PDA

View Full Version : Dark Dragonite Vs. Drew Ref:Ace64

Dark Dragonite
25th March 2006, 08:13 AM
Well, Let's get an opponent, and figure out what kind of battle...I'd like to shake my rust off fairly soon.

Greyfox
25th March 2006, 08:22 AM
Well, since my match with Watarimono is going nowhere, I'll take you on, DeeD. What're the terms?

-drew

Dark Dragonite
25th March 2006, 08:31 AM
Sure, how about a 2V2 out simultaneously?
I'd like to keep it to basic pokes, as I don't think you'd pull them out on me, but you do have a nice arsenal, lol
Do you have any specific rules, or stadiums you prefer using, I'm up for anything, or we could go with the Island stadium I used to use a lot(tweaked up a bit), an island surrounded by water, with sparingly placed trees, and more solid dirt than sand as you get closer to the center, 6 floating platforms starting on each end and ascending to meet in the middle, oh, and a nice little volcano on the North East corner.

Greyfox
25th March 2006, 08:34 AM
Most certainly; an island setting would be good. And don't worry, I'm going for experience, so basic pokémon will be the battlers! Who chooses and attacks first, however?

-drew

Dark Dragonite
25th March 2006, 08:45 AM
I guess, since you have a bigger team, you choose first, I'll attack first this round...

Greyfox
25th March 2006, 08:52 AM
No problems, whatsoever. I've had my two picked out already. I'm going with Düsterus, my male wooper, and Pianissimo, my male abra!

-drew

Hyperness is a Good Thing
25th March 2006, 09:32 AM
whoot, I originally volunteered to ref, but I realised that I don't have the time to take up another battle..so... *sits down to spectate* Whee.

*deletes post above*

Dark Dragonite
25th March 2006, 10:11 AM
Ok, well, I'm ready with my pair, but I need a question answered before I attack that I posted in the rule tower.

Ace64
25th March 2006, 02:28 PM
I'll ref this battle, unless there's an objection..

Dark Dragonite
25th March 2006, 02:38 PM
I don't have an objection, I'm also posting attacks soon

Dark Dragonite
25th March 2006, 03:05 PM
Ok, these guys used to serve me very well, especially in the old days...

Go..Lucky and Feizhi!!
(Chansey) (KKahn)

Lucky, Safeguard first, then sit back and see who attacks you, if it's Abra, Shadow ball, if it's wooper, use psychic to reflect the attack at Abra or if he tries to touch you(wooper), psychic to throw him at abra or a tree whichever is closer...if noone attacks, relax

Feizhi, Safeguard first, then see who attacks, if it's abra, Shadow ball, if it's wooper, give him a good mega punch , if noone attacks, relax

Ace64
25th March 2006, 03:31 PM
I'll try to have the reffings up by tonight or early tommorow, just so you know.

Greyfox
25th March 2006, 09:34 PM
Interesting choices, DeeD. However, I've already felled one Kangaskhan before using a small water pokémon, and I'm confident enough to do it again.

Pianissimo, when Lucky casts Safeguard, use 1Snatch to claim its effects, immediately followed by 2Encore to make her cast it over and over again, expelling energy! Whilst she continues using a useless Safeguard, I want you to immediately use 3Psychic to levitate yourself high into the air whilst your ally uses his final attack.

1Snatch [Chansey's Safeguard] / 2Encore [Chansey] / 3Psychic [Abra]

Düsterus, start off by casting 1Safeguard. Your next attack shall wait until Piano is levitating safely in the air. When you seem him there, target both foes with 2Earthquake! Finally, use 3Double Team... just because...

1Safeguard [Wooper] / 2Earthquake [Chansey + Kangaskhan] / 3Double Team [Wooper]

[b][font=Bookman Old Style]-drew

Ace64
27th March 2006, 03:31 PM
If there's any problems, let me know. I'm still new, y'know.

Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Safeguard~ Shadow Ball[Abra]/ Psychic/Relax~Relax

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Safeguard~ Shadow Ball [Abra]/Mega Punch [Wooper]/Relax~Relax

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Snatch [Chansey's Safeguard] ~Encore [Chansey] ~Psychic [Abra]

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Safeguard [Wooper] / Earthquake [Chansey + Kangaskhan] / Double Team [Wooper]

Pre-Battle

It was a beautiful, sunny day. Your Most Humble Referee was currently enjoying a little vacation of sun and fun at an island resort when an argument broke out. Lines were drawn, harsh words were said, and Pokemon released. Four Pokemon, a Chansey, a Kangaskhan, an Abra, and a Wooper appeared on the field. Only the Wooper, Dusterus, looked at home on the sandy beach. At the whistle, the battle began!

Round One, Begin!

The first round of DD’s super comeback extraordinaire begins rather tamely, as three of the battlers form a transparent shield of energy. The last, Pianissimo, waits until the unsuspecting Lucky finishes her Safeguard, before emitting a dark aura. A few moments later, Lucky’s Safeguard shatters as a new shield is set up in front of the Abra. Pianissimo snickers, as Lucky looks rather scandalized.

Abruptly, her scowl disappears as the psychic thief begins to applaud, whistling and cheering raucously. Feeling cheered, Lucky immediately creates another Safeguard. The smirk immediately reappears on the Abra’s face as he concentrates, lifting himself up into the air. Taking the cue, Dusterus jumps as high as he can (which isn’t much) before returning to earth, creating an impressive Earthquake. The sand absorbs his impact, weakening the attack slightly, but both Feizhi and Lucky are rocked at the impact. Lucky is unable to comply with her trainer’s orders, as she is still busy creating another Safeguard, but Feizhi immediately lunges forward and hits the Wooper on the chin with a right cross. Dusterus is sent flying backwards.

