PDA

View Full Version : Negrek vs Weasel Overlord (Ref: Ace64)

Negrek
23rd May 2006, 04:23 PM
So yeah, now that I've got my team, I'd like to try my hand at a little battling. Since I don't exactly have a powerhouse pool to choose from, it would be cool if we could battle using only lowest-stage evolutioary forms...

Style: 3 vs 3 (one at a time)
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Sunny Day
Terrain: The Enchanted Courtyard

The enchanted courtyard exists in a state of perpetual midnight, cloaked in darkness and illuminated only by the light of the stars and the full moon. At the center of the courtyard is a wide, shallow pond (max about six and half feet deep, ten or so feet across). The courtyard itself fans out from around the pond, with rows of hedges marching off into the darkness and numerous flowerbeds overflowing with fragrant, night-blooming plants. A few statues are scattered about the area, primarily grim renditions of stern-looking pokémon. The winding paths that lead around the area are paved in a smooth, highly polished stone that gleams mirror-bright in the moonlight, reflecting the night sky perfectly. The reflective nature of these tiles where they surround the central pond makes it difficult to tell where water ends and land begins.

Due to the nature of the enchantment over the courtyard, it will always be nighttime and sunny day may therefore not be used. Naturally, moves requiring the use of sunlight to perform (i.e. solarbeam, morning sun) are much more difficult to perform under these conditions.

...Sos, any takers?

Oh, and I'll lead with Datum, my genderless porygon.

Weasel Overlord
23rd May 2006, 05:15 PM
[color=silver]*waves* Hello! I would like to accept your challenge! However, I am wondering whether you would allow me to use my new Umbreon...you see, she's never been used in battle, she was a gift from my friend Drew... It's entirely up to you, but let me know, yah!? If not, I'll just use a different one!

If she is allowed, then I send out;

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/jingleweasel/Pokemon/197-2.png
Lady Nocturne the White [F] Umbreon (special, shiny, white and beautiful Umbreon! ^^)

Negrek
23rd May 2006, 06:22 PM
Hmm, umbreon? All right, I suppose if you really want to. Would you mind posting attacks first, then?

Weasel Overlord
24th May 2006, 10:09 AM
[color=silver]No problemo! I was waiting to see whether I could use Lady Nocturne, tis all. But I feel mean using her, she is evolved after all, so I shall actually use my female Houndour, Vaka. (sorry for being a pesk...^^;; )

Right Vaka, start off with a Faint Attack, use that darkness to your advantage! Follow it up with a Crunch straight away, and then a nice Rock Smash to take a further advantage of type! ^^

~Faint Attack ~Crunch ~Rock Smash

Ace64
24th May 2006, 12:01 PM
I'll ref, kids.

Elec Man EXE
24th May 2006, 12:45 PM
*pops in*

Random fact time! Sunny Day CAN be used at night, it'll just make the moon shine brighter instead of the sun. So says the mighty ASB attack list (and Solar Beam can use moonlight, since technically the light from the moon IS sunlight, just reflected :wink: )

*disappears*

Negrek
24th May 2006, 05:13 PM
Random fact time! Sunny Day CAN be used at night, it'll just make the moon shine brighter instead of the sun. So says the mighty ASB attack list (and Solar Beam can use moonlight, since technically the light from the moon IS sunlight, just reflected :wink: )

Tru dat, but the idea is that it's an enchanted place--there's no way to reach the sun at all, and therefore no way to make the moon shine more brightly, as to do so would require intensifying sunlight. And yeah, solarbeam can still work, but would take more energy to use, as it would require much more reflected sunlight than direct sunlight. That was my reasoning, anyway. ^^;

Thank you very much for reffing, Ace64! A quick question: do you ref porygon as being able to float/hover?

*cough* Anyway... let's get this show on the road. Datum, it's battle time!

Start off by scanning the area and locking on to our opponent. That way, Vaka's little vanishing act will be totally ineffective, and you should be able to avoid her strike with ease, now that she's not going to be able to sneak up on you.

Next, let's take advantage of that lock you've put on the houndour. Charge up a mighty zap cannon attack and release it at her when she comes in to crunch you. At point-blank range and with lock on in effect, you should have no problem hitting dead-on, and with a powerful move like that, we might even be lucky enough to knock her back and keep her from crunching you. If you can, try to blast her towards or into the pond with the zap cannon, but hey, if that's not possible, I'll certainly be content with nice damage and a bit of paralysis on the side.

Finally, wait until she comes at you with rock smash and erect a nice invisible barrier for her to smack into instead of yourself. Rock smash is a fairly weak attack, so I don't think she should be able to break it. If, however, she's so overwhelmed by zap cannon that she's become too paralyzed to move, take advantage of the lull of battle to chi--err, I mean relax and recover from that big electric attack.

Lock-On ~ Zap Cannon ~ Barrier / Relax

Ace64
24th May 2006, 09:47 PM
Yes, I ref Porygon as being able to float, otherwise, they'd be out of luck. Er... just don't push it.Floating out of the way of a Hyper Beam is fine, but moving twenty feet upward to escape a Flamethrower is not. You know what I mean.

One more thing. Barrier is a NYC move, and currently those are the only moves not allowed to be used in ASB at the time. Don't ask me why, I dunno. It's your first battle, and I doubt it will hurt you that much- one move doesn't decide a battle. Just thought you should know from now on.

Negrek
25th May 2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. And ah, yeah, I knew about the banned moves thing. Totally didn't remember that barrier was an NYPC move though, dangit.

Too late to replace it with reflect, I guess.

Ace64
26th May 2006, 08:58 PM
Don’t feel like pre-battle…too much writing…

Pre-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Vaka (F Houndour)

Weasel and Vaka:
Faint Attack~Crunch~Rock Smash
Negrek and Datum:
Lock On~Zap Cannon~Relax

[center]Round One, Begin!
A fierce Houndour facing off against a stoic Porygon, with a beautiful night sky as the background. What an unlikely place to have a battle! But battle they will. The two trainers issue their commands, and the Pokemon move to obey.

Houndour’s eyes glow a dim grey, and slowly, the dog begins to fade into the darkness. (-4% energy) Something inside Datum whirs and clicks, however, and as the Houndour begins to circle the Porygon, Datum effortlessly tracks his every move.(-4% energy) Frustrated, Vaka charges the Porygon, but Datum easily floats out of the way of the head on attack. Vaka fades back into sight, her attack foiled.

Snarling, Vaka lunges forward, teeth bared. Slightly nervous in spite of itself- perhaps it’s those gleaming teeth?- Datum begins to hum, his generators charging. Just as the Houndour leaps up to attack, Datum releases a point-blank blast of electricity. (13% damage, -11% energy) The Zap Cannon brings an immediate tenseness to Vaka’s muscles, and the Houndour whines, unable to move his mouth. Unfortunately for the Porygon, Vaka’s momentum carries her forward, slamming into it. (6% damage, -4% energy)

Datum shrugs it off and sits back to relax, still clicking slightly. (+5% energy) With great effort, Vaka pulls herself forward and slams her forehead hard into the Porygon. (6% damage,-5% energy) It’s power is weakened by the fact that Vaka’s muscles are working in a jerky manner.
[center]Post-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Health: 88%
Energy: 90%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 87%
Energy: 87%
Status: Paralyzed. (Attacks requiring movement have 50% chance of succeeding)

Negrek
26th May 2006, 10:28 PM
All right, great work, Datum. Sorry about that little mix-up, there, but I guess it worked out for the best, eh? Let's keep it up this round.

All right, start off by protecting yourself with a medium-sized substitute (around 15% health, if you can). That ought to give us a bit of wiggle room to get some things done. Follow that up with a tri attack and then a thunderbolt.

After your substitute is made, though, if there are ever any clones on the field, drop what you were doing and sweep with a widespread swift to blast them away. Make sure you stay with your back to the edge of the central pond and fairly close to it, so that Vaka won't be able to surround you with clones even if he tries.

Substitute (med) ~ Tri Attack / Swift ~ Thunderbolt / Swift

Weasel Overlord
27th May 2006, 05:13 AM
[color=silver]Okay Vaka, first we shall start out with a nice copying of that Substitute, a 15% one would be nice, I think. Follow that up with a Torment, so that Porygon can't use the same move twice, then finish up with a Faint Attack once more, to take advantage of the darkness!

