PDA

View Full Version : [OOC]~Time After Time~

Asilynne
23rd May 2006, 02:19 PM
After beginning the sign up for my RPG, I realised I would have to describe a few things for people that werent fans of Elfquest (which is nearly everyone ^-^()) I started to describe it all in the sign up topic when I realised all the reading might scare some people away. As Rudy put it, it was "Information Overload" lol Its really not overly complicated but to save everyone a lot of headaches Heres an easy reference guide you can look at at any time to answer your questions.
If you have any more questions about anything I havent thought of, post here and Ill add to this post.

Now on to it!

For those of you who know the story of Elfquest, this RPG is accurate to the main story until the end of "Quests End" and takes place about 25 years after the founding of the Holt in the Forbidden Grove. In this RPG's timeline Ekuar was actually captured by the Mountain Trolls and killed as revenge for the capturing of the Palace, and Rayek had been descending into madness ever since, so no Elfquest fans need bite my head off for taking a few liberties LOL ^v~
If you dont know what Im talking about dont worry about it, everything you need to know has and will be explained ^-~

The original High Ones were talented magic users, and because of that, in almost all of the four tribes some of the high ones old powers have resurfaced in later generations. In this RPG you will play one of Rayeks Chosen, one of the Elves that retain an exceptionally strong magical skill. The call feels like a very strong desire to go home, like being homesick although your character will have never been to the palace before. It is unavoidable, and should you try to resist that call you will become physically ill. Its a need that cant be denied, and it will hit you suddenly so keep in mind your character could be anywhere and doing anything when it comes upon you.

Key Terms:

~Holt The traditional home of the Wolfriders, typically a giant tree whose rooms have been shaped by a treeshaper. If a big enough tree isnt availiable the treeshaper will grow one to the required size.

~Send, Sending Like telepathy, there are open sends(to multiple people at once) and closed sends(in private one on one). Its the most intimate form of communication. All elves have the ability but some may just not develop it or know how. All Wolfriders know how, as well as the Gliders, but there may be some Sun Folk and GoBacks that dont know how. In Sending, there is only truth, you cant tell a lie while your sending because when sending souls touch souls, its pure like that ^-~

~Recognition is when two elves see each other and suddenly their souls are connected. Its not like love at first sight, sometimes two elves who have Recognised each other will not even like each other, but they will have a need to mate that cant be denied, to do so will make both phisically sick and could even cause them to die if they resist long enough. The purpose is to produce an offspring with the best traits from each parent,and in all tribes but one this is the only way children are born. Your character may or may not have recognised someone, if so you will most definately either have children or have one on the way.(Gestation period for elves is 2 years, the woman doesnt start showing til the second year) Most recognised couples only have one child though some continue to have children if they become Lifemates. Twins are a rarity and have only happened once to my knowledge so if you want to be one of a twin PM me and Ill see.
When Recognised, both parties instantly know each others Soul Names.

~Soul Names: A very secret and personal name for elves, it is never given to them, however they instinctively know it, its used mainly by the Wolfriders. It keeps their inner selves secret, and so is only known either through recognition or if someone willingly shares it. Soul Names are never to be spoken aloud, for if someone should overhear it would feel like a violation, and the soul name being used by someone carelessly causes great pain.

~Timmain She was a shapeshifter and when her people went hungry around her, she shifted into the shape of a wolf to hunt for them. But over time she stayed in wolf form longer and longer until she wasnt seen anymore by her elven kin....until one day she returned with a half wolf, half elf child, Timmorn Yellow-Eyes, who became the first chief of what became the Wolfriders.

If you noticed I missed anything yell at me LOL

This will also be an OOC thread for my RPG, since we have an archive for our RPGs now I want my RPG to be strictly In character posts, if you have anything like plot ideas and the like, post it here ^-~

Asilynne
27th May 2006, 01:27 AM
I decided to post a couple of pics so you all can see some examples from all of the tribes/species ^v^

Im really tired but Im off tomorrow so I cant sleep lol so forgive me if I type something that doesnt make sense anyway on to it!

