PDA

View Full Version : Testing a Tactic.

Ultimate Charizard
22nd April 2006, 10:43 PM
Is this combo worth playing at all.

Deliberately leaving yourself open to activate Inferno Tempest while having Soul Absorption in play.
Follow that by Summoning Gren Maju de Eiza.

Used this tactic before and in testing i ended up with 17k life points and a 7500 attack monster...or something to that effect. Worth it or just too hard to set up and risky with the LP loss? Return from another Dimension could be held in reserve just incase.

Also just to ask how usefull is Mythical Beast Cerberus? Ive only used it on the Gameboy game so far but it seems very powerfull if you have enough magic to boost it quickly. Nice for a single hard hit.

Alucard
23rd April 2006, 02:31 AM
I don't see why it's not legal. There's no timing issues and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Being continuous you can activate anytime and the other only requiring 3000 cost to activate.

The only problem with it, is getting attacked by 1 monster with 3000+. The most anybody uses in the metagame at the moment is 2400 from the Emperors/Monarchs. You could easily solve that with a [Lava Golem] though. Or just stock a [Rush]/[Rush Recklessly]~ Then you have to make sure you have a [Red Lotus Beast - Da Iiza]/[Gren Maju de Eiza] in hand to summon.

As for [Magical Beast Cerberus]/[Mythical Beast Cerberus], I used to run a deck just for it using [Shine Angel] and the such to summon it and also a magical rush deck to abuse it's counter effect using [Magic Blast], [Magic Absorption], [Black Power Stone], [Apprentice Magician] with [Babel Tower] in just for some fun~ It's a decent card, just everyboody runs 3 [Earth Crush]/[Smashing Ground] in every deck now, so I lost interest in it. There's no point boosting it up when it's gonna be sent down before you get to use it's effect~