~Substitute (15%) ~Torment ~Faint Attack

Ace64
30th May 2006, 10:16 PM
Pre-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Health: 88%
Energy: 90%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 87%

Weasel and Vaka:
Substitute~Torment~Faint Attack
Negrek and Datum:
Substitute~Tri Attack~Thunderbolt

[center]Round Two, Begin!
Using a mixture of science and electrical power, Datum constructs a small robot identical to himself. (-7% energy) Harnessing the energy of darkness despite her paralysis, Vaka creates a similiar substitute, though she can barely move.(-7% energy) Neither Pokemon is aware that anything had changed.

Taking aim, Datum releases a pyramid of power, reinforced with the elements of lighting, fire and ice. It smashes into the doll with savage force, leaving it charred. (10% damage, -8% energy) Vaka merely glares at the Porygon, and a slightly grey aura surrounds both the doll and Pokemon. Datum feels a little strange, but there seems to be no ill effects...right? (-6% energy)

Finally, the Porygon charges another electrical attack, courtesy of its generators. A large Thunderbolt is released from its body, reducing the Sub to a crisp. (-9% energy) As her Sub is eliminated, Vaka attempts a sneak attack from the darkness. Sadly, however, her legs refuse to move.

Datum (Porygon)
Health: 73%
Energy: 66%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 72%
Energy: 64%

Weasel Overlord
2nd June 2006, 04:15 AM
[color=silver]Um, Vaka's a girl Ace... ^^;;

That paralysis could get annoying, so I want you to use a Howl to improve your morale, my love. Then use a Fire Spin at Datum, to hold it in place for a bit, and follow up with a Will-O-Wisp to give it a good burning.

~Howl ~Fire Spin ~Will-O-Wisp

Negrek
2nd June 2006, 03:18 PM
Great work, Datum. We're really starting to get some things done.

All right, while Vaka's got her mouth wide open for her howl attack, try to shoot a toxic attack right down her throat. Hopefully, that'll make her shut up right quick. Even if you can't be that accurate, just spraying her with poison ought to get us set on the right track.

Your substitute should protect you from that fire spin, so take that time to just relax and restore energy while Vaka expends hers. Finish up with a tri-attack while the sub blocks will-o-wisp, and we'll call it a round.

Toxic ~ Relax ~ Tri-Attack

Ace64
4th June 2006, 05:29 PM
Pre-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 66%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 72%

Weasel and Vaka:
Howl~Fire Spin~Will O'Wisp
Negrek and Datum:
Toxic~Relax~Tri Attack

[center]Round Three, Begin!
From her position on the ground, Vaka is feeling a little low. She raises her head to sky and inhales, preparing to bolster her spirits.There is a muffled yelp however; just as she exhales, a large glob of toxins expelled from Datum quickly covers her mouth. (-4% energy) The Houndour coughs and dry-heaves, trying to get the taste off of her tongue. The damage is done however, as she can already feel the poison working inward.

Eager to get the sour taste of the poison out of her mouth, Vaka angrily releases a strong blast of flame, spiralling in midair. The Fire Spin torches the Substitute, surrounding it in a maelstrom of fire. (8% damage, -6% energy)Datum floats unharmed, watching as his doll replica smolders in the aftermath of the attack. (+5% energy)

Convinced that she's giving the Porygon a good beating, Vaka continues the assault from her prone position with a quick burst of blue flame. The already burning doll is further scorched by the super-heated flame. (6% damage, -4% energy) You can imagine her surprise when she is immediately struck with a floating prism of elemental power, rolling her over in a heap. (10% damage, -8% energy)Abruptly, Datum's substitute falls into ashes, as the fires burn out.

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 59%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 59%
Energy: 54%
Status: Paralyzed. (Attacks requiring movement have 50% chance of succeeding) Poisoned (3% damage, +3 each round).

Negrek
9th June 2006, 10:13 PM
Excellent work, Datum! You're doing great; keep it up.

Okay, let's keep this rolling with a little weather manipulation. Begin with a rain dance to wetten things up around here. No doubt Vaka'll be rather uncomfortable in the rain, and it should lessen the damage from further fire attacks, too. Not only that, but it will protect you from double team as well--if you go to attack Vaka, just check and see which houndour has the raindrops falling on it, not through it. That'd be the one you want to aim for.

I reckon it'll be pretty dark what with those rain clouds blocking the moon, so let's follow by lighting things up a bit with a good flash. Hopefully it'll dazzle Vaka a bit, and make it easier to see what she's up to, too.

Finish it all off by using that rain to the best of your advantage. Thunder attack!

Rain Dance ~ Flash ~ Thunder

Ace64
16th June 2006, 09:30 PM
WO? I know you're here...

Weasel Overlord
19th June 2006, 03:45 AM
[color=silver]Gah! I wrote out all my attacks for this the other day and then my internet broke! ><

Sorry for leaving it so long, I thought I'd already replied ages ago... ^^;;

Vaka! Don't you worry about a bit of rain my love, it won't harm you. I want you to begin by using an Odour Sleuth, to sniff out Datum. Then, I want you to use a Flash of your own, Mimic it my darling, but try to close your eyes first.

Finally, use a Faint Attack to escape that Thunder and wallop Datum. Even if you're blind, you should be able to smell it out.

~Odour Sleuth ~Mimic (Flash) ~Faint Attack

Ace64
21st June 2006, 09:43 PM
Meh, it happens. Like the banner, Weas.

Pre-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 59%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 59%
Energy: 54%
Status: Paralyzed. (Attacks requiring movement have 50% chance of succeeding) Poisoned (6% damage, +3 each round).

Weasel and Vaka:
Odor Sleuth~Mimic~Faint Attack
Negrek and Datum:
Rain Dance~Flash~Thunder

[center]Round Four, Begin!
The moon's light becomes a bit obscured by approaching rain clouds, called forth by Datum. (-4% energy) However, the courtyard is still bright enough to see, thanks to the enchanted nature of the tiles surrounding the pond. Fat raindrops thud against the ground, and Vaka winces in displeasure. Datum's scent is fast disappearing, but Vaka gains a general idea of where her opponent is through scent. (-4% energy

Trying to throw its opponent off, Datum's sensors suddenly light up as one. The reflective tiles enhance the light even more. (-4% energy) What a quandary! One can't Mimic an attack without seeing it, so how can Vaka close his eyes and copy it at the same time? He compensates by half-closing his eyes, but the Flash is bright enough to sear his retinas. Still, he manages to perform an admirable Flash, that blinds Datum just as well. (-4% energy)

Now the Porygon is blind as well.Calculating, he releases a large bolt of electricity in the direction of Vaka. The soaked dog is enough of a target to draw some of the electricity, but it's not a direct hit. (10% damage, -9% energy) Unfortunately, the voltage is enough to aggravate Vaka's muscles, and try as she might, she can't move, much less attack. What's worse, the poison is worsening...(6% damage)

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 42%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 43%
Energy: 46%
Status: Paralyzed. (Attacks requiring movement have 50% chance of succeeding) Poisoned (6% damage, +3 each round). Blinded. Vision returns in one round. Knows Flash.

Weasel Overlord
22nd June 2006, 07:46 AM
[color=silver]Thankee-sai Ace-san. It took a while to fit all of the buggers on there though ><

Right Vaka, let's try to make the best of this situation... start things off with a nice Sludge Bomb. Follow it up with a Reversal, then finish the round with a Will-o-Wisp. Hopefully that Porygon will be both poisoned and burned.

~Sludge Bomb Reversal ~Will-o-Wisp

Negrek
28th June 2006, 01:22 AM
Excellent work once again, Datum. Let's take it easy while your vision returns.

First, I want you to use an agility to zoom out over the middle of the pond. As it's a rather large target, I don't think you should be able to miss it by much, and even if you can't get quite out to the center, that's fine. Point is, I doubt Vaka, in her blinded state, will be able to hit such a switfly-moving target, and getting out over the water sets us up for the next action.

Now Vaka needs to use reversal, which is a contact attack. To get to you, at the middle of the pond, she'll need to swim--a task that is likely as difficult as it would be unpleasant for a fire-type, and her paralysis could easily hinder her as well, not to mention that she still can't see well. While that's occupying her, I'd like you to create another substitute of around fifteen percent health.

Finally, if Vaka is in the water (which you should be able to tell by the sound of her splashing around, even if you can't see), unleash another thunder attack. Even if you don't hit Vaka herself, it's reasonable to assume you'll at least be able to strike the pond, which should conduct the electricity nicely enough and zap her anyway, or even amplify the power of the strike. If you determine her to not be in the water, for whatever reason, instead just relax behind the protection of your substitute--will-o-wisp should strike it to no ill effect.

Aglity (to middle of pond) ~ Substitute (15%) ~ Thunder/Relax

Ace64
28th June 2006, 04:50 PM
Pre-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 42%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 43%
Energy: 46%
Status: Paralyzed. (Attacks requiring movement have 50% chance of succeeding) Poisoned (9% damage, +3 each round). Blinded. Vision returns in one round. Knows Flash.

