PDA

View Full Version : Calling all creative people who have at least a marginal knowledge of chemistry!

Phoenixsong
3rd April 2006, 08:33 PM
Howdy-do there, folks. Listen, I need a hand coming up with some original Pokemon for a fanfic that I plan to write. The catch is, they need to be based off of the Periodic Table of the Elements. Yes, that's right. At least 112 Pokemon based on something you learned in science class and promptly proceded to forget because you probably don't care. They're going to be part of a fic about manmade Pokemon, controversy and some possible deadly chemical meltdowns. I would do this myself, but I've only been able to think of a total of four Pokemon so far. That leaves at least 108 left to go, and I'm having a real writer's block/brain fart over it. Yay me.

I know this buries the needle on the weirdness scale, but I also know that TPM is home to some very creative and intelligent people who could come up with something like this. The requirements/restrictions are as follows:

1. The Pokemon must be based on one (only ONE!) element of the periodic table. Now, what this means is that you can make up a Pokemon based on cesium or curium or something, but NOT one based on both. And when I say based on, I mean that most of its qualities/attacks/abilities/whatever have to do with the properties of that element. So, as a simplified example, a Pokemon based on a highly combustible element like francium would be a Fire-type and probably prone to exploding. Go into a bit more detail than that if you can, though. (You can look the properties up on millions of different sciencey-website-things out there if you don't know... but I'm sure that all of you Nobel laureates already have 'em all memorized. :wink:)

2. Just because the Pokemon can only be based on one element doesn't mean it can't be more than one type, and doesn't necessarily mean that its type/types can't be a little different than the properties. After all, if they were all single-type and based purely on their one element, the entire thing would consist of Poison, Ground, Rock, Steel and Fire and almost nothing else. Get creative; this generation desperately needs some Grass-types, Ice-types, etc... but attaching the type does have to make some sort of MARGINAL sense. Please don't give me a 'mon based off of the gas krypton, label it as a Grass-type and when I ask you how on earth that could be possible you say "Just because you asked for a Grass-type. I don't know what plants have to do with krypton." I'm trying to use plausible, believeable and marginally threatening Pokemon, so they do need to make some sense.

3. Evolution lines are okay. Just don't let any of the Pokemon have the qualities of two elements and, preferably, don't let them change into another element entirely as they evolve (unless you know for a fact that the one element can change/decay/whatever into a different one). In other words and in most cases, then, if a Pokemon based on carbon evolves, it evolves into another Pokemon based on carbon.

4. You can make up abilities and movelists if you need/want to, but again, they should make sense.

5. These entries should be serious. Although it is physically impossible for me to write a story without funny stuff in it, this story is not a comedy; it will actually get fairly dark at times. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't make them all bloodthirsty, murderous savages, but even that is preferable to stupid, immature joke submissions. I'm trying to write a good story with these things. If you do submit a joking/mocking Pokemon, then chances are I'll ignore you, or else totally warp your idea into something else that fits my needs.

...There was more I wanted to say, but I forget it and so I'll just amend this after it all comes to me. Most importantly, though, be creative with this and have fun. It's a serious idea for a fanfic and not a secret plot to make you relearn high school chemistry (or is it?), and I'm having some real creative trouble with it and need a helpful shove in the right direction. And, of course, if I use your Pokemon in my fic (with your express permission), I will give you full creative credit for it... or partial credit if I changed or only used bits of your idea. If you created it, it's your Pokemon and I won't rip it off.

To show you what I mean, here are the only four I've been able to come up with:

Name: Litthen
Element: Lithium
Species: Blast Kitten
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Height: 1’4”
Weight: 8 lbs.
Evolution: Basic starter Pokémon
Description: A small, cute creature, very much like a Persian kitten (the real cat, like the one on the Fancy Feast commercials, and not the Pokémon Persian) with very soft and smooth silvery-with-red-streaks fur. It breathes very hot flames in sporadic bursts because it's so young, and has sharp claws, meaning that it learns moves like Scratch and Ember and later Slash and Flamethrower. It is also prone to bursting explosively into flame when startled or agitated.
Pokédex entry: Soft and cuddly, Litthen’s silver fur seems as though it would make the perfect companion for a small child. However, it is prone to combusting without warning, meaning that inexperienced trainers should take care with it.

Name: Lithma
Species: Blast Lion
Height: 3’0”
Weight: 96 lbs.
Evolution: from Litthen at level 16
Description: A silver-with-red-stripes mountain lion that still has Litthen's soft, luxurious fur and is still prone to combusting without warning. It is much more independent than Litthen and is a fiercer fighter when defending its territory.
Pokédex entry: The lithe and aggressive Lithma, while still slightly unsure of how to handle its explosive power, makes a very loyal companion. If there were a way to keep it from exploding, Lithma fur would make quite an exquisite coat.

Name: Lithger
Species: Blast Liger
Height: 4’7”
Weight: 436 lbs.
Evolution: from Lithma at level 34
Description: Lithger is large with tiger-like stripes (in the usual red-on-silver scheme) and a tufted lion's tail. Its control of its explosive abilities has increased vastly, and the pinkish-gold flames it breathes can cause painful chemical burns as well as heat burns.
Pokédex entry: Lithger has finally mastered its ability to spontaneously combust, meaning that it is quite safe to be around as long as it is calm. However, this more focused and better-controlled ability causes a much more painful explosion when Lithger is battling. Its pinkish-gold flames are beautiful, but cause very nasty burns.

