PDA

View Full Version : Preview: A Dark Legacy

Skye
6th April 2006, 08:29 PM
The sun rose slowly over the horizon, turning black to a rainbow of pale hues. A sharp wind rose, and a soft melody began playing.

Do you wander through this life, like a child without a care?

The sun’s rays highlighted the female figure. A girl of sixteen stood tall and proud, her dark blue eyes narrowed as she turned into the wind where a figure dressed in pure black stood, poised to attack.

Do you fear the things you love, do you seek the things you fear?

The skies darkened and both figures vanished. Day took the skies, until night came again. The young woman and older male, in his twenties, walked side by side down dark, gray halls, approaching a large red door. Beyond that door laid pain and fear. The female stopped and pressed her hand against the man’s arm, shivering with fear.

When the world comes crashing down, do you just smile and say,

With a reassuring word, they walked through the red doors. Suddenly, the scene changes, and the same young woman is standing again in daylight, a confidant grin on her face as she took ready command of a small lizard that reared on his hind legs. It gave a blast of fire, and a Spearow caught flame and crashed to the ground.

"I am the Great Pretender, Willing to Dream Forever"

The scene shifts again, back to the dark night with the red door. The men, shadow-covered and leering at their two creations, denied the tall man’s demands. He took a threatening step forward, when they drew a weapon, a gun. The red-head girl screamed in her fear, and the kennels on the walls shook.

Oh, I'll just float away, and let the waves keep pulling me in,

The doors of the kennels opened and Pokémon of all sorts attacked the men in the coats, seemingly possessed. With a start, the girl in the daylight looks up. She is in a tall box, held above ground. Her hands are soaked from a downpour, the palms cracked and bleeding through her bandages.

I'll just hang out here and watch the world pass over my head,

She looked across the crowd and saw the silver-eyed stranger who had been following her for what seems like eternity. He nodded, a signal. And she obeyed, seemingly sapped of her own will by his gaze. But when the battle is won, he has already left.

Because, I'm still believing, all of the things you said.

Now she is standing by a campfire, night but the night seems lighter than before. The silver-eyed man approached her slowly as if not to scare her away. He then smirked and spoke to her. Terrified, she turned to bolt, and he grabbed onto her.

Are you searching for the truth, but all you come across is lies,

He leans forward when she stops fighting, her body limp, and whispers to her softly. His normal mysterious, coded phrases. She didn’t dare fight, fresh burns covering her skin where his hands grabbed her. But for once, she didn’t seem to know she was in pain.

Has someone sabotaged your route, left all the answers in disguise?

“Remember me,” he demanded softly,

“How? I don’t remember anything…” she whispered back, tears in her eyes.

When the world comes crashing down, do you just smile and say...

“Then I will make you remember.”

"I am the Great Pretender, Willing to Dream Forever"

A Dark Legacy

Rating: Random (Seriously, I’m not certain)

Genre: Action/Adventure

Other Genre: Plots twisting like a roller coaster

Main Protaginist/Antagonist/whatever she becomes: Darkfire Storm <3<3<3 (you know you love me)

Coming… eventually!

A revision of Darkfire: Kanto. After accidentally erasing seven whole chapters, I finally have the heart to start anew

Greyfox
6th April 2006, 11:08 PM
[color=#0099cc]Wow, I liked the (albeit short) read. It made me feel like I was watching a movie trailer. I look forward to reading this when it makes it's... re-debut?

Sorry if my (albeit short... again) review; it's late and I early 'round these parts, so I should get some sleep... I won't, but I should.

-drew

darktyranitar
7th April 2006, 08:14 PM
This is a promising trailer. I read some of the chapters of your last fic, and I was intigued by the main character Darkfire. So, reading this should be interesting. Looking forward to this.

Hmm... sorry if I don't know what else to say...

Hyperness is a Good Thing
8th April 2006, 01:58 AM
love your dramatic style, reminds me of the fantasy writers I used to love to read, so yeah.
looking forward to your fic! Do put it up soon. =)