PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge of 6 on 6...At the Acadamy Awards!

SilverMachop
21st March 2003, 01:57 PM
Pokémon - 6 VS. 6
Order - I release first, you release second and attack first.
Ref - Anyone, so long as you won't keep us waiting for some time.
DQ - 4 days.
Arena - The Acadamy Awards Stage!

On the stage of the Acadamy Awards, the stars are going to witness the Pokémon battle of the year! Any attack on humans is not allowed, but damage to the building and stage is okay (serves them right for blowing over The Two Towers).
The six Pokémon you will be using are highlighted on a giant screen, so you must pick your six Pokémon beforehand. The nicknames and genders are also displayed. Now let's battle for the stars!

SilverMachop's Screen:

Machop
Nickname - Mastar
Gender - Female

Tyrogue
Nickname - Jar-Jar Binks
Gender - Male

Psyduck
Nickname - Sailor Mercury
Gender - Female

Magby
Nickname - Groucho Magmarx
Gender - Male

Cubone
Nickname - Lord Helmet
Gender - Male

Abra
Nickname - Ness
Gender - Male

(Remember, you've got to do this for this match. I thought it would make an interesting, Hollywood-style twist. ;))

I'm leading with...Jar-Jar Binks!

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs371.png - Dis es gonna bae a grand fight! Bring et on!

Gladiator
21st March 2003, 07:05 PM
I'll be happy to take you on. Hmm

Scyther
Name: Guardia

Charmander
Name: Berserker

Pineco
Name: Fort

Sentret
Name: Scoutress

Totodile
Name: Typha

Larvitar
Name: Tod

Save the Fort, Guardia!

Let's begin with this set: Guardia X-Blade Slash, Attract, Wing Attack

Sig: Guardia X-Blade Slash
Description: Guardia crosses her claws over her chest, which makes her take *.8 damage from melee attacks. Then she rushes at her foe and slashes it with both of her claws, which makes it drop its guard and makes all melee attacks do *1.25 damage. These effects last for two actions and takes the standard three rounds to reuse
Type: Flying |Accuracy: 85% |Damage: 5% |Effect: See above

How's that?

RaZoR LeAf
22nd March 2003, 05:27 AM
I'll ref. I have a 3 week break coming up soon, so i'll have plenty of time to ref for you.

SilverMachop
22nd March 2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks for accepting my challenge, Gladiator, and thanks for reffing, RaZoR LeAf. Here we go!

Jar-Jar, we might as well start this match with a little risk; it's gonna be tricky for you to take down a Scyther. But if Mastar can take on an Alakazam, you can be great too!

Let's go with Mach Punch before she uses her signature move, then Swagger before she tries to attract you, and then use Hi Jump Kick when it flies in for Wing Attack!

Jar-Jar Binks (Tyrogue) - "Ouch time!"

Moves - Mach Punch, Swagger, Hi Jump Kick

Gladiator
22nd March 2003, 10:03 PM
OUCH! I know I can't edit posts so I just need to say, Typha is female.

RaZoR LeAf
23rd March 2003, 11:57 AM
* Battle *
Silver Machop
versus
Gladiator

* Stats *
JarJar Binks the Tyrogue (M)
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Guardia the Scyther (F)
100% Health
0% Fatigue

* Trainer Issued Commands *
Gladiator
"X-Blade Slash ~ Attract ~ Wing Attack"
Silver Machop
"Mach Punch ~ Swagger ~ Hi Jump Kick"

* Pre-Battle *

A fanfare blows, and the stage is bathed in a warm light. I, RaZoR LeAf, step up to the podium and the crowd erupts into applause. Seated in the huge Hall are celebrities, actors, produces and the like, all ready and waiting to see if they'll win an award. But tonight there's an extra feature. A pokemon battle will be taking place first, for the veiwing pleasure of the audience. The winning trainer will walk away with a Pokemon Trainer Oscar at the end.

Our two combantents tonight are SilverMachop and Gladiator. The two trainers take their positions on opposite sides of the specially constructed stage. Resistant to most pokemon attacks and strong enough to withstand a seriously overweight Snorlax, it's ready for anything. The audience cheer, and the combatents wave. It's time to see tonight's battling pokemon. First to send out the pokemon is Silver Machop. Six pokeballs are released and the entagled beams of red light reach out to reveal a Machop, Magby, Cubone, Abra, Psyduck and a Tyrogue.

Gladiator releases his own pokeballs after the cheers die down and revealed are the second team, Charmander, Sentret, Pineco, Larvitar, Totodile and Scyther. The crowd goes wild as all the pokemon and trainers bow. The lights dim over the seating area and the shouting all but simmers away. Two pokemon step out, the first to battle. From SilverMachop's team it's the aptly named Jar Jar Binks a Tyrogue who's speech impediment doesn't stop him from doing serious battle. From Gladiator's team, Guardia, a female Scyther flexs her blades, ready for a sharp battle. It's time for battle.

* Round One Begins *

The battle begins and it's a quick start for both pokemon. Despite her own natural speed, Guardia has no time to defend herself from the mach speeds at which JarJar delivers his first punch. With imense speed, a fist is layed into Guardia knocking her off balance, she falls crashing to the floor. The audience gasps, as Binks slows down and a once blurred image returns to normal. Unfazed, Guardia hops to her feet, and, bringing her claws to bear, crosses them infront of her chest. There's a slight pause, and as silence fills the auditorium, Guardia suddenly darts forward, blades fast infront, she swipes double quick across Jar Jar, forcing the small pokemon backwards with each cut.

Both pokemon glare at each other, eyes locked, they hold their stare, eaching trying to force the other down. Instantanious and at the exact same moment both pokemon pull away and begin a strange act. Guardia begins to beat her wings, puming air over her body, she lifts her blades and flicks light off the reflective surfaces. Patterns of light dance across the stage as she eyes JarJar seductivly. At the same time, JarJar flexs his muscles, and pulling his hands over his face, stretches his eyelids down revealing the blood vessels beneath. He pokes out his tongue, and runs back and forth squealing like a pig. Guardia stops her act and looks at JarJar. Jarjar stops his act and looks at Guardia. Both look confused, and both have reserved ideas about the other's sanity.

The female mantis shakes off her confusion, and bringing her open wings to bear, lifts off the ground and flies towards the baby fighter. Jarjar is quick on his feet too however, and the plucky fighter leaps into the air. As Guardia watches the Tyrogue fly over her, she spins mid flight and follows him up. Binks comes falling down, and with his foot outstretched, crashes into the Scyther's shoulder, forcing her down, with him on top. Her flight interupted, Guardia hits the floor with her wings trapped beneath her body. Unable to attack Jarjar for the moment, she pushes the tyke off her, and moves away to the other end of the stage, rubbing a bruised shoudler. The crowd cheers as the first round in this immense battle comes to a close.

* Results *

* Stats *
91% Health
10% Fatigue
Thinks Guardia is weird

Guardia the Scyther (F)
90% Health
10% Fatigue
Thinks JarJar is weird
Brusied Shoulder

* Arena Status *

Crowd seem to be enjoying the first round of the battle. It's early in the night and so far there hasn't been any trouble, but things are a long way from finishing yet.

OnTheEdge
23rd March 2003, 12:06 PM
*enters the room with some popcorn and his Doduo, Nokka*
*sits down next to Halle Berry*
ahh... nice match.. I'll spectate :)

SilverMachop
23rd March 2003, 01:36 PM
You're doing great, Jar-Jar! Let's heat things up some more! Let's show the celebrities how great Star Wars is!

Use Double Team to confuse your opponent, then use Headbutt, and then use Mach Punch again!

Double Team, Headbutt, Mach Punch

Hey, Gladiator, I'm planning on doing a fanfiction story on my ASB battles and such. Could I use our battle for the story? The fight will be slightly different in the story, but major details stay the same (ex: you win the fight, you win in the story, of course). Any details about yourself and your Pokémon you could always PM me, and I could include in my story. Thanks!

Gladiator
23rd March 2003, 04:15 PM
Sure, why not, but I'm not comfortable about giving info on myself.

On a side note, Both bugs and flying Pokemon are resistant to Fighting attacks (but it is your reffing not mine, your doing a good job)

Anyway, Use Swift to get the real one and hopefully stop the Attack of the Clones

Typha: Ugg, terrible.

Shut up! Now after Swifting them go through with a Guadia X-Blade Slash then use your ninjitsu speed to Quick Attack him before he can Mach Punch you

Swift, Guadia X-Blade Slash, Quick Attack

SilverMachop
23rd March 2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Gladiator
Sure, why not, but I'm not comfortable about giving info on myself.

Oh, I meant like a fictional version of yourself. You could make up the eye and hair color, physical status, the works.

On a side note, Both bugs and flying Pokemon are resistant to Fighting attacks (but it is your reffing not mine, your doing a good job)

That's true, but ya gotta admit, a fist in the face is going to hurt, no matter what type you are (apart from ghost).

Gladiator
24th March 2003, 03:01 PM
Whoops, sorry, I made an illegal selection. I mean to say Swift, Wing Attack, Quick Attack.

Typha: Gladiator, the only human with a 5 second attention span

Shut up! Sick her, Scoutress

RaZoR LeAf
26th March 2003, 10:30 AM
Gladiator - I'll let you off now, but in the future i'll go from your first set of commands. Please be sure what atatcks you wish to use before you reply.

Also this is a 6 on 6 battle, and you don't want it to go on forever, so i lowered my damage caps a bit. Basically, attacks will do a bit more damage than they usually would. Anyway..

