PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a bad driver! I swear!

PancaKe
23rd April 2006, 03:38 AM
Well yesterday at Bronzie (bronze umbreon / john)'s 18th birthday party, all his friends were teasing my driving. I spent most of the night standing up for myself.

I dont believe myself to be a bad driver, I just happen to do a lot of stupid things. Like , i cut a corner. So what? No cars were there, it was 10pm. It didn't matter. And I woulnd't do it during the day either. And i do a few other silly little mistakes, nothing major though.

So today, when I'm reversing up his driveway to go home, I totally make an idiot of myself and run over the watermains to his house. >< Now his house has no water, the pipe snapped and water was going everywhere, and I looked like a really bad driver.

But I'm not, I swear.

PancaKe
23rd April 2006, 04:46 AM
bahaha you spamwhores.
Anyway, in response to all your comments - I figured people could either a) share bad/embarassing driving stoires or b) talk about bad drivers theyve met.
Not spam.

Mega Horny
23rd April 2006, 06:47 AM
Once I saw a man playing a flute while driving his Jeep Cherokee.

Andrew
23rd April 2006, 07:05 AM
Oh, I almost got taken out by a semi the other day, he was almost running me down. I had a swearing fit. Otherwise I'm a granny when I drive.

Dark-San
23rd April 2006, 07:40 AM
[b][size=3]@Devastation & Snowbunny~ Considered yourself luckly that you've probably just gotten the attention of one of our super mods. Don't say I didn't warn you guys of this.

@Tara~ You need practice. If I were you, I would keep off the roads and practise until my skills are polished up. Besides the last thing you have in mind is to get involved in a fatal accident which is a result of your poor driving skills.

Andrew
23rd April 2006, 07:57 AM
Dark San. They're banned.

Dark-San
23rd April 2006, 07:58 AM
[b][size=3] Just notice it earlier, Andy. Thanks.

PancaKe
23rd April 2006, 09:12 AM
Darksan - If I couldn't drive, then I wouldn't have passed my licence test. However, I can drive. I just cant reverse up a steep driveway that happens to be gravel and narrow as hell with a watermain on the edge of it. And I dont think I'm going to get into a fatal accident by reversing up a driveway. The only way I'd get into a fatal accident would be by reversing off a cliff. We dont have cliffs where I live.

Arnen
23rd April 2006, 09:24 AM
The second time I ever drove, I went to turn into my driveway, and I didn't turn sharply enough so I missed and drove into the front lawn instead. Scared the hell out of my mom, who was watching through the living room window. :)

Dark Dragonite
23rd April 2006, 09:42 AM
Just remember, those silly little things really could be the difference one day...
I used to do stupid things to scare/have a good time with friends...until some jerk ran a red light and ruined my life...anyways, in Florida, people drive soooooo bad, I have to drive a lot more defensively than I like to...

and cheers to Nabooru23 for liking Hikki-Chan

phaedrus
23rd April 2006, 11:06 AM
at least you're not trying to have sex while driving (as i know some people like to do...)

but i heard that's a great time.

remember, reckless does not equal stupid. remind your friends of that.

Mega Horny
23rd April 2006, 12:05 PM
How did that jerk ruin your life?

Dark Dragonite
23rd April 2006, 01:25 PM
How did that jerk ruin your life?

Lol, long story, hope you have time for the abriged version...
Ok, my car was totalled, lost my job due to this, got about $2,800 worth of tickets thanks to it too(parking, cause of waiting for his insurance to inspect my car), luckily those got reduced to $150...then 8 painful months of PT, I still have pains, and muscle spasms, and have straightening of the cervical spine(the bend in your neck...well, I don't have it, hence the pinched nerve, and spasms), lost my fiance the next day do to the accident(her parents forced her to dump me or no college money cause it happened on her mom's bday), so now I'm monetarily, emotionally, and physically messed up...then my aunt decides to moves, I can't pay her rent, so I'm left with nowhere to go, set off a chain of events that left me even more heartbroken when I lost another deep love in my life, and was homeless, and jobless again...
good enough?

Mega Horny
23rd April 2006, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I've had some pretty shit luck in my life too. I'm sorry.

Dark Dragonite
23rd April 2006, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I've had some pretty shit luck in my life too. I'm sorry.

