PDA

View Full Version : New Dragon attack for Diamond/Pearl announced

Archaic
15th April 2006, 02:06 AM
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_dragon_attack_in_Diamond/Pearl

The winning entry submitted for the contest from CoroCoro Comic's January issue, giving people the chance to name the new Dragon Type attack in the Diamond and Pearl games has been announced in the May issue of CoroCoro, together with the statistics for this attack. The translation of this attack and its statistics are as follows.

* Name: Meteoric Swarm
* Attack Type: Dragon
* Base Power: 140
* Effect: (Your own) Special attack is reduced by 2 steps

mr_pikachu
15th April 2006, 05:23 PM
Hmm. Sounds similar to Superpower. This would be great in combination with something that had Haze, obviously. But it seems a tad unoriginal, frankly. Nothing all too new.

It might end up being something exclusive to a Dragon-type legendary so that Pokemon can't be bred to have both that and Haze. That might lower the usefulness of the move, but it'd probably the best Dragon attack so far unless they add others. Other than Dragon Dance, I can't really see any Dragon move that would be better than this. Dragon Claw's attack, in my opinion, is just too low.

One question, though... what's the accuracy? I'm not going to take the time to follow the link, since I'm in a little bit of a hurry right now. But unless the accuracy is something like 60%, it'll probably be the best Dragon attack.

The Blue Avenger
16th April 2006, 10:04 AM
Hmm. Sounds similar to Superpower.

Actually, it's just a Dragon version of Overheat and Psycho Boost.

Additionally, that would be an awesome name for it in the English version of the games, but they'll probably change it. :|

Poryhedron
16th April 2006, 03:44 PM
Meteoric Swarm is a little too similar to Meteor Mash for my tastes. I wonder what they'll rename it? Or will they actually decide to keep it Meteor Swarm? (Can't be Meteoric Swarm because that's too many letters.)

mr_pikachu
16th April 2006, 10:09 PM
What's the limit on move name size? If it's thirteen letters, they could just take out the space and make it one word.

Also, they could decide to change the limits on name size for the DS games. If they extend the limits, the name could fit. (This could also be done with Pokemon names, thinking about it. It doesn't have to only apply to moves.)

Poryhedron
17th April 2006, 07:09 PM
What's the limit on move name size? If it's thirteen letters, they could just take out the space and make it one word.
The limit on move name size has always been twelve letters. The limit on name size has always been ten letters. The limit on pokédex classification, however, has changed. It used to be ten, but for Advance Gen it was increased to eleven (thus allowing for TinyRaccoon).

Razola
19th April 2006, 11:26 AM
I thought they had contest for shit like this so we could get some originality.

Hatake Kakashi
24th July 2006, 08:58 PM
They should call it ShitRuiner.

Or just "Ruin". Seriously.

Zak
28th July 2006, 05:26 AM
The limit on move name size has always been twelve letters. The limit on name size has always been ten letters. The limit on pokédex classification, however, has changed. It used to be ten, but for Advance Gen it was increased to eleven (thus allowing for TinyRaccoon).

I don't think that even HAD a limit, it just so happened that before there weren't any longer than 10.

EDIT: Isn't Pichu "LittleMouse"?

Poryhedron
28th July 2006, 10:11 AM
I don't think that even HAD a limit, it just so happened that before there weren't any longer than 10.

EDIT: Isn't Pichu "LittleMouse"?

Pichu was "Tiny Mouse" in GSC. Perhapos they changed it to "LittleMouse" in Advance?
And the limit was 10 in RBYGSC for a very good reason. Any longer would not have fit on the screen in the old Pokédex.