PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] A moveset for Furret

Foguet
6th May 2006, 07:23 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Hello to everybody.

Now, I have thought of a moveset with Furret which is very useful for me, as my Furret has been invincible in all battles I've used him, even against 00bers and legendaries. Nevertheless, my opponents aren't too... "experienced", so I'd like to know the opinion of other advanced trainers.

It's:

Amnesia
Curse
Rest
Strength

With Mint Berry

The idea is to begin battle using Curse or Amnesia, whichever is more suited against the opponent Furret is facing. If Furret's HP drop to dangerous levels, he can use Rest, from which he will wake up inmediately thanks to the Mint Berry. Now he'll be with full HP again, but with a stronger defense and special defense, he'll be harder to defeat. Keep doing this until both defense and special defense have been boosted to the max. Then, use the super attack that Curse has given Furret to sweep the opponents with Strength.

What's your oppinion?

Silver_Persian
6th May 2006, 08:35 PM
Thats basically the standard furret set...but really, it isnt doing anything that snorlax cants do 100 times better.

Also, why strength? Return?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th May 2006, 02:38 AM
Curse_Double-edge_Rest_Doubleteam/Shadowball.

Foguet
7th May 2006, 03:08 AM
Thats basically the standard furret set...but really, it isnt doing anything that snorlax cants do 100 times better.

Also, why strength? Return?

LOL Where I live Furret's standard set is something like Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Shadow Ball/Dig. :p

I chose Strength because Return isn't too useful if you keep your Pokémon in Pokémon Stadium 2, and Slash doesn't deliver as many critical hits as it did in R/B/Y.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th May 2006, 03:30 AM
Try my set with Double-edge as your strong move. You can alter Doubleteam for Shadowball if you fear ghosts. Once set up this thing can sweep like hell.

Foguet
7th May 2006, 03:38 AM
The problem is that Curse and Amnesia give instant protection against attacks, while Double Team, especially at the beginning when you've only used it once or twice, doesn't reduce the amount of damage you can deal. So a Pokémon with a precise attack such as Surf or Psychic could knock Furret out before it has the time to use enough Double Teams.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th May 2006, 03:42 AM
Well Amnesia won't protect you that much, seeing that he already has a low Sp.Def. Amnesia is pretty pointless IMO.

Foguet
7th May 2006, 04:25 AM
It does work for me, even against Super Pokémon such as Mewtwo, Lugia, Mew or Celebi. After 3 Amnesia, Furret can withstand easily 5 Psychic attacks from any of them.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th May 2006, 05:16 AM
Yeah, but most pokemon would just go for a T-wave on Furret, then use Swordsdance and sweep you with EQ/Return. Dead Furret.

Foguet
7th May 2006, 05:20 AM
I see... It's just that I'm a bit reluctant to use Double Team on Furret too because many of my Pokémon have it and this is going to become :rolleyes: boring, if they're all the same.

SupremeChampion
7th May 2006, 11:59 AM
[i]yea, i know DT might be a repetitive move, but if you can reel off enough DT's, your furret will be more or less unhitable. its just something to keep in mind, plus if you start to think of it as boring, change your thinking to this: strategy lol

~The Italian Stallion

MeLoVeGhOsTs
8th May 2006, 03:55 AM
I'm no supporter of Double Team since I think it's cheap, but if someone deserves it it's Furret...