PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh: Relinquished questions

Misdreavus
21st March 2003, 11:19 PM
1. My friend and I were arguing about Relinquished. Is it possible for him to take one of your own monsters instead of your opponent (get around Gravity Bind and have no drawbacks for Dark Elf/Jirai Gumo/Goblin Attack Force)?

2. If he does take one of your own monsters, does your opponent still take the damage when the monster is attacked and destroyed.

3. On the card, it states that whenever the monster that Relinquished takes a monster and Relinquished is attacked by a monster with a higher attack than Relinquished, the equipped monster dies instead of Relinquished. I hear that the ruling was changed so that Relinquished dies with the monster (in order to make Relinquished less powerful). Is this true.

4. The card states that your opponent takes the battle damage in the above scenario. Do you still take it as well?

5. If you do not take the damage in the above question, you cannot save your monster with Waboku (since you take no damage and Waboku prevents damage done to you)... right?

Thanks a lot.

DarkBlastoise
22nd March 2003, 12:54 PM
1. No...but theres a card called Magic Box of Death coming out that lets you cancel out a Magic card and choose a monster on your side of the field and if that monster isnt a Spellcaste it automatically goes to your oppo,'s side of the field (the reason WHY Griggle and Ameba were made). If you choose your GAF ans switch it to the other side of the field via MBoD, THEN and only THEN can u absorb it. Also if the opponent Snatch Steals your monster is anthwer way hehe.

2. uh no...at least i dont think so..ask DTZ

3. Yes this is true

4. Yes but only the battle Damage suffered from the Absorbed monster (say Reliqnquish is attacked by GAF [2300] bu has Gemini Elf [1900] Absorbed in ATk mode, you will loose only the 400LP differance and i believe your opponent will too if thats HIS monster.)

5. No

The Muffin Man
23rd March 2003, 03:46 PM
If your monster is destroyed without damage being involved, Woboku is not triggered. It's like "Fizzling" in Magic. The card can be activated, but with no legal targets it "Fizzles", as it is not a legal play. I.e you cannot pay the Mana cost in Magic, as your opponent forces you to pay 2 extra, and you cannot afford it.

so basically, no damage and you flip Woboku, it's fizzled out and dies.

Also, I have heard nothing of the rule change, and the tourney I go to had this problem. The judges ruled that said ruling as unconfirmed and NOT LEGAL!

DarkTemplarZ
23rd March 2003, 08:05 PM
Have no fear, the master of Relinquished rulings is here! o.O {/lameness}

1) No you can't.

2) can't take one of your own monsters. But if Relinquished absorbs a mon, then both players receive damage when R.'s opponent attacks it.

3) As the upper deck page is down and Edo's expert rules says no, I'd have to say nope.

4) as I said in #2, yep

5) Yep, Waboku saves the mon.

Misdreavus
26th March 2003, 08:31 PM
Ok. Thanks a lot. I clarified your rulings with my local tournament, and they are true. This can be closed now.