Weasel and Vaka:
Sludge Bomb~Reversal~Will O' Wisp
Negrek and Datum:
Agility~Substitute~Thunder/Relax

[center]Round Five, Begin!
The falling rain makes it hard to hear, and with both fighters impaired vision, this round turns into a game of blindman's bluff.With Datum's scent fast fading, Vaka coughs up a large wad of poison, unsure where to fire. She spits the Sludge Bomb in a random direction, shooting in the dark. (-7% energy) The rain dilutes the poison and it lands to no effect. Meanwhile, Datum, his eyes burning, zooms off in a random direction, unable to determine where the lake. (-6% energy) With the sound of falling raindrops everywhere, and the water being indistinguishible from the tile, he has no idea. He stops in the middle of the courtyard, some distance away.

The silence is terrifying. Vaka looks around blindly, but with no viable target, he sees no reason to use Reversal. Nope, it would be better to sit and wait for his sight to return. So, he does just that. (+5% energy) Meanwhile, Datum creates another Substitute, resulting in another copy of itself. (-7% energy) It falls to the ground, quickly becoming soaked.

Both Pokemon continue to relax- with their vision impaired, attacking would be futile.(+5% energy to both) Vaka regains his sight first, he blinks twice, making out Datum in the gloom. His mouth curls into a grin that looks like a snarl. Gotcha.

Datum (Porygon)
Health: 58%
Energy: 40%
Status: Blinded. Vision returns in one round. Sub- wet, but fine.

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 34%
Energy: 39%
Status: Paralyzed. (Attacks requiring movement have 50% chance of succeeding) Poisoned (9% damage, ends at 12%). Sight regained. Knows Flash.

Rain: 4 rounds.

Negrek
1st July 2006, 09:58 PM
All right, Datum, that flash was much more debilitating than I had expected, but not to worry. Let's bring it back this round with a different tactic...

Begin by relaxing. Your substitute ought to protect you no sweat, and we'll want all the energy we can get for the finishing rounds. After that, use a swift attack; you don't need to worry about aiming that one so much, as it will always hit home. Finally, lock on to Vaka again; hopefully, you'll be able to use your other scanners to compensate for the damage to your optical lenses.

Relax ~ Swift ~ Lock-On

Weasel Overlord
9th July 2006, 05:01 AM
[color=silver]Fricken poison... ><

Okay Vaka, let's begin with a Toxic while that Porygon is relaxing! Follow that up with a Counter for that Swift then use a Faint Attack to hopefully counter that Lock-On.

~Toxic ~Counter ~Faint Attack

Ace64
9th July 2006, 03:43 PM
I'm going to experiment with energy and attack rates to make energy KOs less of a possibility. Bear with me.

Pre-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 40%
Status: Blinded. Vision returns in one round. Sub- wet, but fine.

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 34%
Energy: 39%
Status: Paralyzed. (Attacks requiring movement have 50% chance of succeeding) Poisoned (12% damage). Sight regained. Knows Flash.

Weasel and Vaka:
Toxic~Counter~Faint Attack
Negrek and Datum:
Relax~Swift~Lock-On

[center]Round Six, Begin!
Datum relaxes, settling onto the wet pavement.(+8% energy) Vaka snarls, seeing his chance. Mustering up a ball of spit in his throat, he rears back and spits, letting the Toxic fly. Unfortunately (I don't write status for nothing!) the poison seeps harmlessly into the Datum-sub,washing away in the rain. What a disappointment. (-5% energy)

Relaxing finished, Datum floats back into the air and releases a barrage of stars.The Swift homes in on its target, striking Vaka's skin. (6% damage, -5% energy) However, unknown to Datum, a brown aura is surrounding the Houndour just at the moment of impact. The Swift reverses, flying back into Datum's substitute with renewed power. (12% damage, -7% energy)

Vaka tries to fade into the shadows, but his legs refuse to work.Damn his paralysis- he needs a wheelchair. Datum's vision begins to return, fading into focus. His scanners lock onto Vaka's position without much effort needed- the dog isn't going anywhere.

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 48%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 28%
Energy: 34%
Status: Paralyzed. (Attacks requiring movement have 50% chance of succeeding) Poisoned (12% damage). Sight regained. Knows Flash.

Rain: 3 rounds.

Weasel Overlord
13th July 2006, 08:35 AM
[color=silver]*pokes Ace* my Vaka is a girl, dude! snicker...

Right Vaka, let's begin with a swirling Smog. Disappear into the cloud and then use a Faint Attack to get closer without Datum seeing you (hopefully). Finish up with a powerful Reversal, show it how much you're hurting!

~Smog ~Faint Attack ~Reversal

Negrek
16th July 2006, 07:47 PM
Let's wrap this up, Datum.

Begin with another zap cannon; you just locked on, after all, so I hardly think that Vaka's little smoke cloud is going to mess you up. And who knows, maybe we'll even make her paralysis worse.

Follow it up with a swift attack. If you've maintained your lock on Vaka, you might be able to avoid the faint attack altogether as well. Otherwise, just wait until she executes the faint attack (or just stands there twitching if paralysis is just giving her trouble) and she's reappeared and blast away.

Finally, we'll kick back and let the poison do its work. Protect yourself from that reversal. If Vaka's too cramped to move or you still have your sub, instead just relax and wait for the end.

Zap Cannon ~ Swift ~ Protect / Relax

Ace64
16th July 2006, 08:08 PM
Pre-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 48%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 28%
Energy: 34%

Weasel and Vaka:
Smog~Faint Attack~Reversal
Negrek and Datum:
Zap Cannon~Swift~Relax

[center]Round Seven, Begin!
Vaka looks upward and releasing a burst of black smoke from his mouth, hiding himself in the smoke. (-5% energy) However, Datum's sensors never lie. He releases a great burst of electric power, which punches through the Smog like a malevolent fist, finding its target with unerring accuracy. (12% damage, -7% energy) Vaka is quite used to the lightning now, and the deadened feel in his nerves. Distressing.

. Vaka tries once more to fade to black, and this time she suceeds. She moves jerkily towards Datum-sub, unseen, and deals the Porygon a cheap shot in the eye with one of her paws.(-5% energy) The sub breaks into pieces, shattered, and Vaka stares at the Sub in confusion, before getting nailed in the back by a burst of stars. (6% damage, -3% energy)

Vaka is eager to let the Porygon fell all the pain she has felt.She longs to pay the program back double for its evil. Unfortunately, her legs refuse to move. Datum stares steadily at the Houndour, watching in stoic silence as his vile poison finishes the job for him. Vaka collapses.

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 41%

Vaka (F Houndour)
Health: 0%
Energy: 0%

EDIT: My bad- forgot this was three on three. Oops.
WO sends.
Negrek attacks.
WO attacks.

Weasel Overlord
18th July 2006, 06:26 AM
[color=silver]Don't worry Vaka, better luck next time. For now, I send out my male Sandshrew (shiny ^^), Rufus Valerius!

Go Rufus!

Negrek
21st July 2006, 12:55 AM
Congratulations on your first knockout, Datum! And it looks like you've still got power left to mix it up some more... great work!

Okay, you're already a hovering type, so floating over ground-type attacks from Rufus should be no problem. Not that there's much exposed earth to work with here, anyway.

So let's start simple. Most of sandshrew's attacks are physical in nature, so setting up a reflect should serve us well.

After that, let's slow that little guy down with a blast of icy wind sweep it wide if necessary to destroy any clones.

Finish with an old favorite. Tri attack.

Reflect ~ Icy Wind ~ Tri Attack

Weasel Overlord
21st July 2006, 04:37 AM
[color=silver]Well Rufus, I would like you to begin with a Brick Break to smash that Reflect right away! Follow it up by using a Swords Dance and finish the round by using a Rapid Spin to escape that Tri Attack!

~Brick Break ~Swords Dance ~Rapid Spin

Ace64
25th July 2006, 09:59 AM
*Resurrection*

Pre-Battle Stats

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 41%

Rufus Valerius (M Sandshrew)

Weasel and Rufus:
Brick Break~Swords Dance~Rapid Spin
Negrek and Datum:
Reflect~Icy Wind~Tri Attack

[center]Round Eight, Begin!
Vaka is replaced by a smaller Pokemon, a Sandshrew by the name of Rufus. Datum immediately sets up a reflective screen, which shimmers in the night air.(-6% energy) Rufus doesn't quite enjoy mirrors, however. He leaps toward the Porygon and destroys the screen with an open palm strike, dealing good damage. (10% damage, -6% energy) Apparently, he doesn't believe in curses either.

