PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] IV Calculator

magdawarachne
18th May 2006, 04:33 PM
Anybody know where I can find a GSC IV calculator? I've been searching ages and I can't find one...

How is the way that pokemon are raised in GSC? If you want to perfect their stats, I know it's not EVs. So how does it work?

Thanks.

Poryhedron
18th May 2006, 09:05 PM
Instead of Effort Values, RBYGSC uses Stat Exp. It's very similar. Here's a breakdown of the differences:

Every time you defeat an enemy, you earn its base stats as Stat Exp. For example, defeating a Sandshrew earns you 50 HP Exp, 75 Attack Exp, 85 Defense Exp, 20 Special Exp and 40 Speed Exp. Note that there is only one pool of Special Exp, not two for the two stats; this is due to the Special Stats being linked so that the game can be compatible with RBY. Special Stat Exp seems to be based on Special Attack, so Gastly is a good source and Chansey isn't.

Here are the important numbers for Stat Exp vs. Effort Values.

FactorStat ExpEVs
Amount needed for each stat point at level 10010204
Amount a single Protein, Iron, etc. gives you255010
Amount past which supplements don't work25500100
Maximum amount per stat65025255

The effect of level on Stat Exp is the same as the effect of level on EVs. In both cases, maxing out a stat gives you 63 extra stat points at level 100 and 31 extra stat points at level 50. In fact, a lot of things are similar: The max for supplements is still ten times the amount each supplement gives, the supplement max is still just under 40% of the actual max...the only real difference is that it takes longer to amass Stat Exp by defeating opponents.

Oh, and one more very important difference between Stat Exp and EVs:
There is no total Stat Exp cap. You can max out all stats.

magdawarachne
19th May 2006, 08:03 AM
Whoa! Thanks!

This is going to take some time to get used to... *studies*

Oh, yeah. So anybody know where I can find a GSC IV calculator?

mr_pikachu
19th May 2006, 04:28 PM
Well, I use this one (http://members.aol.com/nintendopimp/pokemon/dvcalc.html). It's designed more for RSE calculations, but as long as you haven't battled yet (or if you know what you've earned and how to input that here), you can calculate your Pokemon's DVs. (They were called DVs in RBYGSC; as of RSE they're more commonly referred to as IVs.)

The really bad news, however, is that it only works with Internet Explorer on a PC, thanks to a poor choice of the programming language. Yeah, the hits just keep on coming, huh? :P

Poryhedron
19th May 2006, 09:33 PM
If you use an RSE stat calculator for GSC, you'll need to take into account that IVs were slightly different in RBYGSC than RSE. (In America they were called DVs, but Japan has been calling them IVs since Day 1.) In RBYGSC, IVs have a range of 0-15. In RSE they have a range of 0-31, but each point only means half as much; A GSC IV of 10 is equal to an RSE IV of 20.

SupremeChampion
24th May 2006, 12:11 AM
[i]aight, i think that just about wraps up that question, so i'm closing this... good luck and i hope all this helped you

~The Italian Stallion