PDA

View Full Version : Blade VS. Mega Horny (Reffed by Elec Man EXE) - BATTLE COMPLETE

Blademaster
22nd April 2006, 09:20 PM
Yo, homes!

Blademaster here.

I checked the rules, and anyone can be in up to 4 battles at once, and double battles count as one battle, which means that I've got 2 spots still open! Any takers are welcome, including Mods and Vets! I just aced my Spanish presentation at school the other day, and my confidence has been boosted big-time!

So who wants some!?

Here's my conditions:

1. It'll be a 2-on-2 battle.
2. Challenger sends out first; I attack first.
3. DQ time is 4 days.
4. No moves are outlawed.
5. The arena will be the base of Mt. Cinnabar, so it'll be part rocky, part forest, and part beach/ocean - basically, a little of everything.
6. No Evolutions or Babies, please - Basic Pokes and Non-Evolvers only. Mine are (still) not evolved yet.

If you're up for it, then get down here and let's get this party started right!

-Blade

BTW, thanks to Chris 2.0 for pointing out that I can battle up to 4 times at once, not 3 like I originally thought.

Mega Horny
22nd April 2006, 09:43 PM
Heck, I'll go. I'll start with my [m] Grimer, G-Unit, who needs some EXP.

Blademaster
23rd April 2006, 01:22 PM
Oh, snap... I gotta face off against the Hawaiian Lion? Oy...

Well, MH, against your Grimer, I'll use Colonel Sanders (M), my Torchic.

"Torchic!"

Awwwwww... :keke:

Mega Horny
23rd April 2006, 01:32 PM
Very well, you going to attack?

Blademaster
23rd April 2006, 01:41 PM
Ah-yeah, but we needs a referee first.

Mega Horny
23rd April 2006, 03:12 PM
No, you can attack while you're waiting.

Blademaster
23rd April 2006, 09:46 PM
(shrugs)

OK, as you wish.

Cinnabar Base

OK, Sandy, start off with a Sunny Day to boost your stats, and then Swords Dance to up your attack. Then hit G-Unit with a Flamethrower and we'll call it a turn. If it tries to use Snatch, switch to a Rock Slide instead.

Move: Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Flamethrower
Sub: Rock Slide (as needed)

Mega Horny
24th April 2006, 06:06 AM
Ok G-unit, hes set us up. First, rain dance to darken his hopes of clear skies. Then, use thunder while hes vulnerable. Finally, flamethrower should be majorly depowered by the rain, especially on its first (and strongest) turn, so keep your distance (it wont travel too far) and get him with a shadow punch.

Rain Dance ~ Thunder ~ Shadow Punch

Elec Man EXE
24th April 2006, 01:32 PM
Tralala.... I'll ref this if thats ok with you 2.

Mega Horny
24th April 2006, 03:14 PM
Sure go ahead sparky ^^

Elec Man EXE
25th April 2006, 11:50 AM
You got it

Blademaster vs Mega Horny
Round 1

*Pre-Round*
Sandy (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr255.pngMale)
100% HP / 100% EP
Sunny Day ~ Swords Dance ~ Flamethrower
Sub: Rock Slide

G-Unit (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr088.pngMale)
100% HP / 100% EP
Rain Dance ~ Thunder ~ Shadow Punch

Arena Status: Nothing particularly interesting at the moment

*Battle*
The two trainers arrive at Mount Cinnabar, ready to wage battle with one another. Mega Horny pulls out a pokeball, quickly tossing it to the ground. It opens to reveal a pile of sludge, which takes form and shouts "Grimer!". Blademaster tries to avoid the stench emitting from the purple sludge blob, and pulls out his own pokeball. He tosses it, revealing a small fire chicken, Sandy the Torchic. He puffs out a small bit of fire and glances at his trainer.

The 2 trainers shout their first set of commands, and the pokemon quickly nod and face one another.

Sandy closes his eyes, concentrating as a faint orange aura surrounds his body. Suddenly, the few clouds lining the skies clear away, and the rays of the sun seem to intensify. Sandy smiles, basking in the hot sun. G-Unit will have none of that, though. He also concentrates, an aura of blue surrounding him. As mysteriously as they disappeared, the clouds return, blanketing the sky. A few claps of thunder are heard as the heavens open, pouring water over the arena. G-Unit grins at Sandy, who isn't so happy with this weather change.

Not ready to let the sludge pokemon get the best of him, Torchic again concentrates. As he does, he begins spinning rapidly, seeming to be in a trance. The poison type wastes no time, seeing his chance. His body begins sparking furiously as he channels electricity through his body. He lets out a cry as he sends a powerful bolt of electricity arcing toward the spinning fire type. Still in his trance, he doesn't make a sound as the electricity courses through his body, though he certainly feels it. As he stops spinning, he appears very focused, and glares intensly at G-Unit.

As Sandy considers his next order, he is a bit leery on how well it will work, but loyal to his trainers' order he quickly opens his mouth and exhales, sending a stream of fire toward Grimer. The flames steam and shrink under the pouring rain, and by the time they reach the sludgey pokemon they are signfigantly diminished. G-Unit winces a bit as the remaining flames scald his body, but he quickly recovers. Using his control of ghostly energy, he phases down into the ground. Sandy looks a bit confused, until G-Unit phases out of the ground behind him and slams his fist into the back of the chickens head. He tumbles forward, then pulls himself up and turns around to see the sludge pokemon grinning evily.

As the rainfall continues, the 2 pokemon glare at one another. Both can sense that this is going to be an interesting battle, and they are determined to win.

*Post-Round*
85% HP / 84% EP
Status: Focused (Physical Attacks more intense, 2 rounds), not enjoying the weather

96% HP / 82% EP

Arena Status: Rain falling (2 more rounds), ground is slowly getting muddy

Mega Horny
25th April 2006, 04:04 PM
Start with an acid armor, protecting yourself from those 'dreaded' physical attacks and use minimize to slink udnerneath Torchic in your liquid form. If it tries to shake the ground, or use a ground attack in general, use secret power to lift yourself up above. Then, once you're underneath, jump up int its fur and use a Giga Drain from up close. If he tries to shake you off, freeze your fists to his body with ice punch -- it will be easy since you're small. Plus YOU can break it easily whenever you want. If he tries OVerheat or a full body fire attack hell just hurt himself -- hes a chicken -- not fire resistant. Hed have to hurt himself to get that close in. So jump off and watch him burn.

Acid Armor ~ Minimize ~ giga Drain

Subs: Secret Power ~ Ice Punch ~ ANtioverheat tactics

Blademaster
25th April 2006, 04:18 PM
Hmmmmmm...

Arena

OK, Sandy, start off with a Sunny Day to juice up your flame attacks again, and then use Fire Spin to trap G-Unit before it can get close to you (coughcoughFantasticFourcough). If that stops it, finish with a Rock Slide - the boost from your Swords Dance should cancel out the boost of its Acid Armor.

If Fire Spin doesn't stop it for any reason, use Dig to get away from it as much as you can.

Move: Sunny Day, Fire Spin, Rock Slide
Sub: ---------------, Dig, Dig

Elec Man EXE
1st May 2006, 12:35 PM
Back in business, woot.

The attack list is down at the moment, but I think I have the effects for Acid Armor right.

Round 2

*Pre-Round*
85% HP / 84% EP
Status: Focused (Physical Attacks more intense, 2 rounds), not enjoying the weather
Sunny Day ~ Fire Spin ~ Rock Slide
Sub: Dig (Digging chicken :XD: )

96% HP / 82% EP
Acid Armor ~ Minimize ~ Giga Drain
Subs: Secret Power / Ice Punch

Arena Status: Rain falling (2 more rounds), ground is slowly getting muddy

*Battle*
Under the falling rain, the 2 trainers issue their commands to their respective pokemon. The 2 nod, and turn to face each other.

Sandy starts this round off. Gazing to the sky, a faint red aura surrounds his body. The clouds in the sky slowly dissipate, making way for the intense sunlight to bake the arena. The fire type smiles, much happier in the sun than heavens teardrops. Meanwhile, G-Unit takes advantage of the turn. He concentrates as his body liquifies, letting him sink down to the ground as nothing more than a puddle of purple goo. Torchic glances questioningly at the puddle, not exactly sure where his opponent went as he was busy changing the weather.

Suddenly, Grimer in liquid form starts moving toward the chicken, at the same time shrinking down. Smart enough to know that puddles don't usually move, Sandy grins. He quickly blows out a stream of fire toward the ground. Upon contact, the fire begins spinning, creating a mini-tornado of searing flames. Already quite small, G-Unit is easily scooped up by the flaming vortex, trapped within its spinning flames. He lets out a low-pitched cry as the flames surround him, scorcing his body.