Name: Natreon
Element: Sodium
Species: Caustic
Type: Fire/Poison
Ability: Brand (When the Pokémon with Brand attacks its opponents with a Fire-type attack that has a chance of causing a Burn condition, that attack has a 30% higher chance of inflicting that Burn condition.)
Height: 2’7”
Weight: 82 lbs.
Evolution: from Eevee after Natron Injection
Description: Natreon is stocky and built like a French bulldog but with a slightly longer neck and a longer, foxier face. It is an elegant off-white color with a sparkling, silver mane that encircles its neck and runs down its back, finally becoming its long tail. It can shake this mane to release toxic, flammable particles that inflict horrible chemical burns on contact. Natreon can only be obtained by taking an Eevee to a registered and certified laboratory and giving it a slightly risky injection of almost-pure sodium.
Pokédex entry: Eevee’s sensitivity to all sorts of stimuli lead scientists to discover Natreon. The injection needed to create a Natreon must be given with caution and by trained and licensed scientists, but many back-alley quacks have begun giving the injections in order to rake in money. The results of a botched injection can be disastrous for the Eevee, its trainer, and even the ersatz doctor.

...And yes, before you get all confused or angry, I DID make up the ability Brand. I also made Poison, Electric and Ice-type equivalents in Malignance, Super Volt and Icy Touch.

...Well, there you have it. That's more or less what I'm looking for. I know this seems like a very strange, somewhat daunting task that requires too much thinking and possible research to really be about a video game fanfic, but I'd really like to pursue this story idea and need serious help. Submit any ideas you like, although I could really use help on the Grass and Water starters to go along with adorable little Litthen.

Remember that I will give you all due credit if I use your Pokemon, and thanks in advance, all!... that is, if the pure weirdness of this topic doesn't scare everyone away first...

Blademaster
3rd April 2006, 10:40 PM
Cool idea, Phoenix! Count me in! :yes:

Let's see...

Name: Banshenon
Type: Ghost
Species: Leech
Height: 2'3"
Weight: 38 lbs.
Element: Xenon
Evolution: None
Image: A glowing blue-yellow ball of gas with a 'scary face (kinda like Gastly's)' and rings of plasma running around it three ways (like that thing that astronauts train in).
Pokedex Entry: Commonly found floating around neon signs at night, it saps electrical energy from the signs, often resulting in mild power outages. Though normally a fearless Ghost-type, it is not at all fond of water...

Name: Mermes
Type: Water
Species: Myth
Height: 1'2"
Weight: 24 lbs.
Element: Mercury
Evolution: Basic
Image: A sky-blue fish with stubby forearms, green ridges on its midsection, and seaweed-like hair. Quite feminine-looking.
Pokedex Entry: Created when a myriad of aquatic DNA was genetically force-fused with mercury. It is believed to contain trace amounts of unstable human DNA...

Name: Hypatherm
Type: Water
Species: Liquid
Height: 2'6"
Weight: 65 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves from Mermes at Level 16
Image: An icy-blue fish with human forearms, long seaweed hair, and sharklike fins on the back. Still feminine-looking, but much more fierce.
Pokedex Entry: The mercury in its blood makes its body highly unstable. Can melt into a currently unidentified substance when alarmed.

Name: Thermaid
Type: Water/Steel
Species: Oceanic
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves from Hypatherm at Level 32
Image: A silver fish with an amazingly human-looking upper body, clam-shaped patterns over its chest and shoulders, and kelp-like hair. Looks almost like a true mermaid, but... not quite.
Pokedex Entry: Maximum evolution has synchronized its mind and body, perfecting its liquifying powers. Prefers to be in its liquid form more than in its solid form.

I'm too tired to think of any others, but when I come back, I'll have some more.

-Blade

EDIT: Mermes was meant to be the Water starter, by the way, but if it doesn't make the cut...

Oh, well...

EDIT 2: I personally liked the name 'Lithger' better, if that helps or matters. :confused:

Phoenixsong
4th April 2006, 12:37 AM
Dude... Water starters! I think I officially love you, Blade. The creation of Mermes and such even fits well with the way most of the other Elementals (as they're called) were manufactured. I was thinking more along the lines of hydrogen for the water starters, but your idea works way better. Always wanted a Water/Steel type... and Banshenon works quite well, too. Me likee much!

I know this is only the first reply, but I actually wasn't sure how well anyone would warm up to the idea... a cohesive reply makes me feel special inside.

Hmm... I guess Lithger is sort of better. It's what I keep wanting to say, even though I came up with the name Lithera first. I had a reason for preferring Lithera, but as usual I have completely forgotten it. Oh, well.

Tankee-tankee, Blade! Every little helps, 'cause this is darn hard for me to do alone!

