PDA

View Full Version : <Poll> How many friends have you seen come and go and return to TPM?

Quicksilver62160
20th May 2006, 01:47 AM
Well, the topic is pretty self explanitory. What can I say, I got really bored and missed some of my old friends here. Well, start answering!

I've seen a lot of people come and go:

Gligar Man
Denyruu
Silver Ledian

Some never left

Lady Vulpix
Missing Link
Dark Dragonite

I wonder who I'm missing...

Dark Dragonite
20th May 2006, 08:11 AM
Holy Florking Shnit Batman!
Good to see you back Steve, TPM has changed a bit, but I've found minor roles in ASB/PCG...
If you haven't heard yet, I moved to Florida, good life down here, and the weather is awesome!!

Now, for the poll...

Ones who left...
Gamewizard(came back)
Konspiracy Theory(came back)
Ultimate Charizard(came back)
Kendawg(not sure)
Brad(he was the one who set me up here, he gave me ownership of Pokezoo BT and AC)
Link10
ASHarris
Quicksilver(returning)
Jigglyangel

Ones still here...
Wolfsong
Lady Vulpix
The Missing Link
Little Pikachu
many more

For the record, I left for about a year, from like march of 05 to march of 06

Dark-San
20th May 2006, 08:54 AM
[b][size=3] I have lots of net acquaintances here. We discuss things and have fun together. However there are also a few that are really worth mentioning, as we are really close to each other. However they had left here for a long time and had never return since then.

[i]Tyranitar#248

Well, I know him by the name of Tony. He used to be an active member that even formed his own Duel Monsters club IRL. During the old times, we duel most of the time using modified pokemon decks and even chat about strategy. The sad truth is that he left for some unknown reason. My guess is that he was upset that he was not chosen during the mod nomination at TCG, the same mod nomination which Alec won and became a mod.

[i]Pika23

She was the second closest net pal after Tony. We were really close to one point when we had a net relationship. Though it was for fun, I could still remember the time when she would msg me 'honey' or even 'dear', evertime I logged onto AIM. I must say that it really make my day. We later broke off because she had a real distance relationship with another member better known as Hao. I really missed those days which we really had fun with one on one chatting. We chat everything under the sun from animes to politics. There comes a point which she left too in the end. It comes as a no surprise since she had commitments from her other forums in which she was the admin and mod. Because of this, she doesn't had the time to come over.

I wish them the best in real life and hopefully if fate does allows, we will meet again.

The close ones that are still here are as follows,

[i]Roarkiller

Hey I know this guy since a couple of years ago when I first started out playing pokemon trading card game. We had lots in common. Besides having the same age, we both watched animes and also were serving the army together at one point (though we are at different units). We still keep contacts every now and then. And hey, we still exchange animes with each other.

[i]Last Exile

Ryan is his name for those who are not sure on who he is. He is my fellow mod from Other Animes and Manga forum. Though we rarely come online and chat together, I admired him a lot on his views of different anime genres. There may be times when I do not agree with him, he simply displays his effectiveness on his point of arguement across to the members here. Perhaps that why he earns himself a tag of an anime elitist, I guessed.

[i]Heald, Magmar, Weasel Overlord, Emotional Faun Chiko-sai and Vulpix.ck87

Hey here are the cool dudes from the Werewolf games. We really got along well with each other in terms of forming alliance and discussing strategies. We really play the games well to outwit and outplay each other.

Lady Vulpix
20th May 2006, 10:13 AM
Wow, welcome back!

I have long lists, I don't think I can cover everyone, but I'll name a few.

People who left and are currently gone:
Indraugnir, lvl100MewTwo (and his many names), Ultima_Mew, Squirtle_Flame, ASHarris, Eevee Trainer Brad, Sad Angel, Angel Growlithe/Rambunctious Growlithe/Rambunctious Jamirus, Riachu64, PlatinumHawke, Jay (banned, but he used to be a nice guy in the past), SingingJigglypuff, Meowth_Kitten, Espeon12...

People who left but are still somewhat accessible:
The king of penguins/Aipom of Doom, Bugsy/Kirei, Neoleonightz, BoltStryke, Avian Freeze, Dragon_Clan (and his many names), pimuni, Bronze_Umbreon, Aglandiir, SandslashAndNinetales, andyizcool,...