Wasting no time, Sandy gets ready to attack. The volcano features plenty of suitable projectiles, so it takes little time for Sandy to find a nice stack of rocks. His focus allows him to lift bigger rocks than he would normally be able to, using a combination of his claws for smaller ones and his entire body for the larger ones. He sends a barrage of rock projectiles flying toward the spinning flame tower. Trapped within, G-Unit gets pelted by a them. The rocks also cause the fire to dissipate, sending the still liquified sludge pokemon hurtling to the ground with a splat. Now unspotted by Torchic, he carefully makes his way under him, and climbs up his leg onto his body (how can something with no legs jump? :wink: ). Temporarily reforming himself, he bites into Sandy, draining him of a bit of energy before turning back to goo once again. Sandy of course feels the bite, and tries to locate the sludge pokemon on his body.

As Sandy continues trying to locate the annoying G-Unit, the sludge pokemon laughs to himself in his head.

*Post-Round*
80% HP / 66% EP

83% HP / 63% EP
Status: Liquified, minimized (turns back to normal size after 1 turn), on Sandy's body

Arena Status: Sun shining brightly (2 rounds), ground is a bit damp but quickly drying

Mega Horny
1st May 2006, 01:20 PM
What? In the anime pokemon who use acid armor can move and jump around and stuff. All it does is turn the pokemon into liquid form like in Terminator Two, not into a puddle of nothingness.

Elec Man EXE
1st May 2006, 06:24 PM
It can still move, and it did. The pokemon itself can't really jump though... legs are a major part of jumping. I suppose it could kind of hurl itself into the air, though. Had the same effect though *shrug*

Mega Horny
1st May 2006, 07:12 PM
Right, I meant in terms of the flamethrower when you said "Smart enough to know that puddles don't usually move, Sandy grins. He quickly blows out a stream of fire toward the ground. " But its cool. Your move, Blade.

Blademaster
1st May 2006, 09:40 PM
OK, here we go!

Volcano

Sandy, use a high-speed Quick Attack to shake off that Grimer, and then use Flamethrower to scorch it good. After that, use Seismic Toss to hurl it into the water - if G-Unit is anything like rubber, rapidly cooling it when it's hot should make it a lot harder for it to move.

If it tries to use Rain Dance, counter with a quick Sunny Day; if it tries to use a super-effective or Poison-inducing attack, use Protect.

Move: Quick Attack, Flamethrower, Seismic Toss
Sub: Sunny Day (as needed), Protect (as needed)

Mega Horny
2nd May 2006, 05:54 AM
Ok Grimer, again, freeze yourself to him with ice punch, which should be good enough to stop quick attack. Then, seeing as you're still stuck to him and are extremely tiny, I doubt he will want to exhale a large stream of fire into his stomach. So while he wastes that move, send a shock wave through him. An attack like thunderbolt might hurt you too, but shock wave is accurate. Use that accuracy to shock his body in areas that you are not touching. Then, seeing as your ice is probqbly melted, hop off and use toxic. Sure, he will use protect, but thats my point. Toxic will lose me a miniiscule amount of energy while he uses up a ton on protect and in turn doesnt use seismic toss. w00t.

Ice Punch ~ Shock Wave ~ Toxic

Elec Man EXE
2nd May 2006, 02:37 PM
That wasn't meant to show that Grimer wouldn't be able to move. It was more like Sandy wasn't sure where G-Unit was, since there were some other puddles from the rain and he didn't see him use the attack initially, but then when G-Unit started moving Sandy was able to tell that it wasn't a normal puddle.

I never realised how wierd Torchic's moveset was. A bird with no arms using Seismic Toss? Or Mega Punch? :xd:

But I digress...

Round 3

*Pre-Round*
80% HP / 66% EP
Quick Attack ~ Flamethrower ~ Seismic Toss
Sub: Sunny Day / Protect

83% HP / 63% EP
Status: Liquified, minimized (turns back to normal size after 1 turn), on Sandy's body
Ice Punch ~ Shock Wave ~ Toxic

Arena Status: Sun shining brightly (2 rounds), ground is a bit damp but quickly drying

*Battle*
Now under the intense heat of the sun, the 2 pokemon glare at each other... or they would if G-Unit wasn't clinging on to Sandy's underside. The trainers shout their commands as the pokemon nod.

Under coaching of his trainer, Sandy stops looking for the tiny sludge pokemon, instead focusing on getting the little annoyance off. He starts rushing around the arena nimbly, hoping to use his speed to cause the tiny poison type to fall. But before he can fall off, G-Unit focuses ice energy into his fist, which emerges from his liquid body. A cold blue aura surrounds it as he slams it into Torchic's body. It freezes on contact, and Grimer holds his fist in place, making sure he won't fall. Sandy continues rushing around for a while, trying to ignore the sharp sting of the punch, but soon gives up. He's really annoyed by now.

The fire chicken thinks hard, trying to figure out how he can attack what he can't see or reach. But, a solution presents itself shortly. G-Unit, unable to hold his body at this size without intense concentration (like using the attack again), suddenly begins to grow back to normal size. As he grows, he is unable to keep himself on Sandy, and he falls to the ground, still liquified. Sandy hears the splatter of G-Unit hitting the ground, and looks down to see the liquified sludge pokemon on the ground. He quickly takes advantage of the situation, jumping back away from the sludge while exhaling a searing stream of flames. Grimer grunts as the flames torch his body. Angry, he starts sparking, channeling electric energy. He shoots off a series of small bolts, which zap Sandy as he winces.

Sandy continues to look at the liquid, wondering how he would go about throwing a blob of liquid anyway. While he does so, G-Unit builds up a glob of poison from his body. He quickly sends it flying toward the fire type. Acting quickly, Sandy closes his eyes, concentrating. A transparent, orb-shaped shield forms around his body. The ball of sludge splatters harmlessly over the shield, being absorbed into the ground as Sandy drops the shield, unharmed. G-Unit chuckles at Sandy.

As the sun continues brightly beating down on the arena, Sandy takes a moment to bask in the heat, ignoring the annoying liquid pokemon as the round closes.

*Post-Round*
70% HP / 48% EP

72% HP / 50% EP

Arena Status: Sun shining brightly (1 round), ground is now completely dry

Blademaster
2nd May 2006, 03:12 PM
I really thought a Quick Attack would be able to out-draw an Ice Punch... Sigh...

Well, what's done is done, as they say. Your move, Mega.

Mega Horny
2nd May 2006, 03:22 PM
do you think a chicken with a frozen wing could make the ice come off by merely running? Ok, begin by molding into a sharp point and knock Sandy away with a swords dance. Follow up with a STABbed Sludge Bomb, goign for a poison and try to surprise/blind him. Then, take that chance to leap forth and hit him with an aerial ace. If he tries to use a physical move, use counter at the end. If he tries a long distance fire move, like flamethrower, slink underneath/away in your Sludge form. Since hes still a very small and weak turkey thing, it wont be a huge stream and you should be able to evade it easily, due to your small form. Remember, acid armor increases defense, you didnt list that in the reffing and minimize also decreases acurracy. Just making sure you take those into account.

SD ~ Sludge Bomb ~ Aerial Ace

Subs: Counter ~ Sludge

EDIT: posted actions

EDIT2: Notified Edit 1

Blademaster
2nd May 2006, 03:25 PM
No, I mean that Quick Attack always strikes first in the game; I'd assumed that Sandy would be able to build up speed and shake off G-Unit before it could throw an Ice Punch.

Mega Horny
2nd May 2006, 03:37 PM
His hands were already buried deep within Torchics fur. There was no 'throwing' involved.

ok.

Blademaster
2nd May 2006, 07:57 PM
I wasn't complaining.

Volcano

Sandy, he just called you a weak turkey thing!? Don't stand for that! :mad2:

Wait for it to start using Swords Dance, and then use a Fire Blast to scorch it good - it won't be able to escape after the move starts; then, when it tries to use Sludge Bomb, evade it with Double Team. When it tries to use Aerial Ace, let it get in close, and then hit it with a Mega Kick.

Move: Fire Blast, Double Team, Mega Kick

Mega Horny
2nd May 2006, 08:26 PM
In terms of the fire blast, remember back to the anime epi in which Ash fights Bugsy. How well did his fire attcks fare against Swords Dance?

Elec Man EXE
3rd May 2006, 12:57 PM
Yah, I'm familiar with the effects of anime-style Swords Dance. The only problem is that Grimer doesn't learn Swords Dance... or Aerial Ace and Counter for that matter. You must've been looking at some other pokemon's 'dex entry or something.

