PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling gone wrong.... very wrong...

Mewfour
21st March 2003, 06:45 PM
From IGN.com (RE: WWE Wrestlemania XIX for the Nintendo Gamecube)

"Of course, the biggest addition of all comes in the form of the game's story mode. Last year's game included a 'Path of a Champion' mode as the main single-player option, but this time around the story mode is where it's at. Here players pick a superstar and then helplessly watch as Vince McMahon strips them of their status. One's wrestler is promptly kicked out of the WWE, and the goal of the game is to seek revenge and regain his or her dignity. Wrestlers will fight in many different backstage areas on a mission to destroy McMahon's commercial assets and bring honor back to their name.
There are five environments in all, and each is broken down into six missions. Players will fight in a McMahon's construction site (where they must destroy his operations), a shipping port (where they duke it out on his multi-million dollar yacht and eventually detonate it with a bomb), a shopping mall, a parking lot, and a fire station. Near the end of the story mode, gamers will work their way back into the ring and even participate in a few cage matches. In the final showdown, wrestlers must confront and defeat Vince McMahon himself in the ring.""

... And this is Wrestlemania.... how?

PNT510
21st March 2003, 08:16 PM
And I thought the basis of Def Jam Vendetta was lame.

Metal Claw
22nd March 2003, 09:19 AM
I actually like Def Jam Vendetta, it seems fun to me!

PNT510
22nd March 2003, 09:29 AM
I like the game play... but the whole story behind it is silly and lame to me, maybe it's just because I don't like rap?

Metal Claw
22nd March 2003, 09:42 AM
Maybe.
I agree- strange story.
:P

The Muffin Man
22nd March 2003, 08:38 PM
...it's one part of the entire game. Why are you complaining about just that? The entire game must not be too bad if you only whine about the tiniest part.

Mewfour
22nd March 2003, 08:56 PM
I'm not complaining, I just fail to see the "Wrestlemania" in the plot....

PNT510
22nd March 2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
...it's one part of the entire game. Why are you complaining about just that? The entire game must not be too bad if you only whine about the tiniest part.

Story mode is not tiny part. Wrestling games with poor story modes fail to make a majot impact. See WWF: Raw, WWF: Smack Down Just Bring It, WWE: Wrestlemania X8.

Mewfour
22nd March 2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by PNT510
Story mode is not tiny part. Wrestling games with poor story modes fail to make a majot impact. See WWF: Raw, WWF: Smack Down Just Bring It, WWE: Wrestlemania X8.

Actually, the only real complaint I had with x8 was that the engine was crap. Only 5 front and back grapples, the rushed engine that ran like a half-finished No Mercy, cheesy graphics, lame entrance pyros, poorly replaced entrance themes.... um...

Man, x8 was real crap....

shazza
23rd March 2003, 02:47 AM
Well, thank god I have an Xbox and am Getting WWE Raw: 2 Ruthless Agression. Storymode, grahpics and gameplay rule!!

PNT510
23rd March 2003, 11:08 AM
Well, we don't know if gameplay will rule, if they get rid of the stamina bar and make counters harder to pull off gameplay will own.

The Muffin Man
23rd March 2003, 02:58 PM
it's not "Story Mode" that makes the wrestling games good or bad. It's the Title mode. THAT is the "Story Mode" you should be worried about.

Hayabusa's Darkside
23rd March 2003, 03:19 PM
American wrestling games have sucked since No Mercy (IMO). Japanese games are the way to go. I haven't even looked at No Mercy since getting Fire Pro D for the Dreamcast, and No Mercy will be further buried when I get my Japanese PS2 and King of Colosseum.

American wrestling, in general, lacks depth anymore, so I'm not too suprised at this harebrained idea...

Mewfour
23rd March 2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Hayabusa's Darkside
American wrestling games have sucked since No Mercy (IMO). Japanese games are the way to go. I haven't even looked at No Mercy since getting Fire Pro D for the Dreamcast, and No Mercy will be further buried when I get my Japanese PS2 and King of Colosseum.

American wrestling, in general, lacks depth anymore, so I'm not too suprised at this harebrained idea...

Dude, No Mercy ruled. *waits for Def JamVndetta* We miss you, AKI!!

bb88
23rd March 2003, 09:37 PM
It'd be interesting to play as Triple H, that'll probably be the only time you see him stripped of his title :P

Ahhh the humor.

PNT510
24th March 2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
it's not "Story Mode" that makes the wrestling games good or bad. It's the Title mode. THAT is the "Story Mode" you should be worried about.

Aren't story mode and title mode the same in a wrestling game?

BaRs
25th March 2003, 02:58 PM
i think that title mode is the same as story mode .. :confused:

and this story line is not that good for WMXIX ??? That should be for an a action WWE game .. not wrestling ?? don't u think ??

And yes No mercy is the last good game for WWE ??

PNT510
25th March 2003, 08:33 PM
I disagree. No Mercy is the best WWE game, but Smackdown 4 is good.

Hayabusa's Darkside
25th March 2003, 08:45 PM
Bah. I still think WM2K pwns No Mercy. No Mercy may be newer, and it may be better organized, but at least you didn't have to unlock stuff in WM2k. And, WM2k didn't have the damn glitch, either...

PNT510
25th March 2003, 10:14 PM
What glitch?

BaRs
26th March 2003, 01:41 PM
Ya , WM2K is way better than no mercy .. but what i'm or he saying that its the last good game for WWE .. don't u think ??