PDA

View Full Version : Check this out; need a little help.

tkwiget
25th March 2006, 05:10 PM
Jynx (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 8 HP / 250 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fake Tears
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 100 HP / 156 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Rest
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 164 HP / 4 Def / 92 Spd / 248 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 224 HP / 176 Atk / 108 Spd
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash

I mostly need help with EV spreads. If someone could help with that, I think the team would work a lot better overall.

Poryhedron
25th March 2006, 10:11 PM
Hmm...are you certain you want to use these six pokémon? I might actually recommend replacing Tyranitar. There's nothing wrong with the pokémon itself, but your team has two 3x weaknesses (attack types that hit three of your pokémon for at least double damage), and Tyranitar is involved in both. You really want to avoid 3x weaknesses when building teams. In fact, one of your 3x weaknesses is Ground, and that one's a serious problem because of how popular Earthquake is (the other is Steel, which isn't as big a problem as Ground, but choosing Tyranitar to replace would get rid of both 3x weaknesses.)

tkwiget
25th March 2006, 10:41 PM
Dude, you haven't helped. You only pointed out a flaw and didn't suggest anything for a replacement. I was thinking of replacing Jynx, just don't know with what. She kinda sucks. I haven't tested the team out so far. Just been too lazy. Wanted to save myself some time and get some opinions on it. Maybe I should add in a Water type or something? Like Kingdra, Gyarados (his over used IMO), or maybe something else? Then I have two weaknesses to Electic cause of my Aerodactyl. I was thinking Kingdra would make a nice buffer zone against Electic and other types of attacks. Not really sure. This is the whole point of posting the team.

You got any suggestions on what to replace Tyranitar and Jynx with, then please give them. I might try using Gengar, but he's a little over used IMO.

aragornbird
26th March 2006, 01:53 AM
When I was away from TPM, I learned a ton of stuff about Netbattling so I can help you. BTW, you also post on Smogon, so hello! :dance:

Jynx (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 8 HP / 250 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Substitute/Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic

Jynx doesn't have the defenses to sit around and use Fake Tears, especially when the opponent will switch after being put to sleep. Also, just give it Max Speed.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 100 HP / 156 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Careful Nature please, and give it about 300 to 320 Sp. Defense (any more is unnecessary). 180 to 200 in Defense so it can survive strong physical hits even without any Curses. Around 300 Attack will do, and put the rest into HP.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 164 HP / 4 Def / 92 Spd / 248 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

HP Grass will help you against your big Swampert problem. Also, give it 144 Speed to outrun Tyranitar after 1 DD, max out Special Attack, and put the rest into HP or Defense (or both).

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

What, Ghost?!? Aero doesn't need HP Ghost since it already 1KOs Gengar with Rock Slide. Besides, you need HP Flying for Heracross, Breloom, Celebi, and other such Pokemon.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Meh, Boah is old stuff. DDtar is the way to go now since people aren't using SkarmBliss as much anymore. But anyways, make it Quiet. Tyranitar needs both defenses to keep its Sub up.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 224 HP / 176 Atk / 108 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash

Adamant Nature always, and max Attack too. No need for it to be so fast. It only needs 88 Speed EVs to outspeed Jolteon and Aerodactyl after 1 Agility. But you can add in 4 more in order to beat other Agiligrosses and such. Put the rest in Defense.

Your team has MAJOR Swampert problems. Only Raikou with HP Grass can stop it, and even then, it can only do that if it has at least a couple of CMs. Replace Jynx with a Grass type like Celebi. It counters Swampert, and resists both Ground and Electric. The Heal Bell version works nicely, since your team does not like getting Burned.

tkwiget
1st April 2006, 12:04 PM
I'm not a huge fan of legendary pokemon like Celebi. I just don't like using them really. My biggest problem is finding good starting pokemon. The rest of the team order doesn't matter since this is 1v1 combat with a team of 6 pokemon.