* Stats *
91% Health
10% Fatigue
Thinks Guardia is weird

Guardia the Scyther (F)
90% Health
10% Fatigue
Thinks JarJar is weird
Brusied Shoulder

Silver Machop
"Double Team ~ Headbutt ~ Mach Punch"
Gladiator
"Swift ~ Wing Attack ~ Quick Attack"

* Round Two Begins *

JarJar is taking this battle totally seriously, despite his reservations about Guardia's sanity. A white light washes over him, and in the twisting apce beside him, form two perfect clones. Made entirely from light and air, they copy his every movement. Guardia isn't so intimidated though. She brings her blades to bare. With quick slashes she cuts the glowing edge of a gold star infront of her. With a final swipes, the star solidifies, splits into five smaller stars, and dart off heading straight for JarJar.

No where to run to, no where to hide, JarJar braces as five consequetive stars knock into him. His clones mimic the blows, but stay intact as they were not penetrated by the attacks. Jarjar lifts his head up slightly, bringning Guardia within his sights, he charges forward, skull fronted, heading straight for his female foe. Guardia is knocked completely over by the running force of the small fighter. But as she falls, she spins around, cutting across the head of her attacker with her long wing.

Jarjar winces as blood surfaces to the wound, but isn't ready to give up quite yet. Regaining his composure he clenches his fist and readies his attack. Guardia floats back up and readies too. The crowds all silent as both pokemon dart out, both with immense speed. Guardia the faster of the two getes her hit in first, swiping her blades across Jarjar. The fast, but not fast enough Tyrogue follows up, laying his first into Guardia's already brusied shoulder. As the two escape from their speedy union, Guardia cuts through one of Jarjar's clones evaporating it, laving him only with one.

* Results *

81% Health
24% Fatigue
Thinks Guardia is weird
1 Clone

Guardia the Scyther (F)
82% Health
20% Fatigue
Thinks JarJar is weird
Aching Brusied Shoulder

* Arena Status *

Crowd watching slow-motion video-capture of Quick Attack / Mach Punch battle segment.

Gladiator
26th March 2003, 04:32 PM
All right, we need to increase your chances of victory. We have a narrow lead, so let's take advantage of it. Begin with another Quick Attack, Jar-Jar is more tired so he can't react as fast. Then, we will annoy him with a Double Team of our own, but Toxic Jar-Jar instead of Double Team should we knock out his last clone. Finally, ram him with another Wing Attack.

I'd like to know who was the genius that made Scyther a Flying type, but only gave her one Flying move.

Guardia: Quick Attack, Double Team/Toxic, Wing Attack

Substitution: Toxic Jar-Jar instead of Double Team should we knock out his last clone

SilverMachop
26th March 2003, 08:53 PM
I'd like to know who was the genius that made Scyther a Flying type, but only gave her one Flying move.

The same genius who decided Gligar gets no Ground attacks! ;)

---

Okay, Jar-Jar, looks like we're doing a good job at keeping the opponent on her toes! So let's keep this up!

First off, use your Hi Jump Kick attack to make things harder on Scyther when she's comes at you or your clone. Then use Rapid Spin for your second, which can help with either of her two second moves. Then finish this all off with Mach Punch! (In case you haven't noticed, I like going on the offense! :) )

Hi Jump Kick, Rapid Spin, Mach Punch

Cyrus
26th March 2003, 09:03 PM
Stadium 2 Gligar can get EQ... very helpful for the flying scorpion.

*Continues to spectate*

SilverMachop
26th March 2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
Stadium 2 Gligar can get EQ... very helpful for the flying scorpion.

*Continues to spectate*

Oh, yeah. But naturally, Gligar doesn't learn any Ground attacks (bless the Stadium 2 Gligar!).

Say, who are you sitting next to, Cyrus?

RaZoR LeAf
5th April 2003, 01:15 PM
* Stats *
81% Health
24% Fatigue
Thinks Guardia is weird
1 Clone

Guardia the Scyther (F)
82% Health
20% Fatigue
Thinks JarJar is weird
Aching Brusied Shoulder

Gladiator
"Quick Attack ~ Toxic/Double Team ~ Wing Attack"
SilverMachop
"Hi-Jump Kick ~ Rapid Spin ~ Mach Punch"

* Round Three Begins *

The new round starts as thick and as fast as the last ended. Gurdia, the green skinned mantis, charges forward, her body fueled by adrenaline as speed builds up inside her and sends her through the air with a brilliant velocity. JarJar barely has the time to react, as he begins his leap into the air. The speed and agility of his female foe, means that his jump only helps him into the slashing claws of the Scyther. A swipe across his torso, and his attempted kick fails, sending him falling back down to the ground, blood trickling from a fresh wound.

As Scyther returns to a static veiw, no longer boosted by speed, a faded light washes over her, and within a second, two fresh clones appear beside her, as the air and light twists to form a team of Scyther's ready to fight. It's now three Scyther's against two Tyrouge. Jarjar, skips up on one foot, and begins to spin. Faster and faster he spins on the spot. After gaining a centrafugal force, Jarjar skips off the spot and spins off towqards Guardia's location. The spinning nightmare, crashes through one of Guardia's newly made copies, shattering it and returning it to the light it was born of. As the spinning stops, Jarjar topples over, his sense of balance sorely tipped and in need of a restore to normality.

Guardia giggles as she watches her enemy attempt to steady himself. Despite his best attempts, he can't stand still, let alone attack. Guardia takes her chance to attack now, rising above the arena on her wings. She plunges toward the toppling Tyrogue, and slices across his head with her wing. Looks like the tables have turned slightly though, as JarJar's last remaining clone disapates under the attack. Guardia lands, and curses to herself. But the self hating is only short as she watches with amusment, Jarjar's misgivings of Rapid Spin are more than enough to cheer her up.

* Results *
74% Health
40% Fatigue
Wounded across chest
Confused
Very Dizzy

Guardia the Scyther (F)
82% Health
36% Fatigue
Aching Brusied Shoulder
Very amused
1 Clone

* Arena Status *

Jarjar not looking good with the audience, as they laugh at action replays of his falling over.
The "Tyrogue Toppler" becomes the cocktail of the moment, and sales increase.

SilverMachop
5th April 2003, 03:05 PM
Well, Jar-Jar, even if we failed to do damage to Scyther, at least we've got the audience laughing!

Jar-Jar Binks - "...Huh? Mesa so dizzae! Room go 'round and 'round and 'round..."

Well then, Jar-Jar, I suggest you use Rest while you get your bearings. After that, use Sleep Talk twice. With your funny antics, you will probably be one dangerous sleepwalker!

Rest, Sleep Talk x 2

Gladiator
5th April 2003, 07:03 PM
Razor Leaf, how do you interpret Rest? Does it restore fatigue?

Alright, since he doesn't know any moves that will be super effective. Let's go for a Swords Dance followed with a Twin Wing Attack. If however, he somehow wakes up, use Toxic instead.

Swords Dance-Wing Attack-Wing Attack/Toxic

RaZoR LeAf
6th April 2003, 07:21 AM
When I ref, Rest doesn't restore fatigue. The first battle i reffed the battlers used rest a million times, and i was getting very bored of it. So since then, Rest restores health but not fatgiue.

Moltrecuno
25th June 2003, 03:31 PM
I can sub-ref this battle if you want. *saw post in reffing tower* I just need to read the previous rounds to get an idea what's going on. ^^;

SilverMachop
25th June 2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Moltrecuno
I can sub-ref this battle if you want. *saw post in reffing tower* I just need to read the previous rounds to get an idea what's going on. ^^;

Be our guest, Moltrecuno! Thank you so much!

Guardia and Jar-Jar Binks - "Hooray! Now we can get back to kicking each other's butts!"

Moltrecuno
27th June 2003, 12:37 AM
Previous Round

74% Health
40% Fatigue
Wounded across chest
Confused
Very Dizzy

Guardia the Scyther (F)
82% Health
36% Fatigue
Aching Brusied Shoulder
Very amused
1 Clone

Arena Status
Jarjar not looking good with the audience, as they laugh at action replays of his falling over.

Battle Round Four

A sub ref steps in to continue reffing the battle. If you haven't figured it out already, I'm the sub ref so nyah. The trainers give their commands and round four begins.

JarJar gives a loud yawn and blinks his eyes a few times. He goes on his knees then lies down on the nice comfy carpet. Hey, the carpet in where the Academy Awards take place are nice. Not that I have lied down on the floor mind you. >_>;;; Guardia blinks a couple of times in surprise but ignores JarJar going into a slumber and starts to spin. A small wind picks up as she spins faster and faster. Her attack also rised up significantly.

Guardia suddenly stops her spinning and glares at JarJar with a small smile. She spreads open her wings and runs at JarJar along with her remaining clone. They point one side of their wings at where they were running toward. JarJar starts to mumble as he continues to sleep. He gets up to his feet with his eyes still closed and charges at Guardia as if he was going to tackle her down.

Guardia and Jar Jar meet at the same time but just before Guardia's wing could swing into JarJar, JarJar throws a quick mach punch at Guardia's abdomen. Sadly JarJar just gets rid of Guardia's clone. Guardia spins around hitting JarJar with both of her wings. The blow was strong enough to hit JarJar back and into the curtains. JarJar curls up in the curtains and continues to slumber. *sweatdrop*

End Round Four

80% Health
30% Fatigue
Wounded across chest
Asleep in the curtains

Guardia the Scyther (F)
82% Health
52% Fatigue
Aching Brusied Shoulder
Very amused

Arena Status
Um... I see those two guys that are critics from the Muppet Show? :D *sweadrop*

Rest was reffed to recover 15% or more and recovers about 15% fatigue or lower per round. Btw, I'm not very good at fatigue percentages so don't kill me x_x;;;

Gladiator
28th June 2003, 10:38 PM
Let's go with the same set of attacks.

Swords Dance, Wing Attack, Wing Attack

SilverMachop
29th June 2003, 06:35 PM
I don't think you have to worry about us killing you, Moltrecuno.