Actually, instead of just posting the pictures, heres a good site for everyone to learn more about their tribe. (though if you want you can ignore the characters because they wont be in this RPG)
http://www.elfquest.com/pubs/WhosWho.html

Also since I dont know if they have pics of perservers, Ill post some of those (they are so awesome lol)

http://members.tripod.com/dyani_shappa/EqCutterPetalwing01.JPG............http://members.tripod.com/dyani_shappa/EqCutterPetalwing02.JPG

Cutter and Petalwing lol

Ah yes and as for how the preservers talk, first of all they never say I or me, they always say their name instead. Example: Petalwing MUCH vexed!!!
Second they have words for everything, like an elf is called a "highthing", a human a "bigthing", Trolls are digdigs, wolves are growlers etc. Most preservers will 'name' their highthings based on their appearance or behaivior, like "busyhead highthing", "sharpdark Highthing" "softpretty highthing" etc. Im working on a complete dictionary in case anyone wants to be one, if not then youll find out through my posts ^-~

Asilynne
30th May 2006, 05:29 PM
The preserver dictionary:
http://us.geocities.com/mossrockholt/PerserverG.html

Only beesweets=flowers, not honey ^-~

Asilynne
4th June 2006, 06:26 PM
Sorry for the delay in starting this, unforseen events happened lol ^-^() My weekend was kinda busy so since I dont want to rush the start topic and make it look crappy, Im going to have it up by Tuesday at the latest. In the meantime I need you guys to tell me whether or not your character can send, Id like to have that info before I started the RPG. If you were raised by the wolfriders and/or are all wolfrider you will most likely be able to, same with gliders. Gobacks may or may not and Sun Folk may or may not. Please post with that info so I can more accurately make the start topic, thanks!

Also, me and Shaka are going to draw all of the characters for this RPG if wanted, so post your request here, and if you can draw no matter how good or otherwise, please draw your character and show us! Im sure we all like to see everyones drawing styles, plus it helps to write in something if you can picture it ^,-,^

Heres my character, drawn by me and clothing help by Shaka: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/AsilynneOutlaw/frostfur.jpg

Shaka
4th June 2006, 06:42 PM
Ok this is what the wolf part of Epidor looks like. I will color it later and draw her elf side.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/AsilynneOutlaw/epidor.jpg

oh and my character can send but she likes to howl and talk more. she doesnt talk loud just wisper

kawaiispinel
4th June 2006, 08:46 PM
Alain can send, but he likes to be ambiguous about things and so he doesn't do it often. It would have to be a special sort of situation to make him actually want to send.

As for the drawings... Well, I'm pretty bad, so anyone who wants to can draw my character. I get all "squee"-ish when people draw my characters. It makes me happy. ^__^

Shaka
4th June 2006, 09:46 PM
Ohh! I wanna draw your character! please? lol

Bulbasaur4
5th June 2006, 03:41 PM
[color=royalblue]
My Elven character can send... and like I said before to both you and Shaka- love your drawings! If anyone wants to draw either of my two characters... go right ahead! I will attempt to draw them perhaps, but I rather dislike my style of art and I'd rather have someone better draw. ^^;;

Tyler and Hobbes
5th June 2006, 05:11 PM
(Just wonderin') - would it be possible for my character to be able to send but not receive? Or maybe the otherway around? If not, than Tausa won't be able to send. But, as far as drawing him goes....^^; Usually whenever I draw anything, it always turns into tracing over an album. So, yeah....

Asilynne
5th June 2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah thats perfectly fine, Cutters lifemate's sister could recieve her sends but not send herself, and Im sure its possible to be able to send and not recieve too so whichever one you prefer you can do ^-~

Steph has more time on her hands than I do so shed probably be the ones to draw your characters though I do want to eventually draw the preserver on the page my character is on so Ill get to that lol. Heck Steph has a 3 hour class devoted to drawing so for her drawing everyones characters is candy LOL

Sorry for those that dont know Steph=Shaka lol
Once I get off work tomorrow I will set up the preperations for it to begin so keep an eye on your PM box around 4PM est ^-~

Bulbasaur4
5th June 2006, 09:32 PM
A THREE HOUR DRAWING CLASS?! *cries in shame* You're so lucky.... so lucky...

Asilynne
6th June 2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah she doesnt even need to work, she gets paid to drive our sister to work and clean me and Rudys apt XD Butch has the easy life :P Oh well lol Im going to college this fall hopefully so itll be all good ^,-,^

Anyway Ill start sending the PMs out now ^-~

Asilynne
6th June 2006, 06:13 PM
The RPG has now begun. You can find it here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=44411.0). Feel free to use this topic to discuss anything you want about the RPG whether its yelling at me for getting your character wrong (lol) or if you feel like making a connection with someones character in game you can address that person here. Or if you just want to discuss OOC elements of the story like drawings of characters, soundtracks for certain scenes etc, thats what this topic is here for ^-~
If your talking to a specific person or people, put (TAT) and then their names in the subject line of your replies, that way the targeted person will get the hint quicker ^-~
Ok everyone, have fun! ^v^

Outlaw JT
7th June 2006, 07:24 AM
I would love to see my character(s) drawn. Also, Jonas can send but his range in sending is fairly limited (about 100 yards). He can receive as well as anyone, however. Also, while his range is very limited with most people he was once able to send to his lifemate and children over a vast distance. He never understood why but it could have something to do with how strong his connection was to them which also helps explain why he still hasn't moved on from their death.