Dusterus struggles back to his feet and concentrates, before creating two clones of himself. With no attacks coming, both Lucky and Feizhi relax, as Pianissimo returns to earth. Round One comes to a close….
[center]Post-Battle Stats

Lucky (F Chansey)
Health: 91%
Energy: 93%
Status: Annoyed at Pianissimo for Snatch. Freed from Encore Safeguard active for (4) rounds.

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Energy: 94%

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy:92%

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 92%
Energy: 90%
Status: Chin aches. Safeguard active for (5) rounds. (2) clones created.
EDIT: Clone and SG, done.

Dark Dragonite
27th March 2006, 03:39 PM
Muchos gracias Ace64, but we'll see how tame I get in the upcomming rounds...

>=)

Greyfox
28th March 2006, 06:58 AM
Everything looks fine to me except Düsterus should have some clones with him (as noted in the reffing), and because Lucky used Safeguard throughout the round, should at least have one set up for herself... anyway...

Great first round, both of 'ya. Now, Pianissimo, hold Feizi down with 1Psychic long enough for Düsterus to attack. When that's over, blind the both of 'em with 2Flash! Then finally, set up a similar 3Double Team!

1Psychic [Kangaskhan] / 2Flash [Chansey + Kangaskhan] / 3Double Team [Abra]

Düsterus, with Feizi held down, I want you to immediately strike at her with 1Secret Power using the gravel and sands to attack her. Then fire a 2-3Water Pulse at Lucky, then another at Feizi!

1Secret Power [Kangaskhan] / 2Water Pulse [Chansey] / 3Water Pulse [Kangaskhan]

Dark Dragonite
28th March 2006, 10:15 AM
Actually, I have a Q too, if Lucky used Safeguard throughout the round, wouldn't she have one up if snatch was only used once?

Dark Dragonite
28th March 2006, 12:43 PM
Actually, I didn't read snatch well, I'm behind some games, but instead, my question is if Lucky put up the safeguard first, it wouldn't do anything, snatch has to be used first, before the stat modifier?

Ace64
28th March 2006, 02:27 PM
The effects are stolen away by the first Snatch, but since she used it throughout the round, she should have it anyway. Hang on, I'll edit.

Dark Dragonite
28th March 2006, 05:59 PM
>=)
I think maybe you should see in the archives what I use to do to powerful pokemon with this combo...

Lucky, you aren't goning to let Abra do that to your teamate, Shadow ball Pianissimo to stop it's psychic, then send an Icy Wind to Dusterus to get rid of those clones, and finish by an Icy wind to take out Pianissimo's clones...

Feizhi, Fire a quick solar beam at Dusterus, then, as revenge, Disable Pianissimo from performing anything, then turn your attention back to Dusterus, giving it a good Body slam...

Ace64
30th March 2006, 04:15 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)
Energy: 93%
Status: Annoyed at Pianissimo for Snatch. Freed from Encore. Safeguard active for (4) rounds.

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Energy: 94%

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy:92%

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 92%
Energy: 90%
Status: Chin aches. Safeguard active for (4) rounds. (2) clones created.

Drew: Pianissimo
Psychic~Flash~Double Team
Dusterus:
Secret Power~Water Pulse~Water Pulse

DD: Lucky
Shadow Ball~Icy Wind~Icy Wind
Feizhi:
Solarbeam (weak)~Disable~Body Slam

[center]Round Two, Begin!

Round Two begins to heat up, just as DD promised it would. Pianissimo makes the first move, focusing his psychic energies on Feizhi in order to restrain him. The Kangaskhan struggles, but Dusterus has enough time to form orbs of grit and sand from the beach, and fires them at the beast. A bit of sand splashes into the Kangaskhan’s eye just as he breaks free from the Abra’s hold. Lucky sends a sphere of pure spectral energy at Pianissimo as revenge, while Feizhi fires a beam of solar energy from his maw. The beam, collected hastily, is a bit off the mark because of the sand in Feizhi’s eyes. Nevertheless, the beam crashes in between Dusterus and his clone, shattering the double and sending the true Wooper flying.

The Wooper quickly bounces back, however, rising to his feet and shooting a beam of water at Lucky. It strikes the Chansey just as Feizhi blasts twin beams of red energy at Pianissimo. Pianissimo tries to follow up on his companion’s attack, but finds the crimson energy surrounding him won’t allow him to attack. Lucky takes advantage of the lull to send of blast of cold air at Dusterus, who is chilled, but bears the attack well.

Pianissimo’s Disable wears off in time for him to create three clones. However, another gust of Icy Wind from Lucky soon gives him the chills as well as destroying his body doubles. Dusterus blasts a stream of cold water at Feizhi just as the Kangaskhan leaps high into the air, his shadow looming over the Wooper. The Water Pulse barely slows him down before he comes to earth, smashing Dusterus flat into the sand like so much roadkill. Round Two comes to a close…

Lucky (F Chansey)
Health: 86%
Energy: 80%

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 87%
Energy: 84%
Status: Slightly blinded by sand in eyes. Safeguard active for (4) rounds.

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy: 83%

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 80%
Energy: 82%
Status: Chin is fine. However, entire body aches. Safeguard active for (4) rounds.

EDIT:Fixed damage for Feizhi.

Greyfox
30th March 2006, 04:38 PM
Shouldn't have Feizi taken damage during the round?

Ace64
30th March 2006, 04:42 PM
Sorry about that. I got the energy, but missed the damage.

Anyhow, it's fixed.

Dark Dragonite
30th March 2006, 09:52 PM
Ok Guys...er...Ladies... :xd::pirate: :ninja: let's try a little defensive round...
Lucky, start by using a Double team, then make a small substitute, finish with a Blizzard aimed at both if you can, if not, focus on Wooper!!
Feizhi, Double team, Substitute, and Icy wind aimed at both, or focus on Wooper!!