Jar-Jar, use Sleep Talk X 3. If you are woken up, attack with Mach Punch.

Gladiator
2nd July 2003, 06:59 PM
Where's the ref? (Well, I'd like to get this battle over with. I mean we still have five more Pokemon left, and I won't be at my computer the last week of July)

Hey, SilverMachop, I evolved one of my Pokemon earlier. Since it's one of mine who haven't been in this match, yet, I was wondering if I can use him to test the new signature. If you aren't okay with that, I'll understand. To be more helpful, I just evolved my Charmander aka Berserker. I'm hoping the signature move it has will be of any good considering the only setback I gave it.

Moltrecuno
6th July 2003, 06:09 PM
Previous Round

80% Health
30% Fatigue
Wounded across chest
Asleep in the curtains

Guardia the Scyther (F)
82% Health
52% Fatigue
Aching Brusied Shoulder
Very amused

Arena Status
Um... I see those two guys that are critics from the Muppet Show? :D *sweadrop*

Battle Round Five

The audience continue to show their amusement of the battle by cheering on both battlers and pokemon. The trainers give their commands. I wonder if sleeping pokemon can even hear commands from their trainer. O_o; No matter. Round Five begins.

Guardia again concentrates in raising her attack power and starts to spin again. Does that Scyther ever get dizzy? Sheesh. Jar Jar is curled up in the curtains sleeping still. Isn't he cute? *cough* Anyway, Jar Jar starts to mumble in his sleep again. His body glows for a split second and all of a sudden, three clones appear at Jar Jar's side. All of them mimicked the original by sleeping in their spots. Guardia stops spinning and sees Jar Jar's doubles. She gives a puzzled look on her face. I guess she thinks that the spinning finally got to her.

Guardia rushes at the sleeping Jar Jar and his clones at top speed. She opens her wings ready to strike the sleeping pokemon. Jar Jar mumbles in his sleep once more as Guardia slashes her wings through the curtains to get to her opponent with little luck. Guardia hears sounds of taunting in the shredded curtains. Guardia suddenly becomes enraged by the taunting and pins her wing out of anger right into the curtain. A sound of pain was heard within the curtains. Jar Jar rolls out of the curtains and his clones continue to sleep.

Guardia takes a few deep breaths still offended by the taunting. She swings her wing again but stops in mid swipe and gasps for air. Jar Jar has delivered a lightning fast punch to her abdomen. Is Jar Jar awake? Jar Jar then falls backwards. I guess he's not awake. O_o A cheer was heard in the audience as the round ends. I sound so boring in this reffing. ;_;'

End Round Five

Guardia the Scyther (F)
70% Health
67% Fatigue
Aching Brusied Shoulder
Enraged (May use more energy due to anger)

65% Health
40% Fatigue
Wounded across chest
Asleep on the floor

Arena Status
The audience is very amused and pleased in how the battle is playing out.

SilverMachop
6th July 2003, 06:17 PM
Gladiator, it is alright with me if you use your evolved Pokémon, so long as I get to use mine (my Psyduck evolved into Golduck in one of my own battles). So we both can use our evolved Pokémon.

Jar-Jar, use Sleep Talk X 3! If you wake up, follow these instructions:
Use Mach Punch for first and second attacks, and use Hi Jump Kick for third. Good luck!

Jar-Jar Binks - "Zzzzz...moy...zzzzzz...goober fish...yummy...zzzzz."

Gladiator
6th July 2003, 08:21 PM
I guess all of the clones are gone. Just keep using the same strategy.

Use Swords Dance one more time to calm you down (besides, imagine how much damage you can do to him after that) and continue with a Wing Attackx2 (seriously, can this get any easier) If Tyrogue is still sleeping, I'm calling it my Rising Blades attack pattern to save time.

*Prays that Berserker does not face Sailor Mercury*

Gladiator
12th July 2003, 06:21 PM
Do you suppose Moltrecuno is absent at the moment? Is anyone willing to substitute for this one round?

By the way SM, I'm having one of my original Pokemon's signature checked on. If I have to get his sig reapproved, then I'm going to substitute him with one of the other Pokemon I won in a battle. Just letting you know.

Moltrecuno
13th July 2003, 05:40 PM
Previous Round

Guardia the Scyther (F)
70% Health
67% Fatigue
Aching Brusied Shoulder

65% Health
40% Fatigue
Wounded across chest
Asleep on the floor

Arena Status
The audience is very amused and pleased in how the battle is playing out.

Battle Round Six

Jar Jar continues to slumber on the floor even though he gives the occasional whimper of pain as he sleeps. Guardia still look like she was in a rage after being taunted like she was the previous round. The audience better be careful with this Scyther. I hope none of them are wearing red... >_>;; The trainers give their commands and the Sixth Round begins...

Guardia tries to fight her anger and starts to spin as fast as she can again. She nears the sleeping Jar Jar but stops short at the curtains. She slashes the curtains up pretty badly. Jar Jar starts to mumble in his sleep once again and slowly gets up. He gives a small cry and punches the ground. The ground starts to quake and knocks Guardia off her feet. That little Tyrogue is strong. Sheesh. X_x The audience started to complain about the quake. I guess I'll have a word with them later... *sweatdrop*

Guardia gets back up to her feet and rubs her backside with the blunt side of her scythe-like arms. She glares at Jar Jar with even more fury and opens up her wings again. She rushes at Jar Jar pointing her glowing wings at him. Jar Jar was starting to mumble something but before he could do anything, he gets jabbed in the abdomen by Guardia's wing. Jar Jar lets out a cry of pain and opens his eyes. He's finally awake! Jar Jar gives a whimper and slowly gets up glaring at the enraged Guardia. I'm taking this will take a while for Guardia to calm down. o.o;;

Guardia backs up a bit and flutters her wings. She glares back at Jar Jar and rushes at him for another blow with her wings at Jar Jar. Jar Jar does a stance and rushes at Guardia. At the last second, Guardia swipes her wing at Jar Jar but Jar Jar quickly jumps into the air narrowly dodging Guardia's attack. Jar Jar does a high roundhouse kick at Guardia and hits her face hard. Guardia goes flying into the back of the stage and into the backstage curtains. Guardia gives a groan and rubs her jaw. She glares at Jar Jar who was just wiping off his arms and hands as if he was showing off. Guardia wasn't very happy.

End Round Six

Guardia the Scyther (F)
60% Health
80% Fatigue
Aching Brusied Shoulder

50% Health
50% Fatigue
Wounded across chest
Asleep on the floor

Arena Status
The audience is complaining about the quake that Jar Jar made.
A repair crew has been called to fix the cracks on the ceiling and roof from the quake.

SilverMachop
13th July 2003, 06:38 PM
Okay by me, Gladiator. Just use that new Pokémon as soon as possible, so that we both know each other's Pokémon.

Jar-Jar, you're doing well. Use Mach Punch, Hi Jump Kick, and Rapid Spin. If she uses Double Team, use Swift instead. We'll get through this.

Jar-Jar Binks - "Mesa dinking dat was moy weird dream mesan havin'. Mesa dreamin' mesa was at de Acadamy Awards-a! ...Oh! Mesa am! Oopsie!"

Gladiator
13th July 2003, 08:55 PM
Use Agility to dodge his Mach Punch attack, Counter his Hi-Jump Kick, Wing Attack.

Guardia: Goin' defensive Gladiator.

(Should Tod have to be reapproved, I'm going to use Bomber my Voltorb)

Gladiator
19th July 2003, 12:39 PM
I need to let you know that I won't be here tommorow and through the week. I'm going to computer camp and taking classes in multimedia and video games. Don't DQ me or anything.

Here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2472&perpage=15&pagenumber=16)

Moltrecuno
28th July 2003, 12:30 PM
I'm really sorry but can you guys find a sub-ref? I can't be active for a while (most likely a couple of weeks).

I'm really sorry again... :(

~M~

The Blue Avenger
7th August 2003, 08:19 PM
All right, SilverMachop has given me permission to sub-ref this match. Gladiator, if for some reason, you don't agree, let me know and I'll take this reffing down.

Round 7
Pre Battle Status
Guardia the Scyther (F)
60% Health
80% Fatigue
Aching Brusied Shoulder

50% Health
50% Fatigue
Wounded across chest
Asleep on the floor

Arena Status
The audience is complaining about the quake that Jar Jar made.
A repair crew has been called to fix the cracks on the ceiling and roof from the quake.

Orders
Jar-Jar the Tyrogue: Mach Punch/Swift, Hi Jump Kick/Swift, Rapid Spin/Swift
Guardia the Scyther: Agility, Counter (Hi Jump Kick), Wing Attack

Round 7...Begin!

The two trainers have just finished yelling their commands. Jar-Jar is still sleeping on the ground, giving a slight shudder every now and then, when suddenly he moves a bit, then a bit more and... POW! He jolts awake and stands up, albeit a little shakily. He regains his senses and dashes at Guardia like there is no tomorrow! At the same time, Guardia uses Agility to dash around the stage. The match has become a race between the two Pokemon; who will tire first? The blur that is the two Pokemon starts to slow down and...it's Guardia that has tired! Jar-Jar lands a quick clip on Guardia's aching shoulder, but as both Pokemon are seriously fatigued from the Looney Tunes-esque chase, it did not do a lot of damage. Both Pokemon struggle back to their feet and Jar-Jar leaps at Guardia's head. Something bothers him, though; Guardia isn't moving...she's just standing there..."She must know she's about to be defeated!" Jar-Jar thought, and continued flying at Guardia. He makes contact with Guardia's forehead when... KER-POW! Guardia retaliates with a brutal swipe at Jar-Jar's chest, opening the wound even further! Jar-Jar looks down at his chest and glares at Guardia. He is seriously ticked. With his newfound rage, Jar-Jar starts spinning incredibly fast, while at the same time, Guardia is swooping at Jar-Jar. The two Pokemon collide, causing a fair amount of damage to Jar-Jar and tearing a small rip in Guardia's left wing, causing her some pain as well. The Pokemon retreat back to their sides knowing that this round is over.

