PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter!

Gavin Luper
16th April 2006, 03:05 AM
Well, I was surprised to see there wasn't a topic about it yet, so basically I just thought I'd wish everyone on TPM a safe and very happy Easter today! (Buona Pasqua for the other italians out there.) Hope everyone enjoys themselves and has a chance to spend some time with family and/or friends!

And just to give this topic a bit more purpose, I thought I'd ask how most people celebrate easter. In our family, we usually wake up early, eat easter eggs for a while, then go to church at 9, followed by a semi-proper breakfast and veging out all day. At night, the family (being Italian, many of us) get together for a barbeque or something. It's always good fun.

So, what about everyone else?

Dark-San
16th April 2006, 03:11 AM
[b][size=3] I had a quiet Easter. After returning late in the wee morning, I slept and woke up late in the morning. As of now, there is not much actively going on either.

I just sitting in front of the computer and surfing the net.

PancaKe
16th April 2006, 06:25 AM
oh yum!
Chocolate
AND double time wages.
I love easter.
:-)

And lots of time to hang with the family.
We were going to do the family picnic thing tomorow, but my dad is taking the kids to the easter show :-(
Sucks to be me.
Oh well. Sleep in, net, study.
Scratch ass as well.
xoxo

Happy easter.

Today at work I said merry christmas to a customer

Alucard
16th April 2006, 06:51 AM
Just another day of the week for me.

Magmar
16th April 2006, 08:03 AM
Good for you.

I LOVE Easter! It's my favorite holiday. It's so... I don't know, bunnyish?

Dark Dragonite
16th April 2006, 10:13 AM
Happy Easter!!

My step-mom is Russian, and works for a time share company...
I just found out tonight, we are having some Russians over for dinner, so my dad and I need to get this house cleaned, and get food to cook...

Here's to a night of not understanding a word said at dinner, lol

Cheesey
16th April 2006, 01:55 PM
Happy Easter :) Normally we just eat Easter eggs and stuff, but this year we went through to see my sisters at uni and had a picnic and stuff on the beach there as well. We rolled hard-boiled eggs down a hill too - it doesn't seem to be an English thing but people in Scotland and Wales seem to do it, which is a bit weird really.. so of course my sister had to roll an egg with one of her English flatmates so that she could experience it, hehe. I think it's supposed to symbolise rolling away the stone from Jesus' tomb when he was resurrected but I'm really not sure, and either way I'm not religious anyway!

Perfect Chaos
16th April 2006, 06:40 PM
Happy Easter

To me, it means I can finally eat chicken again after a week and Lent is FINALLY over! (goes back to eating bag of chocolate)

So yeah...other than that, just another day

-Sean

mr_pikachu
16th April 2006, 10:17 PM
Happy Easter, everyone!

Yesterday I drove to my parents' house, and today we spent the day talking, eating ham, fishing, and so on. All our Easters have been pretty similar to today ever since we stopped doing the "run around the house looking for Easter eggs" tradition. That kinda ended when our dog actually ate a potted plant (indoors, mind you) to get to one of the eggs. :P

Number1ChanseyFan
16th April 2006, 10:22 PM
[color=magenta]Yay!! Happy Easter TPM!! I had a nice day today, my mom always cooks a huge Easter dinner. I didn't get around to coloring eggs today though, so I will prolly do that tomorrow. And of course, I topped dinner off with a new Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper!! 46 consecutive days without pop... I can't believe that I made it all Lent long without pop!! That was truly a challenge for me!! I am proud of myself that I was able to do it though. It showed what I could really do when I am determined at something.

Zak
16th April 2006, 10:46 PM
Just another day of the week for me.

Chikoo
17th April 2006, 01:58 AM
wow some people are just plain rude.

anyhow, easter was good. lots of omeletts sold at work today. :)

Jeff
17th April 2006, 10:00 PM
My Easter went well, except for having to work 10-3. At least my boss decided to close early the day before, before that I had to work until 8. As for the rest of the day, I mostly spent it at my grandparents' house playing Tetris DS and talking with relatives, and we had the usual ham dinner there.

Magmar
18th April 2006, 11:08 AM
CADBURY MINI EGGS ON SALE!!!!!! This is the best part of Easter

Blademaster
18th April 2006, 02:49 PM
CADBURY MINI EGGS ON SALE!!!!!! This is the best part of Easter

I suppose so, Mag - I suppose so...

I mean, Cadbury mini eggs are nature's candy, after all.

Alas, I am too poor to afford Cadbury eggs... Or, rather, the town I live in is. I've never seen Cadbury eggs on sale at the CVS around town! Cheap sons of...

Oh, anyway, my Easter treat to you: Free smilies for everyone!