I know, lame, it's late, I'm in pain, sick, and I'm defensive when I post first...

Greyfox
31st March 2006, 06:39 AM
Good-good; Piano, immediately 1Taunt the both of 'em so they become so enraged that they're forced to attack you. Then, as they come your way, immediately 2Teleport behind them, shooting off 3Tri-Attack to hit 'em!

1[color=#666666]Taunt [Chansey + Kangaskhan] / 2Teleport [Abra] / 3Tri-Attack [Chansey + Kangaskhan]

Düsterus, based on the properties of physics, water, being naturally warmer than ice, will melt it away, thus making it weaker. When the two of 'em use their ice attacks, use 1Rain Dance! Then, use the falling water to strengthen a 2-3Water Pulse volley at Lucky, then Feizi!

1Rain Dance [Arena] / 2Water Pulse [Chansey] / 3Water Pulse [Kangaskhan]

Ace64
1st April 2006, 05:00 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)
Health: 86%
Energy: 80%

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Energy: 84%
Status: Slightly blinded by sand in eyes. Safeguard active for (3) rounds.

Pianissimo (M Abra)

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Energy: 82%
Status: Chin is fine. However, entire body aches. Safeguard active for (3) rounds.

Double Team~Substitute~Blizzard
Feizhi:
Double Team~Substitute~Icy Wind

Taunt~Teleport~Tri Attack
Dusterus:
Rain Dance~Water Pulse~Water Pulse

[center]Round Three, Begin!

DD’s team chooses to become more defensive this round, as both Lucky and Feizhi create three clones each. However, their ploy is ruined as the previously sunny skies darken, and a downpour begins, destroying the copies. Pianissimo makes few obscene gestures, which seems to concern DD’s mother, a large tomato, and a shower. Needless to say, the Abra succeeds in enraging his opponents, and even the ref feels a bit angry.

Forgetting their substitute orders, Lucky and Feizhi charge as one, determined to beat the tar out of poor Pianissimo. Just as the two Normal-type Pokemon converge, Pianissimo vanishes in a flash of light. Feizhi and Lucky exchange puzzled looks moments before a spiral of multi-colored energy strikes them from behind. To add insult to injury, a powerful stream of water from Dusterus bowls Lucky over.

Feizhi is still seething about how badly Pianissimo embarrassed him, and centers his Blizzard solely on the Abra. The ice attack is weakened by the falling rain, but half-melted chunks of ice pelt Pianissimo nonetheless. Lucky follows up, centering the cold air on Pianissimo as well. Unperturbed, Dusterus launches another Water Pulse, this time at Feizhi, who nearly trips and falls from the impact. Round Three comes to a close…

Post-Battle Stats

Lucky (F Chansey)
Health: 75%
Energy: 70%
Status: Safeguard active for (3) rounds. Taunted, soaking wet.

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 79%
Energy: 76%
Status: Battered, soaking wet. Safeguard active for (3) rounds. Taunted.

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Status: Feeling pleased. Quite cold. Safeguard active for (3) rounds.

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Energy: 72%

Greyfox
2nd April 2006, 08:19 AM
Good work, team. Start off with a medium-sized 1Substitute; then, Pianissimo, since they're both water-logged, hit Feizi, then Lucky, with two swift 2-3Thunder Punches!

1Substitute*10% [Abra] / 2Thunder Punch [Kangaskhan] / 2Thunder Punch [Chansey]

Düsterus, once your substitute is up, I want you to use 2Belly Drum; then, once Lucky's been struck by Piano's Thunder Punch, you follow it up with 3Mud Shot!

1Substitute*10% [Wooper] / 2Belly Drum [Wooper] / 3Mud Shot [Chansey]

-drew

Greyfox
9th April 2006, 11:14 AM
[color=#0099cc]Up for DeeD's sake...

-drew

Dark Dragonite
10th April 2006, 11:50 PM
Ok, I can think clearly now, the pain is gone...well...the pain isn't so bad...

Lucky, Use your Rage on Abra, then Calm Mind to focus, and finish with a Psychic to send that mud right back to Wooper!

Feizhi, Since you are mad at being Taunted, I say go for a Facade which should destroy that sub, followed up by a new combo I thought I'd invent for this occaision...Lock Jaw...since you're mad and Abra is going to punch you, latch onto it's arm with a Bite, and keep your grip using your Rage as your inspiration, so he can't hurt your friend and teamate!!

Yes, Lock Jaw= pissed off pokemon + Bite & Rage Combo

Ace64
11th April 2006, 08:46 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)
Energy: 70%
Status: Safeguard active for (2) rounds. Taunted, soaking wet.

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Energy: 76%
Status: Battered, soaking wet. Safeguard active for (2) rounds. Taunted.

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Status: Feeling pleased. Quite cold. Safeguard active for (2) rounds.

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Energy: 72%

Substitute~Thunder Punch(Feizhi)~Thunder Punch(Lucky)
Dusterus:
Substitute~Belly Drum~Mud Shot

Rage~Calm Mind~Psychic
Feizhi:
Facade~Bite+Rage

[center]Round Four, Begin!

Drew’s team acts as one, both creating a small plush replica of themselves from out of nothingness. The dolls fall to the ground, and Feizhi and Lucky’s eyes follow them, fooled by the seemingly useless deception. Their eyes seem to be smoldering, filled with hate towards Pianissimo, and they rush the tiny doll. Lucky punches it with one hand (does she have fingers?) and Feizhi stamps it into oblivion. Reluctantly, Pianissimo steps back to the field in place of the doll.