Also, I am planning a human character that I will post in the sign-up topic sometime this week. I need to talk to Asi about it first, though.

Asilynne
7th June 2006, 02:26 PM
Ok good we need some humans lol Jennie said she might make one too so hopefully she will :D
Once everyones characters are drawn I also want to make banners of the characters for fun ^v^ Also a big group pic. Ill get Rudy to post in the RPG tonight since hes off work tomorrow ^v~

Mystic_clown
9th June 2006, 05:11 AM
I'd love to see Geiste drawn.

Hmm, should Geiste be able to send? Alright, he can, but since he hasn't done it for so long (he's had noone to send to), he's a bit rusty at it. He can recieve, but not send (not at the moment anyway).

Asilynne
9th June 2006, 10:26 AM
Steph took down the descriptions of Jonas, Alain and Geiste so far, and shell be drawing them first. Ill draw Kalahs character but first since I know she can draw I want her to draw her. Come on!!!! Lets see it! LOL

Asilynne
9th June 2006, 02:43 PM
LOL Your post was damn awesome XD I love how he just laid it all out like that lol
About the religion thing, The humans worship "Gotara" the great spirit (or at least one tribe of humans did), the elves tend to worship their ancestors the high ones although they dont like go to church for it or anything. So, I guess not really, theres no real establishment of religion in the elfquest world.

Outlaw JT
9th June 2006, 03:13 PM
Well, there is one bit of flawed logic. If they are certain Rayek won't help them then there's no logical reason not to kill him as him being alive or dead won't change their chances of getting back home. The only two reasons not to kill Rayek are morality and a belief that he can be persuaded to help them get home. Right now morality isn't playing into Jonas' mind so that leaves one. Convinving him Rayek won't help them regardless is a swift way to get him to let his arrow fly.

Gladiator
9th June 2006, 04:25 PM
Well, Grendal's common sense/ability to reason is only average at best, so even at his most brilliant he forgets about something or other. That's something he got from me.

And the logic is only so flawed because Grendal doesn't know your character that well.

Actually, there's kind of interesting little dilemma in that A) Rayek's likely not to help and B) he's the best shot anyone has of getting back.

I editted my post a bit to clear up grammar and fix stuff.

Ultimate Charizard
9th June 2006, 11:18 PM
Apologies for not posting yet. Ill post when i see an opening. Im mainly getting a feeling for the RPG style (Like i said im not familiar with elfquest). Id love to see an attempt at Ragnar though if thats ok Asi.

Asilynne
10th June 2006, 11:29 AM
No problem Gavvy lol Just dont wait too long like what happened with the Psi, I want to see what your character would do given his past ^-~ Also it seems pokemon4eva is having a hard time with ideas, can everyone help him out? I included his character in my post but try to give him a little something to work with so he can get in there ^-~ Same with Fireguardian, I know the RPGs going pretty fast right now and I dont want to leave anyone behind.
Ill get Steph your description Gav lol Ive been lazy when it comes to drawing lately ^-^()

Asilynne
14th June 2006, 02:30 PM
I would post to go with Suntop looking for JTs character but I have a plan that Im going to do so anyone else feel free to go along ^-~

Asilynne
26th June 2006, 05:38 PM
Ok guys Im back from being away for a week, but seeing as Ive just had thesingle most horrible day of my life Ill have to post later...
To give you an idea, day long thunderstorms, a hole in your convertable roof, and being on the road for two hours incredibly lost because your BOYFRIEND cant write directions to save his hrdugteuyruwgfgwehkhu life!

Anyway Ill probably post tomorrow if Im up to it x.x

Asilynne
28th June 2006, 05:00 PM
Ok in my last post Epidor has defenately accompanied Frostfur in search of a camp, but I left it open if anyone else wanted to come along, so feel free to be in the party if your character isnt already doing something ^-~

Shaka
5th July 2006, 10:12 PM
Hmmm.... where is everyone! Lets keep this RPG going! Oh yeah if anyone wants to make any human Chars. that would be great. ^,^

kawaiispinel
5th July 2006, 11:37 PM
I'm here, sadly. ^^;; I'm just not inspired to act right now seeing as we never really resolved the whole Jonas thing. (Did we even leave?)

