PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - Future Echoes (Begins)

Ultimate Charizard
8th May 2006, 07:06 PM
Ok, gonna get this going. Post your signup again here please for quick reference.

PLOT
----------

Welcome to the year 2550. 544 years into our Future which roughly works out to be 7/8 generations down the line. The world has advanced in many ways, a Utopian society. There is no crime, no disease and nothing to Fear. Well there is one thing to fear. Pokemon.
These arent normal pokemon however. Long ago, some say around 500 years ago a team of criminals set about the goal of capturing and enslaving the Worlds Pokemon. Many beleived them mad and many great trainers and pokemon alike rose to stop them. Over a century ago however, they suceeded and the Pokemon of the world dissapeared, captured by Team Rocket (yup its them). It wasnt long however before the world was introduced to a new type of Pokemon. Deciding that real pokemon were 'untrustworthy' and would eventually escape from the Teams own evil trainers and fight back against them a replacement was made. With the advancement of Robotics, mechanical clones of the Pokemon were made. Each showing the same strengths and abilities of their real life counterparts. The populace quickly learned to fear and despise anyone that controlled these pokemon. Grunts of this Team Rocket, commanded these monstrosities and they were given as Gifts to high ranking officials and members of any political power. As much a gift as a way of controlling the world, the reason crime didnt exist was simply because there was noone that dared enforce the laws against Team Rocket. Every form of Authority at the highest level firmly in their Pocket.
Everyone was under the thumb of Team Rocket, All except for one Company however. The Oak foundation for Pokemon Research was long regarded as the Foremost experts on Pokemonology and had long Defied the Rockets. Now reduced to a Museum, for people who have never seen a real life pokemon (even the staff there have never seen one apart from on Recordings) they have secretly endeavoured to find out what happened to the Real pokemon that they knew had once vanished from the planet. They used everything at their disposal untill one Researcher suggested the use of Time Travel. To go back and research pokemon back in their natural environment, possibly to bring some forward and repopulate the planet.
The Rockets found out about this plot however and knew this could not be allowed to happen. Nothing could stand up to their Robomon (as they had been nicknamed), nothing except maybe the real thing. They attacked the Foundation without Mercy. Crushing the building and destroying the technology.
....not before the machine was activated however. And this is where you come in. The machine did its job, in part. It looked back through time, locked onto a suitably large group of pokemon signals and opened a portal. Unfortunately it opened in reverse. It had found a large gathering of Pokemon, mainly in the Pokeball's of their trainers at this years Pokemon League Tournament and as the Portal opened, rather than creating a passage for the scientists, it pulled a number of trainers through. Dumping them into the future, into a world without Pokemon, except Theirs!

--------------------------------------------

Basically you will be one of these Trainers. Pokemon League hopefulls, Contenders, or just plain spectators. You dont have to be masters, but you are all trainers to some degree. There will be Limitations on Pokemon and i will explain (dont want everyone with a Maxed out team.

There is no Pokemon transport sytem anymore (any other pokemon u had wont exist anymore) so the ones you pick here are your team for good. (well for now Wink)

Teams should consist of 6 Pokemon. Only 2 can be fully evolved and you should have at least 2 Basic pokemon so the highest evolved team you could have would be 2 Fully evolved/2 2nd stage evo's/2 Basics. Pokemon that only evolve once, like Jynx would either be fully evolved or basic. Cannot be passed into the 2nd stage category. Meaning that any 2nd stagers you have would be able to evolve again (ie Wartortle or Graveller). Of course if you wish you can have a team of Basics or just no Full evolutions. Its upto you. You will be allowed 1 Non Evolver. (Snorlax/Aerodactly) which will Class as a 2nd stage rather than a Basic.

So, onto the form.

Name:
Looks:
Personality:
Background: (Why were you at the finals etc)
Pokemon: (include any nicknames/shineys/extras here etc here)
Other:

And heres mine again.

Name: Gavin Wynder
Looks: Stands about 6ft tall, brown hair, blue eyes. Wears Blue Jeans and a black t-shirt. Black Fingerless Gloves. (laughably out of style retro in the year 2550) Average build. Pretty athletic kinda person.
Personality: Likes a Joke. Can get really serious when he needs to be and always stands by people he calls friends. Kinda hard to trust people and doesnt like to lead but likes his opinions listened to.
Background: his First year of entering. Has been able for quite a few years but wanted to make sure he was really ready before going for it.
Pokemon:
http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/006.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/212.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/025.png
http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/shiny/095.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/001.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/008.png
*Pikachu has an extreme dislike for any other 'Chu' as he was bullied as a Pichu.
Other: Im sorry, i reeeeaaally tried not to be an Ash Clone. Little pecker uses all my Favourites!

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!
------------------------

Gav
-----

"AW MY HEAD" I yelled as the universe stopped spinning. Little did i know how fitting an analogy that was. I heard more moans and groans around me, possibly someone throwing up. I stood slowly on shaky legs to see a number of people stood around me in a circle, not just around me but a whole bunch of people all lying on the ground or slowly getting up. They werent the same crowds i would have expected to see though. I had expected the crowd outside the Indigo Stadium, all making their way for the next match. Instead the crowds seemed somewhat pedestrain. No Hustle and Bustle and they were all dressed oddly. Kinda like a Sci-fi convention.
I looked at the sign in the background as i stood. Indigo Battle Museum it read. It looked similar to the Stadium but not as old...as if it had been torn down and replaced with an 'almost but not quite' copy.
The others within the Circle finally stood and got to their feet, looking as confused as myself. I checked my watch to see how long id been out and heard a few sniggers from the crowd. "look at their clothes i heard a few times. "well theyre dressed like hobo's maybe thats why they were all lying there came from another direction. I was about to speak up when a scream was heard from somewhere outside the circle. They parted to see a girl running from a small wooded area, screaming as loud as she could. Moments later the trees crashed down, broken cleanly in half by something and what looked to be at least Dozen Golem charged into view.

