PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Ghost
29th April 2006, 05:50 PM
Well, obviously, this topic is about Oblivion :)

Does anybody else have this game? and if so, what system (PC or 360)

Also, how far are you into the game? I'm at the part were I have to shut the first oblivion gate.

PNT510
30th April 2006, 11:46 AM
[b]My brother got the game a couple days after it came out. We're in love with it. He bought it for the 360, because the video card for my PC kinda sucks at the moment.

I'm pretty far into. I've beaten about 3/4ths of the main quest. I'm the Imperial City Arena Champion, Guildmaster in the fighter's guild and have done about half the theives guild.

Ghost
2nd May 2006, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I have both cause my brother and I will fight over it constantly.

I'm the Arena Grand Champion, Thieve's guild footpad, Dark Brotherhood murderer, Fighters Guild associate, and something else...

I'm at the part in the game (Spoiler) were you have to go into those caverns after you get the mysterious xarxes or whatever.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
3rd May 2006, 01:26 AM
I have it on PC. Unfortunately, just like Morrowind was, it's not my thing. I played it for a day or two, got into some thieve's guild and travelled to the next town. Wonderful graphics but still I soon got bored with it. I'm not really a talented fighter in this game, always getting my whackig. Guess that's one of the reasons I haven't touched it in a while, hehe.

Crazy
7th May 2006, 12:21 PM
An excellent game, I've popped 60+ hours into it. I keep wanting to try out new characters though, it's cool, but terribly annoying.

Leon-IH
18th May 2006, 09:24 AM
This game is so damn good it doesn't provoke discussion, it's just that good.

Ghost
18th May 2006, 07:28 PM
This game is so damn good it doesn't provoke discussion, it's just that good.

Exactly. I love the damn game to death.

Almost finished the Thieves questline...

Pm-5000fan
25th May 2006, 02:46 PM
I agree that Oblivion is indeed a great game. The graphics are amazing and the storyline... Wow. I am currently trying to beat Morrowind (The Elder Scrolls 3) and if Oblivion can follow up to Morrowind, I smell a game of the year...

Elec Man EXE
5th June 2006, 04:34 PM
Its a pretty awesome game. Like Alex, though, I'm not very good at fighting (or mages aren't good at it).

I started off turning the difficulty all the way down as I usually do with this type of game, but then when I turned it back up to default I was getting owned 3 ways from sunday (getting killed in 3-4 hits and taking 5 or more to kill someone else).

Still play it though, just turned the difficulty back down a bit. The story/graphics are good enough that I'm OK 1-2 shot killing everything and never getting too beat down.

Red Angel
17th June 2006, 01:55 AM
I tried it, and it stutters pretty badly with unless I set the video quality to very low.

3GHz P4
1GB DDR400 RAM
NVida 5500FX 256MB

I'm guessing the video card's the weak link here, but there's not much I can do about it at the moment.