PDA

View Full Version : POLL: April Fools!

Magmar
1st April 2006, 11:31 PM
1.) Did anyone pull any pranks on you and did you fall for them?

2.) Did you pull any pranks and did the victim fall for the trick?

3.) Did you do anything interesting this April Fools?

1.) Yes, my grandma told me that there was a mouse in the house. I panicked. 'Twas funny.

2.) I told someone that I made out with one of the other Editors for the paper I copy edit, and they believed it. I began to tell this long, drawn out story of this huge editor train of mutuality and stuff... but eventually had to call an April Fools because I had run out of ideas.

3.) Yes, I spent it in the emergency room for much of they day! Anaphylactic shock is not fun let me assure you. Neither are needles, epi-stuff, throat cultures or bloodwork!

mr_pikachu
1st April 2006, 11:42 PM
1. Did anyone pull any pranks on you and did you fall for them?

Well, Craig said that he was gay. Does that count, even though it wasn't April Fools yet where I live? (Needless to say, the date was why I didn't think to question it.) And I also thought there might have been some sort of joke episode in Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig, when it was really just Adult Swim adding fart noises to all the different anime today.

2. Did you pull any pranks and did the victim fall for the trick?

No, not really. I'm boring that way.

3. Did you do anything interesting this April Fools?

Well, I played in a Pokemon TCG tourney, and then I was on TPM for the rest of the day. So, nothing interesting.

The_Missing_Link
1st April 2006, 11:57 PM
I fell for Craig's, mostly because he decided to do it a day before the 1st and he lives in Canada so I had no reason to suspect anything. And I hated Adult Swim's little fart game. It wasn't a prank and it wasn't funny

2) I don't think I ever pulled a prank on anyone in my life. I'm not creative in that sense

3) Nope. Watched "Castle in the Sky" and read a chapter from my Criminal Procedure book but that's about it

Dark-San
2nd April 2006, 05:39 AM

[b][size=3] 1) Yes, I went to my regular bit torrent site and they show up an FBI warning page. It was something like the service provided here is illegal and we have been logged on. The page even indicated our ip and country in which we are in.

I did fall for it and start to panic for a moment. However after doing a random check, I found out that the FBI logo was a fake one. Furthermore, the ip address indicated at the page was also wrong. Darn you dudes should have seen me, I looked so stupid in front of my computer then.

2) Nope, I am a good boy. I don't pull pranks on people.

3) I went manga and computer hardware shopping. The computer which I am currently using now is a bit old and it would need some upgrade especially since I am still using USB 1.1 even though Version 2 was out quite sometime ago. As for the manga shopping, there was a closing down sale and I just merely went there to sweep any manga I favoured off the shelves.

Lady Vulpix
2nd April 2006, 08:52 AM
1) No, but I had a laugh at a few websites, like Slashdot and Neopets, and especially OpenOffice.org.
2) No, I don't do that.
3) Well, I did make all my posts Royalblue/Magenta during that day. And hired a new DT worker. :)

Number1ChanseyFan
2nd April 2006, 09:55 AM
[color=magenta]1.) Did anyone pull any pranks on you and did you fall for them?
Nope.

Yes, just look in the Misc. forum. Obviously a lot of people fell for it, because I lost my Pokémon Hangman worker status as well as my Advanced Generation mod spot. It turned out to be a really stupid thing though, and I shouldn't have done it. I am very sorry about what I did, and I just hope that I can fix everything now...

*Points at Question 2's answer.*

Roy Karrde
2nd April 2006, 08:06 PM
Little Pikachu started off the morning by demodding Tsukasa and Bulbasaur4, and then made the Forum disapeared when I started asking about it. Yeah I fell for it pretty easily.

I called up my mom while she was at the mall and made her think that I had just been in a automobile crash. She freaked pretty badly and is still getting on to me about it today.

Got Modded, that's about it.

Weasel Overlord
3rd April 2006, 04:11 AM
[color=thistle]1.) Did anyone pull any pranks on you and did you fall for them?

Yes! >< Vul told me that weasels were being killed off in Britain because they were spreading disease to endangered badgers.. .and I totally fell for it! ^^;;

Oh, I guess I also fell for LP's disappearing RPG board trick...which had about six of us panicking in case all or RPG's were gone...

No...I didn't see anyone that day ><

Um...I watched RPG disappear, be replaced by an empty board, then appear again...so no, not really.

SupremeChampion
11th April 2006, 09:34 PM

[i]1.) nah, no one tried to pull anything on me
2.) i was thinking about telling my mom that i got this 17 year old i know pregnant, but i figured that if she only got mildly annoyed at me for telling her i got into a car accident last year, she would kill me for that.
3.) well, i did go bowling and i did pretty well actually.

~The Italian Stallion

homeofmew
12th April 2006, 06:59 PM
no

no
no

nothing intresting happened to me :O!

PancaKe
13th April 2006, 09:54 PM
1. I guess craigs "im gay" thread was something i fell for. But due to it being april 2nd when I replied, thanks to time differences, I didn't even notice. It sucsk too - I was heaps serious about my friends and the stories I shared :(

2. No I completley forgot it was april fools.

3. Yeah. I went and waited in line 7 hours for my favourite band. Funeral for a friend <3

Systematic Revolution
23rd April 2006, 08:05 PM

Gee this place is brimming with polls.

1. No one pulled any on me this year.

2. I killed my friend Danny and then called his parents and told them he was alive and hung up LOL.

3. See above.

Drago
24th April 2006, 07:55 PM
A while ago, but regardless, a lotta the nothing. About the only people I hang out with who try and pull tricks on me nowadays are the residents of Überg. ...Somehow, Animal Crossing pranks just don't have that same zing as actual ones.

I'm fairly sure I told a friend that something was on television that wasn't. In retrospect, that wasn't a prank, but a filthy lie. April Lies Day!!

I never do anything interesting any day. About the only interesting thing I did was stay more alert to see if anyone actually would try and pull a prank on me. I was... disappointed.

EDIT: April 24th, yo.