Thanks, sorry to hear about your bad luck as well.
I guess things worked out how they needed to, I ended up in Florida with my dad, things are good, and I hope to one day get over everything. Hope you get the chance to heal as well.

Alucard
23rd April 2006, 03:15 PM
at least you're not trying to have sex while driving (as i know some people like to do...)

but i heard that's a great time.

remember, reckless does not equal stupid. remind your friends of that.

One big pot hole and you could find yourself in the A&E ;x I'm not bad at driving. I just suck at reversing lolz ;/

When it rains it pours eh Dark Dragonite~?

Dark Dragonite
23rd April 2006, 04:48 PM
Lol, yes, although according to The Crow : "It can't rain all the time..."

Heald
23rd April 2006, 05:51 PM
I race a lot of dick-heads (i.e. people in flashy sports-cars who cut me up and generally act like cocks). Unfortunately my car sucks so although I'm the better driver they absolutely rinse me. I've stopped doing it now, since it seems pretty pointless, plus I might actually crash.

I saw some guy priming a pipe - yes, a smoking pipe - while at the steering wheel. While stupid, it was unbelievably cool.

Dark Dragonite
23rd April 2006, 06:19 PM
I race a lot of dick-heads (i.e. people in flashy sports-cars who cut me up and generally act like cocks). Unfortunately my car sucks so although I'm the better driver they absolutely rinse me. I've stopped doing it now, since it seems pretty pointless, plus I might actually crash.

I saw some guy priming a pipe - yes, a smoking pipe - while at the steering wheel. While stupid, it was unbelievably cool.

That;s a good thing, I used to race too, but I won a few, mostly on my absolute insanity on corners, the other guys would slow down, lol, and, for an 89, the Celebrity let me push it to triple digits.

Myster Myuu
23rd April 2006, 11:15 PM
Driving isnt something I enjoy doing, personally. Its what gets me to work and back, thats all. My worst drving experience was the very first time behind the wheel.

Anyone who has ever been in Pennsylvania during the winter time knows the PA winters tend to be very very icy. Well, my father had the brilliant idea that this would be the best time to teach me how to drive. So we get out on the semi-icy road and I do rather well. Then my father shows more of his infinite wisdom: 'Ok, lets go up this steep, icy hill with a considerable drop off at the side of the road and no railing to save us should we spin out'... yea.. we get up this hill though my nerves are now shot from the occasion slight swerve the car had taken due to icy conditions and my father's periodic comments of 'watch what you're doing now', 'you gotta hug the center of the road', and 'you're getting too close to the edge'. Now he says 'Ok, lets go down this secluded counrty dirt road that hasnt seen a salt truck in decades.' We go down this road... Im nervous as hell and, sure enough, the car fish tails as he go around the bend. I try to correct it but the car continues swerving wildly and gets worse. Panicing, I go to slam on the break and, instead, hit the gas. the car spins around three times before ending up in a ditch. We get out of the car, Im trembling from sheer nerve, and my dad starts laughing. 'Kinda like an amusement park ride, wasnt it', he says. I glare at him for a second and then say 'You're driving us home before I get us killed!'

Fortunately, Ive mastered the art of driving, albeit ruefully so, and havent had anything like that happen to me since. Oh, it was a shallow ditch by the way and we were able to get the car out rather easily with help of a bag of kitty litter :D

Mr.Pokemon
23rd April 2006, 11:43 PM
When people tailgate me, I usually start driving reckless, just to get them off my tail. It's not all my fault when they crash into me or something when I do it :biggrin: I just HATE people tailgating me when I'm doing 15 over the limit and on multi-lane roads...they don't have the sense to pass. Otherwise, I drive just fine.

SupremeChampion
23rd April 2006, 11:56 PM
[i]well i guess the worst experience driving for me was my second accident. like the first one, it wasn't my fault as a girl turned into me. what made it suck was that my car had just gotten fixed from the first accident like 3 months earlier, and when i finally got to school and opened and closed my drivers side door (where i got hit), i heard the wrenching sound of metal that made me sick (since i love my car and hate when its all wrecked up). but yea, other than that i'm a safe driver, i do all things well (well, truth be told i parrlell park ok, but it could use some work) though i do speed a lot. i only drive recklessly occasionally, but i'm always completely in control (if you follow me) and i never do anything stupid when someone else is in my car.