Round 4

*Pre-Round*
70% HP / 48% EP
Fire Blast ~ Double Team ~ Mega Kick

72% HP / 50% EP
Swords Dance ~ Shock Wave ~ Toxic
Sub: Counter / Sludge

Arena Status: Sun shining brightly (1 round), ground is now completely dry

*Battle*
As the sun continues beating down on the arena, the two trainers shout out another round of commands to their pokemon. They nod, though G-Unit appears a bit confused.

G-Unit considers his first move... he was ordered to use Swords Dance, but he lacks the ability to perform such an attack. He frowns to himself. Sandy waits for a sufficient amount of time, waiting for Grimer to start spinning... but he just stands there looking blankly at the sky. The fire type runs out of patience and inhales deeply, building up an orb of fiery energy. He fires the red-hot orb forward, and as it flies through the air it bursts into the shape of a kanji, searing the air all around it. G-Unit tries to sink down and dodge the flames, but its too little too late. He cries out as the flames scorch him.

As G-Unit shakes off the pain of the enhanced fire, Sandy quickly concentrates. He closes his eyes, and 2 clones fade into existance to his side. All the open their eyes and cluck at Grimer, daring him to make a move. The sludge pokemon starts building up a blob of sludge from his body with his hands. He lets out a cry as whips his hand forward, sending the poisonous glob flying toward the trio of chickens. The projectile scores a direct hit on the center Torchic, which disappears without a trace. The sludge splatters on the ground nearby, splashing the remaining 2 fire types. One of them fades out just as it came, and the real Sandy lets out a muffled groan as the poison splatters on his backside. He shakes the sludge off before glaring at G-Unit.

Once again, G-Unit thinks about his order questioningly. He can barely get himself off the ground, and certainly can't attack from the air... as he ponders, Sandy starts running toward him, intending to attack at close-range. The sludge pokemon considers his secondary order, but he lacks the capability to perform a counterattack either. Having no option available, he simply waits for the inevitable assault. Reaching his target, Sandy makes a short hop into the air, energy channeled into her foot. He whips it forward, executing a powerful kick right to the head of the sludge pokemon. G-Unit is knocked backward from the force and falls to the ground a short distance away. Sandy grins, though kicking a ball of sludge wasn't exactly the best experience, but the attack was fast enough that he didn't get too much of the nasty stuff on his foot.

As the round draws to a close, the intense sunlight appears to lessen. The 2 pokemon look at one another, neither wanting to give up this battle.

*Post-Round*
64% HP / 31% EP

51% HP / 52% EP

Arena Status: Sunlight has faded

Mega Horny
3rd May 2006, 01:10 PM
hmmm, odd, I was so tired I must have been reading Torchic's file instead.

Blademaster
3rd May 2006, 04:14 PM
hmmm, odd, I was so tired I must have been reading Torchic's file instead.

:lol:

That's OK, bud - these things happen to the best of us. We can re-do the round if you want - it didn't seem to go so well for you and G-Unit. :-/

Mega Horny
3rd May 2006, 05:01 PM
Thats very courteous of you Blade, but whats done is done and I'm a man of honor and I don't want to waste anymore of our ref's time. I still have my second pogey in waiting anyway, and as they say, it ain't over 'til you're in a match against TBA. Or something like that.

I believe it is your move?

Blademaster
4th May 2006, 04:06 PM
(shrugs)

OK, Mega, whatever you want. You seem to do better than me when you go second anyway, so I guess it kinda evens out. :p

Volcano

OK, Sandy, start the round off with Aerial Ace - try to hit-and-run more than once if you can, for some added damage. Then, use a double-Flamethrower to boil that Grimer.

If G-Unit tries any physical attacks, use Counter. If it uses Toxic, Protect yourself. And if it uses Rain Dance at any time, wait for it to start the move, and then counter with Sunny Day.

Move: Aerial Ace, Flamethrower, Flamethrower
Sub: Counter (as needed), Protect (as needed), Sunny Day (as needed)

Mega Horny
4th May 2006, 04:40 PM
Mweh heh heh. Toxic x3.

Since Im ahead in energy, I should take this chance and be cheap. While toxic usually costs 3-4% in terms of energy, at least the way I've usually seen it, protect usually takes 10% exactly, and with the added push from using it 3 time in a row, and also the fact that it fails in sucession, that will be more than enough to end this round.

Elec Man EXE
5th May 2006, 12:34 PM
Cheapness FTW! Easy to ref anyway... :o

And BTW, since you seem to be going for an energy KO, I should mention this...

I hate energy KO's, and I don't ref them as such. If a pokemon gets to 0% EP, they will take a mandatory 3-turn (full round if the run out at the end) period where they can take no action, after which they will regain 30% EP and the fight continues normally. Certainly not a good thing to have 3 turns where your opponent can use his most powerful attacks without any fear, but not quite an insta-KO.

Round 5

*Pre-Round*
64% HP / 31% EP
Aerial Ace ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower
Subs: Counter / Protect / Sunny Day

51% HP / 52% EP
Toxic ~ Toxic ~ Toxic

Arena Status: Sunlight has faded

*Battle*
As this next round begins, the two trainers try to figure out their next moves. The two shout their commands, and their 2 pokemon nod quickly in reply.

Sandy starts the round off, taking to the air with his small wings. He makes a beeline toward G-Unit at a high speed, leaving a trail of wind behind. G-Unit ignores the assault and starts building up a particularly strong glob of poison in his gaping maw (more people need to use the word maw :p). Remembering his other order, Sandy does his best to stop his assault, digging his feet into the ground and sliding a good distance, instead deciding to put concentrate, forming a protective barrier around his body. A translucent orb surrounds him as G-Unit lets his toxic attack fly. It splatters harmlessly on the shield, falling to the ground as Sandy lets the energy dissipate.

Grimer smiles, seeing his plan working. He again starts building up for a strong poison attack. And just as expected, Sandy again starts to errect an energy barrier around his body. He strains himself to errect the shield, visually appearing much more difficult in succession. The transparent shield covers him once more, as G-Unit again hurls the poisonous sludge toward him. Again it bounces off, as harmlessly as the first, in effect anyway. But Sandy is tiring rapidly from the stress of shielding.

Grimer chuckles to himself this time, taking a sick pleasure in seeing the chicken exausting himself. And ready to continue this strategy, he starts building yet another toxic blob within his mouth. Sandy groans and starts trying again to concentrate enough energy into a protective shield. The process is getting continually slower, though, and this time he is unable to put up the energy in time. G-Unit lets loose his poison attack, and Sandy cries out as the poison splatters all over his body, sinking in to his vital systems. Being hit by the attack, Sandy stops focusing and lets the energy dissipate, breathing extremely heavily.

He continues heavily breathing, along with wincing as the poison courses throughout his blood stream. Meanwhile G-Unit smiles evily.

*Post-Round*
62% HP / 7% EP
Status: Intoxicated (2% this round, +2% each round), exausted

51% HP / 42% EP

Arena Status: A decent amount of Toxic goo splattered around where Sandy stands

Mega Horny
5th May 2006, 03:26 PM
Well, I dont really find that fair because that wasnt notified before the match, and then it could just go on forever. When I accepted this, Blademaster, the 'host' did not mention and unordinary rules such as this, and again, that kind of makes the point of energy lose its purpose, thus giving attacks like flamethrower and ember no strategy when you can just use Overheat.

Blademaster
5th May 2006, 03:58 PM
Hey, keep me outta this - I didn't ask for any special treatment and I didn't make any fancy rules... Well, OK, I did, but that wasn't one of them. :redface:

Besides, if Mega Horny can be man enough to not accept a re-do last round, then I can be man enough to...um...

I dunno - look, just deep-six the energy thing, OK? Keep the battle going as normal.

Mega Horny, it's your turn, I think.

Mega Horny
5th May 2006, 10:10 PM
Our friend will have enough trouble trying to relax with poison aching away, so just use as many Giga Drains as it takes to siphon out the last of his energy, suck out his endorfins. Then chill.

Giga Drain ~ Chill x2

Subs: Giga Drain

Blademaster
6th May 2006, 02:44 PM
Crap...

Volcano

Well, Sandy, you did well - I'm proud of ya, as always. Might as well go out with a bang...

Reversal x3

Move: Reversal, Reversal, Reversal

Elec Man EXE
8th May 2006, 12:30 PM
*sigh* All right, I'll treat energy in the conventional "reaching 0% resaults in a KO" way then.

I just prefer it not to, but if its going to cause problems, its not worth it.

Round 6

*Pre-Round*
62% HP / 7% EP
Status: Intoxicated (2% this round, +2% each round), exausted
Reversal ~ Reversal ~ Reversal

51% HP / 42% EP
Giga Drain ~ Giga Drain ~ Giga Drain
Sub: Chill

Arena Status: A decent amount of Toxic goo splattered around where Sandy stands

*Battle*
As the trainers carefully consider their next action, Sandy continues heavily breathing, nearing her breaking point. Still, the 2 pokemon nod as their trainers shout their commands.