"Golem, i know they have them on Victory road but this far north?" someone else in the group commented. The others in the center of he circle instinctivley reached for their belts, as did myself and picking two pokeballs i threw them. As they flew i wondered why it was only this small bunch that had reacted, why wasnt anyone else helping?
"Scizor, Wartortle, Stop that Stampede!" i shouted as the Pokeballs opened. The others too had released their pokemon and as soon as they Materialised the crowd around us broke, running in panicked fear and the screams got louder. "THEY HAVE THEM TOO, THEYRE ROCKETS...RUN!"
'Rockets?' i thought, the name sounding familiar but i ignored it and turned back to the situation. Why they werent trying to help i had no idea but someone had to stop these Pokemon.

------------------------------------------------------------
Just a quick opener, need to point out though, you do not know they are robots, and you do not know its the future.

Bulbasaur4
8th May 2006, 08:08 PM
[color=royalblue]
Name: Raene Orlan
Looks: [ See 1st Attachment ] She looks like that, but a little bit tanner because she's grown up on the Islands. She's also not very adept to cold weather... but can tolerate any type of hot weather. Her top remains the same but her bottoms are usually light jean shorts and she wears light brown sandals.
Personality: Raene is the type of girl who can’t sit still and watch the world pass her by. She is ambitious and doesn’t like the idea of everyone passing her up- which has a little bit to do on her family history. She’s a caring person and once she decides someone is her friend, she instantly becomes a strong advocate for them and is very protective. She has a very soft heart for pokemon and this is proven with her pokemon, Shade.
Background: Raene grew up on the Orange Islands and her family owned a rather large part of one of the Islands. That island was a refuge for injured pokemon, and Raene helped her parents take care of many of the pokemon. When she was eleven, she decided to take part in the Orange Island league. She had a few pokemon that she had nurtured back from health, and using them she managed to collect all of the badges and placed 2nd in the Orange Island tournament. Feeling pretty happy about her team, she decided that she wanted to go adventuring and didn’t want to be held to just the Orange Islands. So she said goodbye to her parents and entered in both the Kanto and Johto leagues. She did extremely well in both, placing in at least the top five… and it was the Kanto league that she withdrew. She was in the championship battle and suddenly her pokemon- Shade, fell extremely ill. Having the heart to know that her pokemon was more important than any battle, she withdrew and took several months off to take care of Shade. After that, she was given a letter by the Pokemon League giving her the grant and permission to start her own gym. She graciously accepted, however she decided she was going to try at the Kanto tournament once again and then start her gym afterwards. Thus, she entered the Kanto tournament and was in the finals… and then she was sucked into that time portal!
Pokemon:
Umbreon – [ Shade | F ] – Shade was rescued by police from Team Rocket when they were doing genetic experiments. Injured and weakened, they sent Shade to Raene’s parent’s facility to be taken care of. Shade has psychic enhancements from an Espeon, giving her glowing violet rings and ice-bitten blue eyes. (Hope that is okay Gav… but you know Shade! ^_^)
Arcanine – [ Fenrir | M ] – Fenrir is almost a normal Arcanine, but he is slightly larger and his hair is silky and longer. Also has blue eyes.
Eevee – [ Dawn | M ] – Dawn is the youngest pokemon out of all of Raene’s pokemon. Dawn tends to be a little bit niave and … well, very innocent.
Bagon – [ Loki | F ] – Loki was found by Raene near one of the shores of the islands. He appeared to be drowning so Raene rescued him.
Shuppet – [ Davi | M ] – Davi is pretty normal, Raene found Davi freaking out some locals and captured him.
Vaporeon - [ Tyle | M ] - Tyle was Raene's father's starter pokemon and was given as a gift.
Other: Not that I can think of yet.

Raene Orlan[color=royalblue]

Raene slowly rose upwards, feeling as if her was about to burst as she blinked a few times. Her vision was blurry and after a few slow blinks, her eyes adjusted to the light as she gazed about her slowly. Her head still pounded slightly as she shakily rose to her feet, staggering as she heard a few other moans from the group. Glancing about, she saw a few others upon the ground getting up slowly. Her ice-bitten blue eyes gazed about as she saw the Indigo Stadium near them, however it seemed a bit different than the Indigo Stadium she remembered…. And why were they all outside?
“Brrrree…” A slow growl seemed to rise from nothing, but Raene looked down to see Shade standing comfortably next to Raene’s body. Her bewitching ice-bitten blue eyes stared back up at Raene, as her head tilted to the side as if to say, “that was weird.” However, before Raene could inquire further… a few voices caught her attention. People were walking by and pointing at them, almost as if making fun of them. Blinking slightly, Raene looked about baffled… and she also noticed that the people walking by looked remarkably odd. Their clothes seemed different… their hairstyles… and none of them oddly, had any pokemon by them. Shade seemed to stand out like a sore thumb, however nothing caught their attention until suddenly a scream pierced the air.
Turning her head to the side, she saw people running as huge golems seemed to appear from the forest. They were screaming… running as if for their lives. A few of the trainers unleashed their pokemon, and at this the people who had been walking by screamed further. They talked about Team Rocket… and it dawned upon Raene that they were calling her a member of Team Rocket! Shade snapped a daring gaze at one of the people running away, obviously quite insulted by such a remark.
“No time to worry about that now… we have some heavy Golems on our hands.” Raene said instinctively, looking towards Shade who seemed to give a nod as if knowing what to do.
“However, since it does seem like these Golems are attacking…” Raene said again, watching as a Golem smashed into a few vehicle-like devices. “… I’m going to give all the help I can give. Let’s go Tyle and Davi! Help Shade stop these Golems!” With that, a beautiful Vaporeon materialized along with a daunting ghost of a Shuppet. They joined Shade as they stood ahead of Raene, eyeing the opponent.
“You guys know what to do… their just rock pokemon. Give them a rude awakening!” Shade gave a nod as her violet rings seemed to glow intensely, her blue eyes swirling with an enchanted look as a violet aura rapidly grew about her body. Tyle the Vaporeon closed her eyes for a moment, as clouds began gather slightly and rain started to fall from the sky… (woot! Rain Dance!) and Davi the Shuppet just merely floated at the Golems, preparing to use a ghostly attack. However, in the midst of it all… a few more pokemon joined in, and some of them Raene recognized from other trainers and friends.
But it seemed so odd… why was no one else joining in?

classy_cat18
8th May 2006, 08:54 PM
Name: Naomi Windfall
Looks: African American with dark skin, short height (5'3"), and skinny build. Always wears the basic T-shirt and jeans. Her white sneakers are dirty from all of the traveling. She wears a bracelet that has charms that represents the eight Gyms of Kanto. She wears her brown hair in a ponytail.
Personality: Quiet, shy, but can be quite talkative when she gets to know someone. She talks to her Pokemon more than to humans. She's brave when she needs to and can be loyal to the end.
Background: This is her third time here. She's lost the first two times and each time she goes to another region to get more Pokemon. She thinks that she's got the best team yet.
Pokemon: Female shiny Zangoose (Katana), Male Charmeleon (Draco), Female Heracross (Moriko), Male Wartortle (Cannon). Moriko's enthusiastic about everything (especially battling), Katana's usually brooding and Draco's pretty much normal,
Other: Can't think about anything else right now.

