PDA

View Full Version : Ummmm?

Dark Dragonite
24th April 2006, 02:36 PM
Yes, all of you that have been a round a while should already know where I'm going with this...
I've chanced by a completely abandoned "ummmm" chatroom, just wondering if any of you guys still get together on AIM chat rooms anymore, besides for special things like Mod situations, and new inventions(I.E. ASBRPG)

I just got back to my old screen name, talked to a very few peeps last night...Wolfsong,Systematic Revolution, Tsukasa, real good to talk to all of you again...oh, and sorry about just singing off, I was sick, and my dad asked if I was going on again, and I told him I was going to sleep, without realizing...

mr_pikachu
24th April 2006, 02:42 PM
Well, I can't speak for everyone, seeing as how I actually never used Ummmm in the first place, but I haven't seen any mention of it in quite awhile. As far as I can tell, either people are meeting there without needing to discuss it here, or it's probably pretty much unused.

Knight of Time
24th April 2006, 02:44 PM
Hmm, I've been checking out ummmm at times, but it's pretty much...dead.

Seems like something from the old days has suddenly become nothing but a memory... :(

phaedrus
24th April 2006, 03:08 PM
ummmm died since k1 and cd left.

Dark Dragonite
24th April 2006, 03:18 PM

cool daddy and kalad?

I remember them from tpm, but not Ummmm, it was a bunch of us, like LV,AOD,Kendawg, more than I can think of right now...

mr_pikachu
24th April 2006, 03:21 PM
Actually, I think that "k1" is supposed to be short for Kiyone.

Hmm. Maybe we should revive Ummmm, huh?

Dark Dragonite
24th April 2006, 03:24 PM
works for me, I have no life, hence my return, lol

Knight of Time
24th April 2006, 03:35 PM
Meh, reviving ummmm is the choice of anyone who wants to do so.

'is the only one in there right now, but might not be in for long'

Crystal Mew
24th April 2006, 04:01 PM
I was in there a couple days ago, cause I got invited..there were a few people there also.

for some reason it gets more active during summer, but the last couple of years its been kinda dead. I dunno, I dont think it could ever be the same as it was a few years back. People nowadays dont spend all day online anymore. well ok, at least I dont. haha

but I'm on late at night sometimes.

Zak
25th April 2006, 01:03 AM

They never left... perhaps you mean "joined"?

~Zak

Lady Vulpix
25th April 2006, 06:14 AM
I stopped going to ummmm when it was invaded by spammers like Kiyone and dean. Now I'm having problems joining AIM chatrooms with GAIM, I don't know why.

Dark-San
25th April 2006, 09:52 AM
[b][size=3] It is never fun on Ummmm. First reason as mentioned by LV, it was invaded by spammers and had tons of flames. Hence making the chatroom nothing but a spam pit.

Another reason being was that the time in which I used to spend on the computer has shrunk. What used to be twelve hours of surfing the forum and watching animes had practically reduced to around 3 hours.

Last reason was the time difference. I live in a different time zone so when I am awake, majority of the members would be sleeping. And vice versa.

Unluckly me, I guessed.

Zak
25th April 2006, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't consider them "spammers" since you can't exactly "spam" a chat. More like WPM wannabes. In simple words, I think "fags" fits best.

~Zak

Dark Dragonite
25th April 2006, 02:42 PM
we could always change rooms, yes, leave ummmm behind, lol

Chris
25th April 2006, 02:48 PM
The obvious solution to all of these problems would be to establish an environment where unwanted messages and people can be controlled, such as an IRC channel.

Dark Dragonite
25th April 2006, 02:53 PM
that would probably work best

Hatake Kakashi
25th April 2006, 04:58 PM

No it died because they went in there in the first place.

Oh well, Ummmm is dead. For the best, for the worst. Who knows.

Zak
25th April 2006, 05:08 PM
Don't mind him, he's probably just trying to sound cool by pretending he actually thinks that.

~Zak

Lady Vulpix
25th April 2006, 05:37 PM
You can SPAM a chat, Zak. I've seen many people do it (what you send into a chat are messages, after all).
I second Chris's idea. An IRC channel can be more controlled, plus I'll have no problem accessing it. :biggrin:

Heald
25th April 2006, 05:44 PM
I hated the old TPM IRC chat room or whatever it was since all the mods on it were complete dickheads who acted like they were the shit just because they could kick someone out of a Pokemon chatroom, and the only people in there were idiots going 'KEKEKE /ME HUGGLES KEKEKE ^_^'. At least in ummmm the mods had no power and if people spammed people just ignored them and they'd shut up.

phaedrus
25th April 2006, 05:58 PM
well when k1 and cd were there people actually talked.

i never really ummmmed anyways, so what i know is obviously limited.

Zak
25th April 2006, 06:27 PM
well when k1 and cd were there people actually talked.

i never really ummmmed anyways, so what i know is obviously limited.

Then stop talking out of your ass, thanks.

~Zak

phaedrus
25th April 2006, 09:32 PM
by buddha's beard, what's up with you today?

