PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Yu-Gi-Oh! The Shadow Prince

Silencer
15th May 2006, 01:06 PM
A possible fic of mine, title may change depending on Dark Sages response since this will be somewhat of a tribute to his Yu-gi-Oh! The Thousand Year Door fic

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Prince

A fanfic by Dries Salaets AKA Silencer

Prologue

Staring out the window I only saw a couple of clouds floating by. With some imagination I could see Ancient Gear Golem and Dark Magician.

Funny…

I lay back in my chair and took out my duel deck.

The only two that managed to defeat me the last three months.

Standing over on one side I was overlooking the duel. My opponent had some of the most feared monsters out. Buster Blader and Dark Magician. His Buster Blader already destroyed my Banisher of the Light and his Gemini Elf was removed from game along with my D.D. Assailant when they duked it out. But his Dark Magician still had an attack left. On the plus side his M/T zones where empty. On the worse side the only monster on my side was a defending D.D. Scout Plain. I also had one magic card active, Soul Absorption.

“Dark Magician, destroy his D.D. Scout Plane!” my opponent shouted.

Dark Magician aimed his staff, and he blew the Machine away

“Make your move…” he growled.

My opponent had identified himself as Stan. He wore a jean jacket and blue jeans, and a Yankees cap on backwards. His long brown hair was tied in a short ponytail.

I did manage to remove his Dark Magician from play but that was indeed the card he held dearest.

I looked out of the window and saw the Ancient Gear Golem advancing on me

My opponent just summoned another dreaded beast in the world of Duel monsters, the Ancient Gear Golem. He managed to clear my field with his Giant Trunade and defeated my D.D. Assassin, a card gifted to me under strange circumstances. My field was completely clear and my hand just had nothing that could stop the Golem. Then I noticed my Deck Master.

“I’ll use my Deckmaster ability again!” I said, as my Life Points fell to 1,700. “And I’ll bring back your Lost Guardian in Defense Mode!”

The vortex opened, and Lost Guardian appeared.

“And since I have seven Monsters removed from play,” I announced , “you won’t be able to touch me!”

“Better look again,” said Kyle, my opponent.

Drake looked at the Lost Guardian…

(100/700)

“Only 700 Defense Points?” I gasped.

“You didn’t read the fine print,” said Kyle. “It doesn’t gain Defense power from any Monsters, just Rock Monsters. And you only removed one of those from play – your Dice Jar.”

I sighed.

“It’s been a good duel…” I said. “So finish it…”

“Right!” said Kyle, making a draw. “Ancient Gear Golem, attack the Lost Guardian!”

The Golem threw a punch at Lost Guardian! It shattered, and I was thrown backwards!

I crouched to one knee and saw my Life Point meter drop to 0.

That loss I had to blame on myself. First, always know the cards your opponent uses. Second, never change a winning strategy.

I took out two cards. A magic card and a monster card. The magic card, Dimension Rupture, showed an image of a flaming portal tearing a city apart. The monster card, D.D. Assassin, held the image of a tall figure. He was dressed entirely in black, with clothes resembling some sort of futuristic ninja. Only his eyes could be seen under his clothes, and they were evil, glowing red eyes. He held a glowing sword.

I then took out my favourite card, Gren Maju Da Eiza.

I never should have relied on that Assassin. Kyle learned it before I did and that was something that defeated me.

I checked the other parts again and the Ancient Gear Golem and Dark magician clouds just seemed to be blown away. As if their message was told.

As the plane landed I looked at the small country’s capitol Bruxelles. When the plane came to a stand I was still in a state of dreaming. A stewardess came up to me

“Excuse me sir, could you please step out of the plane.” She said to me with a smile

I grabbed my bag and silently left the plane. I grabbed my luggage, the only one left on the rotating band and headed out the door. I was shocked by all the people outside.

A lot of signs read stuff like “Good job, Drake!” and “You made us proud!”. But a few also read “Better luck next time” not really sheering me up.

After the interviews I met my parents in the car.

“So the final eight, not that bad for a duelist from such a small country.” Smiled my dad.

“I guess” was my response.

My dad noticed the hint and the ride back was quiet. Again I took out the monster card and the magic card. I rolled the window a bit down and threw them out.

I don’t need anything that reminds me of my mistake

“How about going to a card shop?” dad asked.

I nodded.

I entered the door and a bell rang. I went to the cashier and asked for a copy of Dark Magician and Ancient Gear Golem.

“Changing the deck are we?” The clerk asked.

As usual the counter guy wore a light blue shirt with a white line down the middle. He also had a cap in the same blue with the logo of the store.

“Just reminders.” I responded

I paid for the cards and left the confused cashier behind me.

I entered my parents house, had a little snack – I didn’t really like the airplane food - and went on to my room. I took out two plastic bags for my two new cards, put them in and nailed them above my bed. Above the Dark Magician I wrote Stan and above Ancient Gear Golem I noted Kyle

I changed and pulled the sheets over me.

Tomorrow will be different.

Shuppet Master
18th May 2006, 01:26 PM
I like how you did this, Silencer. It's a story centered around your character, just like Tilting the Balance. I wonder if there is going to be some plot.

Brian, please respond to this! :D

Silencer
24th May 2006, 08:04 AM
I asked Brian to proof read the prologue and the first chapter so he has seen it.

Also this fic will prob come out in a month or so. Taking a little head start on the chapters but there are also finals coming up so can't fully work on it.

mr_pikachu
24th May 2006, 11:44 PM
Hmm, interesting. It seems like the YGO fics are beginning to spin-off each other, eh?

It's funny... maybe it's just me, but Drake sounds rather vengeful. While a fic about a regular duel tournament might otherwise be little more than typical, this sounds like it could turn quite dark. I'm not sure if it could reach the shocking level of such fics as "Damon's Menace" and "Rose" (that was the one about the Cacnea, right?), or if I'm even remotely close about it being a dark fic. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, it sounds promising from this. I'll look forward to seeing more!

Silencer
25th May 2006, 01:32 PM
I still haven't gotten a clue about how dark I'll make the fic. Kinda annoying on myself aswell. I write on feeling and that has a nasty turn on going into TO dark or a little to light to read. My biggest concern right now is the language. I'm from Belgium and we get educated in UK English. It's different e.g. colour and color. Also a lot of the sayings are blur to me so... My second concern is the fact that I haven't followed the anime closely. I'm not really up to speed from cards except the real cards so the duels can be somewhat cramped togheter

Silencer
2nd June 2006, 03:04 PM
This project has been put on hold for a while.
Why? I'll tell you why
It's the final exams and I need to get the project I need to have finished so I can pass done. I was hoping to have written out ch2, I'm about halfway, maybe a little over so I had less time then I thought.

Expect first chapters around middle july or august (have a holiday job in august, hope I can still make it work)