"What in the world happened?" I asked myself as I held my head, hoping that will help with the colossal headache that I had. The world was spinning so I didn't notice at first of my new surroundings. The first thing I saw when my vision righted itself was my now panicky Wartortle. "What's wrong?" I asked Cannon.

"Tortle! War war war!" He pointed everywhere and continued yelling until he just couldn't take it anymore and withdrew himself inside his shell.

I now knew why he was acting like that. First of all, I was still at the Stadium but it seemed to have undergone an instant renovation. Next thing was the way the people dressed. Like I was at one of those nerdy conventions. Finally, and this was the weirdest part, was the horde of Golem charging everyone. What are they doing here? Why are they among this many people?

I realized that something bad was going to happen if I didn't help the other trainers. I nudged Cannon's shell to coax him out. "I know you're scared but we have to help them!" I said boldly.

That made him pop out and face the crowd of Golem. As soon as the futuristic people saw Cannon in all of his glory they stopped and gawked. Some even said comments that I didn't understand. I ignored them and turned back to Cannon. "Water Gun! Hit as many as you can!" I shouted.

Outlaw JT
9th May 2006, 12:32 AM
Name: Jackson Michaels, friends call him Jax
Looks: 6'2", bleached white hair with a bright blue streak going all the way back from each temple. Athletic build. Jackson has a disarming smile and a fire in his deep crystal blue eyes. He wears black pants, black boots, and a skin tight black sleeveless shirt under a thin blood red trench coat (ala Dante).
Personality: strong, determined, he's the kind of guy that never gives up and never lets up. The only thing that ever makes him hesitate is putting those he cares about in mortal danger. If they're already in mortal danger he does everything he can to get them out of it. Sometimes he can get a bit too serious but he usually keeps a level head and a good sense of humor. He's the kind of guy that takes charge when things get serious. He can be extremely stubborn.
Background: Jackson is a career pokemon trainer. He's been at it for 8 years. His first tournament was this one 5 years ago where he placed 16th with 8 other trainers. After the Kanto tournament he redoubled his efforts moving on to train for the Hoenn league championship. After 8 months of training and gymn battles he entered and finished 8th. Still not satisfied he moved back closer to home and began travelling and training in Johto. When the Johto league championship came he finished 4th. Frustrated with his inability to win any of the tournaments he spent the next year and a half travelling randomly, going wherever the wind took him. He ended up in the Orange Islands where he discovered an interesting new type of 'league'. It took two tries at one of the four badge challenges but he eventually got them all and was allowed to challenge the Orange Island Champion Drake. After a very long and taxing battle Jackson manages to win by a hair and claims his Orange League Trophy. Fueled by his recent triumph he is determined to return to Kanto just in time for the league championship tournament. He made it back from the Orange Islands with only a day to spare for registration.
Pokemon:
name - Jazz (m) http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/019.png Is as stubborn, determined and relentless as his trainer. Jazz has an X shaped scar on his forehead.
name - Taneth (f) http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/shiny/213.png Has a comical behavior outside of battle.
name - Khar-Ren (m) http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/shiny/260.png Khar-Ren is a bit grumpy and doesn't get along with people or pokemon he hasn't known for a long time. On rare occasion he might pretend not to listen to his trainer if it means getting to battle a really strong opponent.
name - Jade (f) http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/330.png Jade is very protective and nurturing. She'll go out of her way to protect her trainer and friends.
name - Golem (m) http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/shiny/305.png Golem can be a bit lazy but will always snap out of it when things get serious.
name - Cerberus (m) http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/228.png Cerberus is almost always hungry and will eat practically anything.
Other:

[color=purple]Jackson Michaels, Jax to his friends
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tournament had been going flawlessly. His pokemon were in the best shape ever and they were working in perfect unison with him. He was certain they were just two matches away from taking home the title they had worked so long to earn. And then..... he woke up in a patch of dirt with a handful of other trainers. Some he recognized from matches he'd watched after he'd won his, others he didn't recall at all. Never the less, they all seemed to be confused and out of place. How did they get there?

His thoughts still hadn't managed to focus when a herd of golem burst through a nearby treeline in pursuit of a girl. That brought at least part of his mind into crystal clarity. He had to do something or people would get hurt.

Almost simultaneously with a few of the other seemingly out of place trainers he tossed out a pair of pokeballs. A deep purple shaded swampert and a majestic yet serene looking flygon emerged and looked back at him immediately. They seemed to feel as out of place as he did.

"Questions later guys. Khar-Ren, blast the ground 15 feet ahead of the stampede with muddy water and spread it out as much as you can. Jade, as soon as the golems cross the mud focus an earthquake attack there," Jackson spoke without hesitation.

With the ground sufficiently saturated it would make it very soft. Throw in a well aimed earthquake attack and anything standing or moving through that fresh and thick mud would sink down into it. It should be enough to hault the golems charge. It should buy enough time for them to get between the golems and any bystanders so they can start pushing them back. And as soon as the stampede was turned back they could figure out what was going on.

*Duke*
9th May 2006, 02:39 AM
Name: Christopher Fawkes

Looks: Stands about 6ft tall, brown hair, green eyes. Christopher has an athletic build he wears brown cargo pants and a white shirt with a green vest, along with black fingerless gloves with a thin piece of metal on top of the back of his hands.

