PDA

View Full Version : coming out

Craig
31st March 2006, 02:27 PM
I've been struggling with it for quite a few months. I didn't know what to think... but lately i've accepted my fate. Last night I told my family that I think I'm gay, and I officially came out of the closet. My parents weren't crying or anything, they said one of my great uncles was gay.

It feels so liberating now, to know that I don't have to worry about it being a secret anymore.

I was so happy, I wanted to post this thread. Its almost like a self-birthday thread, unimportant and useless ;)

Roy Karrde
31st March 2006, 02:32 PM
Hey congrats man, that takes alot of guts to do. But yeah that takes alot of guts to do, I doubt I would ever be able to confront my parents if I was Gay. Then again I live in Texas and it is pretty much looked down upon here. Anyway really that's awesome and good luck with it.

Sceptile_Master
31st March 2006, 02:47 PM
Wow I never knew. Congratulations on that then. It's a very brave thing to do. Be proud of who you are.

mr_pikachu
31st March 2006, 03:00 PM
It must have taken a lot of courage to tell your parents that. Good for you to have the resolve to tell them rather than try to hide it extensively.

kainashi
31st March 2006, 03:13 PM
i always figured you were!

congrats, though. :)

Little_Pikachu
31st March 2006, 03:54 PM
Good for you, Craig. I never really understood the deal with having to tell your parents you're gay though, how many of you straight people in your teens felt the need to sit your parents down and tell them 'mom, dad, I have something to tell you... I'm hetrosexual.'

Anyway, nice to know your parents didn't flip out or anything.

PancaKe
31st March 2006, 04:29 PM
thats heaps cool that your parents didnt flip out.

One of my best friends is going through a thing where he thinks he's gay but he's not sure. His mum isnt a person I'd like to come out to either. He hasn't told her, but the school councilor rang her up and told her to go easier on him, because she was making his life so hard. Her response was yelling after my friend going "Why do you need to see the councilor for?! What do you have to be depressed over! Your only 17! You better not be gay, I swear" and then on follows a long string of words declaring to disown him and kick him out if he was gay.

So he's kept his problems to himself.

But you're so lucky that you have an accepting and an understanding family. I'm heaps proud that you were able to talk to them about it and they were equally as understanding. So many people cop shit off their family, so its so nice to hear a story where its' accepted. :)

I wouldn't have guessed it though :P sorry!

Sceptile_Master
31st March 2006, 04:45 PM
One of my best friends is going through a thing where he thinks he's gay but he's not sure. His mum isnt a person I'd like to come out to either. He hasn't told her, but the school councilor rang her up and told her to go easier on him, because she was making his life so hard. Her response was yelling after my friend going "Why do you need to see the councilor for?! What do you have to be depressed over! Your only 17! You better not be gay, I swear" and then on follows a long string of words declaring to disown him and kick him out if he was gay.

It's bloody idiots like his mum that are bringing the world down. That's absolutely disgraceful. Plus he can't help it if hes gay.

Blademaster
31st March 2006, 04:47 PM
Hey, way to go, Gay Guy! Congratulations to ya!

BTW, but I'm totally for gay people getting married and whatever else you wanna do - you deserve to be as unhappy as everyone else, you know! :xd:

(thinks)

...'Gay Guy...?'

lol, that'd be funny... for the Mario games, you know? A gay Shy Guy?

(envisions a Shy Guy in a rainbow-colored robe and pink shoes)

Gay Guy: Don't hate me 'cuz I'm evil, dah-ling.

:rotfl:

Magmar
31st March 2006, 04:58 PM
we should have a fun club for this or something on this forum. i'm bisexual and very open, but my parents can't know because they're racist southwillriseagain jackasses who will kill me.

Blademaster
31st March 2006, 05:01 PM
A bisexual Magmar, huh? Cool!

(has more funny thoughts of Magmar [the Pokemon] wearing spandex)

:eek::lol:

Magmar
31st March 2006, 06:26 PM
it's bad enough Magmar has an ass on top of its eyes!

But oh yeah, congrats, Craig! Feel free to IM me with any questions or anything you might have with the whole being out thing. I like being available to help!

Razola
31st March 2006, 10:34 PM
I already pretended to be gay for April Fool's, Craig.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/Razola/wonka-youlose.gif

Zak
31st March 2006, 10:42 PM
I already pretended to be gay for April Fool's, Craig.

YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR.

Actually it wasn't on April Fools that you pretended, which gives you even more of the advantage. But anyways, I have to agree, given the fact that it's obvious and the set of replies in this topic, one has to wonder whether they're all in on it or they actually believe it. Considering the former seems more likely, that's why I didn't reply earlier.

~Zak

Razola
31st March 2006, 10:54 PM
If you do it around April Fool's, it's incredibly obvious. Do it months in advance, and you might actually fool somebody.

Craig
31st March 2006, 11:03 PM
No guys im really gay..

HAHA. But serious. I posted this before I went to work and came home to 11 replies all of encouragement and shit. I laughed. Raz, I guess they say great minds think alike? You can believe me when I say none of these guys were "in" on it.

Jeff
31st March 2006, 11:08 PM
And the festivities begin :lol:.

I was going to post in this thread not realizing it was an AF gag, but hey it wasn't April Fool's Day here yet (in fact it just started here a few minutes ago)

Roy Karrde
31st March 2006, 11:12 PM
Aw Damn, I cant believe I was fooled. The idea of it being April Fools day did not even cross my mind, well fair enough, you got me Craig.

Systematic Revolution
31st March 2006, 11:18 PM
Hay Craig, way to go there buddy :rolleyes:

Real original

Magmar
1st April 2006, 06:32 AM
What a funny issue to joke about. Oh well no harm done.

Heald
1st April 2006, 06:50 AM
tl;dr

But all seriousness aside, who else saw this coming a mile off?

In other news, TPM joins about five other sites not bothering to change their front page for the April Fool's Day hilarity. Ho hum.

Little_Pikachu
1st April 2006, 08:13 AM
Since you didn't actually post this on April Fools day the joke is null and void and you are actually now gay :)

Seriously guys, it's called April Fools DAY for a reason, let's not be spamming all week.