End Round 7
Post Battle Conditions
Jar-Jar the male Tyrogue
Health: 34%
Fatigue: 31%
Other: Wound on chest, slightly dizzy from chase, and confidence knocked down a few notches, ticked off.

Guardia the female Scyther
Health: 45%
Fatigue: 64%
Other: Shoulder even more aching, enraged, and tear in left wing.

Stage conditions: Repair crew called for ceiling, audience mad over Earthquake and slightly amused over chase scene

Next Turn: Gladiator attacks followed by SilverMachop.

If you would like me to explain the damage and fatigue, I can do so.

Gladiator
9th August 2003, 10:57 AM
Allright, I think I've waited long enough. Open up with Guardia X-Blade Slash

Scyther, F
Guardia
Sig: Guardia X-Blade Slash
Description: Guardia crosses her claws over her chest, which makes her take *.8 damage from melee attacks. Then she rushes at her foe and slashes it with both of her claws, which makes it drop its guard and makes all melee attacks do *1.25 damage. These effects last for two actions and takes the standard three rounds to reuse
Type: Flying |Accuracy: 85% |Damage: 5% |Effect: See above

Follow with Wing Attack and Slash I suppose.

X-Blade/Wing Attack/Slash
Subs: Swift if he uses Double-Team and use Toxic if you manage to get rid of the other clones. Counter any of his fighting moves.

SilverMachop
9th August 2003, 10:05 PM
Jar Jar, start off with Double Team! Then use Frustration (since you are ticked off), and then grab onto Scyther and use Rapid Spin! (If that's allowed; if not, use Mach Punch.)

Jar Jar - "Grrrr... mesa now moy angry! Berry angry! Look out, Scyther! Mesa BOMBAD!"

The Blue Avenger
10th August 2003, 08:31 AM
Pre-Battle Conditions
Jar-Jar the male Tyrogue
Health: 34%
Fatigue: 31%
Other: Wound on chest, slightly dizzy from chase, and confidence knocked down a few notches, ticked off.

Guardia the female Scyther
Health: 45%
Fatigue: 64%
Other: Shoulder even more aching, enraged, and tear in left wing.

Stage conditions: Repair crew called for ceiling, audience mad over Earthquake and slightly amused over chase scene

Attacks
Jar-Jar the male Tyrogue: Double Team, Frustration, Grab Scyther and Rapid Spin
Guardia the female Scyther: X-Blade, Wing Attack/Swift, Slash/Toxic

BEGIN ROUND 8!

The two Pokemon retake their places on the stage. Both are panting heavily, as it has been a long, hard match. They both know that only one will emerge victorious, and so they will try their best! Guardia begins by crossing her blades over her chest, raising her defense. At the same time, Jar-Jar has his eyes shut and focuses, thus producing 4 Tyrogues where there had only been one. Guardia completes her powerful X-Blade Slash by extending her claws and rushing toward two of the clones. Her blades make contact…and it turns out she struck clones. However, there are now only two Tyrogues left. One of the Tyrogues then dashes toward the Scyther, thoughts of fury and hatred filling his mind. “How dare she? She made me bleed my own blood!” He rushes for the Scyther and immediately begins pummeling her. It does heavy damage, which is somewhat reduced due to X-Wing Slash. He then melts back into the line of clones. Guardia, a bit startled by this recent turn of events, decides to take down the rest of the clones. She shoots dozens of little shurikens. These pass through the last clone Tyrogue and manage to hit the real one. However, it didn’t seem to phase Jar-Jar a lot. Jar-Jar rushes for Guardia one last time to execute a Rapid Spin, but Guardia uses the close range to launch a powerful Toxic strike. She spits out a blob of purple sludge, which lands on Jar-Jar. Jar-Jar, determined to finish his attack, tries to ignore the poison seeping into his body. He latches onto Guadia and the two spin around incredibly fast. Tyrogue ends the attack by jumping off, leaving Guardia to slam into the ground. However, the poison is beginning to take effect…

Post Battle Conditions
Jar-Jar the male Tyrogue
Health: 27%
Fatigue: 17%
Other: Wound on chest, slightly dizzy from chase, confidence knocked down a few notches, badly poisoned (5% per turn).

Guardia the female Scyther:
Health: 30%
Fatigue: 47%
Other: Shoulder even more aching, enraged, very dizzy, and tear in left wing.

Stage: Repair crew called for ceiling, audience mad over Earthquake and slightly amused over chase scene

SilverMachop
10th August 2003, 10:09 AM
Jar Jar, you're doing great against Guardia. Eight rounds, and you're still up! Most battles are over by Round Eight!

Do your Rapid Spin trick again (grabbing on and spinning), Mach Punch, and Hi Jump Kick.

Subs: If she uses Frustration, use Detect. If Guardia starts to use Counter, use Toxic yourself.

Gladiator
10th August 2003, 07:23 PM
I must counter his little strategy.

Guardia try to break his grip by Slashing one of his arms. Then use Agility to side-step his Mach Punch (his momentum should handle the rest) then use Wing Attack.

Slash-Agility-Wing Attack

The Blue Avenger
10th August 2003, 07:51 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Jar-Jar the male Tyrogue
Health: 27%
Fatigue: 17%
Other: Wound on chest, slightly dizzy from chase, confidence knocked down a few notches, badly poisoned (5% per turn).

Guardia the female Scyther:
Health: 30%
Fatigue: 47%
Other: Shoulder even more aching, enraged, very dizzy, and tear in left wing.

Stage: Repair crew called for ceiling, audience mad over Earthquake and slightly amused over chase scene

Attacks:
Jar-Jar: Grab Scyther and Rapid Spin, Mach Punch, Hi Jump Kick
Guardia: Slash, Agility, Wing Attack

ROUND 9

The Pokemon return to the field. Jar-Jar is breathing heavily and still bleeding a bit from his chest wound, not to mention the poison seeping through his blood. Guardia isn’t doing too much better; she has a tear in her wing and is stumbling from the dizziness. Jar-Jar begins the round by dashing toward Guardia, latching on, and spinning rapidly. The force of the rotation draws both Pokemon into the air, while Guardia manages to extend a scythe and swipe at Jar-Jar’s arm. Tyrogue, not expecting this, lets go, and both battlers fall heavily to the ground, causing damage to both. Tyrogue now also has a wound on his right arm. But he won’t give up. Tyrogue crouches, and, with a burst of speed, runs at Scyther with a fist extended. Scyther calmly zaps out of the way with a well-timed Agility, causing the fighting Pokemon to trip and fall hard, due to the momentum. Suddenly, at this very moment, chunks of ceiling fall on both competitors! It seems that the repair crew has finally come in, but they’re not very experienced. Their lack of know-how has dislodged chunks of ceiling, which, combined with the Earthquake, fell on the Pokemon. Shaking off the heavy bricks, Both Pokemon fly at each other; Tyrogue with a Hi Jump Kick and Scyther with a Wing Attack. The two Pokemon collide, throwing up a huge cloud of plaster dust… and the dust clears. It’s a double KO! The combination of the attacks and the ceiling was too much!

End Round 9

Post-Battle Conditions
Jar-Jar the male Tyrogue: KO’d!
Guardia the female Scyther: KO’d!

Stage: Ceiling fixed, audience returned to normal

Order: Gladiator sends out Pokemon, SM sends out Pokemon and attacks, Gladiator attacks

Edit: Next rounds, I may raise damage to speed things up...Say yes to me? Say no to me?

Gladiator
10th August 2003, 08:40 PM
Crikeys! I'm not good at this. Must choose a new Pokemon. I'm calling out Typha my Totodile (F).

Typha: How I am going to enjoy this!

SilverMachop
11th August 2003, 01:42 AM
*Recalls Jar Jar Binks.* Great job, Jar Jar; I'm sure millions of viewers now know a Gungan's potential.

And on a side note... YAY! Damage is being doing to the building! Take that, Acadamy Awards! Teach you to blow off Lord of the Rings for Chicago!

Now, with that off my chest, let's see who's next:

Mercury? Not yet.
Groucho? No way; that's fire verses water.
Helmet? Ground verses water!
Mastar? Just had a fighting type.
Ness? ... Okay then!

*Ness, a male Abra, comes out. He is wearing a red baseball cap with a blue lid, a striped shirt, and blue shorts.*

Ness - "Okay. This Totodile's Earthbound for trouble."

Ness, start off with Psychic, then follow up with Thunder Wave and Psychic again. If he tries to Bite or Crunch, use Disable!

(PS - Sure, TheBlueAvenger, you can raise damage caps. And I'll bet you know Ness, don't you? :D )

The Blue Avenger
11th August 2003, 03:02 PM
Let me answer that question in the following way...
DAKOOOOOOTA! YOU NO HAVE CASHOOOOOLA! BOING ZOOM DING!

Gladiator
11th August 2003, 05:32 PM
Typha open up with the Tides of War!

Typha: FEEL MY WRATH!

Totodile, F
Typha
Sig: Tides of War
Description: Typha summons the water from inside the earth to burst forth from the ground around her. Then she absorbs the soothing energies of the water before directing it away from her. This gives her attacks a *1.25 boost. Does the same for any other Water-type Pokemon that gets hit by the water. The effect lasts 2 rounds. Takes three rounds after the effect wears off to be used again. Two time use per battle
Type: Water |Accuracy: 85% (for boost), 85% (to hit opponent) |Damage: 5% |Effect: See above

This case some pipes may burst

Then prevent his Thunderwave with Screech to break concentration. Finish with Hydro Pump!

