PDA

View Full Version : Video prob

Roarkiller
20th May 2006, 09:41 AM
Dunno what version I'm using, but it shouldn't affect anything.

Anyway, I tried creating a non-data DVD disc just now with some AVI files of mine. At first it displayed some warning sign bout some licensing restrictions and not being able to decode mpeg4, but it then loaded up the file just fine, so I didn't think about it much. However, when playing back the file on nero itself, I realized that something was very wrong.

The file was playing upside-down.

I also have been encountering the same thing in Windows Media Player when playing video files, but the mirror effect only occurs in the last few seconds, plus it's been happening for so long, so I didn't give it much thought.

So just wondering if this has anything to do with it. And if possible, how to correct the problem. I haven't actually burned the DVD, so I don't know if it's only a problem on the screen, but I sure as hell don't want to waste a DVD-R only to find that it plays upside-down on the DVD player.

Dark-San
20th May 2006, 09:50 AM
[b][size=3] Bro, just wondering if the *. AVI file that you are burning happens to be a video that requires codec to play with?

Roarkiller
20th May 2006, 10:00 AM
[b][size=3] Bro, just wondering if the *. AVI file that you are burning happens to be a video that requires codec to play with?

Because it's you who's asking, let's just say it's the usual AVI files we both obtain daily. So yes, it would require an XVid decoder to play on my computer. But I don't think that's really the problem. Even burning as a data CD, most of my files can be played back on my DVD player (one that can run AVI files), although some only played back the sound with naught on the screen.

Dark-San
20th May 2006, 10:26 AM
[b][size=3] You might wanna try doing something to the codec. I encountered similiar problems some time back when I was burning CDs as well. Everything was fine after I swapped my codec with recommendation from a friend.

You can try either the Combined Community Codec Pack. If that does not help, you would have assistance from the real experts here.

Chris
21st May 2006, 06:59 AM
DefilerPak (http://hellninjacommando.com/defilerpak) is the only acceptable codec pack. Uninstall everything else, then get this.

Roarkiller
23rd May 2006, 10:46 PM
Actually, the only codec I really need is AC3, since I'm using VideoLan, which has built-in codecs to play virtually any video file.

De-installing every codec program I have would be almost suicide. The last time I decided to install one codec program I found to be useless, it caused WMP to not be able to play AVI files at all.

But I'll try. Just not now, maybe when I'm ready. And all just to create a normal DVD video disc so my brothers can watch it on a normal DVD player instead of hogging the computer.