People who keep leaving and coming back or who's status is uncertain:
Antish Superstar, QuickSilver, MarshmallowEgg, Mist/PancaKe, Dark Dragonite, Silver Ledian, Ledian_X, Pikachu101, Darkfire,...

People who never left (regardless of the time they joined):
Nala98/Wolfsong, Blastoise Fan/Phantom of Innocence-bf, Little_Pikachu, Zak, Chris, The_Missing_Link, Charizard04621, classy_cat18, TheBlueAvenger, Ace64, mr_pikachu,...

Still here but no longer the person he used to be or I thought he was:
Citrus Crush Chikorita/Last Exile.

Knight of Time
20th May 2006, 04:08 PM
Wow, Quicksilver62160! I haven't seen you in ages! Remember a guy named DarkPrince? That's me, but this is the new username I have.

Hmm, at this rate, I'll have to give some of the same answers as Gabi to answer your poll Steve, plus a few I didn't notice.

People who left and are currently gone or impossible to reach otherwise:

Impereon, Rambunctious Jamirus, DarkPrincess, Discotheque, etc.

People who left but still can be reached by AIM or any other IM service:

Kirei, Don't Run With Scizors, ASHarris/Yumeriru, Deck Knight, The Mozz (I think)

People who are coming and going all over the place:

Cheesey mainly, can't think of anyone else right now

People who are still here:

Well, I guess I would count, wouldn't I? As well, there are several to name, including Lady Vulpix, Wolfsong, The_Missing_Link, Charizard04621, Dark Dragonite, mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, Fett One, TheBlueAvenger, RaZoR LeAf, Roarkiller, Brit Chris/Chris 2.0, Little_Pikachu, Keven, Chris, etc.

People that are probably new to you (the topic poster):

Mega Horny, Blademaster, Plantae, Bison Woes, pokemon4eva, etc (I don't really keep track of every newbie that comes to TPM, but some of them actually are sticking around).

mr_pikachu
20th May 2006, 05:27 PM
Hey, welcome back, Quicksilver! :)

Hmm, let's see...

Friends who never left:
classy_cat18 (great Fanficcer, writes several of my favorite fics and chats occasionally)
mistysakura, Gavin Luper, dratinihaunter (fellow Fanfic mods)
Lady Vulpix, Andrew, Wolfsong (other TPM staff members who I chat with fairly frequently)
Knight of Time, Number1ChanseyFan (fellow Pokemon Hangman workers)
Charizard04621 (fellow Riddle Game worker, gave me my spot as a worker as well)
starjake (great Fanficcer who chats with me very often)
Charles Legend (another Fanficcer who chats with me occasionally)
eevee-shayna, Mew Trainer Rose (also very friendly Fanficcers)

Friends who haven't technically left, although they rarely post these days:
ZeldaFan20 (Fanficcer I've known for ages)
.hacker (friend from life outside the internet)
PancaKe (was an excellent Fanfic mod)

Friends who left a long time ago:
pikagurl23 (from the old Shipping forum and a little of Fanfic)
togepretty (same as above, also wrote the first fanfic I ever read)
Iveechan (good Fanficcer)

Friends who have left but may return:
Darien Shields (good, albeit controversial Fanficcer who chats with me occasionally)
DannyBoy (Fanficcer who has returned many times and who has also changed his username repeatedly, hehe)
The Decapitated Mole (a very unusual Fanficcer who left awhile back due to being busy with life)
aragornbird (formerly a fellow Hangman worker)
Pichu (promoted me to a Hangman worker just before leaving TPM)

Apologies in advance if I've forgotten someone. And since I've a very forgetful person in general... apologies in advance. ^_^;

Magmar
20th May 2006, 11:50 PM
I miss TooCoolScyther, NinjaScyther, Raichu, Asher Ketchum All, Saria, Onix11... you know, the people from the OLLLDDDDD days.

And some people never leave.
i.e. firepokemon, who has been here forever.

Edit: But there are some people I have become pretty awesome with lately over the 'Net, and they are the people from the Werewolf Game/Axis Mundi/Witch Trials. Dark-San, Plantae, Vulpix.ck87, Green Lanturn, Yero Thropp, Emotional Faun-Chikosai, Heald, Zcade0, Chris Watarimono, Drew, Zcade0, Mega Horny, Ace64, theBlueAvenger...