Feizhi is close, and the Abra moves fast. His hand glowing with electric energy, Pianissimo smacks the Kangaskhan with a nice left hook. Feizhi bears the blow well, and fastens his teeth on the Abra’s arm after the punch, his tooth covered in a shadowy aura. Lucky tries to meditate on the calm and quiet, but the Taunt, along with Pianissmo’s cries of pain, incite her to continue her Rage attack, punching the helpless Abra silly. Dusterus plays a jaunty tune on his tummy, a silly grin on his face. He hurts himself in his enthusiasm, but he suddenly feels bolder.For the rest of the match, his attacks will be at maximum power, but in doing so, he doesn't feel the need to avoid anything coming at him. Will a fall come along with his pride?

Pianissimo tries to wrench free of Feizhi’s grip, but the Kangaskhan’s fury only motivates him to keep a tighter grip. Try as he might, the Abra can’t summon up the focus for a Thunderpunch, much less hit anyone. Dusterus inhales a mouthful of muddy sand and chews twice, before spitting it at Lucky. The Chansey barely stops the projectile in time, before sending it back-SPLAT!- right back at the Dusterus’ doll. Round Four comes to a close…

Lucky (F Chansey)
Energy: 59%
Status: Safeguard active for (2) rounds. No longer taunted. Mindset- angry (may be hard to perform psychic/psychic manipulation moves.)

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 71%
Energy: 66%
Status: Battered. Safeguard active for (2) rounds. No longer taunted

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Health: 58%
Energy: 74%
Status: Forearm aching badly, may affect future ‘punches’. Safeguard active for (2) rounds.

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 70%
Energy: 60%
Status: Mud in his face,(his Sub, actually) feels like a disgrace. Safeguard active for (2) rounds. Sub- 4% remaining.Attack- MAX! Evasion-None.

Dark Dragonite
11th April 2006, 09:14 PM
Wow, very rad, how much HP does wooper's doll have?

Ace64
11th April 2006, 09:20 PM
Knew I should have noted that. Fixed.

Greyfox
13th April 2006, 10:45 PM
Wait... how did Düsterus lose 50% health when his Substitute (which was only supposed to take 10% health) was still active?

-drew

Ace64
13th April 2006, 10:49 PM
I assumed Belly Drum cuts HP for attack, like in the game. If I'm wrong, let me know. If it's not HP, then I'll make the change to energy (because max attack doesn't come free.)

Greyfox
13th April 2006, 10:56 PM
This is according to the attack list:

"[color=#FFFFFF]Belly Drum: The user slams its fists into its belly, mentally psyching itself up for battle. The user reaches a sort of battle frenzy, totally ignoring all defense in favor of crushing the opponent with highly-buffed attacks. This is the strongest attack buff in the game, but the user cannot even attempt to dodge or reduce damage from enemy attacks. Excellent accuracy."

-drew

Ace64
13th April 2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I just saw it. Okay. I'll fix the health, and instead of energy loss, I'll go with the loss of evasion.

Dark Dragonite
13th April 2006, 10:58 PM
I've actually never faced anyone who used Belly drum before, so I have no clue...

Dark Dragonite
14th April 2006, 09:42 AM
I thought to ask the mods:
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=29537.msg634133#msg634133

Chris said:
"Belly Drum: The user slams its fists into its belly, mentally psyching itself up for battle. The user reaches a sort of battle frenzy, totally ignoring all defense in favor of crushing the opponent with highly-buffed attacks. This is the strongest attack buff in the game, but the user cannot even attempt to dodge or reduce damage from enemy attacks. Excellent accuracy.

There's no indication the user sacrifices HP, unlike Curse. From the description it seems to lower its defence to fully boost its attacks. It may also deal some damage to itself (3-5%) seeing as it 'slams its fists into its belly'. So it will, in short, take more damage from attacks in order to deal more damage itself."

Ace64
14th April 2006, 09:44 AM
It's been fixed.

Ace64
17th April 2006, 09:23 AM
You're up, DD, unless anything else is wrong..

Chris 2.1
17th April 2006, 01:06 PM
In future, specify which version you're using - ASB or in-game. Ace did not know which was meant and therefore went with the concrete game version which IS perfectly acceptable, if not quite cheap.

Dark Dragonite
18th April 2006, 05:40 PM
Ok...time to play the sit back and wait game..

Lucky, if either foe tries to attack you physically, counter it, if they try to attack from afar, Shadow ball Abra, Solar beam Wooper, if they try to double team either of you, focus on Abra with Shadowball

Feizhi, if either foe tries to attack you physically, counter it, if they try to attack from afar, Shadow ball Abra, Solar beam Wooper, if they double team either of you focus on wooper with solar beam

Greyfox
18th April 2006, 06:02 PM
Hm... interesting.

Düsterus, wait for Pianissimo to hover into the air before you attack. When you see him safe, I want you to hit both of them with a harsh 1Earthquake, then a couple of 2-3Water Pulses at each of them.

Pianissimo, start out by hovering safely in the air to avoid the 'quake. Then, once the two of 'em counter it, immediately give them an 2Encore to make them waste their energy using over and over again! Then you can relax.

-drew

Ace64
19th April 2006, 09:14 AM
Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)
Energy: 59%
Status: Safeguard active for (1) round. Mindset- angry (may be hard to perform psychic/psychic manipulation moves.)

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 71%
Energy: 66%

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy: 74%
Status: Forearm aching badly, may affect future ‘punches’. Safeguard active for (1) round.

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 30%
Energy: 60%
Status: Mud in his face, (his Sub, actually) feels like a disgrace. Safeguard active for (1) rounds. Sub health- 4%

Hover~Encore~Relax
Dusterus:
Earthquake~Water Pulse~Water Pulse

Relax~Shadow Ball/Solarbeam/ Relax~ Shadow Ball/Solarbeam/ Relax
Feizhi:
Relax~Shadow Ball/Solarbeam/Relax~Shadow Ball/Solarbeam/ Relax

[center]Round Five, Begin!
A strange feeling of déjà vu falls over the referee as round five begins. Didn’t this happen…before?

