PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting the last two trophies in Super Smash Brothers Melee

Last Exile
14th March 2003, 12:03 AM
As of last night, I have 288 trophies

I need two more

Captain Olimar and Diskun

I know how they are emant to eb gotten, I think

Captain Olimar= Pikmin save on same memory card

Diskun = Get all 249 bonuses

My problem is with the Diskun

There are 6 bonuses I just haven't been able to get and I would really appreciate help on how to get them, and if any specific characters or elvels are required. Details descriptions would be much appreciated, as I have tried like crazy for these last 6!

They are:

1. All Ground
2. Shield Buster
3. Shattered Shield (For some reason I always get SHield Stupidity and NOT this one!)
4. Pose Breaker (What kind of hit IS needed?)
5. Ground Pounded
6. Weight Lifter

red13n
14th March 2003, 12:21 AM
(Copied directly from GameFAQs http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/super_smash_bros_melee_trophy_b.txt ; http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/super_smash_bros_melee_bonuses.txt)

(Parenthesis beginning a paragraph siginifies that it comes from me, and is not a copy/paste)
14. All Ground - Used all standard ground attacks against enemies.

This one isn't hard, you just need to remember all your ground attacks while your
simulating this. You have your weak jab (A), your A repeatedly move, your ->+A,
diagonally up/down -> + A, up+A, down+A, running + A, ->+A Smash attack, Up+A Smash
attack, Down+A Smash attack, down+B, ->+B, B, Up+B, and grab (Z) and pummel (A) plus
throw in all four directions. So, if you add that all up, that's up to 24 different
attacks. Just pick a human player as your opponent, set damage ratios to 0.5, and play
a stock match with a stock of one. Mario is a good player to be, with Bowser as your
opponent. Make a conscious effort of every attack you're doing and it'll be easy.

Shield Buster(x2500)
- Broke enemy's shield.

(Not very hard to do in my opinion, just get your opponent to shield, and then attack it. I am fairly certain you can get these bonuses through melee with human players, so it should be easy)

Shattered Shield(x-1000)
- Shield was broken by enemy.

Shield Stupidity(x-2000)
- Broke own shield.

(Ok, the difference between the two. As you know, by holding the shield button, your shield naturally depletes itself. If you were to hold onto shield, without letting go, even if your opponent isn't attacking you, your shield will break on its own. Now, if your opponent is attacking you, and you are holding down the shield, it is very likely that your shield was broken because you took a hit from the opponent, and then by you still holding down the shield button, your shield broke. Have a human toss Mr. Saturn at you while you hold the shield, if I recall, Mr. Saturn takes off a huge chunk of shield, so it should work to break it. Not positive it can be with items though, so just remember, your opponent has to be the one making the finishing blow)

Pose Breaker(x800)
- Gave a quick weak attack to a taunting opponent.

(In other words, while your opponent taunts, you stand in front of them and tap A)

Ground Pounded(500)
- Got KO'd by a damaging floor.

Weight Lifter(1500)
- Frequently held heavy items. (Over 5 seconds per minute) <Just
hold crates and barrels>

(This one explains itself, that should be all you need)

Last Exile
15th March 2003, 05:36 PM
Thanks, mate. I looked at that list and I just found 10 that weren't on the list on my game. :confused: All Variations, Mario Masher. Where'd they come from? Oh well, thanks again. This should help me a lot. ;)