mr_pikachu
4th April 2006, 10:09 AM
Hey, this looks fun! I'm always up for helping a fanficcer with research. :)

~~~~~

Note: Astatine can be produced by bombarding bismuth with energetic alpha particles to obtain the relatively long-lived At209-211, which can be distilled from the target by heating in air. This explains the change in element due to the evolution.

Name: Muthibiode
Element: Bismuth
Type: Steel/Normal
Ability: Volt Absorb
Evolution: Basic Pokemon
Description: A small, silver Pokemon, shaped much like a rabbit with small cones atop its head for ears. It moves around quickly on its miniscule three-toed feet. Its entire body is metallic, and it stands at about 1' tall and long.
Pokedex entry: Muthibiode's entire body is metallic, but it is remarkably strong against electricity. Muthibiode angrily attacks any moving object that it sees and attempts to devour it. It is unknown whether Muthibiode possesses any internal organs, as no one dares approach it to find out.

Note: Bismuth has a high electrical resistance and the highest Hall effect of any metal (i.e., greatest increase in electrical resistance when placed in a magnetic field). This explains the ability of Volt Absorb. It is also a brittle metal, which explains the 4x weakness to Fighting moves that Muthibiode possesses.

Name: Astralitine
Element: Astatine
Type: Steel/Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb
Evolution: Evolves from Muthibiode
Description: A shining, wolverine-like beast. Standing at about 3' 6" high and 6' long, its larger form allows it to move far quicker toward prey.
Pokedex entry: Muthibiode evolved into Astralitine when it was struck by lightning. It used the immense energy to strengthen itself, and can now produce electrical energy by running at speeds approaching Mach 2. This Pokemon's strength is determined by the strength of the lightning bolt that struck it.

Note: Astatine is a halogen, which explains the Electric type being added.

By the way, I found a periodic table (http://periodic.lanl.gov/default.htm) that might be helpful to other people who want to contribute. Each element has a link to more information about that element.

Phoenixsong
4th April 2006, 02:10 PM
Oh, yay, another assistant willing to risk life and limb performing dangerous creation experiments for Rutherford Inc.! Mwahahahaha!

... Right.

Anyway, those are perfect, mr. pikachu! You've got the idea of making these things plausible down to a T. But what do you mean, no one dares to get near it? That website is really helpful, too. In fact, it inspired four more Elementals- including the formerly-thought-to-be-impossible-to-create Grass starter line... with a ton of artistic/scientific license! Yay!

First, the more logical one:

Name: Elektonne
Element: Tungsten
Species: Illumine
Type: Electric/Dragon
Ability: Super Volt (When the Pokémon with Super Volt attacks its opponents with an Electric-type attack that has a chance of causing a Paralyze condition, that attack has a 30% higher chance of inflicting that Paralyze condition.)
Height: 16’11”
Weight: 3,684 lbs.
Description: A massive, almost golem-like dragon that is pale gold with light gray extremities, Elektonne is incredibly powerful and incredibly heavy. Its slender, underslung jaw can crush even rock and steel effortlessly. Its batlike wings are large and powerful enough to carry even its immense weight, but Elektonne doesn’t like flying much higher than about a mile above sea level; it becomes considerably weakened at high altitudes. It gives off a yellowish-white glow, especially from its eyes.
Pokédex entry: The manmade Elektonne is currently the heaviest Pokémon known to man, beating out even Groudon and the accidentally-created glitch Missingno. (weighing in at just over 3507 pounds). It much prefers low altitudes to the open sky, and so doesn’t get much use out of its powerful wings. Elektonne’s glowing body makes it a useful companion when lost in the dark.

...Missingno. does actually weigh 3507.2 pounds. I forget how I did it, but there is a way to see his Pokedex entry right after you catch him in Red/Blue, and it said he was 10'0" and 3507.2 pounds. Weird. I know the height/weight of the 'M block thing, too.

And then, the Grass starters! Hooray, me!

...First, I should probably explain something. The two elements that this line works with, lead and arsenic, have absolutely nothing to do with plants themselves. However, Grass-types are very difficult to create using just what's given on the periodic table, which is, as I said earlier, heavy on "Poison, Ground, Rock, Steel and Fire types" and nothing else. Therefore, I have no choice but to jump on any reference to plants at all in order to get a decent number of Grass-types. It so happens that the wondiferous website mr. pikachu gave a link to says that lead arsenate is used in agricultural insecticides. And since real scientists actually are working on breeding tomatoes and stuff that have their own pesticides inside, I figured that some plant Pokemon that make their own insecticides--make their own lead arsenate--would work well enough. So, here they are...

Name: Plumolis
Element: Lead
Species: Poison Plant
Type: Grass/Poison
Ability: Overgrow
Height: 2’0”
Weight: 16 lbs.
Description: Plumolis is round and chubby. This fat little lizard’s scales are a dull, greenish-gray; its belly, however, is a vibrant, deep purple. It may be a Grass-type, but Plumolis (and its evolutions) contains such a high concentration of heavy metals in its leaves, tail and body that it is highly toxic.
Pokédex entry: Plumolis is chubby and cute with a bright purple belly. It looks absolutely delicious to most Pokémon, both herbivorous and carnivorous, and they enjoy the fruity taste of its tail and leaves; however, Plumolis’s body contains a high level of lead, making it very poisonous.

Name: Asguana
Element: Arsenic
Height: 4’0”
Weight: 59 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves from Plumolis at level 16
Description: Asguana’s long, sinuous body is still covered with tasty, fruity leaves, but it is just as toxic as its previous stage, Plumolis. It, too, is dull green, but its belly is now a vibrant red, and instead of Plumolis’s stubby legs and short fingers it has long legs and sharp talons. It stalks along the ground and in trees like a large monitor lizard.