Datum shrugs off the blow with an effort, and begins to glow a frosty blue. A sudden breeze picks up, simulated by the Porygon, blowing a stream of cold wind and ice at the Sandshrew.(-5% energy) Rufus, however, is already spinning rapidly in a circle, his mind focused inward. (-6% energy) The burst of cold air flows to either side of him, repelled by the speed of his rotation.

Datum, angered at being foiled twice, fires a blast of elemental energy-lighting, fire, ice, oh my.(-7% energy) Rufus quickly curls himself up in a ball and rolls backward just in time.(-4% energy) The Tri-blast crashes harmlessly into the ground where had just been, sending tile everywhere.

Datum (Porygon)
Health: 48%
Energy: 23%

Energy: 84%

Weasel Overlord
28th July 2006, 05:10 PM
[color=silver]oop, forgot about this ><

Right Rufus, let's begin this round by Digging deep underground! Burst out under Datum and use a Brick Break, followed by a Dynamicpunch please.

~Dig ~Brick Break ~Dynamicpunch

Negrek
29th July 2006, 09:52 PM
All right, Datum, if that's the way she wants to play let's give her a very nasty surprise.

First, I want you to teleport back out over the center of the lake. If Rufus is even able to figure out where you are to burst up in the right spot he's going to--oh no!--find himself beneath several feet of water when he resurfaces. Even if he comes up somewhere else, he's not going to hit you and it'll be wasted effort, anyway.

So, now that you're out over the open water you ought to be pretty safe. Both of Rufus' other ordered attacks require contact, so he'd need to swim out to get you--which would be extremely distasteful, if not painful, for a ground-type like him. Not only that, but attempting to punch something hovering above the water while attempting to stay afloat at the same time? Not going to work well. That in mind, take a breather and relax a bit while you've got the chance--you're doing great work so far!

Finish by using a psych up to grab Rufus' attack boost. We'll be needing that next round.

If, however, Rufus does manage to swim out to you and looks like he might manage to get an attack in, then drop everything and tri attack straight down on top of him to send him into the depths.

Teleport (to center of pond) ~ Relax / Tri Attack ~ Psych Up / Tri Attack

Ace64
3rd August 2006, 04:40 PM
Pre-Battle Stats

Datum http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr137.png

Rufus Valerius (M) http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr027.png
Energy: 84%

Weasel and Rufus:
Dig~Brick Break~Dynamicpunch
Negrek and Datum:
Teleport~Relax~Psych Up

[center]Round Nine, Begin!
Rufus descends to the earth from whence he came, tunneling through the tiles with some difficulty..(-5% energy) Datum ignores the Sandshrew, becoming covered in a light purple aura. With a POP, he disappears from view and reappears in the middle of the lake. (-6% energy)

Rufus begins digging, but suddenly notices that he can't sense his opponent's presence anymore. ? Cautiously, he pokes his head above ground. Datum is gone! What's he supposed to do now? While he scratches his head in confusion, Datum takes the time to relax, getting its wind back. (+8% energy)

Deciding to play it safe, Rufus relaxes, keeping an eye out for his opponent. (+8% energy)He gets the queerest sensation of being spied on though...Datum is borrowing his attack boost! (-6% energy) He looks toward the lake and gasps. There the Porygon is!

Datum (Porygon)
Energy: 25%

Sorry for the lateness.

Negrek
7th August 2006, 08:57 PM
That's the way to do it, Datum. Now we've got a nice water buffer around you, so let's take some time to fortify and recover.

Begin by setting up another reflect. Since all of Rufus' ranged attacks are physical and he'll have to swim out to get us, he shouldn't be able to get in another brick break for a while.

After that, just relax if Rufus doesn't appear to be in pursuit. If he does start swimming out your way, hammer him deep underwater with a powered-up tri attack. And finally, if he does manage to get ahold of you somehow, zoom down beneath the water and bang him against the bottom of the pond until he lets go. You don't need to breathe, so if nothing else, he'll be forced to release his grip when he starts to run out of air, as you can stay underwater almost indefinitely.

Reflect ~ Relax / Tri Attack / Submerge and smack Rufus on the bottom of the pond x2

Weasel Overlord
9th August 2006, 05:26 AM
[color=silver]Okay Rufus, that Porygon may be in the middle of some water, but it's still on land! So, we shall begin by summoning the power of the earth, in a Rock Tomb! Once Porygon's trapped, I want you to use a Double Team while you've got some space, then finish things off with an Earthquake! It should still do some damage, as Porygon's still on the ground.

~Rock Tomb ~Double Team ~Earthquake

Ace64
9th August 2006, 12:39 PM
Pre-Battle Stats

Energy: 25%

Weasel and Rufus:
Rock Tomb~Double Team~Earthquake
Negrek and Datum:
Reflect~Relax~Relax

[center]Round Ten, Begin!
Confident that it can't be touched, Datum sets up another reflective screen, strengthening his defenses. (-6% EN) Concentrating, Rufus places both paws on the ground, allowing his mind to delve through the earth. The lake is fairly deep, but it is made up of rock- perfect for his purposes. With a mental heave, he rips a few chunks of earth from the bottom, lifting them through the water. The surface of the lake bubbles below Datum, seconds before slabs of large rocks rise and cover the Porygon. (-7% HP, -6% EN)

The pressure surrounding Datum increases, as the Rock Tomb descends into the lake, sinking below the tranquil waters. He doesn't need to breathe though, and relaxes during his descent. (+8% EN) Rufus watches his opponent's descent with some pleasure, creating three clones of himself. (-6% EN) The Sandshrews take up positions around the lake.

Datum continues to relax, as the Tomb comes to rest at the bottom of the lake with a small THUD! The Tomb shivers a little, but holds together. The water is very still....but not for long. The earth begins to tremble, as Rufus focuses his power on the ground along the bottom of the lake. The Tomb manages to protect Datum from some of the shaking, before crumbling to pieces in the quake. (-9% HP, -5% EN)

Health: 32%
Energy: 35%
Status: At bottom of lake. Attack boosted. Defense boosted (3 rounds)

Energy: 70%

EDIT: Reflect

Negrek
10th August 2006, 11:18 PM
Ah, quick question... is the reflect still in effect, and if so, for how much longer?

Weasel Overlord
22nd August 2006, 11:57 AM
[color=silver]Oh shit, didn't realise it was me next >< Okay Rufus, let's begin this round with yet another Rock Tomb, since it was quite effective last round! Follow that up by combining the Rock Tomb with a Sand Tomb, to envelop Porygon in nasty sand! Finish the round by creating a team of clones with a Double Team, just in case Datum tries to escape its sandy tomb!

~Rock Tomb + Sand Tomb ~Double Team

Negrek
25th August 2006, 11:17 PM
Right, Datum. Let's keep it going.

When you see those rocks coming down to crush you, just teleport yourself back to the surface of the water and float there as before, letting the rock tomb come down on... empty water, I guess. And I'm not entirely sure where Rufus intends to get sand for his sand tomb, but I shouldn't worry too much--floating above the water's surface in the middle of the pond ought to protect you from any such tomfoolery, eh?

Follow it up with a rain dance attack. Not only should it annoy our ground-type opponent and help give a little extra water to freeze (not that I'm suggesting anything, of course).

After that, wait for Rufus to complete his next double team. After that, look closely at himself and his array of clones. The rain should fall right through all the copies and collect only on him, giving you an easy target for your ice beam, even if the clones don't automatically fade out at the onset of rain.

If, for some reason, you seriously can't tell which sandshrew is rufus and which are just clones, instead swift and spread it wide so strike all the sandshrew and rip the false ones to bits.