Intending to make Sandy exaust himself, G-Unit rushes forward, leaving a trail of sludge behind him. Sandy watches his approach, hoping to get 1 last attack off. As the Grimer reaches his target, he grabs onto the small fire type with his hands, and then latches his mouth onto him. His body and Sandy's begin to glow a faint greenish shade as he drains the tired pokemon's health away into himself. Ready to make his final move and having the sludge pokemon right where he wants him, Sandy begins rapidly kicking at G-Unit, using her disadvantage to power his assault as his eyes glow brightly. The poison type falls backwards under the assault, splattering to the ground.

As Sandy ceases his attack, he breathes very heavily before collapsing on the ground. Lacking the energy to fight further, he is recalled by his trainer, who considers what pokemon to use next as G-Unit reforms himself and grins, quite happy with himself.

*Post-Round*
57% HP / 0% EP

41% HP / 40% EP

Arena Status: Nothing unusual

Blademaster
8th May 2006, 04:06 PM
(recalls Sandy)

Good work, little guy (Yes, GUY! :mad2:). Take five...

OK, Mega, time for Round 2! I choose Phoebe!

(tosses Pokeball; Ralts pops out)

"Ralts!"

Mega Horny
10th May 2006, 08:12 PM
oh, so is that how its gonna be?

Lets begin by shocking our miniscule friend here with a thunderbolt, hopefully giving him a headache, and follow by lighting his weird hat thing up with a flamethrower to scare him (I believe Ralts are very timid) and finally, knock him back with a dynamicpunch!

EDIT: it should have a better chance of hitting due to ralts bright coloring and the massive flames rising from his head.

Blademaster
11th May 2006, 05:12 PM
oh, so is that how its gonna be?

No, I don't like relying on type advantage, but the only other Pokemon I have are a Beldum and a Magikarp, so my options are somewhat limited...

And Phoebe is a girl, thank you very much! :mad2:

Junkyard

Phoebe, Teleport behind G-Unit to dodge its Thunderbolt, then use Will-O-Wisp to burn it at point-blank range. Then, use a point-blank Psychic to finish the round.

Move: Teleport, Will-O-Wisp, Psychic

Elec Man EXE
15th May 2006, 12:27 PM
Round 7

*Pre-Round*
Phoebe (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr280.pngFemale)
100% HP / 100% EP
Teleport ~ Will-O'-Wisp ~ Psychic

41% HP / 40% EP
Thunderbolt ~ Flamethrower ~ Dynamic Punch

*Battle*
Blademaster reluctantly recalls his fallen Torchic, grumbling something about cheap strategies as he reaches for his second pokeball. With a quick toss, the ball opens to reveal a small Ralts named Phoebe. The little psychic type looks a bit uncomfortable with all the hostile feelings in the air (read Ralts' pokedex entry), but is determined to help her trainer win the battle. Blademaster shouts his commands to the fresh pokemon, and Horny does the same with his beaten but still determined Grimer.

G-Unit wastes no time studying the psychic pokemon, instead hoping to immedietly bring on the pain. He begins channeling electricity through his sludgy body, sparking vigorously. With a shout he fires the electric bolt toward the small psychic type. She grins shyly, as her body glows faintly. In a flash, she disappears from sight. The bolt of electricity flies at the now blank spot, harmlessly striking the ground a distance away with a crackle. Phoebe appears with another flash behind G-Unit, making sure to be quiet to avoid detection.

Ready to launch her own attack, Phoebe holds up her arms, gathering fire energy into her open palms. After a second, she puts her palms together, causing the fire energy to burst into a blue flame between them. With a fluid motion she whips her hands forward, sending the ball of azure flame flying toward the sludge pokemon. She lets out a cry at the same time, and G-Unit turns around just in time to have the flame slam right into his face. He yells as his very flamable sludge body in engulfed in searing blue fire. The blaze soon extinguishes itself, but the effect is achieved, and Grimer's whole body aches with intense burns. He groans in pain, and angry, turns his attention to the grinning psychic type. The toxic pokemon inhales, building up flames in his body before blowing out a hot stream of at Phoebe. She holds her hands over her head as the fire surrounds her, frying her fragile body. As the flames dissipate she wimpers a bit as she looks at the big sludge pokemon in front of her.

Trying to ignore the pain he's experiencing, G-Unit starts to gather disruptive energy into his right fist. Phoebe acts quickly, not wanting to have any part in the Grimer's attack. Using her natural psychic ability, she creates a growing burst of psionic energy toward G-Unit. As the energy connects, Grimer is thrown backwards, landing on the ground with a splatter a fair distance away. His gathered chi on his fist dissipates in the process, and as he pulls himself up from the ground he grunts in pain, the psychic blast particularly painful to his poison body structure.

G-Unit hunkers down, still trying to block out the pain from his burns. Phoebe smiles at her trainer, showing her confidence in defeating her new foe.

*Post-Round*
92% HP / 89% EP

26% HP / 25% EP

Blademaster
15th May 2006, 02:48 PM
Volcano

Phoebe, use Mud Slap to cloud that Grimer's vision, and then hit it with 2 Confusion attacks - that should whittle away at its health really nicely...

In case of a Toxic attack, Teleport out of the way.

Move: Mud Slap, Confusion, Confusion
Sub: Teleport (as needed)

Mega Horny
15th May 2006, 03:55 PM
hmm, that was a pretty powerful psychic for a Ralts.

hah, mud slap? You practically are mud. it should soak into you and not do damage, becoming part of you, making you stronger. Then, throw it back at him. Afterwards, grab his head, extending your arm and squeeze it with a shadow punch so he cant us confusion. Then use Zap Cannon on his brain from point blank, since you wont miss. Paralyzation ^^

Retaliate ~ Shadow Punch ~ Zap Cannon

Chris 2.1
15th May 2006, 04:27 PM
You practically are mud. it should soak into you and not do damage, becoming part of you, making you stronger. Then, throw it back at him. Afterwards, grab his head, extending your arm and squeeze it with a shadow punch so he cant us confusion. Then use Zap Cannon on his brain from point blank, since you wont miss. Paralyzation ^^

I've seen a lot of this and it really irritates me. You cannot, under any circumstances dictate what will happen during the course of the match like that especially in a situation like this, where the issue is so diverse. Grimer is toxic sludge. Show me the logic behind sludge absorbing mud, dealing no damage or causing no strain and making the Pokemon stronger.

If you type that out, that can pressure the ref to abide by what you say. "Oh...he wants the mud to merge into him...well, I suppose that could happen"

Please don't do it again. I think "Grimer, take the attack. That mud won't do too much damage" is a good enough attack command.

Although ground is super effective against poison so take that as you will.

Mega Horny
15th May 2006, 04:30 PM
Sorry, when i dictated why i chose the actions, i didnt mean to order the ref to do anything. Sorry.

Chris 2.1
15th May 2006, 04:31 PM
As a battler there are no shoulds and woulds, only coulds.

Blademaster
15th May 2006, 05:48 PM
Phoebe is a girl... How many guys do you know with that name... :sweat:

Mega Horny
15th May 2006, 07:24 PM
As a battler there are no shoulds and woulds, only coulds.

Ok :redface:

I wont do it again

Oh, and i know thousands of guys named Phoebe

Edit: I'm flattered, but I'm not your boss!

Elec Man EXE
17th May 2006, 12:17 PM
Round 8

*Pre-Round*
92% HP / 89% EP
Mud Slap ~ Confusion ~ Confusion

26% HP / 25% EP
Retalliate ~ Shadow Punch ~ Zap Cannon

*Battle*
The pokemon look to their trainers, who issue the next series of commands as the 2 nod. They face each other, each wanting to prove themself the better.

Pheobe acts first, gathering a bit of dirt from the ground and spitting in it (hey, its gotta be mud :p) before hurling it at G-Unit. As ordered, he poises himself to take the attack full force, hoping it won't have much of an effect. Pheobe's aim is good, and the mud hits the sludge pokemon square in the face, getting in his eyes as well. He grunts a bit, trying to clear his eyes by blinking. His vision is blurred, but he see's what he assumes to be Phoebe and gathers his own dirt, mixing it with his own sludge to turn it to mud. He shouts as he hurls it at Phoebe, and his aim is suprisingly good for being half blinded. The mud splatters on the little psychic, but luckily the shield on her head keeps it from going in her eyes.

Hoping to stop the oncoming attack despite his visual impairment, G-Unit sinks into the ground, using the shadows to move behind Ralts. She looks around, trying to sense the sludge pokemon's location, until suddenly a sludgey fist grabs her shoulder. Assuming he has the head, G-Unit squeezes as commanded. Phoebe looks at the Grimer strangely for a second before her eyes glow, causing the air to ripple with a strange light. The psionic waves hit G-Units mind, causing him to release his grip and hold his head, trying to drown out the waves of psychic energy.

