PDA

View Full Version : What is the best pokemon game?

Pm-5000fan
20th May 2006, 10:56 PM
The pokemon game series for Gameboy has skyrocketed the saled of Gameboys and profits of Nintendo for years now. Now the time has come to choose the best one!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd May 2006, 05:34 AM
Well from a technical point of view Ruby/Sapphire are the best games of the series for me. A vast world to explore, lots of Pokémon to catch, a new mini game with those beauty contests and IMO a tougher challenge than the previous games.

Of course, from a pure innovative point of view the original games Red/Blue(Green) would be the top.

pidgezero_one
22nd May 2006, 01:54 PM
Blue was always my favourite. Probably because it has the most nostalgia attached to it on my part.

James
23rd May 2006, 10:05 AM
My Fav. Is emerald! I love that game!!!

Skydragon
9th June 2006, 05:11 PM
Gotta say my fav is Sapphire... as ive never played Leaf Green,, but if i had that probably would be my fav. I always like the newest games the best.

But i also love Gold/Silver, mainly because of the day/night system. I loved riding the bike around the world at nighttime... ^^ And then i also like the GS Pokémon the most!

Crazy Elf Boy
9th June 2006, 05:41 PM
Well I have played all the pokemon games on Gameboy and Nintendo 64/ Gamecube and i think the best game is infact emerald not only cause it is my favourite colour but also because its the only gameboy game were the pokemon move when they come into battle. (lol there so cooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!)

Cool Trainer Jess
14th July 2006, 05:23 PM
I think G/S/C because If that game had the same graphics it would be awsome!Plus it has my favorite starter,Typhlosion.

Andrew
16th July 2006, 05:23 AM
I love gs. Day night and the weekly events were always a great addition. Going through 2 lands rawked too. I didn't mind emerald for the frontier too.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th July 2006, 03:17 PM
GSC ftw. Crystal certainly. You had both Kanto and Johto, alot of pokemon to catch, 16 gymleaders, day and night, clock, good breeding, etc...

Favorite generation ever.

Terälehdet
16th July 2006, 04:28 PM
I must say I like red the most.
I'm working on my gold version and I'm at 210 Pokemon now, but I'm seriously stuck with all the complicated stuff there. But I'm getting to 250 slowly but surely.
Playing pokemon red brings me great memories when I completed it just in my summer holiday with the help of my friend, who didn't progress too well in his game though
I'm quite proud of my party in red version, with Starmie, Arcanine, Execggutor, Sandslash, Jolteon and Dewgong.
I know Dewgong is not the strongest of all but I can't let it out of my party, because it's my favorite of all time.

rinku
18th July 2006, 07:37 PM
Emerald for me. Has by far the best contiuing play value, and all those nice breeding tweaks.

Everoy
19th July 2006, 02:48 PM
GSC. I was extremely disappointed that Gen 3 lost day/night and only had Hoenn. My favorite pokemon is a Gen 2.

Silencer
19th July 2006, 03:10 PM
All games are good to me. Newer generations involve new techniecs and new events.

RBY - old school, and had missingno.
GSC - new pokémon, day/night, 2 worlds
RSE - new pokémon, berries, contests, abilities
FR/LG - returning to roots with improved graphics, move tutors, battle seeker (love the way trainers freak when they are nearby)