But I want this RPG to liiiiive so badly so I'll post if I need to if no one posts after awhile. I just really don't want to screw anything up, seeing as I'm one of the few who doesn't know much about Elfquest and is merely playing by ear. *Whistles innocently*

I'll shape up. ^^;;

Mystic_clown
6th July 2006, 04:22 AM
Sorry for not posting. I'm just waiting for Bulbi to post, since Gieste's currently with her right now.

Ultimate Charizard
6th July 2006, 10:06 AM
....and im waiting on Rudy, again for this whole Jonas thing.

Asilynne
6th July 2006, 02:45 PM
Nobody has to worry about messing anything up, we re in a new world (its not the elfquest planet) new characters that everyone made up themselves (except for Rudys but you know lol) and its a new plot so pretty much you know everything you need to to be able to post. I really dont want anyone being too afraid to post because theyre afriad Im going to be like NOO thats not how it is in Elfquest gdksghkjdbghj cause its only BASED on EQ, we re making this story our own ^-~

And yeah I need to get Rudys ass on here when he gets home so he can post, but from now on, unless someone asks someone specifically to wait, you dont have to wait for anyone, cause its an RPG lol Back when I was running Dawn no one knew about Vampire Hunter D but they didnt need to cause it was our story, lets make this one like that ^-~

kawaiispinel
6th July 2006, 03:50 PM
Woot! That makes me feel muuuuuch better.

Thanks, Asi! ^__^

Though I think I'll wait just a bit rather than usurp the Jonas plot from Rudy. :cool:

Asilynne
6th July 2006, 09:54 PM
No problem lol *gets out whip and cracks it* Rudy will post tonight to move the Jonas thing along ^,-,^ LOL
Or else........XD

Master Rudy
6th July 2006, 10:01 PM
I guess Brandy better get the whip and the handcuffs ready. I've been rather busy with my new job among other things but I know for a fact I can get something done this weekend.

Ultimate Charizard
6th July 2006, 10:01 PM
I knew she had a whip :rolleyes:

Shaka
7th July 2006, 05:25 PM
oh Hey about those characters you guys wanted me to draw i need detail on their hair styles. Thats pretty much thats left. Thanks

kawaiispinel
8th July 2006, 12:33 AM
oh Hey about those characters you guys wanted me to draw i need detail on their hair styles. Thats pretty much thats left. Thanks

Lesse... Alain's hair reaches about to the nape of his neck and is very thick and fluffy (almost curly, but not quite... More like very wavy). And, just to reiterate form my sign-up, is brownish-black.

Ultimate Charizard
8th July 2006, 12:34 AM
Just standard shaggy hair really. Shoulder Length, deep brown but messy

Mystic_clown
8th July 2006, 12:52 AM
Shortish (just about to his chin), wild, tangled and a dirty platnum blonde.

Tyler and Hobbes
8th July 2006, 01:33 AM
Wow.... I have no idea of what's going on....O_o Either way, Tausa's hair is midnight black, wavy, getting into his eyes while still beingshort in the back. And....um....I'll try to post...or something....^^;

Asilynne
11th July 2006, 02:18 PM
Wow.... I have no idea of what's going on....O_o Either way, Tausa's hair is midnight black, wavy, getting into his eyes while still beingshort in the back. And....um....I'll try to post...or something....^^;

I PMed you a summary man, hopefully that help you a bit ^-~

Bulbasaur4
11th July 2006, 02:29 PM
[color=royalblue]
Avadia's hair is auburn in color with just a few highlights- just lightened versions of dark auburn. Her hair is half-swept back, but otherwise the hair that is left down is wavy. The other half of her hair that is swept back is just an mixture of circlet braids... but you can pretty much make it look like whatever you want. ^_^

Asilynne
13th July 2006, 05:26 PM
Im a little afraid to ask but, I know some people havent posted in a long time/at all, and I was wondering if these people still wanted to be in it or not. Im really hoping so, but if not I would rather know than want to wait and wait for a post/character thats never coming x.x So please, if your going to drop out Id much rather you let me know, instead of just never posting. Thanks.