Personality: Christopher is rather serious when it comes to training and makes sure that all of his Pokémon are in top fighting condition. He makes sure to push him and them to their limits and beyond.

Background: This is Christopher’s first year of entering. He’s very clueless as to what to expect, but he will rely on his Pokémon and knows that they will fight with all their strength.

Pokemon: Ash (F) - Ninetails/ Sycamore (M) - Treecko/ Saka (F) - Absol/ Kuja (M) - Dragonite/ Scry (F) - Kirlia/ Frost (M) - Sealeo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christopher’s skull pounded as if he had been hit by a tuck. He had no idea what was going on, one minute the sounds of the crowd seemed almost cascade around him like a waterfall and the next they weren’t there at all. The only things he could make out where the long groans of others stirring awake and the small chatter of others passing by. As he rolled over and lifted himself up his vision began to clear and his sense of nausea began to clear as he tried to get a good look at where he was.

The Indigo Stadium, it had taken him a long time and a lot of effort on his and his Pokémon’s part, though seeing it made it all worth it. Though for some reason, the Stadium seemed different for it now said: Indigo Battle Museum. As others stirred and picked themselves up, he could make out others moving around them as he looked at them he noticed they were giving looks at him as if he was alien to this world, when it seemed they themselves seemed out of place. Everyone seemed to be dressed in rather odd fashions and styles then he had seen around the stadium a while ago. Though looking at his own clothes, he never dressed with a style in mind.

Though before he could observe anymore of the oddities around him, a scream ahead of him could be heard as a girl ran past and while looking at the area she had come felt the rumbling in the ground as the forest gave way to what appeared to be several Golem. Reaching at his belt he pulled out the only Pokémon he knew that could handle the stampede.

“Sycamore and Frost attack!” Christopher called out as the Pokémon released he could hear screams from the people around him as they all yelled: “THEY HAVE THEM TOO, THEY’RE ROCKETS…RUN!” Though he had heard the name before he had no idea what they had meant. For the time being his attention focused on the charging Pokémon for his protection and those around him, then perhaps he could get a good idea as to what was going on.

VirtualPlay
9th May 2006, 04:43 AM
Name: Kat Follin (short for Katharine, which she hates long)
Looks: Kat is tall for her age, even taller than most boys her age. She has a natural slender build that quite often (mostly to her dismay) catches the eyes of boys. Her hair is a natural mix of brown and blond, both colors enhanced by her exposure to the sun. Her eyes are a bright sparkling green.
For clothes, Kat is used to wearing minimal clothing due to the heat of the Islands (despite the unwanted attention), but she had more of a choice in visiting the not-so-hot area of Kanto. On that day she was wearing a knee-length black jean skirt and a sky-blue baby-doll tee, as well as a set of white tights, a pair of plain black soft sneakers, and a lightweight, dark-blue zip-up jacket; in her bag is a blue jean ankle skirt she was planning to change into later after the sun set. Her bag is in the shape of a Snorlax and is very large and fuzzy.
Personality: Kat is a very bright and cheerful person, but her training journey has helped her grow out of any naďveté she might have had. She's very friendly, caring, and personable, assuming she's not dealing with a guy who's ogling her.
Background: Kat grew up and did most of her training around the Orange Islands. She lived close to Raene and had her as a close friend and went through the Orange Island league with her, though she didn't place very high in that tournament. When Raene went off to Kanto and Johto, Kat stayed behind and got better by re-entering the Orange Island tournament every year, improving enough to make 4th in the last tournament.
Kat has only been off of the Islands twice in her life. The first was to watch and cheer on Raene when she was in the Johto League tournament. She went back to the islands with Raene after she withdrew from the tournament. The only other time has been this time, when she went to cheer on Raene in the Kanto League tournament. And that's when she got sucked into the portal.
Pokemon:
http://img.virtualplay.net/pkmn/nf/dragonitesprite.gif Draggy (F - Dragonite)
Draggy was Kat's first Pokémon, raised from a Dratini she found injured in a small pool while traveling with her father (she was about 8 at the time). Draggy is very protective of Kat, but immediately trusts almost anyone that Kat trusts.
http://img.virtualplay.net/pkmn/nf/laprassprite.gif Aurora (F - Lapras)
Aurora was a gift to Kat from her father (who was a very successful trainer) when she wanted to go through the Orange Islands League. She was Kat's main source of transportation between islands, but has also been through many battles.
http://img.virtualplay.net/pkmn/nf/snorlaxsprite.gif Gluttony (M - Snorlax)
Gluttony is rather ironically named, as he doesn't eat as much as most Snorlax do; he's also slightly smaller than the average Snorlax. Kathy found him swimming off the coast of her home island, causing some slightly dangerous waves, so she went out and caught him.
http://img.virtualplay.net/pkmn/nf/metangsprite.gif Clang (? - Metang)
Clang has a slightly mischievous nature about it, though it never lets anything go too far and knows not to pull anything on Kat.
http://img.virtualplay.net/pkmn/nf/larvitarsprite.gif Rocky (M - Larvitar)
Rocky is relatively new on Kat's team, having been caught by her just before her last Orange Islands tournament. Rocky is very energetic and really likes to battle; sometimes this gets him in spots of trouble, though.
http://img.virtualplay.net/pkmn/sf/Scyndaquilsprite.gif Flare (M - Cyndaquil) {shiny}
Flare is the newest member on Kat's team, the only one who was caught after Kat's last Orange Island tournament. Kat found him being teased and bullied by a group of Cyndaquil near a volcano due to his different coloring, so she saved him and he's appreciated her for it.
Other:

----------

Kat Follin
~~~~~~~~
"Stop the ride, daddy, I wanna get off..." I muttered as I woke up, before my senses kicked in and reminded me that I wasn't six years old anymore and I definitely wasn't riding on the spinning cups. Those cups were mild compared to what I had just been through. I had to resist hurling my recently-eaten lunch, though it sounded like someone else couldn't stop it.

I stayed lying down on the ground simply because I didn't feel like getting up. I heard people muttering and talking, but I didn't process much of it. Not until people were yelling about Golem did I get up. I quickly looked around at the people, but I couldn't see anyone familiar in the little group, and everyone else had weird clothes.

But then I heard a familiar voice, and when a couple people moved for a better view of the Golem, I saw the one person I couldn't have been any happier to see. I rushed over to Raene, pulling out a couple Pokéballs of my own. "So glad to see a familiar face!" I said as I got to her, sending out Draggy and Clang.

"Kat!" she exclaimed, and in spite of the rather dangerous battle, Raene and I shared a quick hug. "Do you know what's going on?"

"Not at all," I replied, "but I think taking care of these Golem would be the first priority." A light rain was falling suddenly, the work of Raene's Vaporeon, and it was causing the Golem to slip a bit. It was time to take action. "Draggy, turn some of this rain into a Blizzard! Clang, give them a good Metal Claw!"
~~~~~~~~
Apologies for the brevity, I just wanted something up.