...and last but not least... *trumpets*... Weasel Overlord. Should I forget Kirsten, I perish. XD (She rocks though!)

But they are all really cool people and awesome strategists. This game has undoubtedly improved all our senses of logic and strategy. Some of you should just join. If ye be smart, you'll succeed, and foster great alliances and friendships through role rotation and strategy.

That's what makes TPM pretty cool. Things like that, the Three Words Game, RPG forum, interactive Fanfics.

Stuff to look forward to. Get on a first name basis with people, get to know them outside of just a Pokemon message board. ^_^ This way we all stick around!
And eat cake.

Heald
21st May 2006, 06:47 AM
People who are gone but not forgotten :

Nuo29 (I think) : Probably my first friend at TPM and I haven't seen or talked to him in a while. I just searched for him, changed his name to Tentacruel and last posted in 2003.

BBP/Damien Silverblade : When I first joined I was a little dick. Now I'm a big dick, so even though I still piss people off, I have respect. I mainly have BBP to thank for this. I was a newbie, he was a mod and he made sure I didn't step out of line, and when I did he yelled at me.

Tainted/Skullfire : Back in the days when Misc was just a constant flame war, both Tainted and myself were up-and-coming assholes looking to make a name for ourselves. We fought like little bitches, but eventually we saw eye-to-eye and became great friends.

TRO : The Rusted One must've spent hours on TPM, due to the fact his posts were longer than most countries Constitutions, and possibly only one debates by droning on and on until nobody cared anymore. Will probably end up being a great filibusterer in Congress someday.

Kasumi : An awesome gal who helped me out a lot when I first started out.

People who I 'roll' with :

Mike : Enemies since day one, but perhaps, still enemies today, but joined together by our hate of Sorovis and WPM, our alliance has been a strong one.

Razola : Sometimes a friend, sometimes a rival, but nonetheless, this guy always has something useful to add, plus back in the old Misc days his posts were nothing short of hilarious. Founder of the Misc. Marauders.

fmwam : Jamie, I think, still posts occasionally, but he was a part of the Misc Marauders, which, although short-lived, proved to be a decent group.

People who are still here and are nice to me, even if I'm a dick to them :

Outlaw JT : Although most of them when I'm pissed off with him, I'm drunk, I guess he has made sure I haven't gone overboard with flames in VG and RPG.

LP : Suzie and I have an understanding - I act like a dick, she threatens to ban me, I stop, or, continue being a dick and get banned for two days, then come back, having learnt my lesson, and the cycle begins again.

And just generally cool people :

The whole Axis Mundi crew : some of these guys can piss me off sometimes, but friendships are forged within our alliances, and you can't really stay mad at anyone long, especially if you are likely to be on the same team the next round. Special thanks to Plantae for not kicking me out when I was acting like a dick and generally being a nice guy, Dark-San for becoming an AM buddy and Magmar for helping out last game.

Also, another big-up to Plantae for supporting my reforms of the RPG forum and voting for me to be in the b3ta.

Bulba4 : Kalah has been a great RPG companion and possibly the only person on TPM who I will never raise my voice to.

pokemon4eva
21st May 2006, 01:48 PM
I'm no newbie I made this guy in 2004 and I left for like a year,

People who are gone or I havent heard for a while:
Mistysaukra.

People who have came back: Me

People who are still here(i never saw the leave):
Dark Tyranitar, Samchu, Blademaster, Mega Horny, Lady Vulpix, Mistic Clown, TheBlueAvenger, and mr_pikachu

darktyranitar
22nd May 2006, 05:35 AM
Back in the old days, I didn't make friends with a lot of people. But there were some names like Gligar Man, The Rusted One, Bugsy, Iveecahan, and some more. I don't seem to see them here nowadays.

Some people who have gone and came back are Hatake Kakashi (used to be The Muffin Man) and Hinata (which goes by the name of Gothic Latias, Kikyo, and Sango).

I also went for a period of inactivity for about 8 month... that was last year.

P/S: pokemon4eva, what was you previous username? Just being curious.

SupremeChampion
26th May 2006, 06:54 PM
[i]Friends who left for good:
Ampahrose
Jet

Friends who left but still post from time to time:
bb88
PancaKe

Friends who are still here:
Number1ChanseyFan

haha yea i don't have a lot of friends here, but i do not a lot of people by acquaintace and all

~The Italian Stallion

Silver Ledian
26th May 2006, 09:26 PM
Hey Steve.