Pokédex entry: Asguana’s delicious leaves and tail contain a different but still dangerous toxin. The bright red of its belly, which contrasts greatly with its dull skin, serves to scare away predators as well as attract Asguanas of the opposite sex.

Name: Le’arzard
Element: the compound lead arsenate
Height: 7’9”
Weight: 342 lbs.
Evolution: from Asguana at level 36
Description: Le’arzard’s scales are slightly brighter than Asguana’s, and also have a light yellowish tint. It has the same long legs, talons and red stomach as its predecessor. The delicious-looking leaves ring its neck like a sort of mane, and its tail also carries two leaf “fins”. Smaller eyes and sharp, jutting fangs make Le’arzard look much more threatening and aggressive as well.
Pokédex entry: Most Pokémon are no longer tempted to eat bits of Le’arzard as they are Plumolis and Asguana; they are more worried that this venomous monitor will eat them. Its keen senses, great strength and surprising agility, together with its poisonous attacks, make it a dangerous and efficient predator.

Note: Lead cannot turn into arsenic, so normally Plumolis’s evolution would seem illogical. However, the goal for the Plumolis line was to create a final stage that actually had the properties of the pesticide compound lead arsenate. Plumolis started out being composed of more lead than anything else, but during Asguana’s development it was deemed necessary to use more arsenic than lead; Asguana’s body does still contain trace amounts of lead, however. With the creation of Le’arzard, the right mix of lead and arsenic was achieved, perfecting the reptiles’ protective pesticide.

There we go... whee, this is working out better than I thought it would!

mr_pikachu
4th April 2006, 02:43 PM
Ah, sorry about that. I added a bit to Muthibiode's Pokedex entry that I forgot to mention earlier. (I figure it must not be fun being an entirely metal being, so that's your explanation for why it's so furious.)

Blademaster
4th April 2006, 02:48 PM
I think I officially love you, Blade. The creation of Mermes and such even fits well with the way most of the other Elementals (as they're called) were manufactured. I was thinking more along the lines of hydrogen for the water starters, but your idea works way better.

(blushes very hard)

Aw, well, thank you, Phoenix (My girl friend is gonna have my head on a pike for this... :sweat2:). Always happy to help. :yes:

And hydrogen did cross my mind as a Water possibility, but hydrogen is extremely combustible, so when against a normally-weak Fire-type... You see where I'm going here... :eek::mad2:

Name: Novatohg
Element: Hydrogen
Species: Charge
Height: 2'11"
Weight: 119 lbs.
Description: A red-orange teardrop-shaped pig with two pointy ears, a stub of a tail, 4 stubby legs, beady eyes, and a pig's snout.
Pokedex Entry: A barnyard animal that developed powers over fire when bombarded by cosmic raditaion in a lab. Its internal temperature increases as it gets older.

Name: Tuskanova
Element: Helium
Species: Berserk
Height: 3'6"
Weight: 275 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves from Novatohg at Level 24
Description: A pig shaped like a golden-white cartoon flame, with flat claws for toes, folded ears, angry red eyes, and sharp tusks pointing upward from its lower jaw. Has a golden-pink ring of energy through its nose and a curly tail resembling a bomb fuse.
Pokedex Entry: After Novatohg's internal temperature reaches 10,000*F, it metamorphoses into Tuskanova. Its intense body temperature causes it to be in a constant frenzy, attacking anyone and anything that it doesn't recognize.

Name: Miadomboar
Element: Carbon
Type: Fire/Rock
Species: Resistance
Height: 4'5"
Weight: 2, 498 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves from Tuskanova at Level 48
Description: A coal-black pig with shiny black plates over its head, back, and neck. Its legs are stone-grey, and its tail resembles a cut diamond necklace. Has stiff, pointed ears and glassy eyes, as well as a stark-white snout.
Pokedex Entry: When the time comes for it to evolve, it seeks an area of intense heat and pressure and stays there until it has been forced into a body as strong as titanium. It is cool and dense, so it chooses not to fight whenever possible.

Phoenixsong
4th April 2006, 03:49 PM
Yay! Um... yeah, if I may make a minor suggestion? All of the Elementals were created in a lab. Now, it is entirely possible that they misunderstood or underestimated something about an experiment and then an accident or external stimulus changed the Pokemon unexpectedly, but generally the basics should all be directly man-made.

Mwahaha... fire-pigs. Now there're Pokemon to turn people into crispy bacon as well as Pokemon to turn people into Kentucky Fried Chicken (Torchic line). I shall now proceed with the copying and the pasting of the firepigs of doom into a file for later reference.

Blademaster
4th April 2006, 05:07 PM
There! All fixed!

Magmar
4th April 2006, 07:32 PM
The Barryizzle is an ex-Chem major, he knows a lot about chemistry :)

Okay!

Name: Luminain
Element: Radon
Type: Psychic/Poison
Height: ????
Weight: ????
Species: Cloud
Description: Luminain has no definitive shape, size, color or odor. In order to detect Luminain, special sensors must be installed in the area. Luminain are known to flourish in house basements. With the use of the Silph Scope, one can identify Luminain as a patch of heat. The disadvantage is that Luminain is naturally very weak and has low defense, but can use a variety of special techniques to manipulate its opponents. Luminain has been known to cause illness in humans.
Pokedex: When windows are left closed for a long time, LUMINAIN are known to appear in rooms.
Techniques: Poison Gas, Smog, Confusion, Psywave, Psybeam, Double Team, Psychic, Toxic, Sludge, Whirlwind.

The Blue Avenger
4th April 2006, 07:56 PM
Name: Surrunun
Element: Ununbium
Type: ? ? ? (like the attack Curse) until level 30, Normal/Ghost afterwards
