PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Trading Figure Game

mr_pikachu
27th March 2006, 04:14 AM
Pokemon Trading Figure Game (http://www.pokemon-figures.com/)

Well, the craze continues! Pokemon TFG will soon be released in Europe and Australia. Will it be a short-lived gimmick, like the Pokemon Mini, or will it have lasting success? Only time will tell.

Any thoughts or opinions? C'mon, I know you've got something to say about this. Say it here!

Razola
27th March 2006, 02:14 PM
Figures look very nice, and it has potential. But it's from the TCG creators, and I found that game to very limiting after picking up Magic for some time.

Archaic
26th April 2006, 05:55 PM
The game is very uncomplicated, from what I saw. Though, the rules aren't finished yet, and there could still be room for expansion of them (I'd assume at the very least, a new variant with each new set released), so who knows.

Frankly, I'd want them if only for the figures. ^^;;

mr_pikachu
26th April 2006, 05:59 PM
Good point. I'd imagine it won't be long until we have something resembling the Stadiums in the TCG. Maybe some hold items, too, or something of that nature? It does seem like there are some open possibilities.

And yes, the figures could be quite nice in their own right for the collectors. ^_^

Archaic
27th April 2006, 01:59 AM
Well, if we consider the playmats as each being a different stadium...that's pretty much what I just suggested, with having new playmats released with every new set.

As for hold items...I'm assuming that's part of what the trainer cards are about, but we won't know for sure there for a while.

Razola
10th May 2006, 01:05 AM
The inability to do anythng during an opponent's turn is what turned me off of Pokemon TCG. You just sit there, nice and safe, knowing your opponent can't do crap. A whole new mental game opens up when the opponent has the capacity to do stuff at all times.