~The Italian Stallion

Magmar
24th April 2006, 06:13 AM
The week I got my license, I did a three(thousand) point turn on a narrow road with cars parked on both sides. I think I smacked my poor relatively new ford contour into at least four cars. ^_^;

I drive like an arrogant jerk and I know it. When people ride my ass, I get in the middle of the road and go extremely slow. When people pull up next to me and stare at me (Everyone seems to do that!), I flip 'em off. I'm extremely nice otherwise, just on the road I'm a different person, always picking fights o_O;

Crystal Mew
24th April 2006, 04:09 PM
I think everyone does stupid things while driving at some point in their lives.

like me. haha. last year I was driving home for school, but before I even left the parking lot I started backing out...and I had a car load of people in my MINI VAN...and apparently a small car just parked right behind me..which I didnt see. I just started backing up anyway, and I almost crushed someone. hehe oops. but I couldnt see them, and who in their right mind parks behind a car ready to back out!?!? heh

also this morning I dropped off my brother and sister at school, and started to back out...and there was no one on my left side, so I was looking behind me on my right, and when I turned around to check the left side, there was a car there and a kid getting out. oh well.

my brother always gives me crap about driving, but a few months ago I was telling him he speeds all the time, and that he also sucks at driving. he was like 'dont ever critisize my driving ever again' while backing up into the driveway. just then he ran over a little tree. LOL

then the other week he just ran a red light, and I'm like wtf?? didnt you see it was red. :rolleyes:

he does stuff like this all the time. I've never run a red light or anything, most of the stupid things I do is just getting out of a parking lot rofl. my mom says I need more practice anyway, but I really hate driving. its not fun, and I never thought it was fun. I hate it!!

p.s magmar one of these days someone might shoot you for being that way. dont be a jerk on the road!

jumpluff
25th April 2006, 11:02 PM
Dark San. They're banned.

would you care to give us a more detailed explanation as to why? we are confused; we never 'spammed', and if you want to get technical I can show you many posts which are as worse or a lot worse than ours were, but since you peculiarly ignored me on AIM I can't exactly tell you, as I'm not worthy enough to grace the presence of an elitist super moderator on a pokemon forum who thinks he's all that and more.

fact: I know people who post "happy birthday" to every hb topic they can find, because postcount means a lot to some people here. so what's so bad responding to about five or six happy birthday topics in a matter of minutes, as opposed to responding to them over a matter of days? you'd be end up banning a lot more people, and for the same reason too.

think logically now, and please don't create a hypocritical defense like you love to do. otherwise, I can foresee you deleting this as I'm just "me", and because you know I'm right. try again babe.

if I was banned for telling pancake that she is an awful driver, then so what? she possesses the qualities of one, and if you want this forum to be full of butterflies and pancakes, then perhaps there should be a rule stating: "PLEASE DON'T RESPOND WITH ANY NEGATIVITY TO ANY TOPIC, EVEN IF IT'S WARRANTED, OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT OFFEND SOME PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET." I expected more from you andrew.

Jeff
25th April 2006, 11:03 PM
So far, I've only been in one accident, back when I went to community college 30 minutes from my house.

Also back then, sometime in '02, there was a huge traffic backup that I sat in for at least 3 hours without knowing that you're supposed to take the thing out of gear when sitting that long, and my transmission gave up on me right on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (which is 4 1/2 miles long, no shoulders). Luckily I managed to pull into a closed lane, between some construction barrels, otherwise I would have probably wound up on the traffic report as a "disabled vehichle blocking the bridge" :P.

Now my commute is up to an hour, since I have to drive all the way to the southwestern Baltimore suburbs, and I haven't had any big mishaps yet, other than missing an exit and driving straight into downtown Baltimore once. I'd say other than those few things that have happened, I've been a fairly good driver, despite having failed the driving test 3 times!

PancaKe
26th April 2006, 03:17 AM
When people tailgate me, I usually start driving reckless, just to get them off my tail. It's not all my fault when they crash into me or something when I do it :biggrin: I just HATE people tailgating me when I'm doing 15 over the limit and on multi-lane roads...they don't have the sense to pass. Otherwise, I drive just fine.

Lol! When people tailgate me, I slow down heaps just to shit them.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
26th April 2006, 06:13 AM
my friend once tried to "hit a mosquito with a car". He was going over hundred and decided to kill a mosquito using both his hands while driving. His car actually looked pretty good after it smashed up (like a mini sports car).