Appearance: A hunchbacked skeleton, roughly human-shaped, with sharp claws and a cow's skull for a head. It has three faint rings circling it vertically.
Height: 2.0 ft
Weight: 23.8 lbs
Pokedex: Due to its volatile nature, it is constantly changing shape. However, its rings stay the same no matter what form it's in.
Species: Shifting
Notes: Until level 30, Surrunun is forced to Transform at the beginning of every battle.
Moves: Transform, Curse, Mimic, Hidden Power, Nature Power, Secret Power, Bone Club, Bonemerang, Bone Rush, Metronome, etc.

Ununbium is such a cool element. ^^

Phoenixsong
4th April 2006, 08:32 PM
Ooh, yay! I didn't think anyone would be brave enough to try the Unununununun-thing elements, I really like this one! And Luminain is awesome, too; normally, I'd be a little leery about something so "unreal" and what have you, but I just got an awesome idea for the fic... oh, JOY. Thaaaaaank you, sweet inspiration, thy name is Magmar!

By the way, I just thought I'd do a quick permission check. All these Pokemon so far, with the obvious exceptions of all the ones I put up, belong to you guys. So do I have permission to use them in the fic? I mean, I don't mind if you'd rather I didn't. This could just as easily be another "create your own _________ just for the heck of it" topic. It's just that your ideas are all soooo cool, and "The Elementals" would be so awesome with them all...

The Blue Avenger
4th April 2006, 08:39 PM
I don't mind at all. ^^

SoulflameNinetales
4th April 2006, 09:51 PM
I might have a try at this...

Name: Jalfluo
Element: Fluorine
Type: Posion/Electric
Species: Jackal
Ability: Shadow Tag
Height: 2' 6''
Weight: 57 lbs
Description: Jalfluo are a pale yellow in colouration, they have long fur which is often stuck out at crazy angles. Thier tail fur in contrast is a dark purplish colour, very thickly furred and the fur there is actually always flat unless it is doing an electrical attack. They are scavangers and pack hunters and they are hardy creatures about to live in almost any terrain. Due to thier reactive body chemistry, they age quickly to a point, reaching the human equivalent of 45 years old, in just under 3 years. After that they age suprising slowly. Wild ones rarely live for 4 years, but if bred in captivity they can live for over 10 times that. Thier saliva is highly poisonous and corrovise.
Notes: Jalfluo bond well with other pokemon and thier trainers and specialise in working as a team. In battle they prefer paralyzing or poisoning thier foes then direct confirmation. However they can be often even more fiercely loyal than Arcanine, which makes them difficult to train. And if they are not loyal to anyone, they're moody to the extreme.
Attacks: Helping Hand, Smog, Smokescreen, Thunder Wave, Poison Gas, Growl, Bite, Sludge, Thunderbolt, Zap Cannon, Baton Pass, Howl, Agility, Acid, Toxic.
Entry: Not sure of one yet, i get back to you on that one

I hope thats a good one, its hard work making these up, especially finding characteristics in a living thing that will match the characteristics of an element :cool2:

Phoenixsong
5th April 2006, 10:01 AM
No, no, that's great! Exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for! And I like jackals, too... whee.

Blademaster
5th April 2006, 03:49 PM
By the way, I just thought I'd do a quick permission check. All these Pokemon so far, with the obvious exceptions of all the ones I put up, belong to you guys. So do I have permission to use them in the fic?

Oh, please do! I'd so love to see the Mermes line in a story, and Novatohg and Banshenon deserve some attention, too!

...Don't you think?

SoulflameNinetales
7th April 2006, 12:35 AM
Hmmm...had another good idea in my head...maybe i should put that down too.

And yes, its fine to use my ideas, after all i did create it with the idea that it would be used in a story or something :D

Name: Connitril
Element: Nitrogen
Type: Ice/Grass
Species: Pine Squerril
Ability: Chlorophyll
Height: 0' 7''
Weight: 15 lbs
Description: Connitril somewhat resemble small dark green squerrils in nature, however a close inspection reveils that its fur is actually pine nettles rather than actual fur and its blood is actually more closely related to the sap found in pine trees. It is a superb tree climber and is extremely fast, able to zip around and avoid most attacks. Deals with heat poorly, unable to survive when the temperature heats up beyond 25*C for any longer than a few days. However, it is able to live without food, by absorbing sunlight with its "fur". Study has shown that Connitril can survive tempatures lower then -80*C and are remarkably intelligent for thier size. Fave Diet is pinecones and they will often attack pinecos as well, when hungrey. Thier bodies contain a high amount of nitrogen and nitrogen compounds.
Notes: They are very timid, and tend to hide from potential preditors, however they are extremely curious creatures, often dropping down to raid supplies and people backpacks. (This design is more based on one particular unusual property of nitrogen in its liquid state)
Attacks: Barrage, Pound, Double Team, Absorb, Razor Leaf, Pin Missile, Fury Attack, Powder Snow, Ice Beam, Solarbeam
Entry: This pokemon is considered to have the best blend of animal and plant DNA to take avantage of cold climates. However it cannot stand the heat that flows from even a small heater.
Evolution: Evolves into Conpoctro by use of Sun Stone, no longer learns moves from unenvolved form.

Name: Conpoctro
Element: Nitrogen
Type: Ice/Grass
Species: Porcupine
Ability: Rough Skin
Height: 3' 4''
Weight: 120 lbs
Description: This pokemon looks somwhat a cross betwwen a hedgehog and a porcupine. It is dark green and retains its pre-evolutionary ability to photosynasise. However, its body chemistry and personality are totally different from its pre-evolved state. Conpoctros are very grumpy aggressive beings when threatened, lashing out with its tail quills, or recklessly tackling an enermy. It is a slow moving pokemon who can better stand warmer climates than its unevolved state, but its body tends to still be exetremely vunerable to open flame, so it shys away from fire. They can shoot quills from thier tails with pinpoint accuracy. Very good guardpet for children when trained, because of its usually calm nature, but are often destructive to gardens, as they dig up areas looking for roots, grabs and other matter. Will eat nearly anything.