The white psychic type grins, ready for another psychic attack. As she does, G-Unit starts building up an electrical current between his hands, channeling electricity into an orb. Ralts' eyes shine as the air shimmers for a second time, again scrambling the thoughts the poison type. Trying his best to finish his attack, Grimer throws the orb of electricity... into thin air. The disorientation from Phoebe's attack coupled with the remaining mud in G-Unit's eyes threw off his aim quite a bit. The electric energy ball flies into the distance, becoming nothing but a speck in the sky. Phoebe giggles at the failed attack.

As the round draws to an end, Grimer manages to fully clear his vision, though both his body and his mind are quickly weakening. Phoebe just looks on, able to feel G-Units discomfort and knowing that he is nearing his breaking point.

*Post-Round*
87% HP / 83% EP

5% HP / 12% EP

Mega Horny
17th May 2006, 06:15 PM
Ok, begin by spreading your body wide and enveloping ralts with your body slam. Then, try and create a massive explosion around him.

body slam ~ Explosion x2

(replace body slam with explosion if he uses an attack that might foil my plans via fainting me early)

Elec Man EXE
17th May 2006, 07:16 PM
How can you explode twice :eek:

Blademaster
17th May 2006, 08:02 PM
My. Ralts. Is. A. GIRL!!!! :mad2:

Volcano

Phoebe, mind over matter - use Confusion as fast as you can to throw it away (That's what Confusion does in the anime, I think - it levitates and tosses.), but be gentle - G-Unit's on the verge of collapsing, anyway. No sense in hurting the poor thing more than it has to be...

That attack should faint it, so relax the rest of the round. If it's still standing (or whatever Grimers do) after that, use Confusion again.

Move: Confusion, Relax, Relax
Sub: .................., Confusion, .........

Elec Man EXE
18th May 2006, 12:44 PM
Confusion just seems to be a mini-Psychic in the anime, I much prefer the ASB description where its actually a completely different attack.

Round 9

*Pre-Round*
87% HP / 83% EP
Confusion ~ Relax / Confusion ~ Relax

5% HP / 12% EP
Body Slam ~ Explosion ~ Explosion :confused:

*Battle*
Phoebe senses that G-Unit is close to defeat, and the trainers know it too. MH orders a last-ditch effort to do some damage, while Blade tries to counter that effort. Ralts nods calmly, and G-Unit grunts.

Still close to one another, G-Unit crouches down, ready to jump into the air and try and flatten the little psychic type. But she's really not in the mood to be squashed, and her eyes shimmer as she sends a psychic force through the air. As the psionic power hits G-Unit, he struggles to maintain conciousness long enough to pull of an attack. Try as he may, however, he is quickly overtaken by the strain of battle, and collapses into a puddle of sludge on the ground.

Phoebe smiles and waves to her trainer, as Mega Horny contemplates his next pokemon choice carefully.

*Post-Round*
87% HP / 94% EP

0% HP / 12% EP

Mega Horny will choose his pokemon, then Blade attacks then Horny attacks.

Mega Horny
18th May 2006, 03:40 PM
Explosionx2 means more power put into the attack, for future reference.

Also, i said change explosion one spot earlier if he tried a move that would faint me.

Blademaster
18th May 2006, 03:51 PM
Well, yeah, but by the time Phoebe had used Confusion, G-Unit had already started his Body Slam - he couldn't instantly change it to Explosion...

Mega Horny
18th May 2006, 03:56 PM
Whatever. Youre going down now. I call upon Keith Richards, my male Aerodactly (shiny).

Elec Man EXE
19th May 2006, 10:17 AM
Even if G-Unit would have tried Explosion initially, it still would have been an attack with a fairly long prep time (gathering all the energy for release) vs an attack thats quick to execute. Most likely still would have been KO'd before the attack, especially since Grimer is a very slow pokemon anyway.

Blademaster
19th May 2006, 05:01 PM
GWAH!!!!?! An Aerodactyl!?

(looks at your banner)

...Oh, yeah... crap, forgot about him... :sweat2:

Volcano

OK, Phoebe, you're gonna need to go all out to beat that thing - start off with an Icy Wind to chill it, and then use Will-O-Wisp to burn it and melt the ice. End with a Thunderbolt - it'll be wet, so it might do more damage.

Move: Icy Wind, Will-O-Wisp, Thunderbolt

Mega Horny
19th May 2006, 05:06 PM
Begin by using your huge wings to try and blow the icy wind back at him with a whirlwind. Then, try and easily avoid the slow moving bobbing flame thing by swooping up high with a sky attack and then diving down into your prey. Finally, try and use Earthquake to encompass him with high rockish things and hopefully due to his height and the pain he is going through, the attack will go into the ground.

Whirlwind ~ Sky Attack ~ EQ

Elec Man EXE
22nd May 2006, 01:18 PM
Rockish things? Hehe.

Round 10

*Pre-Round*
87% HP / 94% EP
Icy Wind ~ Will-O-Wisp ~ Thunderbolt

Keith Richards (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkfrlgsh142.pngMale)
100% HP / 100% EP
Whirlwind ~ Sky Attack ~ Earthquake

*Battle*
Pretty annoyed now, Mega Horny pulls out a ball, shooting out a red beam to recall his fallen sludge pokemon. He grins as he pulls out his second pokeball... tossing it to reveal a large purple Aerodactly. He flaps his large wings and lets out a screech at the little Ralts. Phoebe shudders, not too thrilled with the idea of fighting such a fierce pokemon. The trainers issue their commands, and the pokemon nod and quickly go to action.

Normally very fast in battle, Keith just flaps his wings idly, flying just above the ground. Phoebe's not sure what he's up to, but she knows she has to fight hard to beat this ancient pokemon. She inhales, and then blows out a cold wind toward the large pterodactyl. Keith grins, knowing the small white pokemon just played right into his plan. He vigrously flaps his wings, creating a tornado between them before one final flap sends the tornado rushing forward. As expected, the swirling vortex draws in Phoebe's cold wind, protecting Keith. The vortex continues on, picking up Phoebe and chilling her with her own attack. As the wind subsides, Ralts falls to the ground rougly, a bit cold and annoyed.

As she gets up, she begins gathering fire energy on her hands. Keith quickly takes to the air, soaring through the sky on his blue wings while building momentum for a powerful assault. Phoebe puts her hands together, a small blue flame bursting to life between them. She whips one hand forward, sending the blue flame into the sky toward Keith. But he continues to soar, easily avoiding the attack. Phoebe frowns, and then shudders as she sees the large flying pokemon coming straight at her. Aerodactly is moving blindingly fast, glowing faintly with flying energy. Relatively slow, Phoebe stands no chance at dodging such a fast attack. Keith smites her with his skull, sending her flying through the air as he carefully avoids smashing into the ground. Phoebe flies quite a distance, eyes closed and shrieking, before she somes crashing to the ground.

Now once more flapping his wings just above the ground, Keith smiles. Continuing his assault, he lands on the ground, creating a seismic disturbance as he does. Before Phoebe can get up, she feels the earth shaking beneath her, and cries out as she is bounced about by the moving earth. Finally the seismic activity dies down, and Phoebe grunts as she stands. Angry, she begins channeling electricity. Her body sparks vigorously as she shouts, sending a powerful bolt of electricity toward Keith. The ancient pokemon has actually made himself more vulnerable by landing on the ground for the quake, not able to move much without flying. The bolt hits its target dead-on, and Keith winces as the electricity courses throughout his body. Bits of static continue to dance over his body as energy dissipates.

Phoebe rubs her head, bruised but still determined to win. Keith lets out a cry, showing that he's just as determined.

*Post-Round*
59% HP / 81% EP
Status: Head is covered in mud, head is bruised, determined

88% HP / 83% EP

Arena Status: Ground is disturbed

Blademaster
26th May 2006, 04:08 PM
Um, it's been 4 days, and MH isn't back yet...

Does this mean he's disqualified?

Elec Man EXE
30th May 2006, 12:07 PM
Well, Mega Horny posted this

may be absent all week. IDk.

In the Abscence Tower last week (Monday I believe). And with Memorial Day being this last weekend and whatnot... I'd personally give him at least a day or two.

But it has indeed been 4 days, so if you really want to call the DQ then you have that right.

Blademaster
30th May 2006, 02:24 PM
No, I didn't check the Absence Tower - we'll give him a bit longer, then.

Elec Man EXE
30th May 2006, 02:51 PM
Looks like he posted again in the Abscence Tower today, saying he'll be busy with finals for a while, so it might be quite a while before this battle can continue.