I don't really post here anymore because it's pretty dead but I drop in and have a look around once or twice a week or so. My AIM is still SilverLedianTPM - haven't changed it in a couple of years, which is unusual for me - and my MSN is e_a_m_o_n@hotmail.com

I've seen a lot of people come and go and to be honest, because I've been away for so long, I've forgotten who a lot of people are and what their names are etc. Not everyone of course but a lot of people. And it's kinda crap that because I've been away, I can't tell whether people who were here before I left have left TPM for good since.

I wudn't know what the latest developments are with pokémon or anything, I grew out of it a cupla years back. Sorry...babbling on, but I haven't posted in a while. Nice seein' you :)

Green Lanturn
26th May 2006, 10:39 PM
An interesting question...and one i do believe i have answers to...

People who left for good
~Eevee Trainer Brad-several of you guys mentioned him, hes one of my best buds in reality, but he kind of stopped doing anything related to pokemon reallly...heh, ill mention to him that a bunch of you guys remember him...

~Meowth_Kitten-knew thanks to The Eevee Club...

~Ledian_X-i guess he just stopped coming, I see him online occasionally

And there is one girl, i cant remember her s/n, but back when I was Seaking or Hoeruko, way back when pretty much everyone on here had a b/f or g/f online, she was mine....we lost touch...

People who didnt really leave, I just lost touch with them
~Lady Vulpix-Used to be on a first name basis, and talking on IMs all the time, but I kind of stopped hanging around PCG for a while...

~Nala98/Wolfsong-another who i used to get along with, but havent spoken to in a while

~Razor Leaf-good friends in ASB, but once again, stopped talking after a while

~The_Missing_Link-anoher first name basis-all the time IM person, once again, stopped talking to...

People who never left and who I chat with often

~Magmar-Barry and I talk all the time

~Heald-another TWG person

~Weasel Overlord-didnt really meet and talk to until TWG

And if i missed anbody, I apologize, im doing this off the top of my head...

~GL

Zcade0
27th May 2006, 11:11 AM
People who are still here: The entire Axis-Mundi crew, Dark Sage, Shuppet Master, Master of Paradox, Blademaster, Zcade0 (me), and the rest of Dark Sages loyal fans.

People who left: I must dedicate this section to the immortal Captain Pringel, writer of the internet renown Emerald Leage. He was from the old site, before the crash or whatever happened. I don't know if he came back or not though.

everyone else I know has been said for the other sections.

homeofmew
1st June 2006, 11:02 PM
no one siad me :(.

PMK: nice to me I guess sent me pics of his cool dog.
Little Pikachu: Best TPM member evaa...
Chris: very helpful :)
kurai: also very helpful
WPM: cool Pokemon TCG Buddies
Silver Ledian: used to talk not much

Bulbasaur4
3rd June 2006, 12:15 AM
[color=royalblue]
*huggles Heald* Yay! RPG companions UNITE! *lame display of disco lights*
O.o; Who knows where that came from...

Friends who left whom I miss
Ginger Cat
DarkArticuno47
(Were were the Coolas Trio! )

Friends who I've lost touch with and miss
Kuro_Espeon
Asilynne
Master Rudy
(Yeah, we had our squabble but it was just a misunderstanding that turned sour)
Yi-wen (okay, haven't really lost touch with her persay... but I don't talk to her as much as I'd like)
The Fan Fiction forum in general XD
OutlawJT
Gav
Ozzy

Whom I'd like to know better
Everyone in RPG... definately would like to talk to them more... like Weasel Overlord, Heald, The Missing Link, Crystal Tears, Drusilla, Wolfsong etc...
My fellow mods (I never go to the mod forum... >.<; I'm just bad... )

Andrew
5th June 2006, 02:09 AM
People who've left and I miss

The Rusted One. Bluey was complicated and we kept in contact via his LJ for years. But he's left NZ and is in America ATm.
Fire Pokemon. My first TPM friend. He was fucked up at times, but a nice guy.
Mew Ryuu - She was so nice
Ginger - We kept in contact via LJ a while, then either Ithink she got killed, or she got a real life.
Soo and Ade! They're SO SO SO LOVELY! I want to go to the UK and seethem.
Otto! Or Gligar Man. Can't sleep, baby will eat me.

