PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Fix it, fix it now!!

SupremeChampion
4th May 2006, 10:27 AM
ok, so i was looking at the PCG page and noticed there were more games than anything... so yea i figured i'd just throw a random question out there for all you poll loving people.

ok, so my poll is if you could go back in time and change one thing in your past (just your past, we're not talking like going back to the jurassic age and stomping on a giant ant here) knowing that it would alter your future, would you take that opportunity. you have to keep in mind that there's always the risk that your life may not be changed to the way you wanted it, and if you do[i] go and change it, you can't have it changed back to the way it was. still, would you take that chance, or would you pass it up and keep living your life as is.

me personally, i would have to pass up the chance. sure, there are something's that i wish had gone differently with my life, but i can't say that i would want to risk what i have now for something worse, you know?

~The Italian Stallion

mr_pikachu
4th May 2006, 10:34 AM
...There's one big thing in my life that I've often wondered if I could change. The thing about it is that not only could I never have seen it coming, but there would have been nothing that anyone could have done about it (and I mean literally, anyone). Not to mention that overcoming that challenge has probably made me a better person, even though it was certainly hell at the time. I know things would be different I did find a way to change it, but frankly, things are probably better right now because of it.

And there's really nothing else that I'd honestly think to change. Ironic, isn't it? There's one major event that screwed up my life, and I couldn't have done a thing about it. Kinda funny, in a demented sort of way.

Knight of Time
4th May 2006, 10:55 AM
Hmm, this poll is going to be a tough one for me to answer, but here goes.

If I could change one thing from my past, I wish I would have not been shy towards girls in high school. From there I may have found the right girl for me in a person I used to be friends with, that is, before she got engaged last May and left me without any chance of being her boyfriend (even today, I'd not want to be her boyfriend incase she became single again, simply because she just isn't the kind of girl I thought I might want). But, to change the past so that this girl would be single and no longer engaged would be likely very unfair to her, and even then, if I did that, I'd also be risking the possibility of breaking the heart of another girl I'm very sure had a crush on me in high school despite my shyness. Breaking a girl's heart just isn't one of the things I'd want to do, in a nutshell.

Dark-San
5th May 2006, 10:34 AM
[b][size=3] True, the games are too dominating in PCG. Everytime when there is an update in the games, polls like yours get push out from the radar. Unless of course, somebody comes in and sticky it. ^.^

If it is only one thing that I would change, I would have to consider it very carefully since this change will somehow bring about a major change in my future. If I could do more than just one change, this change would be a hell lot easier.

I'm not very sure but I have done several things in the past that I wish to undo them. One incident was when I was young. Being a childish kid, I would used to pull all sort of pranks on people and always climb a lot around the house. Thus making me a troublesome and active kid even for my parents to handle. There was once when I was playing Tarzen, I fell from the top of the top and cut myself on the forehead. It was a deep wound and it left a nasty scar behind despite it being healed.

This was a lesson taught and I would hope that this scar can go away.

Master of Paradox
5th May 2006, 10:58 AM
I just encountered one. Given the chance to go back in time, I would go back to the beginning of this semester, kick my past self out of a chair, pin my past self to the ground with one boot and order him to actually focus on his classwork.

If I could do that, I wouldn't be in my current dilemma.

Inferno_Dragon
5th May 2006, 05:07 PM
There is one thing I would want to change. When I was little, I had pneumonia for 6 months. It kept me practically indoors for a long time. That really did kind of cut me of from society. So my ability to interact with others was not very good. If I could, I would make sure that they came up with a cure so I wouldn't spend 6 months stuck in the house.

phaedrus
6th May 2006, 07:06 PM
probably not. mostly because that requires motivation, and that is something i lack at the moment. and anyways, i'm fairly happy with where i am now, and that is sufficient.

Blademaster
6th May 2006, 11:05 PM
I'd go back a few days ago and erase all the posts I made here at TPMF - I think I got somebody here really pissed off at me. :redface:

And people being pissed off at me puts pressure on me. :sweat:

And, in the brilliant words of Lewis Black:

"And I don't respond well to PRESSURE!" :eek: