PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Post...

Dark Dragonite
2nd April 2006, 03:54 PM
I don't want this to be a flame war...I was just wondering what people thought were the best April Fool's Jokes played at TPM, and what were the worst...

I think the whacky colors, and messed up forums was pretty good, but then again, it was years ago, when it first started...while I think some of the worst were pretending to be gay...or leaving...screwing with too many emotions...and hurting people who are gay, like fp

Lady Vulpix
2nd April 2006, 03:55 PM
Well, I did like the Digimasters, if anyone happens to remember that.

mr_pikachu
2nd April 2006, 04:01 PM
The three-forum merger caught me way off-guard a couple of years ago. (Of course, I'm always unprepared for it, because I rarely pay attention to what day of the month it is.)

Roy Karrde
2nd April 2006, 04:03 PM
I'm torn when it comes to best, between Digimasters for just the sheer creativity of it, and the deletion of the RPG Forum yesterday for the shock factor. Both were great even though Tsuki wont admit he liked the RPG Forum one. As for the worst, I have to say all the I'm Gay topics that seem to pop up, possibly becuase I am just too much of a sucker to believe it.

Green_Pikachu
2nd April 2006, 05:15 PM
i've been here since the beginning, and i have a terrible memory. the digimasters thing sorta sounds familiar. but i agree with what everyone has been saying about the "coming out" topics.

i actually completely forgot about "april fool's day" yesterday. probably because im not in america. i don't think italians really care about april 1st. it has no significance to them.

RaZoR LeAf
2nd April 2006, 05:22 PM
Didn't even notice the RPG Forum going AWOL. I did like it when the forum was hacked, all the mods were swapped around, and PCG was made a Spam forum with bright flashing pinks and yellows. I remember Digimasters pretty well, mostly for Onix11's banner featuring Veemon one day, then an Electabuzz in costume the next.

Andrew
2nd April 2006, 05:54 PM
I remember the raining spam. Prettyness.

Shazza and cool daddy's reign of power on Pokemon Anime

Digimasters was awesome. My merger was so/so... Uhm... what else. I didn't think much of the gay topic to be honest.

Craig
2nd April 2006, 06:11 PM
You guys are just angry, because you fell for it!

I don't remember what my favourite TPM Joke was, because they were all pretty obvious. Although having the RPG forum disappear sounds like a pretty good one. I didn't notice it, as I ... don't post there.

Zak
2nd April 2006, 06:32 PM
Digimasters >

Roy Karrde
2nd April 2006, 06:32 PM
The deletion of the RPG Forum and the creation of the RPG Version 2 Forum, only lasted about two or so hours. So I can understand how alot of people missed it, yet during those two hours, it freaked alot of people out.

Magmar
2nd April 2006, 08:05 PM
Like Weasel Overlord, hehe! :P

The gay topic was very juvenile. I wasn't offended, but I did actually come out to my grandparents (who I live with) today. They were very understanding and respectful of my decision and didn't seem to care too much. I'm so glad about that! *phew* I just don't see how it's funny to pretend to be gay and then be like "OMG LOLZ APRIL FOOLZZZ1!!1" because, well... joking about that just isn't funny, regardless if you fall for it or not.

Dark-San
2nd April 2006, 11:06 PM
The deletion of the RPG Forum and the creation of the RPG Version 2 Forum, only lasted about two or so hours. So I can understand how alot of people missed it, yet during those two hours, it freaked alot of people out.

[b][size=3] Yea and it all happen when I was in bed. -_-"

Not like I care but it would be fun to see how other members had responded.

The gay topic was alright, afterall people fell for it right?

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd April 2006, 08:05 AM
Well, DigiMasters and the three-way forum merger were the best ones IMO. I didn't get to see the RPG thing that happened this year though.

After what happened to me here at TPM as a result of my April Fools Day joke, I don't like April Fools Day very much now...

Jeff
3rd April 2006, 02:33 PM
The fake database error kept me from getting on all day last year (I can't belive I missed the scrollbar), The Digimasters one was probably the best though, just because of all the work that probably went into it compared to some of the other ones.

Zak
4th April 2006, 12:16 AM
[b][size=3]The gay topic was alright, afterall people fell for it right?

You'd have to be pretty retarded to fall for it on that day. As soon as I started reading the topic, it amazed me how many people fell for it, though I can sort of understand where Magmar's coming from about it not being a laughing matter to him.

The only reasons I waited until after Raz's comment about it to say something were because given the fact that there were like already nine replies who seemed to be taking it seriously, I'd have thought somebody would know by the fourth reply, so I seriously thought I wasn't supposed to say anything. rofl

~Zak

Dark-San
4th April 2006, 07:03 AM
You'd have to be pretty retarded to fall for it on that day.

[b][size=3] Nah, I didn't fall for it.

It had already raked up to 7 to 8 posts when I checked on the forums.

It isn't nice to call people retard when especially people are willingly to accept other's sexuality.

Zak
4th April 2006, 10:16 PM
[b][size=3]It isn't nice to call people retard when especially people are willingly to accept other's sexuality.

That's not my point. There's a difference if they "come out" on April 1st.

Look at it this way, if someone posted about a fake death on April first, which was screaming "prank" at you, there may be a select amount of people who'd fall for it. But of course, they would look stupid to the rest of them, and they'd probably laugh. Would you say "it isn't nice to laugh at people especially who are willing to express sympathy?" :rolleyes:

PancaKe
5th April 2006, 08:36 AM
the thing that sucks is that I didnt see the joke in the april fools topic, because when i replied april fools day was long gone (like by a day). Because Australia is so 1337 and is ahead of all you guys.

Best was definetly the digimasters, and the OMG TPM WAS HACKED one.
I fell for the tpm was hacked one.
What a nieve child.

Dark Scizor
5th April 2006, 12:49 PM
Digimasters was good. The Merger caught me off guard, I figured it out after a minute or two though.

Didn't see it this year. I was too busy doing other things.

midnightangel
9th April 2006, 02:30 PM
The DigiMasters was pretty funny...I fell for it for about a minute and had a good laugh about it later.
The three-way merger was a pretty good one too.

The bright colored one was pretty lame (and hard on the eyes)

I wasn't here for the fake database error one because I was gone all day doing something else (as always :P) but I bet I'd be an idiot and fall for that one too.

Wasn't here for the prank from this year either because I was in the ER with an IV in my arm getting fluids and medicine to keep me from throwing up. Ehhhh....
And that was no joke

homeofmew
12th April 2006, 07:00 PM
DigiMasters anmd the Spam flashy thing I remember
the whole tpom merged with other people was a pain too.

Vejodi
23rd September 2006, 11:16 PM
April Fools on TPM was some of the best memories I've had on it. I remember waking up in 2001 to see the Digimasters transformation. The posts and complains about the change were priceless. But, I still like the 2002 joke the best, when the forum was 'hacked'.

Lovely, lovely times. :)

RedStarWarrior
24th September 2006, 10:08 PM
Please do not bump extremely old posts. This is your warning.