In any case, on one side of the field, Feizhi and Lucky settle back and relax, freed from the mind-altering effects of the Taunt. (+4 energy). On the other side of the field, more diabolical things are planned. Pianissimo concentrates, lifting himself up into the air inch by inch. (-3% energy) Look Ma, no hands! Seeing that his partner is safely airborne, Dusterus leaps much higher than before and slams down into the ground, disturbing the earth’s tectonic plates. The ripples and cracks stretch out from the spot, getting everything a-shaking, including the hapless Feizhi and Lucky. (8% damage, -6% energy to Dusterus) Unfortunately, the ground, much softer due to the rainfall, is a bit harder to extricate oneself from. Dusterus is held fast, looking like a blue post in the ground.

Pianissimo lands safely, chuckling a little at his partner’s flight. On the far side of the field, DD’s team charge twin Solarbeams, aiming at Dusterus. However, there is precious little sunlight to be found here, and the attack never comes. Pianissimo, having nothing to Encore, decides to relax while the poor Wooper struggles. (+4 energy) Even stuck in the ground, though, Dusterus can still attack. Aided by his attack boost, the Wooper’s jaw muscles are strong enough to fire a jet of water laced with supersonic waves across the field. It connects with Feizhi’s belly, who grunts. (6% damage, -5% energy)

Pianissimo continues to chill. (+4 energy) Dusterus turns his head slightly, and fires off another Water Pulse. However, the attack never reaches its target, as his opponents finally fire off twin blasts of energy. The Water Pulse evaporates before the blast, which strikes Dusterus and his Sub at the same time. (14% damage, -8% energy to each) Luckily, the blast also knocks the Wooper out of his hole, albeit leaving him a bit frazzled. Round Five comes to a close…

Lucky (F Chansey)
Health: 67%
Energy: 55%
Status: Safeguard active for (1) round. Mindset- angry (may be hard to perform psychic/psychic manipulation moves.)

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 57%
Energy: 62%
Status: Battered. Safeguard active for (1) round. No longer taunted

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy: 79%
Status: Forearm pain fading. Safeguard active for (1) round.

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 60%
Energy: 49%
Status: Mud in his face,(his Sub, actually) feels like a disgrace. Safeguard active for (1) round. Attack- MAX! Evasion- none.

Rainfall lasts- 2 more rounds.

Trying a new reffing style. Heh...imitation is a form of flattery?

Greyfox
19th April 2006, 09:30 AM
Why were Feizi and Lucky relaxing on turn one when they were ordered to counter any physical attacks? Earthquake is a physical attack, and as such, should've been countered...

-drew

Ace64
19th April 2006, 09:39 AM
Since DD'S attacks come first, and he didn't specify what to do in case nothing happens, I went with the default of Relax.Changing the order of attacks: (DD's squad, then yours) didn't seem fair.

Also, I counted Earthquake as attacking from afar, since Dusterus/Pianissimo are not physically making contact with them. Counter always goes last, but in this case, I interpreted it a little differently.

Dark Dragonite
19th April 2006, 01:04 PM
technically, I thought Wooper and Abra should have lost a tad more energy using those attacks, especially seeing as wooper is suped up, and struggled to get out of the ground, but I'll take it, ready when you are drew

Ace64
19th April 2006, 01:08 PM
I dunno. Does it take more effort for you to lift a barbell, or a third-grader? Does strength make things easier to do, or harder?

Dark Dragonite
19th April 2006, 01:11 PM
strength makes things easier to do, but you expend energy quicker when you use all you've got

EDIT: I think of it this way...
If you're in a fight, and punch someone, it hurts them, and it takes a bit of your energy, but, if conserved right, you can keep throwing those jabs
If you try and put all you've got into a punch, it will hurt them more, but you can't throw as many before you're just worn out.

Have you ever seen the Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a Boxer?

Ace64
19th April 2006, 01:53 PM
I see what you mean. And yeah, I did. Good one.

I'll edit.

Dark Dragonite
19th April 2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks, ok, Drew, whenever you're ready.

Greyfox
19th April 2006, 05:34 PM
Düsterus, Pianissimo: we're going to play this round lightly to ease your strength.

Düsterus, start off with a blinding 1Flash. Then summon a hazy 2Mist to confuse them further; lastly, relax. It'd be difficult for them to put you or Piano in a taunted state considering that you won't even be able to see them...

Pianissimo, just make sure to 1-3Bide any attacks that come your way, shooting them back at Lucky. Otherwise, you can relax.

-drew

Dark Dragonite
19th April 2006, 11:13 PM
Ah, I believe my trap is set...

Lucky, Protect your eyes(i.e. close them), then Sunny Day, finish by holding Abra as a shield between you and wooper, see how abra likes being hit by his partner's bide, since he isn't attacking...

Feizhi, Protect your eyes(i.e. close them), then Disable Abra if there is no fog/Foresight if there is any fog before you attack, finish with a nice solarbeam at Wooper...

Ace64
20th April 2006, 06:36 AM
Wait, DD...are you using Protect? Or do you just want to close your eyes? It could go either way.

Dark Dragonite
20th April 2006, 07:11 AM
well, I said protect them, as in closing them, covering them, both, whatever necessary to negate that flash

Ace64
23rd April 2006, 02:28 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)
Energy: 55%

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Energy: 62%

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy: 79%

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Energy: 49%
Status: Attack- MAX! Evasion- none. He’s smiling, so he must be…happy?

Bide
Dusterus:
Flash~Haze~Relax

Protect~Sunny Day~Psychic
Feizhi:
Protect~Foresight~Solarbeam

[center]Round Six, Begin!