Notes: This pokemon can use nitrogen compounds made in its body the fire its quills in its tail at enermies at a shocking speed. The quills grow back as far as a Sandslash grows back a broken claw.
Attacks: Rollout, Pin Missile, Spikes, Blizzard, Defense Curl, Razor Leaf, Take Down, Double-Edge
Entry: Not sure yet, get back to you on that one :)

mr_pikachu
7th April 2006, 12:41 AM
To answer your question, the Pokemon I've put up, as well as any I give in this thread in the future, are free for your use. I wouldn't have posted them if I wanted to deny you the use of them. :)

I'll have to come up with some more ideas later...

Magmar
7th April 2006, 08:54 AM
Thaaaaaank you, sweet inspiration, thy name is Magmar!

That's being signature'd! :P

Of COURSE you can use my Pokemon.

Blademaster
7th April 2006, 05:37 PM
(pops out of nowhere)

I'm baaaaa-aaaaaaaack!

And I've got a 'cool' new idea - check it out:

Name: Cryodine
Element: Iodine
Type: Ice/Poison
Species: Two-Faced
Height: 3'4"
Description: From the front, it looks like an icy-blue cloud with a purple smily face (Think Lakitu!) with cloudy little ice-blue arms ending in purple claws. From the back, it looks like a purple cloud with an angry ice-blue face (Think :mad:!) with cloudy little purple arms ending in ice-blue claws.
Pokedex Entry: Its lack of a skeletal system allows it to switch from one face to the other at surprising speeds, enabling it to freely toggle between Ice and Poison attacks without losing speed advantage. Shavings taken from its blue claws can be made into a potent medicine, but contact with its purple claws can be fatal.

Master Chief
11th April 2006, 11:13 AM
OK. I have come up with new kinds of Pokemon. I hope you guys like them. :biggrin:

Name: Quadraxis
Element: Palladium
Species: Comet
Type: Dark/Electric
Height: 5' 1"
Weight: 130 lbs
Description: Even though Quadraxis is an Electric Pokemon, it doesn't like light. Unfortunately, it must use its' great speed using Electric moves to move great distances.
Pokedex Entry: Looking like a dog, Quadraxis is very loyal, although very shy.

If you guys liked that one, here's another one, thought up by me and my friend.

Name: Scarlet
Element: Strontium
Species: Fire Bird
Type: Dark/Fire
Height: 1' 4"
Weight: 12 lbs
Evolution: Evolves at level 25
Description: A harmless bird, it never attacks unless provoked.
Pokedex Entry: A tiny bird that may spontaneously bursts into flame when provoked or offended.

Note: This Pokemon was thought up by my friend.

Name: Stratus
Species: Fire Jet
Type: Dark/Fire
Height: 4' 8"
Weight: 145 lbs
Evolution: Evolves at level 50
Description: Now able to control its' feeling of hatred towards people that offend it, Stratus is looking more and more like a phoenix.
Pokedex Entry: Very easy to spot in the air, Stratus is a calm bird of fire that takes to the skies if it spots any danger.

Note: This and the next Pokemon are thought up by me. I'll be back with this Pokemon soon.

Blademaster
11th April 2006, 01:48 PM
Oh! I almost forgot about this thread! Well, have some more ideas then!

Name: Numunax
Element: Unununium
Species: Stealth
Type: Steel
Height: 3'2"
Weight: 3 lbs.
Image: A red 'X' with a single eye at its center, surrounded by a ring of green electricity (Paper Mario fans: Think of Yux!)
Pokedex Entry: An speedy, silent entity with no definite attack pattern, different Numunix can use various different attacks, but they strangely all know Swift. Though it seems to lack any sort of organic system, not even requiring air or food, it somehow does have consciousness.

Name: Tetrox
Element: Ununquaternium
Species: Blockbuster
Type: Psychic/Rock
Height: 2'4"
Weight: 301 lbs.
Image: A stark-white block that seems to be geometrically impossible, like an optical illusion, with multiple long, thin hairs tipped by light blue orbs (possibly eyes) poking from it.
Pokedex Entry: A dense stone body coupled with its molecular instability makes it hard to move. Can fit into almost any crevasse when frightened and will refuse to budge. It absorbs minerals through its porous skin to sustain its powers.

Name: Plasmix
Element: Ununoctium
Species: Subatomic
Type: Dark/Normal
Height: 4'1"
Weight: 0 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves into Climhex through unknown means.
Description: A glowing green steel ball covered with long, thin tendrils of energy, perched atop a yellow spire with an eye at its bottom.
Pokedex Entry: Highly unstable, it can pass through matter as a gas and at the same time attack as a solid. Statistics on its evolutionary process are unclear, but evolution is believed to be triggered through radioactive exposure.

Name: Climhex
Element: Ununhexium
Species: Atomic
Type: Unknown
Height: 2'0"
Weight: 50 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves from Plasmix through unknown means.
Description: The symbol of chemistry: 3 energy orbs revolving around 3 overlapping ellipses forming a skeleton of a hexagon. Constantly changes color; has a humanlike eye in its center.
Pokedex Entry: The most unstable and mysterious of all Pokemon, it is believed that its molecules replenish themselves constantly, making this Pokemon practically invincible.

-Blade

Phoenixsong
11th April 2006, 10:27 PM
Gwahaha! Much joy, dancing and happiness! This keeps getting better and better!

Thank you all again for your permission to make my story so very wonderful. I've already got the heroes, the villains, the mysterious "villainous-but-not-really-group"... now all I need is to fill out this Elemental Pokedex, if you will.

A quick question, Master Chief: I assume that Scarlet evolves into Stratus at level 25, and then Stratus evolves into something else at level 50? That something else would be the next Pokemon you and your friend are creating, right? Just clarifying.