Tides of War-Screech-Hydro Pump

The Blue Avenger
11th August 2003, 06:51 PM
Totodile, F
Typha
Sig: Tides of War
Description: Typha summons the water from inside the earth to burst forth from the ground around her. Then she absorbs the soothing energies of the water before directing it away from her. This gives her attacks a *1.25 boost. Does the same for any other Water-type Pokemon that gets hit by the water. The effect lasts 2 rounds. Takes three rounds after the effect wears off to be used again. Two time use per battle
Type: Water |Accuracy: 85% (for boost), 85% (to hit opponent) |Damage: 5% |Effect: See above

Gladiator sends out Typha, the female Totodile.
SilverMachop sends out Ness, the male Abra.

Pre-Battle Conditions
Ness the male Abra: 100% health, 100% fatigue, OK
-Psychic/Disable, Thunderwave/Disable, Psychic/Disable
Typha the female Totodile: 100% health, 100% fatigue, peachy keen
-Tides of War, Screech, Hydro Pump

Begin Round 10

The scene at the Academy Awards is madness. The audience is chanting. Some are yelling “Glad-i-ator!” while others are chanting “Sil-ver-Ma-chop!” Some are just shouting “Kill! Kill! Kill!” Let’s move away from that section of the crowd.
Anyway, it seems that the trainers are ready to continue battle. Two Pokeballs are thrown to the ground and two Pokemon emerge. One is a Totodile, snarling and growling, and the other is an Abra, clad in shorts, a hat, and a t-shirt.
Totodile: Lemme at ‘im! I’ll tear him limb from limb!
Abra: Hmm…looks like a Plain Crocodile that needs taming…
Totodile begins the match by summoning powerful blasts of water from the ground. They surround her and she absorbs the soothing energies, making her slightly stronger. The water then rushes toward Abra at an alarming rate. The water slams into him hard, making him fall back a fair deal. Abra thens stops moving and concentrates heavily. A psychic blast emanates from his forehead and flies at Totodile. She is knocked back heavily, but still manages to emit an ear-shattering screech that causes Abra to cover his ears in pain. Abra can’t concentrate enough to use Psychic, but manages to fire off a weak jolt of blue electricity that paralyzes Totodile on contact. Totodile tries to fire off a single Hydro Pump, but at that moment, her muscles seize up, making her unable to summon any water. Meanwhile, Abra is having similar problems. The ringing in his ears is preventing him from using Psychic…

End Round 10

Post Battle Conditions
Ness: 92% health, 93% fatigue, ringing in ears (may end soon, may not…)
Typha: 90% health, 94% fatigue, paralyzed, Tides of War in effect for 1 more round
Stage: Wet

I raised the damage, that's why ToW and Psychic did more.

Gladiator
11th August 2003, 07:26 PM
And so Ness is soaking wet. This can only mean one thing. ICE BEAM

Typha: Pain, the Typha Way. Chapter One: How to Turn Your Opponent into a Popsicle Stick

There is something wrong with you. If Nessy is frozen then follow with Hydro Pump then Crunch. Should he block your first Ice Beam try two more times. Use Icy Wind should he use Swift.

Ice Beam-Hydro Pump-Crunch

SilverMachop
11th August 2003, 08:28 PM
This is great! Just listen to that crowd cheer! They really are rooting for you, Gladiator, for they're so loud, they sound like they are right next to me! ... Wait a minute...

*Turns around to see Lord Helmet in mid-chant.*

Lord Helmet - "Glad-i-ator! Glad-i... uh-oh."
Mercury - "We told him you'd be upset, but he would not listen!"
Helmet - "What can I say? I'm evil!"
Mastar - "Riiiiiiight."
Groucho - "Ah, Hollywood."

Ness, you're doing great! Start off with Light Screen. Follow up with the orb of destruction to keep Totodile at bay! Zap Cannon! Lastly, use Disable when she tries to Crunch you!

Subs: If she is fully paralyzed when she tries to use Crunch, use Curse. If you are frozen (which ain't good), use Bide.

The Blue Avenger
12th August 2003, 05:37 AM
Hey, dudes, I'll update when I get back from school. Hold tight.

The Blue Avenger
12th August 2003, 03:14 PM
Yeesh...my randomizer reeeeaally hated the both of you...:(

Pre Battle Conditions
Ness: 92% health, 93% fatigue, ringing in ears (may end soon, may not…)
Typha: 90% health, 94% fatigue, paralyzed, Tides of War in effect for 1 more round
Stage: Wet

Attacks:
Ness: Light Screen/Bide, Zap Cannon/Bide, Disable/Bide/Curse
Typha: Ice Beam, Hydro Pump/Ice Beam, Crunch/Ice Beam

Begin Round 11

The two Pokemon return to the field. They glare at each other, albeit painfully, as Typha is still paralyzed and Ness can't concentrate due to the loud, incessant ringing in his ears. Ness starts the match with a Light Screen. He tries to focus enough to create the wall of light, and...it fails. The ringing in his ears is still too strong. Typha tries to take advantage of this by launching an Ice Beam, but at that moment, her muscles seize up and refuse to cooperate. The crowd boos, upset at the lack of action. Ness tries to calm the agitated crowd by zapping his foe with a Zap Cannon, but the ringing again causes him to not focus. Typha tries again to launch an Ice Beam, but again her muscles refuse to work, leaving her defenseless. Ness finally tries to activate Curse, and...it works! The ringing in his ears finally stops, and he settles into a defensive crouch, causing his Attack and Defense to rise, but sharply cutting his speed. Typha tries once more to Ice Beam her un-Screeched foe, but it fails as she is fully paralyzed once again... The audience boos even louder and begins to throw trash onto the stage, hitting both Pokemon.

End Round 11

Post Battle Conditions
Ness: 87% health, 88% fatigue, Cursed
Typha: 85% health, 94% fatigue, paralyzed
Stage: Wet, audience throwing trash (5% damage per turn to both Pokemon until something amazing happens in the battle)

SilverMachop
12th August 2003, 03:23 PM
Ah, the maturity of celebrities at the Acadamy Awards. If it was not illegal, I'd sick my other Pokémon on them.

Lord Helmet - "When I conquer the foolish world, they will all suffer for this. Especially since Chicago won so many foolish awards." *Gets hit by bottle.* "OW! That's it! Who did that?! You'll suffering will be long! VERY long!"

Gladiator, we'd better please this despicable crowd; they were pleased one minute, then violent the next, the pack of brats. Ness, you use Flash, Zap Cannon and just for luck, Metronome.

Subs - If Totodile tries to use Crunch or Toxic, use Detect.

Gladiator
12th August 2003, 04:14 PM
Typha close your eyes and try to Screech one more time to upset his concentration and aim. After that, use Hydro Pump and end with Ice Beam.

Berserker: Too much noise! Rage building.

Um, Berserker should be able to handle the audience.

Typha: Must crush Abra

The Blue Avenger
12th August 2003, 06:22 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Ness: 87% health, 88% fatigue, Cursed
Typha: 85% health, 94% fatigue, paralyzed
Stage: Wet, audience throwing trash (5% damage per turn to both Pokemon until something amazing happens in the battle)

Attacks:
Ness: Flash/Detect, Zap Cannon/Detect, Metronome/Detect
Typha: Close eyes and Screech, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam

Begin Round 12

We return to the Academy Awards, where mass chaos is breaking out like a bad case of acne! The crowd is throwing trash onto the stage, the last round consisted of no physical damage, and Typha is still paralyzed! Let's see if this round will satisfy the audience. Ness stands up and begins to glow a brilliant white (PSI Flash!). The audience and Typha all see this coming. The audience manages to shut their eyes, but Typha, unfortunately, is fully paralyzed and is hit will the full Flash. She is stuck, didn't screech, and now is temporarily blinded. Oook. Abra decides to use this to his advantage and fires a strong beam of concentrated electricity. Typha is still paralyzed and again takes the blunt of the attack, which, thanks to the Tides of War earlier, hits extra hard. Typha recovers and fires a poorly aimed Hydro Pump. His blindness contributes to the near miss, but as Ness is Cursed and slow, he takes a blast of water on the shoulder (left). Ness moves back to his original spot and waggles his fingers. Ness glowed a brilliant yellow, and the sun started shining brighter...outside. It had no affect in the building. Typha takes advantage of this and fires an Ice Beam. It hits Abra dead-on and freezes him to the ground, rendering him unable to move his legs. Meanwhile, the crowd isn't angry anymore, but confused. They are chanting random Pokemon names...

End Round 12

Post Battle Conditions
Ness: 77% health, 74% fatigue, frozen to the ground (legs immobile), left shoulder sore
Typha: 70% health, 84% fatigue, blinded, paralyzed
Stage: Sunny day outside (5 more rounds), crowd chanting Pokemon names (whichever one is chanted in each round comes and attacks the competitors)

Gladiator
13th August 2003, 04:33 PM
Typha don't panic the Flash should wear out given time. He's rooted to the spot now so try to Screech one more time. Follow with Ice Beam and then Crunch.

Screech-Ice Beam-Crunch

Scoutress: Keep a sharp eye, Typha.

Berserker: Just, please, after he's fainted, DON'T try to whack him repeatedly with an ice club

Scoutress: >_< She's never done that!

Berserker: YOU never lived with her.

Scoutress: 0o0 She's twisted.

SilverMachop
13th August 2003, 06:37 PM
Wish we had PSI Rocken Omega, but unfortunately, we don't. Have to wait until you because an Alakazam.

Here's what you shoud do:

Use Psychic to keep her from Screeching (hold her mouth shut). Then use Attract, and show that Totodile while all the girls are crazy 'bout a psychic man! Lastly, use Teleport to evade her Crunch.