Teleport (to surface) ~ Rain Dance ~ Ice Beam / Swift

Ace64
4th September 2006, 09:25 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Status: At bottom of lake. Attack boosted. Defense boosted (3 rounds)

Weasel and Rufus:
Rock Tomb+Sand Tomb(Earthly Embrace)~Double Team
Negrek and Datum:
Teleport~Rain Dance~Ice Beam~

[center]Round Ten, Begin!
Shifting from the depths of the lake, large rocks shift and quake, pulling loose from their lodgings. A stream of bubbles rise angrily as rocks rise towards Datum- at the same time, the sand and silt below the Porygon begin to swirl in a clockwise spiral. (-8% EN) Just as the trap goes into motion, though, Datum teleports upwards in a flash of light. The Tomb slams on empty air, with Datum safely at the top of the water in a vermilion flash. (-6% EN)

Rufus, a bit worried to see his opponent back above water, begins his next move. He glows white briefly, before his clones grow even more in number- seven Sandshrews in total. (-6% EN) Unfortunately, a few fat drops of rain begin to fall. Within seconds, a rainfall begins, washing away the clones with each drop. Soon, Rufus is left all alone- Datum would smile if it had emotions. (-4% EN)

With Sandshrew motionless- regretting the loss of his friends, perhaps- Datum has plenty of time to take aim. Soon, a long beam of ice is fired from the lake, striking Rufus in the chest. Surprised, Rufus falls backwards, an icy spot on his chest frozen solid. It's rather hard to move, but he can still get up, with difficulty. (-9% HP, -5% EN)

Energy: 20%
Status: Floating on lake. Attack boosted. Defense boosted (2 rounds)

Health: 91%
Energy: 57%

Negrek
7th September 2006, 08:24 PM
All right, Datum, if Rufus is having difficulty even getting up after being struck, I don't think he'll have the ability to get up speed for a rapid spin or a quick dodge. Let's try to capitalize on that immobility and maybe increase it a bit by using another ice beam. Aim for his feet and try to freeze them to the ground.

Next, a good old tri attack should do the trick.

Now, either Rufus himself or one of our own attacks may have blasted the sandshrew out of his icy coating, so let's play it safe with a pretty hard-to-dodge move. Use an undulating psywave to confound our opponent.

If at any time Rufus tries to trap you with another rock tomb, use a light psychic to deflect the rocks. Don't waste too much energy on it--just enough to nudge the rocks out of the way a bit so they fall around you instead of on top of you.

Ice Beam / Psychic (deflect) ~ Tri Attack / Psychic (deflect) ~ Psywave / Psychic (deflect)

Keep up the good work, Datum! You've pulled more than your weight so far this battle!

Weasel Overlord
9th September 2006, 09:35 AM
[color=silver]Okay Rufey, let's begin. Use Rock Slide, as Datum wasn't ordered to deflect that move, to bury it in rubble! Then use another Rock Slide to bury Datum again, if it broke out. Finish up with an Earthquake to crack that irritating pond and do some damage!

However, if, during your second action, Datum is fully trapped, use an Earthquake then another Earthquake.
Keep up the good work, Rufey!

~Rock Slide (trap Datum) ~Rock Slide (if Datum isn't fully trapped after the first one) ~Earthquake
Subs: If Datum is fully trapped, use ~Earthquake ~Earthquake

Ace64
11th September 2006, 04:06 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Energy: 20%
Status: Floating on lake. Attack boosted. Defense boosted (1 round)

Health: 91%
Energy: 57%

Weasel and Rufus:
Rock Slide~Rock Slide~Earthquake
Negrek and Datum:
Ice Beam~Tri Attack~Psywave

[center]Round Eleven, Begin!
Datum fires yet another beam of icy energy at its opponent, who is currently hunkered down on all fours. The Ice Beam collides not with the spot of ice along his chest, but along his neck(-9% HP, -5% EN)Rufus shrills in pain, feeling the fiendishly cold sensation travel down his spine, but attunes his mind to the earth. Chunks of rock, controlled by the Sandshrew, tear off of the sides of the lakes and launch upward, slamming into Datum one by one. As the Porygon is hovering over a lake, the rocks do not trap it, but merely tumble into the lake below. Nonetheless, Datum is knocked about by the boulders quite a bit. (-8% HP, -4% EN)

Battered and bruised, but still free, Datum gathers elemental energy from within. Its eyes flicker- red, blue, yellow, before it releases the blast in one great wave- shaped in a triangle. The Tri-Attack blasts Rufus head on- the electricity doesn't affect, though the flames do serve to melt his icy hide quite a bit. (-8% HP, -4% EN) Getting to his feet, Rufus once more taps into the power of the earth- in response, the surface of the pond boils and bubbles, before rocks burst upwards, slamming into Datum. (-8% HP, -4% EN)

Datum begins to hum, higher and higher, tapping into latent psychic power. A violet aura surrounds him as the Psywaves extend outward. His distance from Rufus weakens the waves somewhat, but you can't escape sound...(-6% HP, -4% EN) Rufus slams a foot into the ground, creating a thunderous crack. The bottom of the pond begins to split and crack, but Datum is unharmed- though the pond begins to drain away, into the cracks opened up by Rufus...(-5% EN)

Health: 16%
Energy: 7%
Status: Floating on lake. Tiring. Defense boosted (1 round)

Health: 75%
Energy: 44%

Arena: Lake beginning to drain away.

Weasel Overlord
20th September 2006, 09:01 AM
[color=silver]Ooples... sorry dudes!

okay Rufus, let's begin with a Swift. And then use, hey another two Swifts.

~Swift ~Swift ~Swift

Negrek
20th September 2006, 06:12 PM
Okay, Datum, let's go out with a bang! You've still got your reflect up, so I certainly think you should survive one more swift. We're going to need a little bit more energy, so just grin and bear that swift while you relax.

After that, charge at Rufus and use reversal until you faint! You've done a great job so far--give Rufus a few more bruises to remember you by.

Relax ~ Reversal x2

Ace64
24th September 2006, 02:47 PM
Pre-Battle Stats
Health: 16%
Energy: 7%
Status: Floating on lake. Tiring. Defense boosted (1 round)

Health: 75%
Energy: 44%

Weasel and Rufus:
Swift~Swift~Swift
Negrek and Datum:
Reversal~Reversal~Reversal

[center]Round Twelve, Begin!
Trying to make every hit counts, Rufus swipes a paw across the air. A barrage of stars burst forth from the air, sharp and painful. At once, they home in on the motionless Datum, pounding him one by one. (-6% HP, -3% EN) The Porygon can't grin, but it certainly bears it. It's saving its energy for the moves ahead...(+8% EN)

Datum suddenly moves into action. It glides along the lake, heading straight for the Rufus. The Sandshrew's Swift attack slams into Datum one after the other, but the Porygon doesn't seem to notice.(-6% HP, -3% EN) As it reaches Rufus, it begins to pound the Shrew with every body part it possesses, one after the other. The merciless beating leaves Rufus battered, and Datum heaving. (-10% HP, -7% EN)

In his tired state, Datum doesn't get the chance to follow up on the thrashing. The next barrage of Swift stars knocks into it one by one. The Porygon falls to the ground, finally defeated. It can rest well knowing that he has been quite the annoyance to its enemy.

Health: 0%
Energy: 0%

Health: 65%

Negrek sends and attacks.
WO attacks,

Negrek
24th September 2006, 10:56 PM
Great work, Datum. You're up, Kudzu!

[Kudzu] treecko (M)

All right, Kudzu, your teammate's given us a little bit of wiggle room, but let's not get lax! This battle's hardly started.

Start off by swathing your opponent with a dragonbreath. He was hit by some ice and has been out in the rain, so if we heat his armor up again fast enough hopefully it'll start to crack from the rapid temperature change, which can only be a good thing! Not to mention that paralysis chance is nice.

Follow with a brick break attack. If you've opened up a hole in his scales already, aim to worsen that, but otherwise just go for the same objective as last action--breaking open his natural defenses where the ice has weakened them.

Finish by regaining a little health with mega drain.

If, however, Rufus tries to dodge or deflect your attacks, opt to swift him instead; and if he wants to trap you with rocks, dodge them with quick attack.

Dragonbreath / Swift / Quick Attack ~ Brick Break / Swift / Quick Attack ~ Mega Drain / Swift / Quick Attack

Weasel Overlord
13th October 2006, 04:15 AM
[color=silver]Oopso, I could have sworn that I'd already replied to this ><

Okay Rufey, one down, one to go! Let's start things off by Protecting against that Dragonbreath! We don't want to be paralysed, eh? Then use a Counter to counter than Brick Break and finish up with a Seismic Toss to throw off Kudzu.