The rain is beginning to let up as all four Pokemon’s Safeguard fizzles out. Dusterus, utilizing photoreceptors hidden within the flaps of his scales (yeah, right), Flashes reflexively.(-4% energy, -3% energy) A small, circular shield appears before Feizhi and Lucky’s eyes, like miniature shades.(-4% energy to each) They caught the beginning of the Flash, but it’s not enough to do any damage. With no attacks forecoming, Pianissimo takes it easy. (+4)

Unperturbed by his foiled attack, Dusterus’ maw yawns wide, releasing a gaseous, grey substance. The Mist is hampered somewhat by the slackening rain, but still spreads across the field, obscuring vision.(-4% energy) Lucky sends forth a prayer to the god of the skies, who responds by halting the rain.(-5% energy) Feizhi’s eyes flash crimson, and he stares at a certain spot in the mist, locked on to Dusterus’ position.(-3% energy) Pianissimo…relaxes.(+4)

Lucky looks about in the fog for her enemy, but even with the sunlight, she cannot identify Pianissimo. After all, she wouldn’t want to grab the wrong Pokemon, would she? Feizhi, however, can see his target perfectly fine, and fires off a Solarbeam into the mist fairly quickly. Dusterus, relaxing (+4 energy) never sees the attack coming, and is hit head on. (14% damage, -7% energy). Pianissimo hears the attack going on, but doesn’t bother to intervene. (+4 energy.) Round Six comes to a close…

Lucky (F Chansey)
Energy: 46%

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Energy: 48%

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy: 91%

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 46%

Sunlight lasts- 4 more rounds.
Mist level- Weak

Dark Dragonite
30th April 2006, 11:06 PM
Attacks shall be posted in the morning...Sorry, being booted off a lot...

Dark Dragonite
1st May 2006, 07:31 AM
Lucky, if either foe tries to attack you physically, counter it, if they try to attack from afar, Shadow ball Abra, Solar beam Wooper, if they try to double team either of you, focus on Abra with Shadowball

Feizhi, if either foe tries to attack you physically, counter it, if they try to attack from afar, Shadow ball Abra, Solar beam Wooper, if they double team either of you focus on wooper with solar beam

Greyfox
3rd May 2006, 06:51 AM
Pianissimo, 1Teleport behind Lucky quickly and use 2Focus Punch. When you land the hit, immediately 3Teleport to a safe spot to dodge the counter.

Düsterus, use 1Rain Dance to start. They'll be hard-pressed trying to summon sunlight from a cloudy day, so take advantage of it. Fire a 2-3Water Pulse at both targets!

-drew

Ace64
5th May 2006, 09:16 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy: 91%

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 46%

Teleport~Focus Punch~Teleport
Dusterus:
Rain Dance~Water Pulse~Water Pulse

Counter/Shadow Ball/Solarbeam/Relax x 3
Feizhi:
Counter/Shadow Ball/Solarbeam/Relax x 3

[center]Round Seven, Begin!

The mist is letting up, and the Pokemon can begin to see each other through the fog. Pianissimo targets the larger shadow in the mist and concentrates, disappearing in a flash. (-4% energy) He appears behind Feizhi silently, who is too busy waiting for the attack to notice him. Dusterus sends a prayer to the weather gods, and rain begins to fall at once. (-4% energy) Lucky and Feizhi relax, as no attacks come this round. (+4% energy)

Pianissimo, his power stored, unleashes a powerful Focus Punch into the Kangaskhan’s spine. (12% damage, -9% energy) Feizhi roars in pain, whirling about to counter-attack, but the Abra is already gone. (-4% energy) What the hell? A powerful burst of water strikes him in the back of his head, further angering him. (7% damage, -5% energy) This time, though, he knows who to attack. He fires off a weak Solarbeam in the direction of Dusterus. (7% damage, -8% energy) Lucky relaxes. (+4% energy)

Pianissimo reappears next to his partner, satisfied with his attack, just as Dusterus fires off another Water Pulse. This time, it strikes Lucky. (7% damage, -5% energy) The Chansey immediately counters with yet another Solarbeam. (7%, -8% energy). Feizhi relaxes. (+4% energy) Round Seven comes to an close...

Lucky (F Chansey)

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 38%

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy: 73%

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 32%
Energy: 32%

Rain lasts- 4 more rounds.

Greyfox
6th May 2006, 09:55 PM
Düsterus, immediately begin the round by refreshing your 1Safeguard. Then, 2Swagger on both foes. However, if it's not possible to nail 'em both, then go for Lucky. Finally, as either of them come angrily your way, use 3Rollout to counter their attack. Your increased strength should make it all possible.

1Safeguard [Wooper] / 2Swagger [Chansey (+ Kangaskhan)] / 3Rollout [Chansey (+ Kangaskhan)]

Pianissimo, we're gonna play the waiting game. Because her Safeguard veil is down, I want you to use 1Toxic on Feizhi. However, if she refreshes it, I want you to Snatch it away before she gets it up. Then, use 2Psych Up to copy Düst's massive attack increase, following up with 3Skull Bash on Feizhi!

1Toxic [Kangaskhan] / 2Psych Up [Wooper's Belly Drum] / 3Skull Bash [Kangaskhan] (subs: snatch)

-drew

Dark Dragonite
8th May 2006, 11:51 AM
attacks will come in a double post later, I've been away, and my head is swimming.