The Blue Avenger
13th August 2003, 08:17 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Ness: 77% health, 74% fatigue, frozen to the ground (legs immobile), left shoulder sore
Typha: 70% health, 84% fatigue, blinded, paralyzed
Stage: Sunny day outside (5 more rounds), crowd chanting Pokemon names (whichever one is chanted in each round comes and attacks the competitors)

Attacks:
Ness: Psychic, Attract, Teleport
Typha: Screech, Ice Beam, Crunch

Begin Round 13
We're back! The two opponents are staring each other down. Let's get started, shall we?
Typha opens her mouth, preparing to screcch loudly. But, Ness foresees this just in time and Psychics her mouth shut. Loud muffling is heard from her mouth, having no effect at all on Ness. Suddenly, "Steeeeeeel-ix! Steeeeeeel-ix!" is heard from the audience. A loud rumbling is heard and the ceiling caves in! A giant Steelix comes through the roof, collapsing the roof on both Pokemon. Then, as if to add insult to injury, it continues with an Earthquake, causing heavy damage. Fortunately for Ness, though, these rocks shatter his icy prison. Both Pokemon climb free of the boulders and are heavily damaged. The Sunny Day shines through. Ness uses this to his advantage and makes himself as attractive as possible. Unfortunately, Typha has already used Ice Beam, cementing his lower half to a boulder. The attract works, though, and Typha feels herself swooning. So attracted, that she couldn't bear the tought of biting dear, sweet, Ness. Ness Teleported away from the Crunch, but he was already safe.
End Round 13

Post Battle Conditions
Ness: 37% damage (Damage Caps), 60% fatigue, partially frozen (legs immobile)
Typha: 30% damage (Damage Caps), 72% fatigue, paralyzed, attracted to Ness
Stage: Completely destroyed, audience still chanting

I didn't think about that, SM, but since you've already posted attacks, I'll leave it. Next tme it comes up, though, I'll keep it in mind. Actually, I thought Abra would have just his body frozen after Teleporting. So, I fixed it to reflect that.

SilverMachop
14th August 2003, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't teleporting free Abra from the ice, since he probably would not teleport right back into the ice? I probably should have said that.

Ness, let's not attack that darling Totodile just now. Use Fire Punch on the ice to free yourself (be careful not to hit yourself!). Then use Double Team to keep from getting hit. Finish up with Thunder Punch.

Ness - "PK FIRE! PK THUNDER!"

Gladiator
14th August 2003, 04:23 PM
Berserker: Man, I hate that Abra!

Guardia (Comes out of some random kitchen, fully healed. Held between her claws is a nice juicy T-Bone. How'd she do that?): Grow up, You're just furious because she always hurts you when you tried to date her.

Berserker: Hey, how are you fully healed?

Guardia: I'm still disqualified if that's what you're wondering.

Whatever, Typha he's kind of stuck so now would be a GOOD time to use Attract on him. Then show him one of your funny (Scary) Faces. Then play hide and seek by burrowing (Dig) through and hiding under the rubble.

Typha: *Too paralyzed with love*

The Blue Avenger
14th August 2003, 05:59 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Ness: 37% damage, 60% fatigue, partially frozen (legs immobile)
Typha: 30% damage, 72% fatigue, paralyzed, attracted to Ness
Stage: Completely destroyed, audience still chanting

Attacks:
Ness: Fire Punch, Double Team, Thunder Punch
Typha: Attract, Scary Face, Dig (under boulders)

Round 14

Okay, we're back at the Academy Awards, where the set has been reduced to rubble by a rogue Steelix. Who knows what Pokemon will show up next? Let's begin!
Typha and Ness return to the stage; Typha still paralyzed AND attracted, and Ness still partially frozen. Ness begins by lighting his fist on fire. He holds it near his legs and the ice melts clear off. Ness is no longer frozen. Meanwhile, Typha is looking veeeery attractive...Ness ogles her and his thoughts become hazy. "How could I ever want to harm such a divine being?" Typha, on the other hand, is still in love with Ness and wants him to return the love. She then makes a very silly face and makes Ness laugh out loud, slowing him down quite a bit. Ness, still laughing, wants to please Typha. His line of thought was something like this: "Hmm...she likes me, I make more of myself! That'll make her happy!" He splits into 5 separate Abras. Meanwhile, the crowd is still chanting..."Blissey! (stompstompstomp) Blissey! (stompstompstomp)" A Blissey comes through the door and pulls out a bell. It rings nicely. Suddenly, both Ness and Typha feel energized. Neither of them are Attracted, and Typha isn't paralyzed. Feeling recharged, Typha burrows quickly underground, but Ness clips her on the backside with a Thunder Punch.

End Round 14
Post Battle Conditions
Ness: 37% damage, 50% fatigue, peachy
Typha: 23% damage, 64% fatigue, under the rubble
Stage: Completely destroyed, audience still chanting, Sunny Day 3 more rounds

Edit: Whoops, forgot Sunny Day.

Gladiator
16th August 2003, 08:02 AM
Keep burrowing around in the rubble. If you don't stay in one spot, there is less chance you'll get caught. If you hear the name of any Rock/Ground/Steel Pokemon get out as fast as you can. When you think you are right close to Ness get out and hit him with a Water Gun and then Ice Beam.

Burrow-Pop Out (Water Gun)-Ice Beam

Subs: Pop Out when a Ground, Rock, or Steel type Pokemon is heard. Then use Rain Dance and end with Ice Beam on the floor.

SilverMachop
16th August 2003, 01:06 PM
Did my clones go too from the Blissey's Heal Bell? I'll assume they did.

Ness, Substitute yourself (like a Teddy Bear), and make it around 15%. Finish up with Psychic x 2.

Sub: If she uses Rain Dance, give her an Encore! With all that water sloshing down, use Zap Cannon!

The Blue Avenger
16th August 2003, 05:13 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Ness: 37% damage, 50% fatigue, peachy
Typha: 23% damage, 64% fatigue, under the rubble
Stage: Completely destroyed, audience still chanting, Sunny Day 3 more rounds

Moves:
Ness: Substitute, Psychic/Encore, Psychic/Zap Cannon
Typha: Burrow/Pop out, Pop out and Water Gun/Rain Dance, Ice Beam

Begin Round 15
We're back! The Pokemon are nearing their last breath; this is down to the wire!
Ness begins by forming a clone of himself and sacrificing 15% of his health to do so. Typha, doesn't notice this and continues burrowing around under the rocks. She pops out, and finding herself near Ness, shoots a small stream of water at him...and it doesn't phase him! She hit the substitute! The real Ness focuses and shoots a blast of psychic power at Typha, nailing her head-on. Typha retaliates by Ice Beaming. She hits the substitute, breaking it. Ness throws one more Psychic at her, hitting square on. Suddenly..."Xatu! Xatu! Xatu!" A majestic Xatu flies through the roof, and fires a huge double Solarbeam. It is instantly charged thanks to Sunny Day and damages both Pokemon heavily. Did either survive?
End Round 15

Post Battle Conditions
Ness: 9% damage, 35% fatigue, peachy
Typha: KO'd!
Stage: Destroyed, audience chanting, Sunny Day 2 more rounds.

Gladiator: Send out
SM: attack
Gladiator: attack

Gladiator
16th August 2003, 08:38 PM
Should have used Hydro Pump *Pulls out a Pokeball which looks like it's heavily plated* The Moving Fortress!

Fort (Pineco, M)

(Don't know why I chose him as my starting member. He only has one crappy Bug attack. Still he has a chance against at least one of your Pokemon) We need a way to shut the audience up. Can you imagine the lawsuits?

SilverMachop
17th August 2003, 10:04 AM
Well, they can try to sue, but they gave us permission to fight here, so they can only blame themselves. Also, I'm so thrilled about how much damage has been done! :D Lord of the Rings deserved more awards, and Return of the King had better get some, or we'll do more damage! ;)

Ness, you're doing a great job. Start off with Psychic, then use Fire Punch x 2.

Gladiator
17th August 2003, 01:08 PM
I hope they continue the Dwarf tossing joke in Return of the King. That makes me laugh when I think about it.

Alright Fort, I don't know how to counter a Psychic attack so let's open up with Spiky Fortress.

Pineco, M
Fort
Sig: Spiky Fortress
Description: Pineco glows a bright blue as he adds extra armor to himself. He then makes it so that his extra armor sticks out as spikes. All physical attacks that his enemy uses on him will cause 2% damage to the attacker. Also all of Fort’s melee attacks get an *1.5 boost. Ranged attacks are not affected. The effect lasts two rounds. Takes three rounds after the effect wears off to be used again.
Type: Bug |Accuracy: 90% |Damage: 0% |Effect: See sig.

Continue by Rollout-ing in place to help protect you from Abra's Fire Punch attack and end with Headbutt.

Spike Fortress, Rollout, Headbutt.

Subs: If you hear the name of any Fire, Flying, or Rock Pokemon then use Reflect the moment you see it. Then continue with the next attack in sequence.

The Blue Avenger
17th August 2003, 01:29 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Ness: 9% damage, 35% fatigue, peachy
Fort (male Pineco): 100% health, 100% fatigue, peachy
Stage: Destroyed, audience chanting, Sunny Day 2 more rounds.