Foguet
9th May 2006, 05:08 AM
Name: Danilot
Looks: 5'11", dark hair and darker eyes, with a slim build. Wears a black tank with white pants, yellow shoes.

Personality: He is very determined but tries to be helpful and friendly to others, and wants to make them happy if it's possible.

Background: Danilot took part in the Regional Pokémon Tournament of his native island, where Pokémon battles were not very popular and there weren't many trainers around. Because he was one of the few who took battles seriously, he won the Tournament with ease, and left towards Kanto to try and win the Indigo League.

After winning the necessary 8 badges, he took part in the Indigo League as well. Having reached the final, Danilot's Charizard was his last Pokémon against his rival's Castform, and the fire Pokémon seemed to clearly have the edge. Nevertheless, a sudden downpour turned the battle's tide in favour of Castform, who transformed into the water type and beat Charizard. After this, Danilot renounced, temporally at least, becoming the Champion, and decided to start training in order to receive a license to become the Gym Leader of his native island, hoping to make Pokémon more popular there.

He went back to the Pokémon League to fight for the right to open the Gym.

Pokemon:

name - Foguet http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9548/179px6charizard3cd.png A true fighter who will fight to exhaustion. Has a quite timid personality nevertheless.
name - Bell http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5804/victreebel5aw.png Likes dozing in the sun in the afternoon.
name - Sandwich http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9460/sandshrew6ip.png Its name is not a play on Sandshrew. It's just because he likes putting bread and cheese together.
name - TeddyBeh http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9479/120pxfurret9lc.gif Once was a HM slave with Cut, Strength and Surf but fortunately he has now forgotten those moves.
name - Hely http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/8498/gastly7gg.png - Has swift changes of humour, it can laugh its head off (LOL) and start weeping the next minute. Usually happy though.
name - Xucle http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6165/130pxshuckle7nr.gif The juice it produces from berries ferments and has a high alcohol component. Can make you drunk.

---

Danilot felt his body convulse instinctively as he felt he fell from very high. Still a bit dizzy, he opened his eyes and found himself sprawled on the ground, and he looked around him. Other people were near him as well, and some of them he could identify as other trainers who were taking part in the Pokémon Tournament in the... Indigo Stadium? As he gaped at the building which now stood in front of him, it seemed to him as if much had changed. It wasn't quite the same building. But, where were they, and how had they arrived there?

As Danilot stood up from the ground, he saw that the other people, not his fellow trainers, sported very bizarre haircuts, had a strange accent when speaking and wore a kind of clothes he'd never seen before. As the other trainers also got onto their feet, more and more people had assembled to look at them, and in some cases, mock them. He heard a girl scream, nearby, but he didn't pay much attention to it as he was very surprised that none of the people except the trainers had Pokémon with them. In fact, there seemed to be no Pokémon.

Suddenly, something did call Danilot's attention. The familiar sound of Pokéballs releasing their Pokémon made him turn around, and he understood why the girl had screamed. A stampede of Golem were moving quickly towards the trainers, seemingly wanting to attack them. Danilot went quickly for Foguet's Pokéball, but just then, another trainer's Vaporeon started using Rain Dance. "Uh... better not", he thought. He took two other Pokéballs and threw them in front of him, and out came Hely and TeddyBeh.

"Hely, go help that Shuppet fight the Golems with your Confuse Beam!" he cried. As the Gastly drifted in the air towards the other trainer's ghost Pokémon, he added "TeddyBeh, dig underground and prepare for a surprise attack!"

Bear
9th May 2006, 08:45 PM
Name: Jim Monohan
Looks: Has brown hair almost always crew cut. Has a neatly trimmed moustache, goatee, and chinstraps. His eyes are green, but he wears glasses. He's a little over 6 feet tall, and thin but strong. Mostly wears loose-fitting jeans and an old football sweatshirt with black boots, but sometimes wears khaki shorts and a polo with sandals when it's warm.
Personality: Mellow and subdued, doesn't get excited often. Handles adversity very well, but is poor socially when it comes to women. Otherwise he likes to be outdoors constantly, reading or building things.
Background: Jim was a pretty normal guy from Celadon City who picked up pokemon training initially as a hobby. He found the experience interesting, and eventually devoted most of his time to it. Since he loved traveling, he began to go around the world, challenging trainers and gyms. He considers himself a formidable strategist, but loves his pokemon very dearly.
Pokemon:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/wulftk/koffing.jpgKoosh Ball (M - Koffing) - Koosh Ball is a big stinky purple ball of love. If it sees something it likes (which is about anything) it will float over and start rubbing against it.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/wulftk/bulb.jpgLethal Bean (M - Bulbasaur) - Lethal Bean loves to give people raspberries with his tongue. He's an extremely brave battler, standing up to any foe fearlessly, no matter its size.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/wulftk/octillery.jpgAquatic Aardvark (F - Octillery) - Looks like it would be dumb and slow, but it's actually a very shrewd and smart battler. Likes to stick to car windows.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/wulftk/ursa.jpgMOMMY! (F - Ursaring) - Loves to do the whole "roley poley" thing. It's a tank when it's angry though. And don't EVER try to take its cheeseburger...
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/wulftk/magnemite.jpgI'm rubber and you're gl...oh nevermind (Scooter) (? - Magnemite) - Scooter (his abbreviated nickname) likes to pick up obscure radio stations, like Jewish Reggae or Russian Bluegrass and play them at obnoxious volumes. It's a real chick MAGNET though (sorry I had to do it). Very durable in battle, will take any beating and keep floating back for more.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/wulftk/golbat.jpgShe loves me for my body (Boy Wonder) (M - Golbat) - Did anyone catch the batman reference? Anyhow, this fella likes to do that thing where the tongue rolls out of its mouth like a toilet paper roll unraveling. Does this in front of pretty girls to be funny, and to embarass Jim. Very kindhearted though, despite its mean looking face.