Mega Horny
30th May 2006, 07:08 PM
yes, but i do plan to finish it ^^. I await the moment i can.

Blademaster
21st June 2006, 02:36 PM
We aren't done yet, Mega Horny! Just a reminder... you said you could stil battle, so you're back on the clock!

-Blade

Mega Horny
21st June 2006, 03:35 PM
Yes, I know, I'm sorry Is it my move?

Blademaster
21st June 2006, 05:35 PM
It looks like it...

(gulp)

Mega Horny
23rd June 2006, 03:17 PM
Lol. I missed your humor. Lets go with...

Bite his little head and carry him up into the air. Then smack him up like a volleyball with Aerial Ace. Finish by spiking him down with Dragon Claw. If he tries to teleport, use pursuit. If he tries to use an ice move, try to blow it back at him with Whirlwind. If he tries to use an electric move, try and move some ground into its path with EQ. If he tries a water move, try and combat it with Dragonbreath.

Bite ~ Aerial Ace ~ Dragon Claw

Subs: Pursuit ~ Whirlwind ~ EQ ~ Dragonbreath

Blademaster
23rd June 2006, 03:28 PM
Now, that's not fair - you can counter every move I make!

...Or, can you?

Volcano

Phoebe...

Use Psychic to levitate yourself above the water, and then when Aerodactyl gets close, Disable it so it crashes into the water. Then, when it tries to get out/Dragon Claw, wait for it to get started so it can't counter, and then light up his life with a Thunderbolt!

Move: Psychic (levitate), Disable, Thunderbolt

Elec Man EXE
26th June 2006, 01:31 PM
Welcome back Horny. Lets get this going again.

And FYI, using Psychic to levitate gives you 1 full round of levitation for a willing target (obviously, if used on yourself your a "willing" target)

Round 11

*Pre-Round*
59% HP / 81% EP
Status: Head is covered in mud, head is bruised, determined
Psychic ~ Disable ~ Thunderbolt

88% HP / 83% EP
Bite ~ Aerial Ace ~ Dragon Claw
Sub: Pursuit / Whirlwind / Earthquake / Dragonbreath (dayim!)

Arena Status: Ground is disturbed

*Battle*
Always one for some nasty strategies, MH quickly shouts a set of orders to take advantage of his fierce pokemon. Blade shouts out his counterorders, feeling he's found a way to get around Horny's attacks.

As the large ancient bird flaps his wings, taking to the air and rushing for the psychic, Phoebe's eyes glow. She takes control of her own body with her telekinetic powers, hovering above the arena and floating toward the lake. Much quicker than Phoebe, Keith quickly reaches his target and clamps her head with his large jaws. He carries her up a bit as she struggles to free herself. Finally, he snaps his head forward, tossing the little Ralts into the air.

Flowing smoothly into his next attack, Aerodactyl flies at a suprising speed toward little Phoebe, a stream of disturbed air behind him. Much to the birds suprise, Phoebe continues to levitate, and at the same time she concentrates on Keith. As she does, a faint red glow begins to wrap around the prehistoric pokemon, slowly getting brighter. As the Aerodactly has already begun his attack and is being carried by momentum, he continues on and slams into Phoebe, causing her to cry out. The trouble starts after his attack... as he tries to flap his wings and turn in midair, he finds that his muscles are being prevented from movement. He reaches the apex of his flight from his momentum, and unable to steady himself turns and starts hurtling toward the ground. Phoebe struggles to hold the large pokemon, as she also holds herself in the air. Keith feels a strong fear as the ground gets closer and closer to him, unable to do anything but fall. With a resounding crash the Aerodactyl hits the ground, feeling a powerful pain all over his body. Ralts sighs as she releases her muscle lock, glad she doesn't have to hold the strong pokemon still any longer.

Keith slowly stands, quite hurt by the long decent despite his rocky armor. He grunts, shakes his head, and then glares into the sky at the floating Ralts, high above. He tries out his wings, happy to find that they were relatively unharmed in the fall, and with a few flaps, takes to the sky once again. Phoebe smiles as her body sparks furiously, preparing for an assault. The pterodactyl spots the oncoming attack, but he knows that with both combatants high above the ground its not likely a quake would do much to block it, and he keeps flying on. Phoebe waits patiently, wanting to make absolutely sure her attack hits head on. As Keith closes on his target, his claws become surrounded by a green, draconic energy much like fire. Feeling increasingly threatened, Ralts lets loose her attack, sending a bolt of electricity flying toward the approaching Aerodactyl. He screeches loudly as the current surges throughout his body, yet continues to fly toward Ralts, furious. As the electricity disperses, he flies above Ralts, and with one swift movement slashes the little emotion pokemon with his energized claw, sending her hurtling toward the ground. As she falls she struggles, using the last of her concentration to slow her decent. She gently lands on the earth, and then kneels, holding her head which bears bite marks.

Though it didn't work out quite as well as he planned, Horny continues to smile, always thinking of new strategies. Keith continues to fly up in the sky, as though taunting the little Ralts, who tried to ground him.

*Post-Round*
36% HP / 64% EP

61% HP / 67% EP
Status: Entire body is bruised, quite angry at being made to fall

Arena Status: Ground is disturbed, a large crater where Keith fell

Blademaster
26th June 2006, 05:03 PM
Well, ****, that didn't work...

Volcano

Phoebe, use Hypnosis to put it to sleep, and then use Dream Eater to restore some of your strength. End the round with Will-O-Wisp to sap at its energy.

If it doesn't fall asleep, keep up the Hypnosis until it works and then continue as instructed - it can't dodge forever.

Move: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Will-O-Wisp
Sub: Hypnosis (as needed)

Mega Horny
26th June 2006, 05:44 PM
Try and throw off each Phoebe with a supersonic, to beffudle it and its brain waves. If that doesnt work, then sleep talk x3, or, if you wake up, bite and try to make it flinch. If it does work, try and thow off the other two hypnosis's by using a scary face for defense against the already confused opponent.

Supersonic ~ Scary Facex2

Subs: Sleep talk x3 ~ Bite

Elec Man EXE
27th June 2006, 10:51 AM
Round 12

*Pre-Round*
36% HP / 64% EP
Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater ~ Will O' Wisp
Sub: Hypnosis

61% HP / 67% EP
Status: Entire body is bruised, quite angry at being made to fall
Supersonic ~ Scary Face ~ Scary Face
Sub: Sleep Talk / Bite

*Battle*
As round 12 begins, the trainers both shout their commands, both quite determined. The 2 pokemon nod and quickly face one another.

Keith, still soaring through the air, makes a quick landing. He opens his mouth and begins emitting a low pitched sonic attack. As the sound reverberates around the arena, Phoebe holds her head, feeling utterly disoriented. She remembers her order, but the sound waves effect her mind in such a way that she is unable to concentrate successfully. The little Ralts feels utterly helpless, her main trait being her mind powered attacks.

The ancient bird stops his sonic emisions, and looks toward Phoebe. Seeing that his mind scramble was successful, he grins briefly. Then, hoping to keep it up, he makes an intimidating face toward the little psychic type, bearing his fangs and glaring. Phoebe cowers in response, feeling quite scared but also knowing that she can't do anything as long as the annoying buzz in her mind persists. She whimpers a bit, crouched down and covering herself with her arms.

The rock type continues to glare toward Phoebe, perversely enjoying intimidating the little emotions pokemon. Phoebe, meanwhile, feels her thoughts beginning to clear. But despite that, she can't bring herself to look directly into the Aerodactyl's eyes, already quite scared by the large foe but even moreso while he's making the intimidating glare. She glances helplessly toward her trainer, ashamed at herself. Keith chuckles loudly, clearly quite amused by the whole thing.

The trainers consider their next orders as the uneventful round draws to a close.

*Post-Round*
36% HP / 64% EP
Status: Head now bears bruises and bite marks, hurt, frightened

61% HP / 60% EP

Mega Horny
27th June 2006, 12:56 PM
Just a small nitpick -- Ralts' energy and Aero's Energy and HP weere incorrect at the top.

Ok keith, we got this little mushroom thing. Begin with another supersonic, hopefully building upon the remnants of the last and then quickly go over to him and bite his head, hopefully giving him a headache. This should be simple due to his massive speed loss in the last round. Then, torch him with a flamethrower.

If he tries to teleport, pursuit. If he tries an electric attack, try to recoil your with your rocky wings and use them as a defensive shield, and then use the space that you gained by pulling them back to quickly fling them forwards with good momentum, hitting Ralts with Dragon claw on each side. If he tries to manipulate you with psychic, supersonic again until it works. If he tries to use calm mind or another non-damaging move, taunt. If he tries a water move, try and combat it with dragon rage. And if he uses the same move multiple times, go with a torment.