~Protect ~Counter ~Seismic Toss

Ace64
16th October 2006, 01:51 PM
Pre-Battle Stats

Kudzu (M)http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr252.png

Health: 65%

Weasel and Rufus:
Protect~Counter~Seismic Toss
Negrek and Kudzu:
Dragonbreath~Swift~Mega Drain

[center]Round Thirteen, Begin!
Kudzu, a Treecko, replaces his fallen companion and takes to the field. He stares down Rufus, who is beginning to slow down, but is far from giving up. The gecko begins by inhaling deeply, feeling a rush of warmth within his belly. Squinting, he takes aim at the shrew and leans forward, falling on all fours. A rush of emerald flames pours forth from his mouth, streaming forward in a wide cone.(-6% EN) Rufus sighs in relief as the green flames lick the edges of his Protect shield hungrily. He's safe, this time. (-7% EN)

Kudzu is already rushing forward in the wake of failed attack. Rufus begins to make out the lizard coming in the wake of the flames and smokes, with a determined look in his eye. He sets his feet as the Kudzu lunges forward, slamming his right fist squarely into Rufus' jaw. The Sandshrew doesn't even flinch, taking the blow head on. (-7% HP, -5% EN) Kudzu's a bit put off by Rufus' reaction, or lack thereof, until he notices the brown aura around the Pokemon. At once, the force of the Treecko's blow rebounds, traveling up his arm and into his body, forcing him backwards. (-14% HP, -10% EN)

Kudzo, being fairly agile, rebounds from the blow easily, charging Rufus again. He takes hold of the Shrew with both hands, beginning to drain away the Shrew's health. Rufus winces, feeling his power begin to wane, but grabs holds of Kudzu's arm. (-8% HP, -4% EN)Shifting his weight, Rufus slams his hip into the lizard's body, before pivoting and heaving with all his might. Caught by surprise, Kudzu cries out in shock as he's lifted off the ground and thrown away, hitting the earth a few feet away from Rufus. (-7% HP, -4% EN)

Kudzu http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr252.png
Health: 83%
Energy: 85%

Health: 50%
Energy: 14%

Weasel Overlord
17th October 2006, 06:22 AM
[color=silver]Okay Rufey, you're doing well my dear. This time, let's spend some well-earned time in a bit of relaxation. On the third action, if Kudzu comes too close and tries to attack you physically, use another Counter please, instead of relaxing for a third time.

~Relax ~Relax ~Relax
Subs: ~Counter on third action if Kudzu attacks physically

Negrek
17th October 2006, 03:19 PM
Smells like an opportunity to me, Kudzu! If Rufus is just going to sit there uncomplainingly, why not take the chance to restore yourself a bit using a couple giga drains to suck his health right out. But let's not give him any peace on that third action--go in for a contact fury cutter to provoke him into countering, but don't throw your full power into it: instead try to hang back a little so you can dodge the counter that you know is coming, and if you can't at least you won't get hurt much. After all, you know that counter's coming this time.

Giga Drain x2 ~ Fury Cutter (low power; prepare to dodge)

Ace64
18th October 2006, 09:26 AM
Pre-Battle Stats

Energy: 85%

Health: 50%
Energy: 14%

Weasel and Rufus:
Relax~Relax~Counter
Negrek and Kudzu:
Giga Drain~Giga Drain~Fury Cutter

[center]Round Fourteen, Begin!
Feeling the rapid thumps of the beatings of his heart, Rufus sits back and tries to relax. (+8% EN) Seeing an opportunity, Kudzu approaches the Sandshrew, his eyes glinting green. Like before, he takes hold of Rufus, grabbing his arms securely. This time, the draining force of the lizard is stronger than before-- Rufus' power begins to wane. (-11% HP, -6% EN, +5HP) The lifeforce is quickly converted energy.

Rufus struggles a bit in Kudzu's grip, but the gecko holds on tightly. (+8% EN) Kudzu continues to drain health away, before finally releasing the Sandshrew, in preparation for his next attack. (-11% HP, -6% EN, +5% EN) Rufus breathes a sigh of relief as the draining sensation fades.

Kudzu lunges forward, swiping forward with his right claw. He holds back a bit, expecting the inevitable Counter. Rufus takes the blow squarely, though its power is greatly weakened. (-5% HP, -3% EN) There's no avoiding the returning force of his blow, though- the aura surrounding Rufus gleams, before the blow return to Kudzu, doubled in power. (-10% HP, -6% EN)

Health: 23%
Energy: 24%

Arena: Lake empty.

Negrek
20th October 2006, 11:56 PM
Nothing for it, Kudzu. We have to press him hard until he cracks. Let's see what we've got in store this round...

It's your turn to counter if he comes up with a physical attack.

Barring that, hit him with a barrage of bullet seeds, and if he comes in to try to distract you with clones, just sweep the attack back and forth to take them all out, even if it means sacrificing a bit of power. Follow up by trying to debilitate him again with another paralyzing dragonbreath, and a final mega drain to recoup any lost health.

Bullet Seed / Counter ~ Dragonbreath / Counter ~ Mega Drain / Counter

Weasel Overlord
21st October 2006, 10:47 AM
[color=silver]Okay Rufus, begin with a Sandstorm to hide out in. Then use a nice Earthquake. Hidden in the sand, you shouldn't have to get in close, so use another Earthquake.

~Sandstorm ~Earthquake ~Earthquake

Pichu Luver
2nd December 2006, 05:58 PM
Right I'll do this last round or two. I gotta finish something else first though. So er BBS? ^^'''

*Poses* I am here to do this Reffing! No comic as I did this quick like.

-~*Negrek VS Weasel Overlord*~-

Round Fifteen
---------***2/2~2/2***---------

Arena: The Enchanted Courtyard

Kudzu Treecko ♂
Trained by: Negrek
HP: 83%
-:Attacks:-
Bullet Seed/Dragonbreath/Mega Drain

Rufus Valerius Sandshrew ♂
Trained by: Weasel Overlord
HP: 23%
Energy: 24%
Sandstorm/Earthquake x Two

------******------

River a la crazy person zoooooms onto the scene. She pats Ace on the shoulder as he busily types on his computer. He nods and River takes the flags and signals to the trainers to continue.

Right off the bat Kudzu sucks in as much air as his tiny lungs can get in. He holds it and his mouth appearing to be filling with something; a few seconds later he spits out seeds in a machine gun like fashion. They bunch off the hide of Rufus and he yelps at every smack. When the assault is finally done he can concentrate on wiping up some sand. The dirt out of the garden whips up into the air, along with some broken tiles. It joins into a cyclone that twists its way across the field, thwacking Kudzu in the process.

Kudzu can just barely see Rufus through the debris and so he fires at him. It streams toward Rufus, but a little is swept up into the winds. Rufus cries out as what's left smacks into his beaten hide. He breathes hard and glares at Kudzu before starting to stomp at the ground. The tiles start to shake and move. Soon a giant wave of ground comes sweeping toward Kudzu. The earth throws up rocks and stone at random intervals and it sweeps Kudzu right off his feet and some rocks hit him.

Kudzu peers through the winds again and can just make him out. The twister shifts and Kudzu has a clear picture now. His left arm lengthens and zooms out to grab Rufus. Rufus strains against it and struggles to get loose to no avail. Kudzu sucks away his remaining health and he falls down, fainted.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 76%
Energy: 63%

Rufus Valerius Sandshrew ♂
HP: 0%
Energy: 18%

Kudzu got 6% damage from the Sandstorm and 5% from the Earthquake. Half damage for Grass types on Earthquake. He got 4% back from Mega Drain.

Rufus got 10% damage from Bullet Seed. All of them hit, 5% x 2 = 10%. 5% of Dragonbreath hit him and finally Mega Drain did double damage 4 x 2=8%.

Weasel Overlord posts her Poké and attacks first.

Negrek
2nd December 2006, 08:32 PM
Wow, thank you so much for reffing this! I was hoping it wouldn't die.

Weasel Overlord
4th December 2006, 04:39 PM
Hey River, as long as you don't mind reffing this last poke. vs. poke, we'll carry on? Is that ok?

Anyway, I send out (if it's ok, lol) my female Houndoom, Astarte! Untried in battle, as a Houndoom, anyway! Yay!

...ahem. Astarte my love, let's give this insolent reptile a kicking! Begin the round with a lovely Will-o-Wisp please! Show Kudzu how angry you are, hehe. Then follow up with a Flamethrower, and finish the round with a Fire Spin, trap the little Treecko in a ring of fiery death! Mwahaa!

~Will-o-Wisp ~Flamethrower ~Fire Spin

(sorry for taking type advantages and using an evolved pokemon... I'm feeling mean-spirited tonight, hehe)

Pichu Luver
4th December 2006, 07:55 PM
No worries! *salutes* I will do it. I said I would and so I will, no matter the mix up ^^.

Negrek
4th December 2006, 09:47 PM
(( Not a problem. I went for the cheap type advantage first, and then went and reached for toxic... twice. More challenging battles are more fun, anyway. ))

All right, Kudzu, you're doing great. Don't worry about your new opponent--if you keep your cool and don't get flustered, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Now, houndoom may be great at breathing fire, but not even they can torch the back of their own skulls. That in mind, I want you to get a jump on Astarte by using a quick attack to charge straight at her and then leap onto the back of her neck before she can even start to react. Grab hold of her horns and hang on tight, keeping yourself pressed as tightly against the back of her head as you can. I don't think keeping your grip should be too hard, seeing as you've got those sticky gecko fingers, but just to be sure that Astarte can't reach you no matter how she turns her head.