Chris
26th April 2006, 02:55 PM
Lol! When people tailgate me, I slow down heaps just to shit them.

Actually that's incredibly dangerous.

Heald
26th April 2006, 03:30 PM
Actually if you're being tailgated and you yourself are behind another car you should slow down (but not brake sharply, obviously) it is safest to increase the distance between you and the car in front so if the car in front slams on the brakes, you can slow down less sharply and minimise the risk of the tailgater crashing into the back of you.

Also, if the tailgater goes into the back of you, they're more likely to be hurt (probably) and it is pretty much their fault. Whee! Free money!

Hatake Kakashi
26th April 2006, 06:37 PM
Actually that's incredibly dangerous.

I gradually slow down. And never on the highway. Always on the backroads and shit, I just tap my breaks like I'm turning/someones ahead of me.

Much less dangerous and much more fun.

Dark Dragonite
26th April 2006, 07:07 PM
if I'm in the right mood, I'll slow down to the exact speed limit, or a little less, and purposely take the longer route if it means I get to stay in front of the guy :)
How does that Dennis Leary song go again? LOL

Sceptile_Master
27th April 2006, 04:15 AM
Just a couple of weeks till my birthday when I'm 17 then I'm getting lessons. I've got my provisional license (although I can't legally use it until I'm 17). I'm looking forward to it. My dad says he loves success in later life because as the chavs are burning it out up the road in their "pimped up" vauxhall novas he can just easily cruise away from them in his huge engined BMW. But you can't blame the chavs, they might be late for their court case if they don't rush about it lmao.

Kris
30th April 2006, 03:23 AM
Im a perfectly good driver I just dont like reversing and normally get nervous.

I also cannot park to save my life (but hey im a woman thats normal right?). Nah I know a lot of good woman drivers, its just me...

nightcrow
30th April 2006, 04:04 PM
i think i am a good driver :)

but i do have a few stories myself... the first time i ever took "my" car to school, I hit another -parked- car in the parking lot. it wasn't too hard and only did damage to my car, but it was still really embarrassing. The reason why it happened was because I was taught to drive in a Durango, and was then for the first time trying to park a toyota supra (long hood) in the same way you park an suv. haha didn't work obviously.

and other just last night- it was about 10 and i went to change lanes and didn't notice the guy coming up at least 15-20mph over the speed limit behind me. So basically I cut him off... he speeds around me even faster and screaming out his window, "YOU FUCKING WHORE!" which I heard even with my windows up :s

Road rage is bad.

Hatake Kakashi
1st May 2006, 07:51 PM
Regardless of how fast he was going(And on the highway when it's dead, few people do) you should've payed attention.

You would've been at fault if there was an accident. You're not responsible for HIS mistakes, but you are responsible for looking in your own mirror.

Roarkiller
2nd May 2006, 03:55 AM
Whiplash from getting hit from the back hurts. A LOT. I know cuz I got into one, although I wasn't the one at the wheel.

Tailgaters and overtakers never fazes me. Tailgaters especially less because I hardly ever use the rearview mirror, just the sides. If I slow down and he bangs me, then I get free repairs, insurance claim AND medical claim. Cool.

Being a good driver doesn't mean you rarely do anything wrong. You can be a good driver with tons of bad driving habits. Like road rage, which I suspect a lot of people who posted here has potential in.

Personally, I see myself as an okay driver. Thing is, I can't stay attentive for very long, so my mind always wonders at random. I'm still alert and can respond to traffic, but it's a lot like the being on autopilot. And it's dangerous, I have to admit.

Besides, off the public road, I might as well be an F1 racer. Ever saw an army Landrover drift before? :D

.hacker
8th May 2006, 10:36 PM
I think it was in either 2001 or 02, I had not been driving that much on my own, and I had to drive to downtown Tulsa to meet someone for a meeting. Well, downtown Tulsa is basically a ghost town, but I had never done downtown driving at the time.

So, to make myself look cool, I put the top down on my red convertible and wore black sunglasses, to give myself the teenage look. While driving and making a turn, I hear someone yell "What the hell are you doing???"

I realized what I had done.... I had turned down the wrong way on a one way street! :redface: How embarassing...

nightcrow
14th May 2006, 10:10 PM
You would've been at fault if there was an accident. You're not responsible for HIS mistakes, but you are responsible for looking in your own mirror.