Blademaster
27th June 2006, 02:21 PM
Mega Horny, I'm not gonna say it again - Phoebe is a girl, so please... STOP CALLING HER A 'HE!!'

Volcano

...Wait a second...

Phoebe... Supersonic uses sound waves...

Cover your ears and use Hypnosis!

That should put it to sleep - then, use Dream Eater and Will-O-Wisp.

If it doesn't fall asleep, wait for it to try and Bite you, and then fend it off with an Icy Wind. Then, when it tries to use Flamethrower, wait until you see the flames welling in its throat and then use Psychic to clamp its jaws shut! See how it likes a taste of its own medicine (And I mean taste!)!

Move: Hypnosis (cover ears), Dream Eater, Will-O-Wisp
Sub: -----------------------------, Icy Wind, Psychic

Mega Horny
27th June 2006, 09:12 PM
Sorry, ive been doing it on purpose.

Blademaster
27th June 2006, 10:37 PM
You've been doing it on... Hey! :mad:

Elec Man EXE
28th June 2006, 11:04 AM
Yep, forgot to copy+paste the newer values on the last round. Fixed now.

Round 13

*Pre-Round*
36% HP / 64% EP
Status: Head now bears bruises and bite marks, hurt, frightened
Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater ~ Will O' Wisp
Sub: Hypnosis

61% HP / 60% EP
Supersonic ~ Bite ~ Flamethrower
Sub: Pursuit / Taunt / Torment / Dragon Rage / Supersonic / Dragon Claw

*Battle*
The two trainers continue issuing orders, each hoping to snag a victory. The pokemon nod in reply, just as determined.

Keith wants to keep the little psychic type confused as long as possible, keeping himself safe from the powerful psychic abilities. He opens his mouth and lets out a low-pitched screech. Phoebe quickly covers her ears, trying to block out the noise. Being of a fairly loud tone, she isn't able to completely block the effect, but her mind is able to withstand the lessened effect. Even as the noise continues, and fighting her fear, she looks at the screeching ancient pokemon. As she does, her eyes glow as she emits hypnotic waves throught the air. Despite the noise, Aerodactyl begins to feel drowsy, and the sound dies down as he slowly slumps to the ground, asleep.

Phoebe smiles, finally having the situation go her way. As the ancient rock type sleeps, she again concentrates. Her eyes glow a deep purple, as an aura of a similar color slowly surrounds the Aerodactyl, locking him into slumber. The aura glows brightly for a moment, and then a stream of purple from Keith's mind starts flowing through the air toward Ralts. As the stream reaches her, she too is surrounded by a purple aura. The energy is absorbed into her body, and she glows for a moment, before she finishes. The glow around her body subsides, and as she closes her eyes so does the glimmering aura around Keith.

Feeling revitalized, the psychic type holds her hands together, each glowing with fiery energy. A flame of blue bursts into the air between Phoebe's hands, and she swiftly whips one hand forward, sending the ethereal flame floating toward the still sleeping flying type. As the flame reaches Aerodactyl, it quickly engulfs his entire body. He awakens suddenly, feeling stinging pain around his body as the cerulean flames dance over his rocky flesh. A quick wing flap extinguishes the flames, though the damage is already done to him.

The fierce ancient pokemon glares at Ralts, still a bit drowsy and not sure what happened, but sure she had something to do with it. She ignores the glare, still feeling quite proud of her performance this round.

*Post-Round*
42% HP / 52% EP
Status: Head now bears bruises and bite marks, feeling revitalized, proud of herself

46% HP / 71% EP
Status: Burned (3% per round), entire body is bruised, glaring at Phoebe

Blademaster
28th June 2006, 02:52 PM
Volcano

Alright, Phoebe, way to go!

Start the round off with Taunt to shut down that oversized chicken's defenses, and then use a Thunderbolt to roast that bird! End with a Future Sight.

If it tries to use a Super Effective move, use Double Team. If it tries a move that it's weak against, use Mimic and send that attack back at it! If it uses an Earthquake, Teleport to higher ground. And if it tries another Supersonic, cover your ears again.

Move: Taunt, Thunderbolt, Future Sight
Sub: Double Team, Mimic, Teleport, Cover ears (all as needed)

Mega Horny
28th June 2006, 04:54 PM
Christ im mad now. We cant let this puny little acne covered shrub with poor stats push us around. Hehe, lets use his subs against him.

Start off by swooping down towards the ground at a rapid pace, as if youre about to use EQ, but feint at the last second and use pursuit. He should have teleported due to the descent, so pursuit will hit him hard and hell have wasted energy, plus, hell hopefully have skipped using taunt seeing as he has low speed, which is even lower now due to the scary faces and his minor confusion. Next, use Rain Dance. Seeing as its a water move, and Aerodactyl is weak to water moves, Ralts should use mimic and attack with another rain dance instead of thunderbolt. Then, finish up with a huge sky attack. Who cares about future sight, lets just get this over with.

Also, taunt doesnt lower defense.

Elec Man EXE
29th June 2006, 02:07 PM
I think Blade meant that Taunt would prevent you from using defensive measures, what with it making you only attack and whatnot. Not a real decrease to defense as far as stats.

Round 14

*Pre-Round*
42% HP / 52% EP
Status: Head now bears bruises and bite marks, feeling revitalized, proud of herself
Taunt ~ Thunderbolt ~ Future Sight
Sub: Double Team / Teleport / Mimic / Relax (Cover Ears)

46% HP / 71% EP
Status: Burned (3% per round), entire body is bruised, glaring at Phoebe
Pursuit ~ Rain Dance ~ Sky Attack

*Battle*
Apparently getting quite annoyed at this point, Mega Horny shouts his commands loudly to his Aerodactyl furiously. Blademaster seems much more quietly confident as he issues his commands, and both pokemon nod in reply.

Hoping to gain an advantage via trickery, Keith takes to the sky with a couple flaps from his large, rocklike wings. The ancient pokemon flies up a few feet, then turns around and flies toward the ground, feigning an attack. Little Phoebe is aware of her orders and, witnessing what appears to be a powerful earth based attack, concentrates. Her body flashes briefly, and then disappears, reappearing moments later at a higher point on the mountain. What she doesn't expect is for the devious Aerodactyl to be waiting for her. As she reappears, she is suddenly slammed from behind. As she gets thrown to the ground by the attack, she see's Keith speed by, body surrounded by a shadowy aura. The rock type lands a few feet away, aura dissipating, and screeches at her.

Continuing on with his trainer's commands despite his dislike of this particular order, Keith looks toward the sky. As he closes his eyes and concentrates, a deep cerulean aura surrounds him. Overhead, a thick layer of dark clouds begin rolling in, as if summoned by the ancient pokemon. After a few seconds, rain starts falling from the clouds, showering the arena with moisture. Keith opens his eyes, expecting to see the little Ralts doing a similar action. He's frightened when he see's the psychic type sparking furiously with electricity. Phoebe, though ordered to Mimic against an attack that would be supereffective against her foe, isn't stupid. She knows very well that summoning rain isn't an attack, but rather a support measure. She lets out a cry as she sends a powerful bolt of lightning flying toward Keith. The fierce pokemon lets out a piercing cry as the lightning courses throughout his body, amplified further by the fact that his body is wet.

The sparks dissipate into the air, and now Keith is really mad. He screeches loudly as he flaps his wings, taking to the air in preperation for an assault. Phoebe doesn't seem to notice, eyes glowing as she looks into the future. Aerodactyl soars overhead, steadily building speed. With another cry he starts charging toward the emotion pokemon, still increasing velocity and now beginning to glow faintly, covering himself with pure flying energy. Ralts continues to gaze into the future, as if she's in another world. The charging Keith angles himself just enougy so as to avoid collision with the ground, very precise in his attack. He crashes into Phoebe with incredible force, sending her hurtling down the mountain with a frightened and pained cry. She impacts the ground with a crash, kicking up a cloud of dust. It settles quickly as Phoebe moans, body badly battered by the attack. But determined, the Ralts slowly stands up, wincing in pain all the while.

Keith lands once more, trying to hide his slightly labored breathing. Ralts makes no such attempt as hiding it, visibly battered and bruised.

*Post-Round*
21% HP / 37% EP

30% HP / 53% EP
Status: Burned (3% per round), entire body is bruised, angry

Arena Status: A large crater where Keith fell, much smaller crater where Phoebe crashed into the ground

Mega Horny
1st July 2006, 05:53 PM
Start off with a Dragonbreath from above, and go for paralysis. Follow up with EQ to keep him at a distance. End with a Facade. If he tries to teleport, use pursuit.