On the note of Blade's "nearly invincible" Climhex, I have a new challenge to put forth for your Pokemon-creating pleasure. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to come up with some Elemental equivalents of Legendaries. I need a few Pokemon that were only created once, are probably made from highly unstable or dangerous elements and can either be freakish, formless things like Blade's Unun-thing Pokemon or else the usual bulky, muscle-y scary thing with spikes and claws that would make the Govenator have an accident. Preferably, about half of these should be actual tangible, visible things and not gas clouds, and that goes for the newer general submissions as well; I have absolutely no problem with the creepy gas/atomic/whatever critters, and they certainly will have a place in this story, but part of the main plot is that the creators are trying to sell the Elementals (not the scary, planet-obliterating legendaries, of course) to the general trainer public, and while things like Luminain and Plasmix are awesome I think people might be more inclined to purchase Pokemon that are either cute and cuddly like Skitty or fanged and intimidating like Gyarados. Again, nothing wrong with things like Luminain, I just need a few more tangible, animal-like things. It's okay to fudge the elements or properties just a little bit in order to make whatever it is a cat or a squirrel or a donkey. I'm still trying to remember how the heck I got the idea to make the Plumolis lead/arsenic line lizards.

...And to think, I was afraid this topic would be so weird it'd frighten people away.

Master Chief
12th April 2006, 06:51 AM
Yes, I was going to get back to that last Pokemon, and here it is.

Name: Callexploxion (Pronounced: cal_explosion)
Species: Phoenix
Type: Fire/Flying
Height: 9' 10"
Weight: 193 lbs
Evolution: Normal
Description: Now a fully-formed phoenix, Callexploxion will burst into flame when it reaches its maximum level (level 100) and start anew as Scarlet (like a real phoenix) with many of its' adult movesets.
Pokedex Entry: Always living in the air, Callexploxion will attack anything that it thinks might harm it or appears like its prey.

Note: OK this Pokemon was thought up by me, but Scarlet was thought up by my friend. Just wanted to clear that up.

The Blue Avenger
12th April 2006, 03:01 PM
Name: Chloraua
Element: Gold
Species: 24 Carat
Type: Rock
Appearance: A skinny, humanoid Pokemon with a very angular appearance. It can stretch its arms to any reasonable shape, and chooses most of the time to keep them very muscular to intimidate foes. Its entire body is gold-colored. Its body is entirely pure, with no markings at all - hence, no face or anything like that.
Height: 7' 5"
Weight: 507 lbs
Pokedex: This one-of-a-kind Pokemon prefers to fight in direct sunlight, where its body will reflect the sun and blind opponents. Its arms can stretch and bulk out according to this Pokemon's whims.

Notes: A proposed legendary. Legendaries based on the valuable metals could be fun.

Blademaster
12th April 2006, 05:25 PM
New Legendaries, huh? I'm down with that...

Name: Astrocoatl
Element: Uranium
Species: Nuclear
Type: Poison/Fire
Height: 7'9"
Weight: 423 lbs.
Appearence: A glowing green anthropomorph with a crowned birdlike head and wings, a long, feathery tail, and sharp claws on its hands and feet. Is 'filled' with black markings resembling a skeletal structure, with 2 red-orange points of light for eyes.
Pokedex Entry: A Legendary Elemon, it is quite friendly and intelligent, but it never willingly approaches other creatures for fear of infecting them with radiation poisoning. Because of this, it stays in flight at altitudes of thousands of feet high far from the migratory paths of other flying creatures.

Yeah, sorry to mess up your idea, TBA, but I'd assume that Pokemon of gold and silver would be in much higher demand than those made from dangerous elements. :sorry:

The Blue Avenger
12th April 2006, 09:15 PM
Heh, no worries. I was thinking of doing a Uranium 'mon anyway.

My logic went something along the lines of "Okay... legendaries... rare... gold!" The creators of Chloraua, upon realizing that nobody would buy one due to the absurdly high price that came with a 7-foot-tall brick of solid gold, discontinued production after the prototype. Or something like that. *cough*

Phoenixsong
12th April 2006, 09:33 PM
Nawr, Avenger, that's a really cool idea. I need a few more ideas for legendaries before I can make a final decision, tho. And, Master Chief, your idea for the strontium line starting over after level 100 is awesome. It's a little illogical as far as game terms go, but since this is a story and not a game it's really neat. I'm seeing a possible Dratini/Larvitar/Bagon line here...

If I may make another quick li'l suggestion, I would kindly ask that any of you interested in making a mendelevium-Poke please refrain from doing so. I mean, you can suggest one if you want, but I probably won't use it unless it just happens to be exactly a certain way. The mendelevium Pokemon is going to be... err... special. I just wanted to make sure it got done exactly as I needed it.

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget, why don't all y'all loverly folks who've contributed so far take a peek at FanArt? Blademaster has something there he'd like to show you.

EDIT again: Um, actually, Avenger, Chloraua can't be pure gold. At least trace amounts of a few other elements are necessary for the thing to be truly alive. But, then again, no one has to know... uneducated people might still pay a ton for it. Hm, makes me wonder how expensive a rhodium Pokemon would cost... I should get to work on that.

Kratos Aurion
20th April 2006, 05:15 PM
Mwahaha, guess what, Phoenix? I finally got up off my backside and signed up for an account here.

*looks around at all the scary TPMers staring curiously at him, then waves nervously* Uh, hi, all... uh, you nice people don't bite, do you? Eheheh.

Anyway, Phoenix m'girl, I've got the Elementals you asked for. Looks like I'm just in time, too; I've been watching for a couple days and it looks like peoplsh ish forgettin' 'bout'cha.

Name: Nikeladar
Element: Darmstadtium
Species: Ninja
Type: Grass/Fighting
Ability: Speed Boost or Shock Rush
Height: 2’9”
Weight: 19 lbs.