Other: I had a little fun with these :)

*THUD!*
"Ow..." I rubbed my bum as I picked myself up off the ground. "What in God's name was that?"
I stood up, brushed myself off, and looked around me. I saw a bunch of people with puzzled looks on their faces. I noticed the commotion going on around the circle of us too. There were like 7 or 8 of us, and we were dressed differently than the others around. The people outside the circle were whispering and pointing, having stopped from their routines. Suddenly I heard screaming, and I looked over toward this wooded area. I saw people running, waving their hands wildly. Right behind them was a gang of Golem, in hot pursuit. This struck me as odd.
"Why would wild Golem attack humans?" I asked, cursing myself inside for sounding like Ash Ketchum.
"SOMEBODY HELP!" One person screamed, as the Golem got closer to the large crowd of people. The people around me that were dressed similarly had already withdrawn their pokeballs. I grabbed two of mine from my pack and tossed them out.
"Let's go Koosh, set a Smokescreen around those Golem so they can't see!"
"Koff kooooff!" Koosh replied, floating quickly off toward the stampede. While he was going I commanded my other pokemon.
"Lethal Bean! While they're all huddled, wrap a Vine Whip around them. Try to hold them still while the other pokemon attack!"
"Bulbaaaaaa!" He roared, sending out a long, thick green vine, circling it around the now blind and disoriented Golem. They all got tied together, and could not effectively defend against the other pokemon's attacks.
"Great work guys! Just hold 'em there!" I praised them. The other pokemon had no problem finishing things up. Quickly the Golem were all knocked out, and order was restored. That didn't last long however, as people began to panic again, shouting "THEY HAVE THEM TOO! THEY'RE ROCKETS, RUN!"

Ultimate Charizard
10th May 2006, 11:35 AM
Ok Bear, decent Intro but tone it down lol. While i think Bulbasaurs are awesome, are they capable of Tying up that many Golem on their own? On that note....

'Good idea' i though seeing the Bulbasaurs Vinewhip trap the Golem. I sent out my own Bulbasaur to do the same and assist. From somewhere behind the struggling mass of pokemon i heard someone shouting. "Golem, use Explosion!" was the main words i picked out.
Now, 2 things crossed my mind. Firstly someone was controlling these Golem. Secondly someone had just ordered all these Golem to blow up!. I quickly recalled my Bulbasaur, the other Bulbasaur being recalled as well. As i reached for my other Pokeballs i saw Wartortle at my feet withdrawn into his shell and Scizor had moved to stand beside me. His armoured body should be ok at this range. At once all the Golem withdrew into their bodies, as they did a strange whirring sound could be heard. The each rolled a couple of feet away from each other to prepare for the attack. It was strange that they hadnt already detonated, perhaps they were trained to do it this way. It got stranger though when the Golem didnt start to detonate and instead opened each of the rocky panels on their bodies and began firing grenades in all directions.

"Everyone down" someone shouted and i quickly dropped to the floor. "Thats not an explosion attack, these Pokemon are...different, thats why theyre attacking humans. As i watched one of the Golem stopped firing and began to twitch. I heard the voices behind them again as there seemed to be a let up in the firing. "Aw not again" it exclaimed before the twitching Golem dropped, rather than fired a grenade from on of its hatches. It rolled around under the pokemon and exploded. Now i was expecting to hear the Golem cry out. I wasnt expecting to see pieces of metal, nuts and bolts, and then a Golem Head with wiring coming out the back, landing all around me.
"Theyre Robots" someone behind me called out "stinkin tin cans made to look like Pokemon". They stopped firing their Grenades and began to roll forward, picking up speed as they went. Something that size would have no problem crushing us all. "Wartortle!" i called out as i got back to my feet and he popped his head up from out of his Shell. "If any of those Golem get Close i want you to hold it up with Hydropump". I reached for another Pokeball and Released Charizard. The light rain shouldnt cause him any problems. He roared as he appeared then took up a position next to Scizor
"Ok Guys" i shouted, "Can opener time!"

classy_cat18
10th May 2006, 11:55 AM
Naomi Windfall

Both Cannon's and my jaw dropped as the Golem started to open up its rocky shell. "Golem can't do that!" I exclaimed. I was even more terrified as grenades started popping out of them. "They definitely can't do that!" I dropped to the ground with the others and Cannon went back in his shell. One of the grenades exploded under the Golem and made him blast into many pieces without a cry.

These aren't real Pokemon, I thought to myself as I inspected the nuts and bolts that came from the exploded Golem. "What is someone doing with robot Pokemon that are so advanced?" As the rest of the Golem advanced I threw out two more pokeballs. "Katana! Moriko! Take care of these walking tin cans!"

My Zangoose and Heracross materialized and charged at the Golem. Katana, always willing to scratch something that she didn't like, slashed at the nearest robot and exposed his circuits. Moriko crashed right through one with her Megahorn and tossed the remains into another. Meanwhile I tried to coax Cannon back out of his shell, ignoring the bystanders' bewildered stares.