Attacks:
Ness: Psychic, Fire Punch, Fire Punch
Fort: Spiky Fortress, Rollout in place, Headbutt

Begin Round 16
We return to the Academy Awards. Ness walks slowly back onto the stage while a Pokeball is thrown. It releases a bouncy, chipper Pineco named Fort. Ness looks ready to fight to the death as does Fort.
Fort begins by armoring himself even more. He glows blue and becomes very spiky. Ness retaliates by sending a huge ball of psychic energy at Fort. He takes the blunt of the attack, but is still okay. Suddenly..."Deoxys! Deoxys! Deoxys!" A mutant space virus Psychic Pokemon teleports into the building. It unleashes a huge, almost god-like Psycho Blast. It hits both Pokemon heavily, causing major damage. It also causes the defeat of one of the combatants...
End Round 16

Post Battle Conditions
Ness: KO'd!
Fort: 75% damage, 94% fatigue, Spiky Fortress 2 more rounds
Stage: Destroyed, crowd chanting, Sunny Day 1 more round

SM: Send out
Gladiator: Attack
SM: Attack

SilverMachop
17th August 2003, 02:36 PM
*Recalls Ness.* Good job, my Abra. Paula, Jeff and Poo would be pleased.

Well, this is cruel, but I do want to win. Go, Groucho Magmarx! *Releases male Magby, who has a painted moustache on his face.*

Groucho - "Now one morning my trainer caught a Donphan in his pajamas! ... How the Donphan got in his pajamas, I dunno!"

Gladiator
18th August 2003, 04:06 PM
Meh, just as well, I'll probably forfeit this battle after Fort is KO'd. The inclusion of the audience has sucked the fun out of this battle.

Alright, Fort, continue to use Rollout to reduce the damage you take from any Fire Attacks (If Blue Avenger uses the ASB Attack List for his battles) Then follow with Headbutt and end with Spikes.

Subs: Use the same strategy as last should any Rock, Fire, or Flying Pokemon are called, use Reflect with any Fire Attack that SM calls out.

Just out of curiosty, do you remember the Dwarf Tossing references from either LOTR movie.

SilverMachop
18th August 2003, 05:51 PM
Just out of curiosty, do you remember the Dwarf Tossing references from either LOTR movie.

"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"

Hee hee hee! Best small bits of both movies are Gimli's size jokes! Gotta love 'em! :P

Anyway, here we go, Magmarx! Use Double Team to avoid the rolling, then follow up with Psychic and Iron Tail!

(On personal notes: Galdiator, please don't forfeit! :( BlueAvenger, maybe after this round, the audience could calm down?)

The Blue Avenger
18th August 2003, 07:18 PM
No, Gladiator, don't forfeit! :(

Pre Battle Conditions
Magmarx (male Magby): 100% health, 100% fatigue, peachy
Fort: 75% damage, 94% fatigue, Spiky Fortress 2 more rounds
Stage: Destroyed, crowd chanting, Sunny Day 1 more round

Attacks:
Magmarx: Double Team, Psychic, Iron Tail
Fort: Rollout, Headbutt, Spikes

Begin Round 17
The round is about to begin..oh, what's this? A guy dressed entirely in blue with a blue face mask has walked onto the stage! He looks as if he's going to address the audience...
"Look, people, stop cheering, okay? If you don't, my Mr. Mime will get medieval on the masses!"
Mr. Mime: "Ooh, nice alliteration."
"...Shut up. Oh yeah, vote for LotR, you idiots!"

Now the round begins. A fresh Magby, Magmarx, steps up to the stage, while Fort returns. Magmarx begins by creating three copies of himself. Meanwhile, Fort, still spiky, starts rolling faster and faster, until he zooms at a Magby at top speed. Unfortunatetly, he hits a clone, rushing through and destroying it. Magmarx then steps out from the other two clones and glows blue. A wave of Psychic energy blasts at Fort, causing him to stop rolling, althought the damage was reduced due to the Rollout. Fort then leaps at a Magby, executing Headbutt, and...it hits! Magmarx reels back, damaged and slightly shocked. Magmarx uses an Iron Tail, taking advantage of the close range. Magmarx's tail turns dull silver and he smacks the Pineco with it. Fort falls back and shoots spikes all over, getting rid of a clone and causing a little damage to Magmarx.
End Round 17

Post Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 89% damage, 90% fatigue, 1 clone left
Fort: 66% damage, 88% fatigue, Spiky Fortress 1 more round
Stage: Destroyed, Spikes spread, audience scared beyond all reason

SilverMachop
19th August 2003, 11:42 AM
Groucho Magmarx, you're doing great!

Use Confuse Ray to make things harder for him. Then follow up with Screech and Exploding Flames!

Sig. Move - Exploding Flames
Groucho Magmarx throws a cigar-shaped cinder at the opponent. On impact, it bursts with a powerful blast of fire, and can cause the opponent to be burned.
Type: Fire - Acc: 85% - Damage: 8% - Burn: 15%

Gladiator
19th August 2003, 03:57 PM
Do likewise. Swagger to tick him off. Then continue with Rollout. End with Headbutt. Use Reflect should he manage to use a Fire attack (Exploding Flame's you should really avoid)

Swagger-Rollout-Headbutt/Reflect

The Blue Avenger
19th August 2003, 06:39 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 89% damage, 90% fatigue, 1 clone left
Fort: 66% damage, 88% fatigue, Spiky Fortress 1 more round
Stage: Destroyed, Spikes spread, audience scared beyond all reason

Attacks:
Magmarx: Confuse Ray, Screech, Exploding Flames
Fort: Swagger, Rollout, Headbutt/Reflect

Begin Round 18

The Pokemon return to the field. Neither one shows signs of fatigue left. Can either avenge the honor of his fallen comrades?
Magmarx starts the battle by glowing bright blue. The brilliant burst of light severly confuses Fort, who, at the same time, is spitting insults at Magmarx. "This battle covers a lot of ground." *Motions to Magmarx.* "Say, you cover a lot of ground. You'd better beat it; I hear they're going to tear you down and build a office building where you're standing." The ref and Magmarx stare strangely at Fort, at which point, Magmarx, for some reason, becomes enraged and not able to think clearly. Fort decides to take this opportunity and rolls sharply at Magmarx. He breaks through the confusion for a bit and causes Magmarx to stumble backwards. His clone stumbles backwards, as well, and steps on a Spike. It immediately disappears. Magmarx tries to Screech, but instead is so riled up, he hits himself with a punch square in the forehead. Magmarx then breaks through the confusion and shoots a cinder at Fort. Fort tries to concentrate to Reflect, but confuses himself and ends up getting hurt. The cinder hits him and bursts into flames. Fort gets burned and damaged, but it rids him of the confusion.

End Round 18

Post Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 76% damage, 82% fatigue, confused
Fort: 53% fatigue, 80% fatigue, burned (4% per turn)
Stage: Destroyed, Spikes laid down, audience scared beyond all reason

Gladiator, are you still gonna forfeit?:(

Gladiator
21st August 2003, 04:01 PM
Alrght, Fort, use Reflect should he attempt any more Fire based attacks. With that out of the way, Use Rollout, Headbutt, Spikes. Try to stop yourself if he uses any shielding attacks.

SilverMachop
21st August 2003, 04:35 PM
Magmarx, use Psychic to counter the Rollout, and fling Pineco around! Then use Frustration, and finish up with Thunder Punch!

(You know, TheBlueAdvenger, I used the exact same insult for when Magmarx used Swagger on a Chansey in a different battle! ;) It's nice to know of more Marx Brothers fans out there! :D)

The Blue Avenger
21st August 2003, 06:31 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 76% damage, 82% fatigue, confused
Fort: 53% health, 80% fatigue, burned (4% per turn)

Attacks:
Magmarx: Psychic, Frustration, Thunderpunch
Fort: Rollout/Reflect, Headbutt/Reflect, Spikes/Reflect

Begin Round 18

The Pokemon return. Magmarx is still confused while Fort is charred. Fort rolls in place for a few seconds and hurls himself at Magmarx. Magmarx tries to concentrate enough to Psychic, but his confusion prevents him from doing so. Fort smashes into Magmarx, dealing severe damage. Still using the momentum from Rollout, Fort bashes Magmarx in the stomach using his head. Magmarx then releases his rage at these attacks in a savage beatdown upon Fort. Fort manages to shoot a few more Spikes around the arena, but is still being Frustrated. Finally, Magmarx leans back to zap his foe...and steps on a Spike. It causes damage and lodges into his foot, but he still follows through with the Thunderpunch. It lands, but is somewhat weakened ue to the Spike.

End Round 18

Post Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 54% health, 73% fatigue, confused, Spike in foot
Fort: 34% damage, 70% fatigue

SilverMachop
21st August 2003, 10:35 PM
Yeow, Magmarx! First off, pull that spike from your foot! Then attack with Headbutt and Flamethrower!

Groucho Magmarx - "OW! There's a spike in my foot! ... Then again, if it were in my hand, it would have been a case of spiking the punch! Har har har!"

Gladiator
22nd August 2003, 10:53 PM
NOW'S YOUR CHANCE! Toxic, Headbutt, Reflect. AWESOME!!

The Blue Avenger
22nd August 2003, 11:12 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 54% health, 73% fatigue, confused, Spike in foot
Fort: 34% damage, 70% fatigue

Attacks:
Magmarx: Pull Spike out, Headbutt, Reflect
Fort: Toxic, Headbutt, Reflect

BEGIN ROUND 19

The Pokemon return to the field, Magmarx wincing as he tries to keep his weight off of the Spiked foot. He tugs and pulls on the sharp needle, and finally manages to free it. Unfortunately, he neglects to notice the blob of purple sludge flying at him. It soaks in, leaving him badly poisoned...but free of confusion. The two Pokemon then both charge at each other, colliding with Headbutts of massive proportions. The resulting collision leaves both Pokemon heavily damaged, but still capable of battling. Magmarx breathes a stream of fire at Fort, but the attack is blocked by a Reflect. But...Fort can't concentrate long enough and is singed by the last bit of flame.

END ROUND 19

Post Battle Stats
Magmarx: 44% health, 64% fatigue, badly poisoned
Fort: 24% damage, 59% fatigue

SilverMachop
23rd August 2003, 08:01 PM
Sorry, guys, but I'll be going on vacation for a week starting Sunday. There will be no computer where I'm staying, so please don't DQ me. While I'm gone, they can announce winners for the Awards; I already know who is going to win them all (*cough*LordoftheRings*cough*) because of our... persuasive dealings on the matter.