Now that we're safe and sound on Astarte's head, you're in the perfect position to lean forward a bit and spew a good load of toxic right in her eyes. Wrap things up by planting a leech seed right between her horns--try not to get it in the toxic goop; somehow I doubt that could be good for its growth. And whatever you do, don't let go! Hang tough, Kudzu, and the advantage is ours!

Quick Attack (to Astarte's head) ~ Toxic ~ Leech Seed

Pichu Luver
7th December 2006, 06:28 PM
Hmm sorry I forgot to tag on the Sandstorm thing at the end of last round. Also, er I couldn't quite figure out how to sprite Treecko on Houndoom's back so . . . its not here. ^^'''

Round Sixteen
---------***2/3~3/3***---------

Sandstorm up for 4 more rounds.

Kudzu Treecko ♂
Energy: 63%
Quick Attack/Toxic/Leech Seed

Astarte Houndoom ♀
HP: 100%
Will-O-Wisp/Flamethrower/Fire Spin

------******------

Sooooo because of a minor mix up the ref shall be here for a few more rounds then expected. No worries! It shall be done!

Now Kudzu may be speedy, but Astarte is the faster of the two. It does not help his case that he is running straight at the Houndoom’s head. Arstarte starts to super heat her flames and Kudzu zooms straight for her. She leaps up towards her head just as she let’s loose. Most of it misses by mere inches but the tail end hits yes, his tail. It scorches it and Kudzu yelps as he flips around and grabs Astarte’s horns.

Astarte growls and starts to do a mad bucking routine. The trainers can barely see them for all the grit and stones flying around, pummelling their Poké’s. Astarte turns her head every which way, firing her flames. They miss, but sometimes she gets dangerously close to Kudzu. He gulps and hangs on with every inch he has. During her rampage he starts to make his gooey mix of poisons in his stomach. Now comes the hard part, getting it into her face. She leans forward but she has to let go of her back leg hooks. He leans but with a flame spewing head toss and buck he flips over her head and is facing outwards. In surprise he spews it right into the air, hitting nothing.

Astarte is snarling, the annoying lizard is blocking her sight, as he is lying right across her face. She tosses her head and actually helps to get him righted and back on her head. She spews fire is anger and keeps bucking and head tossing like an enraged bull. Kudzu is sharking at his close call and thankfully does not have to move for this. He forms the seed in his mouth and sets it on Astarte’s neck. It wraps around the hound, covering her with vines. When the round is over, Astarte’s muscles are twitching in withheld anger and she is still snarling. Her sides heave from her bronco enactment. Kudzu is quite frightened of his foe.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 72%
Energy: 55%

Astarte Houndoom
HP: 89%
Energy: 93%

Kudzu got burned because he ran straight at Astartes head, he is speedy yes, but still running straight into an incoming attack is not wise. The Toxic missed because his back legs had to step forward and Astarte’s bucking launched him over her head.

Rufus got the Leech Seed because her head tossing flipped Kudzu back over her head.

They both got 6% damage from Sandstorm.

Sandstorm up for 3 more rounds.

Negrek posts her attacks first.

Negrek
9th December 2006, 11:43 AM
That's the way, Kudzu! Now, I know you're afraid of Astarte, but if you just hang in there, you've got nothing to worry about. Stay out of Astarte's flame-blowing range and use a strength to intensify your grip on his head and prevent yourself from getting shaken off again. At the same time, let loose with an earsplitting screech at close range to cause Astarte some pain and maybe startle him enough to stop what he's doing for a moment.

Finish up with a dragonbreath attack at whatever part of him you can reach; if we can paralyze him, he won't have such a good chance of getting rid of you.

Strength + Screech ~ Dragonbreath

Weasel Overlord
9th December 2006, 02:09 PM
Astarte's a girl ;_;

Right then Astarte my love, let's begin with a Faint Attack, I'm not sure whether Kudzu can stay on your head if you've disappeared, but let's give it a go anyway, kay? Then, hopefully the pesky lizard will have fallen off, if so, I want you to use a Howl to drown out that annoying screeching, and to give yourself some morale-upping strength! Maybe it'll scare him a bit more too. And finally, use another Faint Attack, just after the Dragonbreath attack to get out of the way and smack Kudzu up a bit!

BUT, if Kudzu's still on your noggin after the Faint Attacking, I want you to use a Frustration to try and shake her off. If this works, proceed with whatever action is left please.

~Faint Attack ~Howl ~Faint Attack
Subs: If the first Faint Attack doesn't get rid of Kudzu, use Frustration as many times as is needed to try and shake him off.

Pichu Luver
12th December 2006, 08:38 PM
Woot my name is back! *bounces*

Round Seventeen

Sandstorm up for 3 more rounds.

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 72%
Energy: 55%
Strength and Screech/Dragonbreath

Astarte Houndoom
HP: 89%
Energy: 93%
Faint Attack/Howl/Faint Attack

------******------

Right Ref must be quick so she waves her little flags and off the Poké's go. Astarte growls and runs forward. Kudzu starts to grip his fingers with intense pressure to Astarte's neck, and sucks in a breath, but suddenly she is not there! He falls to the dirt and grunts. He gets to his feet and looks around. He can just barely see her start to appear across the courtyard and screeches. Astarte comes back into form shaking her head in annoyance. Not the full blast but still very annoying. She growls and takes in a deep breath of her own. She throws her head to sky and howls, her sides vibrating with the effort. Kudzu shrinks back and looks for something, anything to hide behind. Some tiles have bunched up on a bench in the swirling winds and he takes cover.

Atarte looks around and is feeling very much better. She smugly looks around and can't find Kudzu. She growls a little and can see movement to the right. She squints through the flying dirt and just barely notices in time that Kudzu is firing his attack. She phases out and leaps over to kudzu just in the nick of time. She slams into his side and he tumbles out from his bench. He oofs as he hits the ground but quickly scrambles to his feet. Some health surges over to Kudzu and he feels a little better.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 61%
Energy: 47%

Astarte Houndoom
Status: Good. Leech Seeded, 5% a round. Attack boosted (+1).

Kudzu got 7% damage from Faint Attack and 3% from the burn. He got 5% back from the leech.

Rufus got 5% from the Leech Seed and 2% from the gripping Strength (it does hurt, that).

Sandstorm up for 2 more rounds.

Weasel Overlord posts her attacks first.

Weasel Overlord
13th December 2006, 07:36 AM
Okay Astarte! Let's begin with a Taunt, really make Kudzu mad! Follow that up with a Swagger to really increase his anger, then wait for him to come at you and then use a lovely Flamethrower to give him a toasting!

~Taunt ~Swagger ~Flamethrower

Negrek
16th December 2006, 11:21 PM
(( Ah, by the way, my egg hatched into a spheal, as you can see. Thanks again! ))

All right, valiant effort, Kudzu! Hang in there; you're doing great.

For this round, take advantage of the time Astarte spends taunting to quick attack up to her again--follow the sound of her voice if you're having trouble seeing through the sandstorm--and this time leap up onto her muzzle, but get ready to hang on!

Use another strength attack to slam her jaws shut and then keep them that way, holding in both the swagger and the flamethrower. While you're at it, your tail should still be free, so use it to slam Astarte in the face to release a little of your anger at being taunted.

Quick Attack (to Astarte's muzzle) ~ Strength (clamp mouth shut) + Slam

Pichu Luver
18th December 2006, 11:54 AM
Oo Meep . . .

Round Eighteen

Sandstorm up for 2 more rounds.

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 61%
Energy: 47%
Quick Attack/Strength/Slam

Astarte Houndoom
Status: Good. Leech Seeded, 5% a round. Attack boosted (+1).
Taunt/Swagger/Flamethrower

------******------

Astarte begins this round by making all sorts of fun at Kudzu. He, to say the least, does NOT appreciate it. Astarte makes all kinds of jabs about he couldn’t hurt her, an absolutely stunning example of the fire type kind. Who is he a grass type to even dream he could? Kudzu hisses and zips at Astarte through the sand. Astarte smiles triumphantly until the annoying grass type is once again on her head! This time on her nose.

She growls and starts to get very, very irritated. She shakes her head and paws at him but he only insists on making his grip tighter! Astarte snarls and manages to mumble through her increasingly hurting snooze, that Kudzu is only worth a Caterpie as a meal. Absolutely useless. She is the best thing he has ever seen, of course, but he could never hope to live up to such high standards. She prancing pack and forth, showing off, as she starts to whine at the pressure on her nose. Her attack does work as Kudzu raging mad now, and only wants to cause her great harm.