Bulbasaur4
13th July 2006, 06:16 PM
[color=royalblue]
I'm still in it! And I appologize about the delayed-ness of the post.

Asilynne
17th July 2006, 07:07 PM
I know you are lol ^-~ I was just worried about JT, pokemon4eva and Gladiator, has anyone heard from them lately?

Anyway I have a super delicious post idea but I have to go to bed cause Ive been up for more than 24 hours now >.< Sleep isnt coming easy to me lately. Ill have it up by tomorrow afternoon/evening so please look forward to it :D!

Asilynne
18th July 2006, 04:28 PM
Aaaaand posted! Hehe! Just so everyone knows, Avadia, Epidor, Frostfur and Geiste were at the human camp, which is to the north a ways from the Palace. To the west of the palace is the group going after Jonas, which is where the humans are currently attacking. So in order for Geiste to have been there to go crazy on the humans he would have had to run there. But dont worry cause the sunfolk retreating into the woods in my post was Geiste so its all fixed ^-~
I have an idea that involves both Geiste and Tausa (actually two different ideas but you know) so Id like to get to talk to you guys later, my AIM is NoNamed Priest and my MSN is Outlawgirlasi@msn.com :D They are very delicious lol

Tyler and Hobbes
18th July 2006, 04:34 PM
I'll be on later, Asi! *salutes* ready for your delicious ideas! I might forget, so on AIM my sn is electricguardian.

Asilynne
11th August 2006, 05:21 PM
Ok, Im almost 100% sure that pokemon4eva dropped out x.x Hopefully Im wrong so if so nevermind this.
But if hes dropped out we have an elf character open. Since the original was a girl and since this char wasnt involved in the plot yet Ill let whoever takes it up decide which gender it should be. Whoever takes it should also PM pokemon4eva and talk with them about it.

Name: Mortex Forevow
Soul Name: Diver
Tribe:Goback/Glider
Appearance: 6'1, kind looking baby-blue eyes,long golden hair, white tunic and long woven leather pants ,padded boots, a bear shawl cloak, a large bronze staff with owl claws at each end holding a saphire orb tied across his back, and a short sword fasten to his pants.
Personality: Nicest person you'll ever meet he helps any elf of any tribe if they need help, funny, cherry and never know to be sad.
History: just had a normal life of doing good deeds for no rewards, just helps people, lives alone in a small home he problily does good deeds because he only knew his mom, but always welcomed by any tribe because of his good deeds, he always makes people smile.
Connections:His mother Aroree was kind to him but he dosen't know his father but thinks he got his power from him.
Power:Aqua Shifter.
Skills: a expert cook who loves fish, and a great medic
Other: Always looking to travel with another elf

You may expand upon this character if you want but keep the basic outline true to the original creators form. Post here if you want to take it up, you may post a new form for it as long as you keep the same basic ideals of the character.

Outlaw JT
21st August 2006, 09:00 AM
Come on people!!!!! Where is everbody in this RPG?

Asilynne
21st August 2006, 02:22 PM
Come on people!!!!! Where is everbody in this RPG?

Thats what Im wondering, its not like theres a lack of interaction ;.; See this is why I didnt want to start the sequal to Dawn :P RUDY :P

Asilynne
25th August 2006, 06:02 PM
Mystic_Clown: Stop saying your posts are crappy lol I like them, they fit with the plot, they move the story, they have a lot of good ideas, so whats so crappy about it?????

Tyler and Hobbes
25th August 2006, 06:17 PM
I'd post, but my character is kind of... unconscious right now, and in the middle of the burning woods (I think ...-_-;), which doesn't give me a lot to do. I suppose if I was a more creative RPer I'd think of something, but... ummm... O_o Gomen ^^;

Edit - Just showing that I'm not dead.

Asilynne
2nd September 2006, 10:17 AM
Sorry Ive been neglecting this (and all my RPGs) x.x My lifes been a little hectic lately and I assure you Im not dropping out of any of them. Expect a really delicious post to make up for it ^-~
Also has anyone seen Kawaii spinell? I miss that healer ;.;

Asilynne
8th September 2006, 06:30 PM
The reason why I switched it from Human LSUs only to Non-elf LSUs only is because I had a good idea and that old one was limiting peoples creativity. This is a new world and so there will probably be different races that even the humans dont know about except for in legends (elves not being one of them ^-~) so if you want an LSU use your imagination and post a sign up, and as long as I approve it its good to go! (And its rare that I dont approve lol) Just stick with the genre please (like no vampires or werewolves please x.x lol)