People on TPM Idon't see much anymore and I would like to
Si
Soo
KALAH!
Tara
Gavin
Dru
Kurai
TML
RazorLeaf
Chrisand 2.0
Raz

People who are bitches
Lady vulpix

Cheesey
18th July 2006, 08:30 AM
People who are coming and going all over the place:

Cheesey mainly, can't think of anyone else right now

Whatever do you mean?! :P

I remember a few people who just vanished into thin air a while back, like Hexae and Rambunctious Jamirus, which was a shame, I got on with them both. And I remember Tyler (Avian Freeze) vanishing as well, but he came back I think because I remember speaking to him. But other than that I'm not sure, because I can never remember if I lost touch with people because it was me or them that disappeared... And even now I'm not sure who's still around...

Knight of Time
18th July 2006, 08:40 AM
Whatever do you mean?! :P

I remember a few people who just vanished into thin air a while back, like Hexae and Rambunctious Jamirus, which was a shame, I got on with them both. And I remember Tyler (Avian Freeze) vanishing as well, but he came back I think because I remember speaking to him. But other than that I'm not sure, because I can never remember if I lost touch with people because it was me or them that disappeared... And even now I'm not sure who's still around...

It's just like I said above, Cheesey, you're rarely seen on TPM these days (not trying to offend you at all). Tyler can still be reached on AIM as well, but I rarely talk to him. I definitely know Hexae is gone, she's another person I missed...

Everoy
18th July 2006, 12:24 PM
People who keep leaving and coming back or who's status is uncertain:
Antish Superstar, QuickSilver, MarshmallowEgg, Mist/PancaKe, Dark Dragonite, Silver Ledian, Ledian_X, Pikachu101, Darkfire,...

*adds self to list*

I dunno if all of you remember me, but people who have been involved with AC/CC for a while should remember me. I'm Parsec's Politoed aka PBuG aka Patrick aka Fake Chris, lol.

EDIT: Oh, and to answer the question, since I came back yesterday (lol) the only friend who I know isn't around is RJ, my competitor for the plushie throne XD She still wins :P

Vejodi
8th August 2006, 08:26 AM
Unfortunately, I haven't made any friends... yet (*wink wink*), but I've seen a few exit topics when I have been browsing the forum as a guest.

That counts? :)

Everoy
8th August 2006, 09:56 AM
Just sos ya knows, it's not a good idea to post it a topic that's this old.

Cheesey
8th August 2006, 10:18 AM
Just sos ya knows, it's not a good idea to post it a topic that's this old.

It's only a couple of weeks old and it was still on the first page... And you didn't say anything when I did it :P

Everoy
8th August 2006, 12:29 PM
It's only a couple of weeks old and it was still on the first page... And you didn't say anything when I did it :P

I didn't know had still been on the first page; and that's cuz I'm lazy unless I've had sugar. :p

Edit: Forgot the smilie *gasp*

Vejodi
23rd September 2006, 11:27 PM
Oh well. I do apologise, but I have a few members to talk about that have not been mentioned.

Vidgamergbc was one of the original mods of this forum. Who can not forget Lawrence_III_Fanatic with her yellow socks? Also too, an original PCG mod. Bronze_Umbreon, PokeMasterChris (#10 member, he died for 2 years then suddenly became active and was adminned), totodile_grl, Thunder_Talking_Raichu, Kasumi, Blitzzzzzzzzzzzz, Chikorita_Gurl, With Rye, PokeChamp, Dodrio and of course, myself.

I still see some of these people on MSN/AIM.

The list is endless. We have seen many people come and go, some which define the "old days" (upto the individual person on what their "old days" were).

Six years. It's a nice feeling. TPM and nostalgia go well together. :)

nightcrow
25th September 2006, 07:35 PM
wow this is an interesting topic, really. i haven't spoken with anyone from tpm for about a year now, because of an incident that was rather more annoying than anything, (apparently, having an e-grudge for whatever reason is reason enough to go around deleting email account, but hey.) I just got pissed off with the whole crap known as tpm e-drama and escaped back into the world that is reality :P

though now, i hope by now those people that attacked me a while ago have grown up a little, and maybe it's safe to speak to some old online friends again. My best known screenname was Dashira, or Ashlea, so if anyone wants to shoot the breeze send me a pm :)