Magmarx and Fort - "VIVA LA TOLKIN!"

See you guys in a week! :wave:

The Blue Avenger
23rd August 2003, 08:07 PM
Have a good vacation! Just be sure to post here again when you get back, 'kay? :wave:

Gladiator
23rd August 2003, 10:57 PM
Always Reflect against fire. Spikes, Headbuttx2

SilverMachop
2nd September 2003, 10:14 AM
Magmarx, attack with Psychic to throw all of those Spikes back at Fort. Then follow up with Karate Chop and Thunder Punch!

The Blue Avenger
3rd September 2003, 02:33 PM
Pre Battle Stats
Magmarx: 44% health, 64% fatigue, badly poisoned
Fort: 24% damage, 59% fatigue

Attacks
Magmarx: Psychic (Spikes), Karate Chop, Thunder Punch
Fort: Spikes, Headbutt x2

BEGIN ROUND 20!

The two Pokemon return to the field after a long rest, which did not affect their health in any way, but was still relaxing. Fort glares at Magmarx, who seems to just be standing there, waiting...waiting... Anyway, Fort decides to take advantage of this seemingly to-good-to-be-true occasion and whirls around several times, releasing more Spikes into the air. Magmarx is then surrounded by a purple aura, at which point some of the Spikes are sent back at Fort. Not all, however... While Fort is being pummeled by the sharp little objects, a few Spikes get past the Psychic attack and land near Magmarx. Magmarx doesn't notice this and steps forward, directly on the Spike. Ouch. Fort got lucky, though, and his spiky armor prevented any Spikes from sticking; they just fell to the ground surrounding Fort.

Fort and Magmarx then leap at each other and start fighting in a melee-esque manner. A Karate Chop and a Thunder Punch are thrown by Magmarx, while Fort Headbutts away. Both Pokemon fall back to the ground, heavily damaged. Meanwhile, the poison in Magmarx's veins takes even more health away...

END ROUND 20

Post Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 27% health, 50% fatigue, badly poisoned, Spike in foot
Fort: 7% health, 48% fatigue, health dangerously low

SilverMachop
3rd September 2003, 07:22 PM
Keep going, Magmarx, you're doing great! First, pull the spike out, but be on the look for an attack. Then attack with Fire Blast, and Cross Chop! If he ever uses Explosion or Selfdestruct, use Detect immediately!

Magmarx - "Pineco is starting to bug me, so I may have to fortify! ... Nah, I'll stick to the point and put my foot down! ... OW!"

Gladiator
3rd September 2003, 07:58 PM
Fort, use Spiky Fortress, while he is busy. You have enough energy to use Protect to save your *** for one last battle. Let your spikes catch his Cross Chop attack and counter with Giga Drain to hopefully keep you alive for one more battle.

Fort: This is suicide. Oh well.

Pineco, M
Fort
Sig: Spiky Fortress
Description: Pineco glows a bright blue as he adds extra armor to himself. He then makes it so that his extra armor sticks out as spikes. All physical attacks that his enemy uses on him will cause 2% damage to the attacker. Also all of Fort’s melee attacks get an *1.5 boost. Ranged attacks are not affected. The effect lasts two rounds. Takes three rounds after the effect wears off to be used again.
Type: Bug |Accuracy: 90% |Damage: 0% |Effect: See sig.

Spiky Fortress-Protect-Giga Drain

The Blue Avenger
4th September 2003, 07:30 PM
Pre Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 27% health, 50% fatigue, badly poisoned, Spike in foot
Fort: 7% health, 48% fatigue, health dangerously low

Attacks:
Magmarx: Pull Spike out, Fire Blast, Cross Chop
Fort: Spiky Fortress, Protect, Giga Drain

Begin Round 21

The Pokemon limp and roll back onto the field. Magmarx is hopping as to avoid any more pain from the Spike, and Fort is being extra careful not to get damaged, for he knows it might be his last round.
Magmarx begins the match by painfully tugging the Spike free from his foot. This causes him some minor damage, but it will be worth it in the long run. Meanwhile, Fort is glowing blue as his armor juts out of his skin, making the bagworm nigh-impenetrable.
Next, the baby Fire Pokemon inhales heavily and looses a powerful blast of scorching flames at the bug. Fort responds in turn by putting up a powerful Protect, sacrificing a great deal of fatigue to do so. However, it turns out to be beneficial to Fort, as the Fire Blast fails to touch him.
Finally, Magmarx lunges at Fort, his hand hardened in preparation for a powerful Cross Chop. While lunging, he feels his health draining away from him. Fort, meanwhile, is glowing green as his health is restored. Magmarx lands the Cross Chop, but at a cost...the armor has caught his hand. Even though Fort is damaged, Magmarx's hand was also hurt. However...Fort looks exhausted. He slumps over and rolls backwards a bit...a blue light surrounds him and he is recalled to his Pokeball.

End Round 21

Post Battle Conditions
Magmarx: 13% health, 39% fatigue, badly poisoned
Fort: KO'd

Order:
Gladiator sends out
SM attacks
Gladiator attacks

Gladiator
6th September 2003, 03:37 PM
This kind of battle makes me wish for a Chansey or Cleffa. Still...

Scoutress, make use of the field!

Considering we've got major damage to the arena, is it safe to assume that water facilities are destroyed.

SilverMachop
6th September 2003, 04:57 PM
Magmarx, use Rest, then Sleep Talk x 2.

However, if Rest is not allowed for this fight (in some of my matches, we don't use it), then use Swagger, Cross Chop, Fire Blast.

The Blue Avenger
6th September 2003, 08:32 PM
'Kay, first off, I don't see any reason Rest wouldn't be allowed; that's up to you and Gladiator.
Second, to Gladiator: Currently, there are no water facilities, but that may change if the stage is fixed.

Gladiator
6th September 2003, 09:44 PM
Typha was able to use her signature move somehow. If a hole burst through the floor, is it still there? I won't post till I know for sure.

The Blue Avenger
6th September 2003, 09:58 PM
Typha used her signature move before the set was destroyed, thus rendering water supplies gone. Since no repair crew has showed up since, I see no reason why a hole wouldn't still be there.

Gladiator
7th September 2003, 02:56 PM
Alright, Scoutress, use Thunderpunch and Headbutt x2

Use Double Team should Magby use a Fighting move or Toxic.

The Blue Avenger
8th September 2003, 03:27 PM
I ref Rest as healing completely by the end of the round, and then one round of normal sleeping, just so you know.

Pre Battle Stats
Magmarx: 13% health, 39% fatigue, badly poisoned
Scoutress the female Sentret: 100% health, 100% fatigue, peachy keen

Attacks:
Magmarx: Rest, Sleep Talk x2
Scoutress: Thunderpunch, Headbutt x2

Begin Round 22

Magmarx returns to the field slowly, as to not aggravate the poison running through his body. A Pokeball is thrown from the other side of the stage, revealing a very jumpy Sentret, a female named Scoutress.
Magmarx begins the match by falling to the ground and sleeping heavily. His Rest attack has immediate effects, as the toxic poison is expelled from his body. Scoutress scampers over to Magmarx and smashes him with an electrified fist. Magmarx shudders, but remains asleep. However, heavy paralysis sets in, but is mildly recovered by Rest.
Scoutress then Headbutts Magmarx viciously. Magmarx falls back, but still is asleep. Magmarx slowly rises to his feet and sleepwalks toward Scoutress and hits her heavily with a Dizzy Punch. Scoutress sees floating ducks, but shakes off the confusion rapidly. She Headbutts Magmarx again, who responds in turn by zapping Scoutress with a Sleep Talked Thunderpunch.

End Round 22

Post Battle Stats
Magmarx: 82% health, 27% fatigue, mildly paralysed
Scoutress: 89% health, 91% fatigue

Gladiator
8th September 2003, 10:06 PM
I can suddenly see why Rest would be banned. That's just plain abusive. I have to go to bed soon, so I'm not posting my strategy yet.

Oh yeah, SilverMachop would you continue writing that Fanfic we all love so much.

The Blue Avenger
9th September 2003, 02:43 PM
If you guys want, we can agree to limit it to one use per match...

The Blue Avenger
16th September 2003, 04:45 PM
It pains me to say so, but Gladiator has triggered the DQ time of 4 days. SM, unless Gladiator has a valid reason for not posting, I declare you the victor. I really enjoyed reffing.

Question: Am I the recipient of the reffing money as I reffed most often?

SilverMachop
16th September 2003, 06:16 PM
I looked at the Absense Tower. Gladiator has not posted there, so I guess I am the winner. This is my first victory via DQ, and for some reason, I feel a bit sad.

Magmarx, Ness, and Jar Jar, you all did great. I wish Mercury, Mastar, and Helmet could have joined in.

I'll just take my 3 Yen, since I beat three Pokémon, and I'll use my catch/evolution. Hmm, I think Jar Jar deserves to evolve (mainly because his lack of moves is murder).

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs371.png - "Mesa so happy! Mesa gonna be so bombad!"

Evolution taking place... which is it...
Hitmonchan?
Hitmonlee?
Hitmontop?

... Evolution complete.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs275.png - "Mesa Hitmonchan! Mesa beeg, bombad crusher! YEE-HAW!!"

Gladiator, it was great battling you. TheBlueAvenger, thanks for reffing. This battle is finally over, after so many months.

Gladiator
17th September 2003, 04:55 PM
It's too late anyway, but I might as well apologize, I should have said that I wanted to see what Silver Machop wanted before I made any attacks (whether Rest should be restricted), I got to think ahead of time, you know.