Hatake Kakashi
25th April 2006, 09:49 PM
by buddha's beard, what's up with you today?

Ok 1. You're not Ron Burgundy.
2. Buddha didn't have a beard.
3. You're talking about how a chat was like you know it(you even SAY it got better) then admit you aren't there a lot.

It's really kind of annoying when people jump on the bandwagon.

phaedrus
25th April 2006, 09:54 PM
1. does it look like i care? does it look i've even watched anchorman? no.
2. it's an expression. i'm buddhist. so what? i say what i damned want to say. it's my karma.
3. when i was in there and cd and k1 weren't in there, not a damned thing happened. no one said a word. it was a relief when i could see some shit on my screen, no matter how much shit it was. that's what i saw when i was there.

bandwagon? hardly. i thought k1 and cd were a pain in the ass. look in the archives if you don't believe me, you'll probably see me rail off on them. but my point it ummmm was more active when they were actually there spamming their asses off. quality? not my point to argue.

jumpluff
25th April 2006, 10:56 PM
cd and dean were hardly ever there in comparison to other people, so I don't know why you are all putting blame on the wrong people just to vent your frustration due to the woes of a chat room, rofl.

well when k1 was there people actually talked.
edited, and isn't that strange? when people banned us from tpm for "spamming" or whatever? tpm died too.

sucks.

Dark-San
25th April 2006, 11:31 PM
[b][size=3] The last thing we need is a flame war. So keep cool everyone. -_-"

2. it's an expression. i'm buddhist. so what? i say what i damned want to say. it's my karma.

[b][size=3] I am a buddhist too. And no buddha does not have a beard.

I hated the old TPM IRC chat room or whatever it was since all the mods on it were complete dickheads who acted like they were the shit just because they could kick someone out of a Pokemon chatroom, and the only people in there were idiots going 'KEKEKE /ME HUGGLES KEKEKE ^_^'. At least in ummmm the mods had no power and if people spammed people just ignored them and they'd shut up.

[b][size=3] I have no problem with IRC channel either since my AIM account is already in the dumps. (Not using it anymore)

As for Heald's concern, it can be pretty much solve. All we do is to limit the number of ops and give out voice to the mods instead.

jumpluff
25th April 2006, 11:46 PM
The last thing we need is a flame war. So keep cool everyone. -_-"
yes mr. moderator, i'll do whatever you say! xD

I am a buddhist too. And no buddha does not have a beard.
lol bringing religion into a topic about chat rooms is retarded. why does it not surprise me though?

I better go add some japtext to my custom title since I want to be cool too.

PancaKe
26th April 2006, 03:22 AM
Hmmm...
ignoring the spamming.

I'm all up for an IRC chatroom. It'd be better for me than an AIM one, mainly becasue I find AIM a pain to use.
:(

So, is anybody going to do anything about an IRC chatroom? Or is this one of those "good idea" things that never goes through?
i'm sorry if that sounded rude, but I'd hate nothing to happen just because everybody thought somebody else would do it.

Craig
26th April 2006, 03:31 AM
Nah, ummmm died when WPM stopped coming. We just didn't have any more entertainment. Slowly the months passed and more people would stop coming until eventually it was just a few. Ummmm was replaced by just IMing people that used to go there that you could actually talk to without it being a struggle of formality and effort.

Alucard
26th April 2006, 05:02 AM
It'll take all of 5 minutes (or less) to set up an IRC room. It just means one of you has to get off there ass and do it~

PancaKe
26th April 2006, 06:45 AM
hmm
I would, but I've got no idea.

Dark-San
26th April 2006, 07:06 AM
Nah, ummmm died when WPM stopped coming. We just didn't have any more entertainment.

[b][size=3] That was the fourth reason. There is a point when Jon came on and recites all the pokemon in order from the pokedex on ummmm!. 0.o" He must have all the time and the memory in the world to do that.

It'll take all of 5 minutes (or less) to set up an IRC room. It just means one of you has to get off there ass and do it~

[b][size=3] Yeah, quite simple actually. However I would suggest on getting more members to agree to this before we actually open up one.

Alucard
26th April 2006, 07:15 AM
And then you'll see a flood of @'s using really badly coded scripts lolz.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
26th April 2006, 09:32 AM
maybe you should set up a poll somewhere?

Chris
26th April 2006, 10:21 AM
irc.zirc.org // #tpm - let's see how this works out.

http://www.zirc.org/chat for people without an IRC client.

Lady Vulpix
26th April 2006, 10:36 AM
I'm trying to connect with GAIM and I'm having problems (it disconnects before it's even done connecting). Is the server up and running? What's the port? Are there any restrictions to join?

Chris
26th April 2006, 11:19 AM
I'm trying to connect with GAIM and I'm having problems (it disconnects before it's even done connecting). Is the server up and running? What's the port? Are there any restrictions to join?

For servers/acceptable ports: http://www.zirc.org/servers

There are no channel keys that you need to enter, /join #tpm should work fine.