PDA

View Full Version : glasses

PancaKe
7th April 2006, 12:40 AM
I'm so excited.
I'm finally getting myself a new pair of glasses!

Technically, i should have worn glasses for the last five years or so, but once I hit high school, I stopped wearing them because I felt I didnt need them any more. Now that I've actually started to study, and stuff, my eyes have gone really badly down hill. So I'm finally gettting a new pair!

I'm actually really really excited about it too. Theyre black, and super nice, and they actually suit me ^_^
I wanted purple ones, but my dad and Beth were like, errr... no. Then I tried on a heaps cute pair of leopard print ones, and they said no again.

So I get them tomorrow! yay!

Andrew
7th April 2006, 02:10 AM
Oh you're smart getting black, they go with EVERYTHING. Really.

You'll be hot, as always. Oh, btw lets be camwhores now! I have a digital camera now!

PancaKe
7th April 2006, 02:44 AM
omg yes! camerawhoring 4lyf!!!

Actually I dont have a digital camera any more. I think I will start borrowing Beths. :P she moved in to my house, and being the good friend she is, brought her camera

Master of Paradox
7th April 2006, 06:59 AM
I need a new pair of glasses. Mine is two years old, and I think I need a new prescription. No eye doctors in Hutchinson, though.

Dark-San
7th April 2006, 09:10 AM
[b][size=3] Glasses are a hasten. I personally would try to aviod them unless necessary.

I'm shortsighted. And only during lectures and working in front of the computer that I would put them on. How frequent would you wear this new pair of specs once you got them?

Gengachu
7th April 2006, 05:06 PM
I'm near sighted. I don't really mind wearing glasses, but sometimes I wonder what people would think if I wore contacts. They look sexy on most girls, btw. :biggrin:

Number1ChanseyFan
7th April 2006, 07:41 PM
[color=magenta]Cool, I hope that you like your new pair of glasses. Like Andy said, black glasses look really good.

I don't wear glasses, I actually have 20/15 eyesight, which is better than "perfect." I don't know where I got my eyesight from either. My mom needs reading glasses, she has like 20/40 eyesight, which isn't really that bad. My dad has really terrible eyesight, I don't even know what his eyesight is, I think it might be 20/200 or something like that.

Little_Pikachu
7th April 2006, 07:43 PM
I used to have glasses in middle school, they were just because I was getting eye strain though. I probably need them for that now actually. Both my parents need them just for every day everything, so I assume I'll probably be in a similar situation in some years to come.

What a random topic...

PancaKe
7th April 2006, 08:53 PM
^_^
I'm not planning on wearing them all the time.
For a bit, yeah. But thats just because they're a novelty!
I suppose I'll leave them for computer, studying, and things of that sort though.

:-)
now I just need pics.
Andrew lend me your camera!!! >=(

Perfect Chaos
7th April 2006, 10:07 PM
Boo, glasses suck

Contact lenses all the way! X) (especially the ones that change your eye color/style)

-Sean

Roarkiller
8th April 2006, 06:16 AM
The only time I don't wear glasses is when I'm asleep. That, and the random times when I just take them off on a whim, though rare.

Mine's entering the third year, but I don't think I'll spend big bucks on another pair. Besides, I got another one, but it's too nerdy looking, fat plastic of dark blue. I'd rather thin, metallic and almost invisible for frame.

midnightangel
9th April 2006, 02:18 PM
I've worn glasses since I was young because I am so nearsighted I can only see clearly about 12 inches in front of my face without them.
And contacts are a pain the the butt for me to wear *shrugs*

At least now, thankfully, I can pay for my own glasses--instead of the big, thick plastic frames with the thick lenses my parents forced me to get, I get thinner, smaller wire frames. And the lenses are now so lightweight (because of the technical advances in the last few years), I'm happier wearing glasses.

Go Glasses! ;)

Crystal Mew
10th April 2006, 07:30 PM
wow, I've never seen someone so excited to wear glasses before. lol

I've had glasses since I was about 7, and I'm sick of them really. Well actually, I'm so used to not being able to see, its normal...but I wish I had perfect vision!

I'm really farsighted(I think...I cant see anything far away...and can only see things 4 inches from my face) and its annoying to take showers and go swimming without being able to see. My glasses are black, and rectangular :) I wanted brown ones but they were more expensive...bah

I wear contacts most of the time though..unless I'm at home, then I wear my glasses

SupremeChampion
11th April 2006, 09:51 PM
[i]haha yea, i don't think i've ever seen anyone with so much passion for the reception of a pair of glasses. i however, have no need for glasses at this particular moment in time, but i may need to get some later on in my life. right now i have like 20/20 vision, except its a little worse than that, but not my much. so hopefully it doesn't get much worse, otherwise i may just have surgery to get it fixed... i don't think i could do glasses lol.

~The Italian Stallion

homeofmew
12th April 2006, 07:05 PM
I have had glasses since the 8th grade.
I like them.

PancaKe
13th April 2006, 01:25 AM
I'd rather glasses to contacts.
My friend wears contacts, and today he wore a blue one and a green one.
Bt I didn't even notice until he said something ! ><

Lady Vulpix
13th April 2006, 11:16 AM
Alright, enjoy them!