I did look in my mirror and didn't see him. Maybe if I had been able to look over my shoulder (my car makes it incredibly hard to see over your right shoulder unless you're sticking your head out of the window) I would have seen him. Besides, it was dark and it's a lot harder to judge someone else's speed in the dark.

Hatake Kakashi
20th May 2006, 12:29 PM
I did look in my mirror and didn't see him. Maybe if I had been able to look over my shoulder (my car makes it incredibly hard to see over your right shoulder unless you're sticking your head out of the window) I would have seen him. Besides, it was dark and it's a lot harder to judge someone else's speed in the dark.

You should always check your blindspots.

What makes it so hard to see over your shoulder in the car? Maybe it's time to change that(Because cops don't accept "But I can't see over my right shoulder!" as a viable excuse)

Pm-5000fan
24th May 2006, 10:18 PM
Maybe you guys have these little "oppsies" when you guys are under a lot of pressure. I know that driving can be troublesome for some people and that is okay. It will pass.

mr_pikachu
25th May 2006, 02:20 AM
Yes, your problems will probably pass eventually if they're due to stress/pressure. Of course, depending on your luck and the severity of your mistakes, they may pass in much the same manner as a kidney stone.

Dark Dragonite
25th May 2006, 11:24 AM
I've had kidney stones...twice...
Back to the topic...sometimes, it isn't just your "oopsie", or isn't yours at all, people drive like morons, you have to drive for yourself, and them too...

Mastermysterious
25th May 2006, 02:29 PM
I do not know how to drive yet. I plan to learn to drive during the summer against my own will. I think I will be a bad driver since I never paid any attention to the way the driver makes his manoeuvres. The major fears I have would be to confuse the breaks for the accelerator and not being able to drive a stick.

Pm-5000fan
25th May 2006, 08:58 PM
Some people feel that way. You know, being draged kicking and screaming into the drivind world. But thonk of it this way: You can go anywhere if you can drive. You won't need you friends and family to take you everywhere. You just need to concentrate on the road and you might turn out a good driver. :smilie:

nightcrow
26th May 2006, 03:26 PM
You should always check your blindspots.

What makes it so hard to see over your shoulder in the car? Maybe it's time to change that(Because cops don't accept "But I can't see over my right shoulder!" as a viable excuse)

The piece of metal between the front window and the back window is too thick.

Systematic Revolution
26th May 2006, 09:52 PM
Darksan - If I couldn't drive, then I wouldn't have passed my licence test. However, I can drive. I just cant reverse up a steep driveway that happens to be gravel and narrow as hell with a watermain on the edge of it. And I dont think I'm going to get into a fatal accident by reversing up a driveway. The only way I'd get into a fatal accident would be by reversing off a cliff. We dont have cliffs where I live.

People get their license even if they suck at driving every day. Not that you're a bad driver. You make mistakes like every other driver in the world. I was with my friend driving out of town once and there was a car in front of us. In front of him there was a driveway. This guy in a van backs down to the edge of his driveway and waits for the car directly in front of me to pass. Then he backs out into the middle of the road and STOPS causing my friend to slam on his breaks. This guy pulled out about ten yards in front of us and just STOPS in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD... Then he pulls back into his driveway and we pass. On the other side of the road in case he decides he wants to back out again. Then he tailgates us thirty miles. By "tailgates" I mean he lets a distance of no more than ten feet between us at any given time.

My bus driver told me this story... He was driving truck in Chicago one time. It was a divided highway and he comes to a stop light. The light turns green, the vehicles in front of him start to go and this lady coming perpendicular to the highway is inching out even though she has a red light. Not only that, but there was a cop RIGHT BEHIND HER. By the time he gets his truck to the intersection, he's going 55mph. The lady whips out and he nails her, ripping her car almost in half. It's held together by the fender on the opposite side. The woman was launched from her vehicle from the road into a McDonald's parking lot. She got 57 citations, Dwayne received no citations at all, of course since he didn't actually do anything. Her insurance company called him and told him he didn't know how to drive a truck.He told them to call the cop who saw it and talk to HIM about it. After that, her insurance company had to pay to fix his truck. Which was done totally wrong, so then they had to pay for a whole new truck AND a two month stay in a hotel. The woman was also in a coma for two months because she was so stupid.

People are horribly retarded.