PDA

View Full Version : I hope everyone remembered

Dark Dragonite
1st April 2006, 11:00 PM
Daylight Savings Time...I only know how it affects us in the US, but at 2am this(Sunday) morning, the clocks go ahead an hour...Spring Forward...yay, an hour less of sleep... :cool2:

Magmar
1st April 2006, 11:22 PM
an hour closer to deadlines!

Drago
2nd April 2006, 07:30 AM
Y'all crazy Yanks, always trying crazy new things. I mean, going forward in time?? Pfft, absurd!!
On a completely unrelated note, I sure hope my fellow countrymen remembered to put their clocks backwards an hour.
Would've been a week earlier, but Mr. Bracks decided that the Commonwealth Games require Victoria to defy the laws of time. I dunno about the rest of Australia...

EDIT: By this thread's current trend, if the next person who posts is a Cooltrainer, that would be mildly amusing.

Green_Pikachu
2nd April 2006, 08:29 AM
considering i'm studying abroad in Rome, i'm in the clear, because we had our daylight savings last week. mwahaha.

Little_Pikachu
2nd April 2006, 09:04 AM
In the UK we went forward last week too, the same thing happened last year though, it just happened to fall on a day where I was destined to get little sleep and have to get up early in the morning, typical.

Dark Dragonite
2nd April 2006, 09:09 AM
Well, in the US, we fall back an hour in the fall, I couldn't tell you when exactly, I usually see something on tv or online, and it reminds me, lol

Gengachu
2nd April 2006, 03:23 PM
I've never understood daylight savings time. Why lose hours during the winter to gain hours during the summer? The summer has more to begin with!

Yeah, I remembered it, though.

Little_Pikachu
2nd April 2006, 04:54 PM
It's something to do with the greedy farmers wanting to work when it's lighter or something. In the winter when it's 6am it's still pretty dark, so if they set the time back an hour when it gets to the new 6am it'll really be 7am so it'll be lighter. In the summer it goes forward so if Mr. Farmer finishes work at 5 but he still has all the day light as if it were 4. To be honest I don't think it makes that much difference and we should abolish it, the extra hour lie in in the winter is nice, but then they ruin it with the spring time one.

Green_Pikachu
2nd April 2006, 05:16 PM
amen to that, haha.

i love that extra hour in the fall, but losing that hour in the spring is just sucky. that's right. i said sucky. haha.

Starry Might
3rd April 2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah, we remembered. :notfunny:

Oh, and starting next year, Daylight Saving Time here in the U.S. will start the second Sunday of March and end the first Sunday of November.

PancaKe
4th April 2006, 08:45 AM
my clocks went backwards.
and I spent my extra hour watching sunday morning tv :)

Calaveron
4th April 2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, we remembered. :notfunny:

Oh, and starting next year, Daylight Saving Time here in the U.S. will start the second Sunday of March and end the first Sunday of November.

What the Christ, that sucks. Hope that shit stays off Mexico.