True, I'd never seen anyone so excited about a pair of glasses before, but anything that brings you joy is worth celebrating.

14/10 here (or 7/5), by the way, which I think would be 20/14 or so in your scale... possibly like Christen.

Dark Dragonite
13th April 2006, 11:39 AM
I have to get a new pic up, I got my glasses recently, damn stigmatism and nearsightedness...
They are tortoise shell to go with my skin, rounded rectangular to go with my face, grey transition lenses with anti-glare...oh, and they are by Brooks Brothers...$335 later, lol...

PancaKe
13th April 2006, 09:58 PM
ouch. $335 ??!
yuck.
Mine cost um... $70.
Just because we have some health cover thing that means I can get a pair of glasses every year and they'll give me $200 for them :)

Dark Dragonite
13th April 2006, 10:39 PM
no insurance + designer brand + special lenses = $500, but I got half off lenses with coupon, so $335

phaedrus
14th April 2006, 12:49 PM
well, the fact that my eyes are ultrasensitive to everything (light, etc.), the only thing i can wear are glasses.

Zak
14th April 2006, 12:58 PM
I feel like I've had glasses since I was born, I had to get them at a very early age of about a year and a half, or even less. It was like they were a part of me for about 14 years, when I stopped wearing them at age 15. I didn't even get contacts, just stopped wearing them altogether.
It felt so weird to get rid of them, but all of the sudden my eyes just got better. But after having them for so long, not wearing glasses felt like... almost like not wearing pants.

I feel like I should, but I don't miss my glasses at all.
They may make some people look good, but... not me.

~Zak

mr_pikachu
14th April 2006, 02:19 PM
well, the fact that my eyes are ultrasensitive to everything (light, etc.), the only thing i can wear are glasses.

This is part of the reason that I always seem to be awake at night instead of during the day. The light, the light! It burns my eyes! AAGH! x_x

Oh, and glasses = cool. In a sophisticated way, that is.

The Blue Avenger
14th April 2006, 04:56 PM
I've worn glasses since about kindergarten. I don't mind them; people usually tell me they make me look smart. :D But yeah, my prescription's really bad. It's 19/47 or something like that.

I also have these ultra-light, frameless glasses... combined with the thickness of my lenses, it makes them weigh almost as little as an average pair. :P

RaZoR LeAf
15th April 2006, 03:17 PM
I've worn glasses since i was 18 (about 4 years now). Originally I refused to wear them, b ut my vision got worse, so I had to. Just one right eye, all blurred, couldn't focus a damn thing out of it, unless if was under my nose. More recently, my other eye started to go, so now I have proper lenses on both sides. And they only ever come off to sleep, or to get cleaned (cos they seem to get mucky waaay to much. Self cleaning glasses, now that's where the future lies). The thought of contacts makes me shudder. Nothing against them, I think they're genius. But the dea of having something sitting on my eye makes me feel horrible. I can't stand anything poking around with eyes.

Saffire Persian
16th April 2006, 08:50 PM
I find glasses to be very.. comfortable. ^^; As having been both a contacts and glasses wearer, I can very easily say I prefer glasses over contacts. (Putting something in my eye creeps me out, too. Though with soft lenses, it's not bad at ALL). But glasses are so much easier to wear and clean, and you don't have to worry about getting dust specks in your eye and being in a tremendous amount of pain/irritation (especially with hard contacts).

So with that said: Glasses rock. ^_^

PancaKe
17th April 2006, 03:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/helga_the_strong/aoithoiaoirgaiaoytao/000_0125.jpg

there they are!!

rinni the bard
24th April 2006, 09:20 PM
I wear glasses, too. I like them and they suit me, I think, but I want contacts to wear also because I have really blue eyes and I want more people to see them. :P They are my favourite physical attribute, so of course they are almost completely hidden. Bah!

Inferno_Dragon
24th April 2006, 11:37 PM
I do wear glasses but not that often. I put them on sometimes when reading but they usually stay by my bed or in my backpack. I should wear them but I convince myself that my vision is okay, when it really isn't. I got them 5 - 6 years ago. I accidently broke them and had to get them fixed but nothing bad has happened to them.

Of course, they do fog up a lot.

Mr.Pokemon
25th April 2006, 01:04 AM
I've worn glasses since I was six. I have never comfortable in them, ever. I don't why, just a fear of being teased, which never happened to me. I would never wear them at school until the teachers would tell me to put them on. When I made to the switch to contacts my sophmore year in HS, I felt much better about my self.

But contacts wear out the eyes so in the evening I will wear my glasses.

Sceptile_Master
25th April 2006, 09:10 AM
I don't think I need them and if I do screw getting them. I've never been told I needed glasses though so w00t. I don't think they'd suit that metal look me and my band are trying to achieve atm though.

But anyhoo your glasses look good on you tara. You suit them. *does thumbs up*

PancaKe
26th April 2006, 03:14 AM
aww thanks ^_^;;
I like them a lot.
but I dont wear them out much. They make walking really weird. I fell over yesterday becasue of them ^_^;