Astarte whimpers and tosses her head every which way. Oh her nose hurts. She sucks in air through her nose, hoping that somehow this attack will get the lizard off. She tries to release but she can’t open her mouth. Instead it comes spewing out though the gaps in her teeth. Kudzu howl in agony and the fires hit his legs, arms and part of his tail. He manages to hold on, but only just and he raises his tail. It is quite black now and slams it into Astarte much abused nose. Astarte throws her head up in pain, her eyes watering. Kudzu is thrown clear and the both crash into the tiles, groaning as they are beating by rocks and various other debris.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 47%
Energy: 37%

Astarte Houndoom
Energy: 79%
Status: Nose is throbbing. Leech Seeded, 5% a round. Attack boosted (+1).

Kudzu got 10% damage from half a Flamethrower, not all hit him because of the way it came out. 5% back via Leech Seed. She is not confused anymore as the Flamethrower woke her up through great pain.

Astarte got 5% from the Leech Seed and 8% from Strength and 10% from boosted Slam.

Sandstorm up for 1 more round.

Negrek posts her attacks first.

Negrek
22nd December 2006, 01:51 AM
Hang in there, Kudzu. You've done a wonderful job so far.

Crawl back onto Astarte's horns where you were before, hanging on with strength. Follow it up using two dragonbreaths--Astarte can't hope to escape paralysis forever!

If Astarte attempts a faint attack to get away from you again, use pursuit to thwart her.

Strength @ horns / Pursuit ~ Dragonbreath / Pursuit x2

Weasel Overlord
3rd January 2007, 11:17 AM
Oookay Astarte, let's start with a Torment to stop all those Dragonbreaths! Then I think we should try for an Overheat! Make it really hot for Kudzu to try and hold on! Then go for a final attack move! Use a Flamethrower!

~Torment ~Overheat ~Flamethrower

Pichu Luver
8th January 2007, 07:26 PM
*nods*

Round Nineteen

Sandstorm up for 1 more round.

Kudzu Treecko ♂
Energy: 37%
Strength/Dragonbreath x Two

Astarte Houndoom ♀
Energy: 79%
Status: Nose is throbbing. Leech Seeded, 5% a round. Attack boosted (+1).
Torment/Overheat/Flamethrower

------******------

So, the Ref is here. Now Astarte glares at the lizard like a truly glaring thing. She starts to snarl in a menacing way. You know, more menacing then usual for a Houndoom. Truly scary. She threatens all kinds of things if he uses attacks more then once. Kudzu gazes into her eyes, petrified and believing every word she says. She smirks and nods just once. Kudzu blinks and wakes from her spell, but not willing to use attacks twice. So he runs at her head and again leaps around and firmly grabs hold. He uses his strength and clutches, a few cracking noises are heard and Astarte whipers and staker head. Head, no use though, Kudzu doesn't budge.

Every toss of her head hurts with him clutching so hard. She tries to buck but gives up. It hurts too much. So she raises the body temperature in her core. It spreads outwards and soon her skin is glowing. Kudzu can feel the head coming up through his toes and hands, looking down worriedly. Thankfully for him through, while he skin does get very warm, it is not steaming hot like Astarte's trainer was hoping for.* It does cause Kudzu's grip to weaken, just a bit.

Kudzu meanwhile has been preparing his own attack and fires it at Astarte's neck just as she is firing her flaming torrent. Astarte's head is thrown upwards at the downward pressure on her neck and her attack goes skyward. The heat of it washes over Kudzu and he groans in pain. His own attack is spread outward on the Houndoom's neck and hits some of his own feet and arms. His grip weakens even more but he is still on. On the plus side, at least for Astrate, the heat over the Overheat and the Dragonbreath has caused the vine to fall off dead.

Kudzu tires to attack once more but he remembers Astarte's warning. He gulps and remains still as she tosses her head a little. He is flopped around a bit and Astarte gains hope. She shakes around a little more, but the lizard is still there, though loosely. She sighs and twists her head every which way as she fires a Flamethrower, weaker then normal. It catches the tail and tiny bit of the side of Kudzu a few times, but it is not major. The round ends, both panting, Kudzu still aboard, the Sandstorm finally finishes its beating.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 27%
Energy: 30%
Status: *Pant, pant*. Burned, 3% a round. Attack boosted (+2) Tormented

Astarte Houndoom ♀
HP: 29%
Energy: 69%

Kudzu got 3% damage from the heat from Overheat. I don't think a Grass type would handle the proximity to that well. He got 8% damage from the bits of Flamethrower getting him, and 3% from the burn.*I have seen Overheat used in the Animé, and Ash was riding Charizard while it was used. So while his skin might get quite warm, it isn't to hot to touch.

Astarte got 6% from the Strength as it wasn't to throw, but gripping, albeit harshly. Another 6% was from the Dragonbreath.

Weasel Overlord posts her attacks first.

Weasel Overlord
9th January 2007, 04:53 PM
Okay Astarte, try a Faint Attack in an attempt to shake Kudzu off once more. Then I want you to show him how big your Rage is! Finish up with yet another Flamethrower, hopefully you can do some more damage!

~Faint Attack ~Rage ~Flamethrower

Negrek
9th January 2007, 10:58 PM
Well, Kudzu, you've done a valiant job so far, but it's time to bring this to a close. Let go of Astarte's head and drop to the ground when he vanishes, then wait until he reappears and smack him with a brick break.

Next, trap him with a rock tomb

And finally, use a detect to sense that flamethrower and get out of the way right-quick. If, however, Astarte isn't able to fire off a flamethrower around the rocks encasing him, instead dig underneath and slam into his stomach from below--but do not resurface!

I know you're tired, but let's try to go out with a bang, eh?

Brick Break ~ Rock Tomb ~ Detect / Dig

Pichu Luver
14th January 2007, 08:19 PM
Chello!

Round Twenty

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 27%
Energy: 30%
Status: *Pant, pant*. Burned, 3% a round. Attack boosted (+2) Tormented
Brick Break/Rock Romb/Dig

Astarte Houndoom ♀
HP: 29%
Energy: 69%
Faint Attack/Rage/Flamethrower

------******------

Now Astarte is not likin a lizard on her head ohhh no. So she sets about removing the annoying menace. She leaps forward and as she starts to run, she disappears from view. Kudzu crashes into the ground, shouting out in pain. He tiredly gets up though and looks around. It isn't long and Astarte appears, looking pleased. Kudzu grins and runs at the dog, fist raised. He slams the pooch upside the head and Astarte yowls in pain. She paws at her face whimpering, glaring at Kudzu over her paws.

Astarte let's her furious anger feed into her attack. She snarls and gets to her feet. She lowers her head and grin savagely before leaping at Kudzu. She slashes with her paws, chomps with her mouth, and stomps on her burned tail. Anything she can think off to cause him pain, she does. Kudzu is grunting, yelling and sounds like he is getting his er, tail handed to him. He finally is left alone and he glares at Astarte, getting slowly to his feet. He chuckles, and Astarte is confused. Then she sees. The cement tiles, rocks from the pond, anything and everything are flying at him. He is quickly buried and then silence. Kudzu cautiously creeps up to the pile and looks through the rocks. Astarte is out cold.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kudzu Treecko ♂
HP: 21%

Astarte Houndoom ♀
HP: 0%

Kudzu got 6% damage from the Rage. Astarte was very ticked and had a 1% attack boost.

Astarte got 18% from the Brick Break at double strength and a 2% attack boost. He then got a Rock Tomb at double power and a 2% attack boost, 12%. Just enough to knock him out.

Ok! So congrats to Negrek! She gets 6 points! Weasel Overlord gets 3 points and I got what? ZERO?!? This is madness I say! Madness! Not getting paid for hard labour? Philibigibbet!

. . .

Nah kidding, I still get zero but no biggy, lol. WO please no killy me, all thwackage should be aimed at Negrek, eh heh. Later!

Weasel Overlord
14th January 2007, 10:10 PM
Phew, I'm glad that's over. Negrek, you have my congratulations. You handed me the biggest can of whup-arse I've actually EVER experienced. o.O

I mean, not like I'm a hotshot battler, but you should be proud! Only lost one pokemon and everything... *grumble mumble* One day... ONE DAY I would like a rematch, lol.

*toddles off to evolve a pokemon*

Negrek
18th January 2007, 09:57 PM
All right, great battle, Weasel Overlord! Thanks for a good fight, and of course, for my spheal. Whenever you want that rematch, just let me know.

Also, thanks a ton for saving the day with your reffing, River. It looked like this battle was going to be dropped for a little while, there...