Blademaster
1st July 2006, 06:23 PM
Volcano

Phoebe, wait for it to start its Dragonbreath, and when you see the flames in its throat, use Psychic to force its jaws shut - scalding the inside of its mouth should shut that giant bat up. Then, use Psychic to levitate above the field again - you only need to get a few feet off the ground to avoid an Earthquake, and it'll waste a lot of energy in the process. End by waiting for it to swoop in for a Facade, and fry it with a point-blank Thunderbolt!

Move: Psychic (shut jaws), Psychic (levitate), Thunderbolt

Elec Man EXE
3rd July 2006, 01:31 PM
I forgot to list the rainfall last round, edited it back in and I won't forget it again (sorry about all the mistakes lately, I must be out of it for whatever reason).

Round 15

*Pre-Round*
21% HP / 37% EP
Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Thunderbolt

30% HP / 53% EP
Status: Burned (3% per round), entire body is bruised, angry
Dragonbreath ~ Earthquake ~ Facade
Sub: Pursuit

Arena Status: A large crater where Keith fell, much smaller crater where Phoebe crashed into the ground, rain falling (3 rounds)

*Battle*
The trainers continue to shout their orders, intent on winning this battle once and for all. The pokemon nod in reply, each as determined as their trainer.

Keith gets ready to unleash another dragon attack toward the little psychic. He builds up a draconic flame within his maw, flaring an emerald color. Just as he's about to fire the attack at Phoebe, her eyes glow brightly. A blue glow surrounds the Aerodactyl's mouth as its quickly forced shut by a psionic force. The ancient pokemon struggles, trying to open his mouth as he feels his own attack burning within. He flaps his wings furiously, but to no avail. Phoebe has no intention of releasing him until he feels the full pain intended for herself. The rock type winces in pain, furious but unable to do anything about it.

Ralts finally releases him as she quickly switches her attention to other things. As Keith quickly takes to the air, blind with rage and hoping to crush her, a psychic aura surrounds her body. She floats up into the safety of the air, well aware what the nasty pterodactyl is planning. Flipping around in midair, Keith flies down, slamming his legs into the ground with a pulse of earthen energy. The ground quakes violently under the force of the blow, shuffling rocks and vegatation. Aerodactyl expects to hear some screeches of pain and listens carefully, but hears only the moving earth. He looks around, rather confused, until he spots the Ralts floating in midair again. Drat, foiled!

Now Keith is really mad, and he's bound and determined to hurt that Ralts. He takes to the air again, flying at a blinding speed. His body glows brightly, as he channels the pain of his infliction into power for the attack. Phoebe gets ready, her body again crackling with electrical power. As the intimidating pokemon closes in on her, she lets loose another powerful electrical bolt. As the energy hits him, Keith winces, but his anger forces him to continue on despite the pain. The pokemon looks like a fighter from one of those typical anime shows, surrounded by electricity and glowing as he flies on in anger. He slams into Phoebe with impressive force, sending her hurtling through the air as she lets out a pained cry. She falls to the ground as the ancient pokemon lands, groaning from the pain of the repeated electric attacks.

Both pokemon appear to be weakening fast, and only time will tell who the victor of the intense battle will be. Phoebe weakly stands up, while Aerodactyl struggles with the continued pain from his burn. The rain continues to fall on the arena, making quite a dramatic scene for the last part of the battle.

*Post-Round*
9% HP / 37% EP

10% HP / 53% EP
Status: Burned (3% per round), entire body is bruised, hurt and angry

Arena Status: A large crater where Keith fell, much smaller crater where Phoebe crashed into the ground, rain falling (2 rounds)

Blademaster
3rd July 2006, 02:36 PM
Volcano

Phoebe, you've done good - not a lot of Basic Pokemon can stand up to an Aerodactyl. I'm proud of ya. :yes:

But we can still win this - Protect against its first attack, Thunderbolt against its second attack (if it's energy-based or otherwise from a distance), and then Protect again on its third attack.

If it tries to kamikaze into you on its second attack, or it uses an Earthquake, replace Thunderbolt with Psychic and hurl it as far as you can. And if it uses a long-range attack that neither of those moves has the strength or ability to counter (like Rock Slide or Hyper Beam), use Psychic and send it back at that colossal fossil, or at least divert it.

Move: Protect, Thunderbolt, Protect
Sub: -----------, Psychic (to defend), ---------------

Elec Man EXE
5th July 2006, 11:17 AM
Not to seem overly pushy Horny, but I'd love to finish this battle up. I go on vacation on Friday, so thats still today and tommorow that I have to put up a reffing for the final round, but I'd hate for you guys to have to find a sub-ref for one round :xd:

Mega Horny
5th July 2006, 08:30 PM
Sorry, but since I got up ive been away all day and just got back now. I'm still thinking about my actions. Blade gave me a bitch of an action, and regardless of the fact that I can counter it, i wouldn't stand a chance in the next round. I'm thinking.

Mega Horny
5th July 2006, 09:46 PM
Ok Mayonnaise Wasp, we have to end this here and now. While hes protecting, use agility to gain speed and rapidly fly into him with a kamikaze Sky Attack before he can thunderbolt. Then relax.

Agility - Sky Attack - Relax

Elec Man EXE
6th July 2006, 09:31 AM
NP Horny, and sorry to sound so impatient.

Round 16

*Pre-Round*
9% HP / 37% EP
Protect ~ Thunderbolt ~ Protect

10% HP / 53% EP
Status: Burned (3% per round), entire body is bruised, hurt and angry
Agility ~ Sky Attack ~ Relax

Arena Status: A large crater where Keith fell, much smaller crater where Phoebe crashed into the ground, rain falling (2 rounds)

*Battle*
The rain continues to fall on what looks to be the last round of an epic battle. The trainers shout their commands to their pokemon, but hoping to pull off a narrow victory. The 2 pokemon nod weakly, knowing that one of them is going to fall.

Hoping to preserve herself, Phoebe starts off the round as she holds out her arms. She summons her energy into a spherical barrier, covering her body and protecting it from harm. But Keith has no intention of attacking at this time, instead taking the opportunity to take to the sky. With a few flaps of his dampened wings the Aerodactyl is skyborne, and he begins utilizing his blinding speed to good effect. He darts through the air as Phoebe decides to drop her shield, not forseeing an attack any time soon.

After a few brief moments of gaining speed for an attack, the process signifigantly sped up by his previous action, Keith tucks in his wings and divebombs straight at the little Ralts, adopting a faint but powerful glow. Phoebe prepares to repel the attack, her eyes beginning to glow as the fossil pokemon rapidly closes in on her. The area around Keith's body takes on an eerie blue glow, showing the effect of Phoebe's psionic power. But the speed at which Keith is moving, and the raw power behind the attack, make it very difficult for anything to stop him. Aerodactly finds that the psychic type is powerful, but not powerful enough. Still moving at a very high velocity, though somewhat slowed by Ralts' psychic power, the powerful ancient pokemon crashes into Phoebe. The instant the collision occurs, the psionic aura around Keith disappears, and he narrowly avoids crashing into the ground, using his wings to steer himself back into the sky. Phoebe tumbles along the ground, coming to a stop a few feet away.

The little Ralts is badly battered, bruised, and covered in mud. She weakly lifts her head off the ground, before dropping it down with a defeated wimper. Keith circles around a few times, gradually slowing himself prior to landing nearby his trainer. He lets loose a triumphant cry, though victory didn't come easily. Both trainers recall their pokemon into their balls, and slowly walk away from the rain-soaked arena.

*Post-Round*
0% HP / 24% EP

7% HP / 42% EP

Arena Status: A large crater where Keith fell, much smaller crater where Phoebe crashed into the ground, rain falling (1 round)

Wow. So Mega Horny pulls off a win in the end, but Blade put up quite a good fight, coming back from a disadvantage on his second pokemon.

It was a fun battle to ref. Mega Horny uses some... shall we say, interesting combo's :ninja:

Gotta say though, that sub battle that took place a few rounds back, with both combatants putting up 4+ subs.... kinda annoying :p

Points as follows
Mega Horny +4 points
Blademaster +2 points
Elec Man EXE +4 points

Blademaster
6th July 2006, 01:40 PM
...Wow.

I don't know what else to say... :eek:

That was a Hell of a battle, Dylan - I gotta say, I'm more than a little impressed by your skills. :yes:

I'm hoping to have a rematch with you someday; until then...

Peace! :wave:

-Blade

Mega Horny
6th July 2006, 06:14 PM
Likewise Blade! Sorry for the wait, and much thanks for he reffing Elec! That was an amazing battle, especially for little Ralts to pick up the slack from round 1. I was truly surprised, and I think Aerodactyl met his match. Hopefully, next time we battle it will be with Evos ^^

Peace Indeed :keke: