PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine

Alucard
8th May 2006, 03:06 AM
If nobody knows what he's doing at this moment in time, he's locked in a box filled with water for 7 days. To me, it's just a rip of what Criss Angel did years ago but for a longer amount of time. But meh..

Does anybody really care what he does? Be it locking himself in a box for however amount of days or standing on a big pole for whatever length of time. I personally think he's a constantly stoned nut lolz.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th May 2006, 05:45 AM
Personally it doesn't interest me but apparently he's making a very nice bundle through sponsors so some marketing managers seem to think he draws quite some attention. And surely he does, there's a report on the whole subject in Austrian newspapers today and online as well.

I prefer magicians doing card tricks personally.

Kris
8th May 2006, 09:38 AM
Its been done. A guy down here in the westcountry lived underwater in the sea for a longer time than David is doing. It was done for charity so wasnt hugely publicised.

Blademaster
8th May 2006, 03:52 PM
I don't think David Blaine is really a magician, to be honest... Maybe a daredevil, but he's no magician. He's never even pulled a rabbit out of a hat or cut a lady in half...

He's locked in a snow globe... Woooooooh, big trick - he's not even holding his breath! He's just doing some meditation-thing to knock himself out. What else has he done? Buried alive, frozen in ice... and last time, in 2003 I think, what was his big trick?

He was in a box and he wouldn't eat anything.

(snorts)

Living in a box and not eating anything? That's no trick - that's called living in the projects!

Dark Scizor
8th May 2006, 05:26 PM
So, he's living in a water filled bubble for a week?

Seems kinda boring to me.

phaedrus
8th May 2006, 08:35 PM
magicians have gone nutso.

they are worthless...

Dark Dragonite
8th May 2006, 08:36 PM
Actually, being locked in a box/cell, and not eating, I believe Ghandi did that years ago, and it was for a better cause...
South Park accurately portrayed Blaine...LOL
Houdini was a much better magician...

Alucard
9th May 2006, 02:53 AM
So, he's living in a water filled bubble for a week?

Seems kinda boring to me.

Yeah, it's just as exciting as living in a box. Maybe next he'll try a pyramid struture.

He's not a magician btw, he calls himself a "showman" or "entertainer".

Sceptile_Master
9th May 2006, 07:03 PM
I tell you what I call him. A moron. I don't like him at all. Yeah so your doing another pointless stunt. I wouldn't be surprised if he was smugled food into that box. Oh well hope you have another great few weeks in hospital afterwards dave.

SupremeChampion
10th May 2006, 10:24 AM
[i]i think it's funny that he needed 2 hours to try to hold his breath underwater for 9 minutes, and then he didn't even get that. but do you think he cares? no, he's already got his money. maybe for his next stunt he can go find himself some talent, or people who actually care what he's doing anymore.

and i, for one, like my magicians to do card tricks, and make people levetate, and all that fun stuff.

~The Italian Stallion

Milliardo
11th May 2006, 09:22 PM
Well, Houdini did the same thing and was called a magician. Blaine does magic tricks though, apart from doing stunts like this.

Alucard
12th May 2006, 03:08 AM
Well, Houdini did the same thing and was called a magician. Blaine does magic tricks though, apart from doing stunts like this.

But Houdini was a genius, Blaine's just an ass. I thought he was dead when they pulled him out.

As for magicians, I think Criss Angel and Lance Burton are the best.

Dark Dragonite
12th May 2006, 08:29 AM
Hey, what about those guys with the tigers, Sigfield and Roy, at the very least, watching a tiger hunt is entertaining

Blademaster
12th May 2006, 01:35 PM
Hey, what about those guys with the tigers, Sigfield and Roy, at the very least, watching a tiger hunt is entertaining

Yeah, but watching a tiger tear Roy's face off is more entertaining. :lol:

I think that David Copperfield can perform circles around David Blaine...

Alucard
12th May 2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah, but watching a tiger tear Roy's face off is more entertaining. :lol:

I think that David Copperfield can perform circles around David Blaine...

Yeah, flying over the grand canyon with "hero" being sung in the background is far more entertaining lol.

phaedrus
12th May 2006, 03:29 PM
magic is the art of scamming people of their money.

'nuff said.

