenn in a movie and continue on in Johto for the TV show.