PDA

View Full Version : Colloseum Happifying

Poryhedron
14th May 2006, 12:41 AM
I taught Return to my formerly-Shadow Forretress and I'm trying to maximize its damage. Does anyone know whether the Scents that reduce a Darkness meter can also boost a normal pokémon's happiness? If not, what are some other good ways to boost happiness in Colloseum? (Alternatively, what's a better attack than Return that I can teach Forretress without trading to other games?)

Kohdok
15th May 2006, 11:06 PM
Scents only work on shadow pokemn, I'm afraid. I don't think the game lets you apply a scent to a normal pokemon.

I believe Forretress naturally learns Double Edge, which, despite the drawback, is very much what you're looking for. Just keep it away from Fire and special-attackers and recoil will be little to worry about with Forretress.

Unfortunately, increasing happiness in Colloseum is not very easy. My Zubat, which I caught at level 17 in Pokemon Gale of Darkness, without letting it faint once, didn't evolve into Crobat until level 45. Normally, I get it in the late 20's early 30's with such religious care. It's just kind of hard. Just use the normal tactics:

Don't let it faint or get low on health repetedly.
Use lots of items on it and let it hold one that's beneficial for it (Scope lens, anyone?).
Keep it in your party and use it frequently in battle.

That's about all I can tell you. Colloseum was made partly as a way to get rare pokemon that couldn't be gotten any other way onto Ruby and Sapphire, so I don't try to take it too seriously...

rinku
19th July 2006, 08:16 PM
Soothe Bell. I'm pretty sure you can find one in-game; otherwise trade one when you can.