:redface: :rolleyes: :227: :biggrin: :cool: :misty: :cool2: :what: :-* :006: :xd: :dance: :jenny: :nod: :heh: :joy: :197: :sweat2: :mad2: :003: :oh: :erika: :confused: :083: :smilie: :wink: :no: :p :eek: :giovanni: :mad: :211: :ninja: :blaine: :151: :keke: :notfunny: :yes: :love: :117: :sleep: :dead: :pirate: :064: :birthday: :rotfl: :love2: :surge: :sweat: :scared: :sorry: :079: :lol: :wave: :184:

:113: :113: :113: :113: :113: :113: :113: :113: :113: :113: :113: :113:

Happy belated Easter!

-Blade

Lady Vulpix
18th April 2006, 05:30 PM
O_O Cheesey posts!

Zak, instead of posting a quote, you could have made a topic about Pesach. I'm not going to make one because I don't really care whether we have one or not (same goes for topics about all other religious celebrations for any religion), but if someone makes it, I will reply.

Zak
18th April 2006, 06:56 PM
O_O Cheesey posts!

Zak, instead of posting a quote, you could have made a topic about Pesach. I'm not going to make one because I don't really care whether we have one or not (same goes for topics about all other religious celebrations for any religion), but if someone makes it, I will reply.

I just thought Alucard's post was funny, that's all. I wasn't doing it to be a jerk or anything. But actually I was gonna say, he probably should have said another weekend because it's always on Sunday.

Anyways, happy Easter!

I was going to say that in my other post as well, as well as the weekend thing, just had to rush and figured I'd explain if anyone called me on it, heh.

But anyway, I actually did have chocolate covered matzah on Sunday. Not a coincidence.

EDIT: I probably would have, but by the time I had time to come here it was too late.

~Zak

Little_Pikachu
18th April 2006, 07:53 PM
I was working at Easter... And you know what really sucks? On Good Friday we got double time at work, on Easter Monday we got double time at work, but on Sunday, the actual day all the other holidays are for, we didn't!!! Yes, I am just bitter because out of all those days I was only working on the sunday, but I think I have a right, damnit. Pretty much all of the mall where I work was closed on Sunday, so we had a quiet day at the cinema, but as a result of everything being closed we only got a load of stupid customers all day, the ones who seemed to disregard the fact that it was pretty much a national holiday and ignore the posters and banners that had been all over the mall for the past month, yes, being the only entertaining attraction open, not wanting a wasted journey we were swarmed with idiots who had assumed the mall would be fully open as normal.

Anyway, Easter isn't really a big issue with me, but happy belated easter to everyone else.

Dark Dragonite
18th April 2006, 09:16 PM
I just thought Alucard's post was funny, that's all. I wasn't doing it to be a jerk or anything. But actually I was gonna say, he probably should have said another weekend because it's always on Sunday.

Anyways, happy Easter!

But anyway, I actually did have chocolate covered matzah on Sunday. Not a coincidence.

EDIT: I probably would have, but by the time I had time to come here it was too late.

~Zak

I celebrated Passover on Thursday!!
I really like the seder, and how good the religion, and the people feel, and make you feel.

Zak
19th April 2006, 01:00 AM
I celebrated Passover on Thursday!!
I really like the seder, and how good the religion, and the people feel, and make you feel.

Wow Steve so you're Jewish? All these years I didn't know... or was it with friends? If that's the case, then happy belated Easter as well!

EDIT: Noticed first post... never mind.

Also Gabi, if you're still there, did you by any chance ask your family if they know what afikomen is? Remember, that word I used...

~Zak

Lady Vulpix
19th April 2006, 06:14 AM
I thought I'd told you already. I asked and no one knew, but then I searched the web and found it.

Dark Dragonite
19th April 2006, 06:57 PM
Wow Steve so you're Jewish? All these years I didn't know... or was it with friends? If that's the case, then happy belated Easter as well!

EDIT: Noticed first post... never mind.

Also Gabi, if you're still there, did you by any chance ask your family if they know what afikomen is? Remember, that word I used...

~Zak

Actually, I'm converting, it feels like the right thing, I mean, I'm sick of all the hate in religion, and they do this wrong, I like the just love aspect.

Milliardo
25th April 2006, 11:53 PM
Well, Pacha for us is quite simple: Saturday evening is the Easter Vigil and Mass. On the day itself, we go to Mass. Nothing big.

Pm-5000fan
21st May 2006, 07:39 PM
jellybeans, jellybeans jellybeans!

Its all about the jellybeans!

U got jellybeans?

Gimme the red and blue ones.

Keep the black ones...

Lady Vulpix
22nd May 2006, 05:48 AM
That's SPAM, Pm-5000fan. Not to mention all your previous posts have little to no real content. If you have nothing to say, then don't say anything. And don't bump topics whose subject no longer applies (it's been a while since Easter passed). Consider yourself warned.