Evolution: into Ronadar @lv 32
Description: A green, tortoise-like creature, Nikeladar has a fairly round, almost spherical shell that is ringed with stiff, sharp leaf blades. Unlike other tortoises, Nikeladar is extremely fast, and it uses its great speed to run and jump into the air, where it retracts into its shell and whirls through the air like a throwing star.
Pokédex entry: Nikeladar can spin through the air like a throwing star, effectively slicing into most surfaces. It does not retract into its shell to defend itself, like most tortoises, but instead does so to facilitate its attacks.

Name: Ronadar
Element: Darmstadtium
Species: Shuriken
Type: Grass/Fighting
Ability: Speed Boost or Shock Rush
Height: 3’5”
Weight: 38 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves from Nikeladar
Description: Nikeladar’s rounded shell has flattened out, and the leaves that go around the top and bottom of its shell are no longer there. Even though Ronadar is only dangerous while spinning along its side, these side leaves are much tougher, much sharper and much more lethal. It can also work up so much speed that it can skim across the ground or even skip over water like a skipping stone.
Pokédex entry: Ronadar’s abilities are more specialized than its previous form, and as such those spinning abilities are more dangerous. Rondar can be distant and almost cold at times, but it has an unshakable loyalty to its trainer or teacher.

For those of you who don't know, Shock Rush is an ability Phoenix and I made up. It's the same as Intimidate, only it lowers Defense instead of Attack.

Name: Rhokus
Element: Rhodium
Species: Migration
Type: Bug/Flying
Ability: Swarm
Height: 1’7”
Weight: 9 lbs.
Description: This grasshopper’s thorax, abdomen and thighs are a rosy red color, while its head and legs are a highly reflective steely gray. Its legs are so powerful that it can leap over 50-story buildings despite its small size. It can also rub its wings together to make soothing sounds.
Pokédex entry: Rhokus have a tendency to vanish after a certain point in the year, and not even their creators are not quite sure where they go to. As such, these beautiful insects are very rare and highly valued.

And finally...

Name: Suglox
Element: Oxygen
Species: Glider
Type: Electric/Flying
Ability: Magnet Pull
Height: 0’11”
Evolution: Evolves into Kwalox at level 18
Description: A bluish-white sugar glider with a stiff but fluffy tail and purplish-black mask and bands, Suglox is very small and very energetic. It cannot truly fly, but it can glide effortlessly through very high altitudes. Polluted air makes it very sick.
Pokédex entry: Suglox thrive in areas with clean, fresh air and cannot stand pollution. These tiny creatures zip along tree branches at lightning speed.

Name: Kwalox
Species: Awkward
Height: 3’0”
Weight: 22 lbs.
Evolution: Evolves into Toxymoron at level 36
Description: A big, light blue koala with violet ears and small, useless wings sprouting from its back. It is slow and sedate.
Pokédex entry: At first glance, Kwalox is much less active than Suglox and the only rapid motions it makes are spontaneous flutters of its small wings. This is because it is actually focusing all of its concentration into controlling its awkward wings.

Name: Toxymoron
Species: Bizarre
Height: 4’7”
Weight: 84 lbs.
Evolution: Final
Description: A big, purple Tasmanian devil with light blue, “lightning shaped” bands and stripes. It has big, batlike wings and viciously curved claws and fangs. It developed its concentration so well that it can flawlessly control its abilities to attract and repel metal.
Pokédex entry: Despite its illogical appearance, Toxymoron is an adept flier and has mastered control of electromagnetic fields. It can fly even higher than airplanes, and becomes uncontrollably angry when its surroundings are heavily polluted.

...These last ones were inspired by watching the Crocodile Hunter Diaries. Wow, who'da thunk watching Steve Irwin and his employees throwing themselves into the way of thingees with fangs would prove useful?

And so concludes my very firstest post as the new 8420th member of TPM. Now if thou shalt excuseth me, Phoenix, I need to go ask that nice lady who made you those banners to make one for me... yowza, she's good.

Phoenixsong
20th April 2006, 05:27 PM
Hey... wait a minute... *takes a deep breath, then tackles Kratos* OMGit'sliekKratosyou'refinallyhereIcan'tbelieveit! *calms down and gets up off him* Took you long enough to sign up, stupid, it's about time... grumble. :mad::smilie:

Wow, those are perfect, dude, they're just like you said they'd be! Superfast, shuriken mutant ninja turtles... man, I want me a Nikeladar. I want me one bad... why aren't some of these Pokemon real?! WHY?!?!

Ahem... give me a minute to compose myself.

Okay, I'm better now. And so, without further ado, I shalt to post my newest Elemental; inspired mostly by TheBlueAvenger's Chloraua, this one was. Man, I've been waiting forever to post this, but I didn't want to double post... where are all you guys?

Name: Seolf
Element: Silver
Species: Sterling
Type: Rock
Ability: Sturdy
Height: 6’11”
Weight:398 lbs.
Description: Seolf is an elegant, long-legged canid. Its sleek and streamlined form, entirely silver on the outside and in its bone structure, allows it to run as swiftly as the wind. Unlike most Rock-types, this Pokemon has an incredible ability to use special attacks.
Pokédex entry: Seolf dislikes heat, preferring to battle by the light of the moon and stars. It is highly adaptable and elegant, and can battle easily in most situations.

That be it for now. And don't worry, Kratos, them TPM folks is good people. They don't bite.

At least, not unless I tell them to. :biggrin:

The Blue Avenger
20th April 2006, 08:07 PM
EDIT again: Um, actually, Avenger, Chloraua can't be pure gold. At least trace amounts of a few other elements are necessary for the thing to be truly alive. But, then again, no one has to know... uneducated people might still pay a ton for it.

As they say, let Marketing take care of it. :D I'm sure there are a few trace elements, but even being marketed as pure gold wasn't enough for it to sell. I guess.