Heald
10th May 2006, 12:04 PM
Name: Oliver Macartney, but goes by 'Mac'.
Looks: Slim, about 5' 11". Has short black hair with a spikey fringe, brown eyes, and usually has a sly smile on his face. Usually wears steel-blue jeans, a black long-sleeved t-shirt and travels light, so carries everything he needs on his belt, which is concealed by a black hooded-top which he wears around his waist when he isn't wearing it.
Personality: Sly and cunning, cool and cocky. He has little respect for authority or anyone else for that matter, except for anyone who beats him in a Pokémon battle. One of his main flaws is he dislikes defeat and usually only picks battles with trainers he thinks he is capable of beating. This is not to say he is a weak trainer, in fact, he is an adept trainer, but he much prefers the spoils of victory than the thrill of a tense battle.
Background: A con-artist, a bluffer, a liar and a thief by trade; a rogue by all counts. He, however, is sort of benevolent - he doesn't con people who don't deserve it, such as genuinely nice people and perhaps elderly people, and only takes what he needs - not stealing or conning people with as much wealth as he does. He especially likes winding up Team Rocket members as he believes they are evil and thus fair game for his tricks. In fact, he acquired his Porygon by breaking into a Team Rocket lab when he wanted to release some of the Pokémon they were using for tests and snatched the Porygon in a Pokéball. He is low-key enough to stay under the police radar, meaning he is not a wanted man. This is the first time he has entered the Pokémon League, with a team he believes can beat anyone and a sizable cash prize that would be a welcome addition ot his coffers.
Pokemon: Ampharos
Tropius
Sealeo
Porygon
Ralts
Blaziken
http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/shiny/257.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/181.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/shiny/357.png
http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/364.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/shiny/137.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/280.png
Other: Nope.

---

Mac

One minute I was lazily hanging around a café in the Pokémon League and the next I had the worst mind trip and woke up at some kind of freaksville, and there were a bunch of Golem attacking us!

Although some trainers took the initiative to try and fight them, many ran off scared. I was a bit freaked out from the mind trip to even think of battling and so I decided to take cover behind a wall, but keeping a Pokeball ready. The trainers seemed to be holding their own, but something seemed strange about the Golems. Suddenly, two more Golems popped up behind me. I decided to join the fight and released Blaziken.
"Blaziken, use Blaze Kick!"
Although fire was weak against Rock, the Fighting strength of Blaziken would more than compensate...

Except his Blaze Kick went through the first one like a hot knife through butter. When the smoke cleared, the outer-shell of the Golem had been smashed away to reveal an electrical interior. Were these...robots?

"They're robots!" one of the other trainers yelled. My fears confirmed, I turned to Blaziken.
"Ok, if they're metal, then fire would be our strength here. Use Fire Blast!"
He nodded and let him with a tremendous fire, incinerating both the Golems. However, this had left him tired, so I returned him. I decided to use a different tactic and unleashed my Porygon.
"Porygon," he said as he materialised.
"Porygon, these are robots, not Pokemon. Do you think you can infect their circuit boards or something?"
"Porygon."
He then jumped towards a Golem who had his back to him and became digital and went into the Golem. The Golem stopped briefly, started sparking and smoking, then Porygon came back out and I watched as the Golem began to self-destruct.
"Porygon, use Psybeam to knock him into that group of Golem," I said, pointing to an isolated group of four and five.
"Porygon."
A rainbow-coloured beam shot from Polygon into the weakened Golem and it rolled towards the other robots. They turned around, only to be greeted with the timebomb that was Golem. He exploded, and in the explosion also caused serious damage to the other Golems. I smiled.
"Okay Porygon, keep that up, if we can fight them on a digital level, they won't stand a chance!"

Foguet
10th May 2006, 01:46 PM
"Robots!" cried Danilot "That's why the rain doesn't hurt them!" As everyone jumped to the floor to avoid the grenades, he saw a Porygon float into one of the mechanical Golem. The robot started twitching, trembling and cracking until it started smoking as Porygon came out again. With a Psybeam, the cyber Pokémon rolled the flaming Golem towards the other bots, which received a full blast as the bot exploded.

TeddyBeh jumped suddenly out of the earth, falling on a pile of metal and wires. However, the normal type Pokémon seemed shocked by the blast, so Danilot recalled it. With a sign of his hand, he beckoned Hely back to his side, and quickly began giving it instructions:

"Right Hely, if that Porygon can do it, we can find a way to do that as well". The gaseous Gastly laughed. "You're a ghost, get into the innards of those Golem and destroy them from inside".

Hely drifted into one of the Golem which were rolling towards the trainers. Slowly, the robot rolled to a halt and finally stood still. With Hely hidden inside it, the robot seemed to lose all its energy, its momentum, and finally just stopped working, smoke from burnt cables coming out through some cracks. Hely came out of the bot and went to look for another Golem to destroy.

Bulbasaur4
10th May 2006, 03:39 PM
[ Actually, types will still exist so the rain dance would affect the Golems. U_C has told me this. ^_^ ]

[color=royalblue]

Raene Orlan

Raene looked over to see Kat, which instantly made her smile as they briefly embraced. She had seen Kat unleash her Dragonite and Metang and they instantly joined in unison with Raene’s other pokemon. Of course, Kat and Raene had been good friends for a very long time and it was to no surprise that their pokemon worked in unison. Raene’s Shuppet had released a few shadow balls, causing a few of the Golems to be quiet agitated as they swung at Davi, but their physical movements merely passed through the pokemon. Davi gave a chuckle… as Shade charged into the froe and used a powerful psychic blast to knock one of the Golem’s away. Tyle’s Rain Dance had worked , and she was now helping both Kat and Raene’s pokemon with Helping Hand.
“Good work everyone!” Raene called out, until suddenly a voice had rang out above the others. Some one had ordered the Golem to do explosion! Kat and Raene both instantly seemed slightly panicked. Kat’s Dragonite swiftly grabbed the Metang and carried them away, as Shuppet simply seemed to vanish away from the golems. Tyle ran straight at Raene and Kat, dashing hard to get away as Shade was also doing the same thing.
“Kat… watch out!” Raene said lightly, grabbing her wrist and jerking her down to the ground. The two of them knelt to the ground as they watched the Golems not explode… but unleash grenades. The grenades exploded and Kat and Raene both winced… but to their surprise, they felt nothing. Looking about, Shade’s eyes were glowing with an intense violet color as a circular dome-like barrier surrounded both Kat, Raene, Tyle and Shade. After the explosions were done, her eyes faded back to their normal ice-bitten blue.
“Thanks Shade…” Raene said lightly, smiling down at her Umbreon as Shade nodded. She was so thankful for her loyal pokemon, as Shade then turned about as her and her pokemon regrouped. The Golems now were starting to roll towards them… either trying to fully explode or to crush everyone amongst them. A few of the trainers had summoned new pokemon and were fighting back, but it was apparent that they would need all the help. There were so many Golems… it obviously would take everyone working their best.
“Ready to kick some butt Kat?” Raene said with a grin, as Kat seemed to nod and eagerly send forth her pokemon once again.
“Okay… Davi, return!” Raene returned her Shuppet, and then she grasped the pokeball about her neck.
“Alright Fenrir… it’s time to show yourself.” With that, she threw out her other pokemon as instantly the large, silk-furred Arcanine appeared before everyone. Fenrir was quite large- easily as large as the Golem, as he gave a slight growl feeling the urge to be summoned. The rain pattered against his fur, but he didn’t seem bothered by it like the Golem had been.
“Alright Arcanine… let’s take on those Golems! Show them your might by stopping those that aren’t blasted by that Hydro Pump!” Raene had taken notice of one trainer using Hydro Pump to slow them down. “Tyle, join with that Wartortle and use your Hydro Pump… and Shade, you know what to do.”
With that, her pokemon seemed to swiftly move into action. Fenrir roared and charged at one of the Golems, colliding with him head on but he held his ground. Gritting his teeth, he held his ground as he attempted to bash into another. Tyle swiftly leapt over to another trainer’s Wartortle and joined him in using a huge Hydro Blast to knock the Golem away, and with their combined power it proved extremely affective. Shade however… she ran straight into the fray, her eyes glowing again as she began channeling her dark energy to blast some of them away.