Dark Dragonite
12th May 2006, 12:28 PM
Well, I'm going to use techinicalities to ruin your day as well. :wink:

Feizhi, Put the hurt on Abra, since he targeted you, Bite as close to his throat as possible, if you get angered by swagger, Lock Jaw(pissed off pokemon + Bite & Rage Combo), otherwise, Toxic Abra, and if it comes at you, Crushclaw to the skull

Lucky, Snatch Wooper's Safeguard, use Psychic to Contrict Wooper's esophagus, either that will stop him from swaggering or use your anger from being pissed off to help you pull a Darth vader on him, finally, use Heal Bell for Feizhi

Greyfox
13th May 2006, 04:05 PM
You realize that in using Heal Bell, Piano's pending toxicity will be purged as well, yes?

-drew

Dark Dragonite
13th May 2006, 04:17 PM
You realize that in using Heal Bell, Piano's pending toxicity will be purged as well, yes?

-drew

Me thinks you should read the attack list beta more often...:
"Heal Bell: The user produces a clearly audible chime from a metaphysical bell, and all of the user’s allies are purged of many pains. The chime does not repair basic damage, but it does purge all status effects and virtually all ongoing effects (with the exceptions of particularly bad status effects such as “fainted” and “dead”), even if the ally is currently not in battle (typically due to a Baton Pass). Excellent accuracy."

Unlike Aromatherapy, Heal bell only affects allies. :p

Greyfox
13th May 2006, 05:00 PM
Well, it's up to ref interpretation, but I would think that, because Heal Bell is a loud chime that purges pokémon with it's song, it wouldn't hold any prejudice as far as who would be affected by it.

-drew

Dark Dragonite
13th May 2006, 05:34 PM
well, I haven't seen the anime, I'm sure it's been used, Chansey/Blissey and Miltank have been in the anime, but it could be more like a dog whistle, it only affects some, who knows, it is up to ref's interp.

Ace64
13th May 2006, 07:09 PM
Reffing will be up a little later.

The attack list is a guide, not set in stone. It also says "clearly audible". The user's allies may be cleansed, but that doesn't explicitly exclude the enemy.

Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 38%

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Energy: 73%

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 32%
Energy: 32%
Toxic~Psych Up/Snatch~Skull Bash
Dusterus:
Safeguard~Swagger~Rollout

Snatch~Psychic~Heal Bell
Feizhi:
Bite~Bite+Rage/Toxic/Crush Claw

[center]Round Eight, Begin!
As the rain pours down, the battle continues. Dusterus quickly replaces his fading Safeguard with another, and the shimmering shield reappears briefly. (-5% energy) Seizing her chance, Lucky glows a dark violet briefly, and Dusterus is seized with a sudden sense of loss, as his Safeguard is stolen away from him. (-5% energy) Meanwhile, Pianissimo begins to cough violently, his mouth foaming with a viscous, purple gel. Feizhi takes the chance to Bite the psychic Pokemon as close as he can to his throat, his eyes staring into the Abra’s with feral fury. (7% damage, -5% energy) Pianissimo gasps for air, spitting out the poison directly into Feizhi’s face. (-4% energy) The Kangaskhan immediately releases his grip, trying to wipe the toxins out of his eyes, which immediately tear up.

Pianissimo rubs his chest area gingerly, focusing his mind on his partner’s. The change is gradual, but as his mind acquires the sunny disposition of Dusterus, the pain begins to bother him less. What’s more, he feels even stronger! (-5% energy) Dusterus doesn’t notice the intrusion into his mind, squaring himself between both of his opponents and beginning to show off.(-3% energy) Lucky focuses her telepathic powers, squeezing the Wooper’s throat to the size of a pinhole. (8% damage, -7% energy) Though Dusterus can’t speak, he can still gesture… and Lucky feels herself begin to redden at the Wooper’s nerve. How dare he? Unfortunately for Feizhi, the poison in his eyes completely obscures his vision. He can’t see Dusterus’ gestures, which is good, but he can’t aim any attacks either. What if he hurt Lucky? So he concentrates on getting the acidic goop out of his eyeballs.

Angered, Lucky doesn’t bother with healing her partner. Why would she? That Dusterus makes her so mad…so she charges blindly, intent on ripping him limb from limb. The Wooper croaks cheerfully, curling up and blasting into Lucky with incredible force, his attack-boost proves highly effective in bowling the Chansey over. (8% damage,-7% energy) Similarily, Pianissimo lowers his head and charges directly into Feizhi’s gut, pushing the air out of his lungs. (9% damage, -7% energy) Feizhi grunts in pain, still blind but certain that he was attacked by one of his enemies. He swipes a claw at the area where he roughly believes the attack came from, and scores a hit. (8% damage, -6% energy) Pianissimo’s head grows a pretty good-sized welt. Round Eight comes to a close…

Lucky (F Chansey)
Health: 52%
Energy: 27%

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 26%
Energy: 37%
Status: Poisoned badly, eyes partly cleared of poison, because of rain. (3% damage, doubles each round.)

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Health: 43%
Energy: 57%
Status: Headache. Psychic attacks have slightly weakened for two rounds.

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 24%
Energy: 17%

Rain lasts- 3 more rounds.

Dark Dragonite
14th May 2006, 10:31 AM
I would think the first reaction would be struggling against the lack of being able to breathe, rather than swaggering, I mean he's going from fully pumped up, to can't breathe, and the only thing to stop the psychic closing his windpipe is the force of the struggle against it, which would take up that turn.

Ace64
14th May 2006, 07:21 PM
He's being held by an unseen force, so there's nothing to struggle. Lucky caught him in mid-swagger, and as swaggering is both physical and verbal, there was a good chance that Lucky would see whatever Dust was doing/signing.You even said in your orders that if Lucky was 'swaggered', to pull a Darth Vader on him.

Greyfox
19th May 2006, 11:53 AM
Up for DeeD...

-drew

Dark Dragonite
20th May 2006, 10:12 PM
Well, I guess we have no choice girls...

