PDA

View Full Version : The PokeZoo Battle Tower Suggestions Box

Dark Dragonite
11th April 2006, 05:21 PM
Can I offer an insentive?
Maybe do like ASB, for reffing on time, and a fair share, you get stamps/ccps, or a free item(limit this), or have like a Ref of the month or something, make people want to do this, rather than it being a chore?
I know, I used to ref here, and ASB, I nolonger do either...although partly due to my abscence I lost all my positions.
(GT,PZAC,PZBT,etc...)

Ace64
11th April 2006, 05:32 PM
I agree with DD here. It might make a difference if you offered CCP's/stamps for every three battles or so. There's not too many workers here, so it wouldn't be too much to keep track off, and I know these things must get monotonous after a while. It's a thought.

The_Missing_Link
11th April 2006, 05:48 PM
Honestly, I don't get bored by them. I've been doing this for maybe three years (at least more than two) and it's never been a chore for me. The problem is that we lose people because of being too busy or not interested in AC/CC anymore

Dark Dragonite
11th April 2006, 06:05 PM
I don't want to spam up the tower, maybe I should try to move this to the rules post, but, I think what's happening, and the difference with asb and ac/cc, is asb had a lot of room to evolve, and become new in some ways again, if we could get together, maybe in an AIM chat with heads, like yourselves, and players like myself, maybe we could bring more people in again.

Lady Vulpix
11th April 2006, 08:55 PM
I never said it was a personall attack against her, Becca. I said "Even if it were a personal problem with someone, which as far as I know it isn't". And it's clear that Shonta considered it offensive too. I don't want to start a fight, just... whenever you post a message, would you please stop for a moment before hitting the Post button to read it and think of how others may feel when reading it?

As for ASB, I don't know much about it. I've witnessed quite a lot of changes here since the beginning of AC/CC, and I think there's still room for more, but it's all up to the members. The AC/CC forum will run smoothly if and only if people are interested in it. And being less busy would help too, Becca made a good point with that. That's something I can't fix (I'm very busy and I do my best to keep up, but I can't do nearly as much as I would if I had the time). I think a discussion would be a good idea. Shall I open a new topic for it? It would be easier than getting us all on an AIM chat.

[Edit: I think I'll just do it rather than waiting. This place is too cluttered with discussions and battles are hardly visible among them. Moving posts.]

The Blue Avenger
11th April 2006, 09:07 PM
I'm just gonna go on record and apologize for being rather inactive here recently. School's amped up the difficulty a bit as of late (3 projects in English at once? What is that?), and I've had a lot of extracurricular stuff lately as well. I'm trying to bounce back after a particularly stressful weekend, so I should be back in the swing of things shortly. Thank you for the patience.

Dark Dragonite
11th April 2006, 09:46 PM
Well, I'm not trying to get old jobs back, or anything of the sort, but my job as of now, is to take care of my brother, take him to school, karate, hw, etc, so I have free time on my hands to try and help out where needed, I just don't want to step on any toes.

The_Missing_Link
11th April 2006, 10:29 PM
If I ever think something is too offensive, I delete it. I don't think it was offensive at all as it was my personal opinion on the current situation of the Battle Tower. And somehow, I'm not surprised you found it offensive

AC/CC can change, but it will definitely not be like ASB. There were always more people in ASB and a heck of a lot more things to tweak around. Our problem right now is that there aren't a lot of people involved and since this infuses liking Pokemon with hints of RPGing, it's kinda hard to attract those types of people

Dark Dragonite
11th April 2006, 11:53 PM
Well, I say we discuss possible changes, try to get people in before Pearl/Diamond come out and things get more complicated...(assuming based on traits coming out, then natures, etc...)

The_Missing_Link
12th April 2006, 12:41 AM
There are already natures in Ruby/Sapphire but I guess we ignored them. Wouldn't make much sense to implement them since unlike traits, you don't know what kind of nature the Pokemon you currently own have. Besides, they would be just a nuisance in the BT

Lady Vulpix
12th April 2006, 06:38 AM
It's not what your point was, it's how you said it. And it was Shonta who felt offended, so whatever problem you have against me (I haven't figured it out, and I don't think it makes any sense for you to keep talking to me like that when I have no idea what your problem is), this has nothing to do with it.

I agree with continuing to ignore natures, I don't think they would add anything valuable to our games, and they would complicate things a lot. Besides, people have more freedom to develop their pokemon's personalities without them.

Dark Dragonite
12th April 2006, 07:07 AM
But don't we have some weird bonueses, like pokemon with extra high stats, how did that work in?

classy_cat18
12th April 2006, 09:24 AM
I think it started with Pokemon being awarded in tournaments like the Unicorn Games. I know one of the prizes was your choice of L10 Pokemon with your choice of high stat.

Dark Dragonite
12th April 2006, 12:10 PM
Ok, I have pokemon with special colors, like the ones one in the melee games, along with ones you used to order eggs with special colors when I first came to tpm.

Lady Vulpix
12th April 2006, 05:56 PM
Actually, it started long before the Unicorn Games. Even before the first Eagle Games. Pokemon with a high stat used to be given out randomly (and rarely) at the adoption centers. I have the oldest of those pokemon (at least the oldest still active) in my team. There was also a Mankey named Spider, and a few others. Amy's Lani, on the CC side, was born with a high stat under special circumstances because she'd been working very hard on the AC/CC topics. Then, once we started getting things more organized, we started giving them out as tournament prizes.

The pokemon with special colors and unusual moves have a similar history, and there's also what Steve said.