Ultimate Charizard
10th May 2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah just a quick note. All 'robomon' have the same strengths and weaknesses as normal pokemon (ill explain this in story later) so, although i wont make you alter your post Heald, Fire attacks wouldnt melt them simply because robots made of metal sound similar to Steel types.
The reason i wasnt making a big fuss of Rain dance is because its not really an attack. Wild Pokemon that suffer from water (rock/fire/ground etc) would have a really hard time even surviving if it hurt them every time it Rained.

Bear
10th May 2006, 09:33 PM
Jim
~~

The battle was beginning to get tense, and I could see that my first two pokemon were getting tired. Lethal Bean was having trouble keeping the Golem tied up, and Koosh was running out of smoke for his Smokescreen. To avoid risking their health, I recalled them.
"You guys did awesome. You deserve a rest. Now it's time for a different approach." I said to myself, grabbing two more pokeballs from my belt. I chucked them into the air, their contents emptying on the ground in front of me.
"MOMMY! You're big enough, go show those Golem who's boss with a Focus Punch! Make sure you're out of the way though, so they don't break your concentration!"
The big Ursaring roared an approval, and lumbered off toward the crowd. I turned to my other pokemon.
"Ardy [Aquatic Aardvark], you're my best special attacker. Nail those Golem with your best Octazooka!"
He squirted a little ink in reply, and reared back his head, seconds later releasing a massive watery black cannon at one of the closest Golem. It sent the Golem flaying backwards, hitting the ground with a thud and rolling a considerable distance. Meanwhile, Mommy had finished charging her punch, and let it fly. She hit a Golem right smack in the middle of its face, sending chunks of metal and copper flying and leaving a large dent in its frame. The Golem responded angrily, and hurled some big rocks at its attacker.
"Look out Mommy!" I shouted, worried about her safety. Suddenly, a huge blast of water hit, and knocked the rocks far out of the way. Amazed, I looked over to see where it came from. I saw a Wartortle and a Vaporeon standing there in their battle stances. They had seen my Mommy's predicament, and had helped save her. A satisfied grin came to my face, as I nodded to the two pokemon's trainers.
"Alright Mommy, Ardy, get back in there! You're making me so proud!"
And the battle raged onward, with no end in sight.

*Duke*
11th May 2006, 01:02 AM
In all the commotion and calamity Chris could feel rain falling slowly on him and his Pokémon, looking around he could make out others releasing their Pokémon as well. As the drawing mass of golem grew closer he yelled to Frost, “Use water gun!” and with that Frost opened his mouth and sent a stream of water into a couple of golem slowly pushing them backwards. Yet as soon as Chris was about to yell out another command he could see that Frost was having a hard time keeping back these golems, for some reason they seemed stronger then average ones.
“Sycamore, weaken them with absorb,” as Sycamore lifted both of his hands into the air, the power from the attacking golem seemed to drain making the small treecko a little bit stronger.
“Frost, good, now when Sycamore is done let lose Hail,” Chris called out.
With the golem feeling a little drained, Frost stopped his water gun and from the falling rain came small bits of hail hitting the surrounding golems. Though before Christopher could call out another attack he could just make out through all the voices, “Golem, use Explosion!”

Having seen the attack done before, he called back Sycamore into his pokéball and just as he was about to call back Frost, the large sealeo placed himself in front of Chris. Waiting for the explosion, he peaked over the sealeo and saw the attacking pokémon move into a type of formation revealing panels in their rock like body and began to launch grenades in every direction.

‘What sort of tournament is this?!’ Chris screamed in the back of his head. In all his years as a trainer he’d never encountered this behavior in golems when he suddenly realized these weren’t your typical pokémon, they had to be robots. Though such technology didn’t exist even the greatest of scientists didn’t have the means of building such life like pokémon. After hearing the others around him confirm his theory on the attacking golem were robots he could see that a couple of the grenades had found their way underneath a few around them. With a bright flash and bang bits of the outer shell of the fake golems, nuts, bolts, springs and other bits of slag rained in the sky.

‘So they can be destroyed,’ this was no game, no training mission, this was a true life or death situation now.
“Thank you for your strength Frost lets show these puppets what a real pokémon can do!” As Frost bellowed out, Christopher threw three more pokéballs near the approaching enemy.
“Sycamore your back in the game, Kuja, and Scry lets make scrap metal out of these things,” all of his pokémon looked at him looking ready for anything, “Sycamore, keep using absorb, Scry use confusion, Frost keep up hailing them and Kuja Dragon Rage.”
With that his pokémon moved swiftly with the enemy confused and drained of their power, three exploded into a hail of sparks and components with Kuja’s Dragon Rage. The golem fought back using their barrage of grenades but with a quick attack Sycamore made it away by the skin of his teeth.

Christopher looked around him, seeing all of the combined power of the pokémon and trainers, he couldn’t have felt more honored to fight alongside them, and knew that no matter what happened they would fight like warriors to the end.