Alucard
13th May 2006, 03:03 AM
magic is the art of scamming people of their money.

'nuff said.

Just like the music industry charging people $20 for a CD that only costs 10 cents to make.

Dark Dragonite
13th May 2006, 08:05 AM
Just like the music industry charging people $20 for a CD that only costs 10 cents to make.

Arrrr me mateys, 'tis why we have P2Ps based overseas...

SupremeChampion
13th May 2006, 11:24 AM
[color=cyan]i do have to say, houdini was a genius... but still i mean if blaine did magic tricks, why not just stick with them? i mean, sure getting yourself frozen alive (or was it living in ice) or something like that was cool the first time, but i mean it gets old after a while. and i mean why couldn't they just have a normal 30 min. dedicated to his stunt? i may not understand the physics of being able to hold your breath under water for 9 min., but i'm pretty sure it doesn't take two hours to explain it/show him training.[/color

[i]~The Italian Stallion

Greyfox
13th May 2006, 12:52 PM

Don't be ignorant.

-drew

Jay Umbreon
19th May 2006, 08:55 AM
hmmm, I havn't heard about this new stunt Blaine's pulling off...I guess it's safe to say, that over here in the UK at least, he's received less press and media attention lately. He was all over the places when he did that 'not eating' thing in London, but ever since =\ I've kinda forgotton about him, lol.

I guess everyone has to make a living..
he just starves himself and such, to do so.

~Jay x

Alucard
19th May 2006, 09:21 AM
hmmm, I havn't heard about this new stunt Blaine's pulling off...I guess it's safe to say, that over here in the UK at least, he's received less press and media attention lately. He was all over the places when he did that 'not eating' thing in London, but ever since =\ I've kinda forgotton about him, lol.

I guess everyone has to make a living..
he just starves himself and such, to do so.

~Jay x

Right back atcha drew.

He failed it anyway Jay. Nearlly died doing so aswell. The excuses where mildly amusing though.

Greyfox
19th May 2006, 12:38 PM
You blatantly pulled crap out of your ass that had nothing to do with the topic at hand; you're the one being ignorant, not I.

-drew

Alucard
19th May 2006, 02:02 PM
You blatantly pulled crap out of your ass that had nothing to do with the topic at hand; you're the one being ignorant, not I.

-drew

Kinda like what you're doing now huh? Good luck with that.

Greyfox
19th May 2006, 02:11 PM
You were the one who brought up the issue in question, something that has nothing to do with the topic (which you started, no less).

I merely told you not to be ignorant because your statement was both irrelevent and idiotic.

-drew

Alucard
19th May 2006, 02:36 PM
You were the one who brought up the issue in question, something that has nothing to do with the topic (which you started, no less).

I merely told you not to be ignorant because your statement was both irrelevent and idiotic.

-drew

I was merely responding to a post about scamming people and voicing my opinion.

Irrelevent and idiotic huh? Kinda like this lil conversation that you started. Nice work.

Blademaster
19th May 2006, 04:45 PM
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!

Drew, Alucard, time out! Why are you guys fighting over nothing? Neither of you is making much sense right now, so why not just drop it and move on - there's no sense getting all hot and bothered over something so menial and pointless...

-Blade

Greyfox
19th May 2006, 08:38 PM
I was merely responding to a post about scamming people and voicing my opinion.

Irrelevent and idiotic huh? Kinda like this lil conversation that you started. Nice work.

That I started? I'm sorry, but you're the one who brought it up. I was merely "stating my opinion", as you'd say. I simply cannot hold anyone, who honestly thinks that it takes a mere dime to make a compilation of songs, in high regard.

I'm done with this.

-drew

Alucard
20th May 2006, 04:20 AM
That I started? I'm sorry, but you're the one who brought it up. I was merely "stating my opinion", as you'd say. I simply cannot hold anyone, who honestly thinks that it takes a mere dime to make a compilation of songs, in high regard.

I'm done with this.

-drew

If you can't see that you started it with the "ignorant" comment then I do indeed feel sorry for your parents for raising a moron.

Pm-5000fan
24th May 2006, 09:10 PM
Ignoring the online arguement... :rolleyes:

Everybody knows that all magicians have a rabit up their sleeve or an air pocket or something in the tank of water. Just ignore magicians. It is just their way of getting attention.