PDA

View Full Version : Diamond and Whatnow?

Poryhedron
19th April 2006, 09:24 PM
Something just occured to me recently. Something dreadful.
Has it actually been confirmed that the next generation's versions will be named Diamond and Pearl when they're translated into English for the Western World?
If you follow any games other than Pokémon, you've probably already noticed the trend in game franchises that get a version released on DS...

Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Lunar: Dragon Song
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

The list goes on...anyway, perhaps you've already guessed my question. What if... when these games are translated from Japanese to English, Pearl gets renamed something starting with S? Something similarly wintry-colored, like...Idunno...Silk? Just because I can't think of a good one doesn't mean NOA can't. How likely do you suppose this would be?

Dark Dragonite
19th April 2006, 09:35 PM
You're probably right, I'd just hate to see them pull a cheeseball like:
Pokemon Diamond/Silk/Pearl: The Search to Catch Them All

Razola
21st April 2006, 01:15 AM
Diamond and Sparkle

Clearly the end times are upon us.

Hatake Kakashi
24th July 2006, 08:55 PM
Pokemon: Damn!
And Pokemon: oh Snap!

Ladies and gentemen, I give you the Burn generation.

rinku
24th July 2006, 09:38 PM
I think they'd *like* to, but i can't see them being allowed to.

But for the sake of the thread: Shell

Crazy Elf Boy
27th July 2006, 05:31 AM
I think it would be Sand.

Diamond and Sparkle

Clearly the end times are upon us.

Oh no the Pokemon apocolypse is upon us run for the hills......................... omg they are coming from the hills. If you see the hills run the other way.

Chris 2.1
28th July 2006, 07:06 AM
I doubt it since the game will probably have some reference to the titles (ie, a Diamond item or a Pearl. Maybe like the Ruby and Sapphire from Fr/Lg) wait a minute...will we still get Pearls and Big Pearls? *Muses* Anyway I think they'll keep the names the same.

Poryhedron
28th July 2006, 10:15 AM
I doubt it since the game will probably have some reference to the titles (ie, a Diamond item or a Pearl. Maybe like the Ruby and Sapphire from Fr/Lg) wait a minute...will we still get Pearls and Big Pearls? *Muses* Anyway I think they'll keep the names the same.

Yeah, now that we know about Dairuga and...whatever the other one's name is, it's pretty much a given that they will be Diamond and Pearl here.