Lucky, since you're pissed, take care of that wooper, use your Psychic to lift up that hurtful little wooper, and smash him back into the ground as much as you can!!

Feizhi, Ok, try to use Ice beam to stop the foe or attack coming towards you, if you are not attacked, fire shadow balls at Abra, if you are hit, and feel weak, Endure and protect yourself at your will!

Greyfox
20th May 2006, 10:47 PM
Great work team, now let's keep this going. Pianissimo, turn their attention away from their own desires; 1Mimic Düst's swagger to make the both of them very angry. Then, as they charge forward, 2Teleport behind them and hit 'em both with a massive 3Secret Power!

Düsterus, with their attention on you lapsed, I want you to go out with a bang. Fire off one last massive 1Earthquake as Piano is teleporting to cause some great damage! Then I'll recall you.

-drew

Dark Dragonite
21st May 2006, 07:20 AM
sorry to keep you waiting so long Drew, I've not been myself lately...

Ace64
23rd May 2006, 01:17 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Lucky (F Chansey)
Energy: 27%

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 26%
Energy: 37%
Status: Poisoned badly, eyes partly cleared of poison. (3% damage, doubles each round.)

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Health: 43%
Energy: 57%
Status: Headache. Psychic attacks have slightly weakened for two rounds.

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 24%
Energy: 17%

Mimic~Teleport~Secret Power
Dusterus:
Earthquake

Psychic (smash)
Feizhi:
Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/ Endure X 3

[center]Round Eight, Begin!
Pianissimo attempts to Mimic the Swagger move he had seen used earlier, but only scratches his head. For the life of him, he can't recall what it looked like. His contemplation is interrupted by a powerful Shadow Ball from Feizhi (8% damage, -7% energy) Lucky acts out her rage by using Dusterus as a plaything, telekentically lifting him and slamming him into the earth. (8% damage, -7% energy)

As Pianissimo lifts himsefl up, he suddenly disappears from sight. (-5% energy) His head throbs painfully as teleports behind the two Pokemon, his headache bothering him. As Pianissimo teleports, Dusterus begins his earthquake, pounding the earth with his tail as hard as he can. Unfortunately, teleporting takes a split second, and Pianissimo is caught in the seismic trembles. (13% damage to Feizhi and Lucky, 7% to Pianissimo, -10% energy) Hearing Pianissimo’s cry, Feizhi turns and fires a point blank Shadow Ball, spectral energy gathered up hastily before fired off. (9% damage, -7% energy)Lucky seizes Dusterus with telekinetic power, before slamming him into the earth once more. (8% damage, -7% energy)

A beam of energy streaks across the field, striking Dusterus. As the Wooper dissolves into energy, leaving behind his companion, the Abra continues his assault. Glowing sphere of power surround his temple as he assumes a defensive stance. Feeling weak, Feizhi braces himself for the attack. The glowing sphere strike them both at the same time, laced with a random energy. (9% damage, -8% energy) Feeling the poison surge in his veins once more, Feizhi slowly collapses, feeling horrible. The battlers have been cut in half.

Lucky (F Chansey)
Energy: 13%

Feizhi (F Kangaskhan)
Health: 0%
Energy: 0%

Pianissimo (M Abra)
Health: 19%
Energy: 43%
Status: Headache. Psychic attacks have slightly weakened for one round.

Dusterus (M Wooper)
Health: 0%
Energy: 0%

Rain lasts- 2 more rounds.

EDIT: Got the ruling. Mimic was attempted, but failed. The rest of the round doesn't change. Sorry about that.

Dark Dragonite
23rd May 2006, 01:42 PM
I thought you had to mimic swagger right after it happened, not a full round later?
PLUS, mimic, then using Swagger would be 2 attacks, would it not?

"Mimic: The user gains the ability to emulate a move it is currently seeing being used. It can use this move immediately, but the memory span of Mimic is very short and it will have to Mimic again if it wants to use the move later. The appearance of the Mimic directly relates to the appearance of the Mimicked move. Moves that have a focus, such as Cubone’s Bone Club, can’t be Mimicked unless the user can obtain a reasonably similar device that can serve the same purpose. However, all other moves can be Mimicked without difficulty, even special moves like Sig Moves and Gym Leader TMs, and even if a line of text in the move states that it cannot be Mimicked. Excellent accuracy."

He can't see a move that was used a round ago, and it doesn't say it can immediately use the move without it taking another turn

Ace64
23rd May 2006, 01:50 PM
That's true, but as Abra can use Swagger anyway, I reffed it as doing that. Whether it mimics the move or uses it himself, I thought the effect would be the same.

Dark Dragonite
23rd May 2006, 01:56 PM
was there any chance of him getting confused, by that fact?
He was told to do something, that would in effect take one more move than he had, which greatly affected chansey, and KKahn and this whole round. If it was just a little thing, I wouldn't make as big of a stink, but this could be the battle right here.

Ace64
23rd May 2006, 02:02 PM
I'll PM a Mod, and settle it that way, then.

Dark Dragonite
25th May 2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks Ace, but if the swagger failed, wouldn't Lucky not be angry at Pianissimo for one round, and would have attacked wooper, the pokemon she was angry at, until he was recalled?

Ace64
25th May 2006, 09:29 AM
My fault- those were the stats from the previous reffing. Fixed.

Ace64
29th May 2006, 08:41 PM
Hmm...with Drew's retirement, this match is over.

DD recieves 4 points.
I recieve 4 points.

I'm sorry to see that you're going Drew, but I suppose it happens to everybody...besides, you might even make a comeback. It's happened.

Dark Dragonite
30th May 2006, 12:04 AM
Well, thanks for reffing Ace, and Thanks Drew, for ptting up a great fight...I read your message, and my heart sank...sorry to see you go...but if you find time in the future, you have a place in ASB...