PDA

View Full Version : High School Graduation

Perfect Chaos
24th May 2006, 01:54 PM
Yay, it finally happened! I have graduated high school! :dance: :dance: :dance:

As for my future, I'm going to the University of Florida and major in pharmacy. I hope to get my PharmD degree and get into the industrial pharmaceutical field.

So my question, when have some of you guys graduated from high school? What was it like? And also, what are you doing now after high school?

-Sean

kawaiispinel
24th May 2006, 02:20 PM
I just graduated last week. I wasn't too thrilled about it because I really, really hate change. I keep comparing the graduation "walk" to the Bataan Death March, because it was just that sickening, and it rained during the ceremony while we were outside. Yay...

Although I did amuse myself by watching the band. One of my underclassman friends plays tuba and he's the finest example of a person who should never play the tuba I've ever seen.

As for plans, I'm going to Murray State University in Kentucky to get my BA in Psychology so I can become a cognitive therapist. :cool2:

Drusilla
24th May 2006, 02:46 PM
I'm graduating next week... It's really annoying that we're graduating late... -_-;;

I'm heading up North to major in Graphic Design at the University of Evansville in Indiana...

Blademaster
24th May 2006, 03:06 PM
Hey, congrats to you and Kawaii on graduating, Sean! :yes:

But the worst is yet to come... Mweh heh heh heh heh heh heh... :evil:

As for me, I graduated last year and am now attending Montclair State University where I major in Biology.

Go, Redhawks!!!

-Blade

Pm-5000fan
24th May 2006, 09:27 PM
Wow. It must feel great to experience the graduation of highschool. I feel so young compared to some of you guys... Anyways I just finished my freshman year of high school. Maybe I'll see you guys up there in college soon. But when I graduate, I'm going to A.S.U (Arizona State University) hopfully. I plan to major in engineering.

Dark Dragonite
24th May 2006, 09:31 PM
Well, this topic is about 4yrs too late for me, I graduated 2002...I'm working my way to a doctorate, yes, as in a PhD in Pharmacy...in a few yrs, you all will have to call me Dr. DD, lol

.hacker
25th May 2006, 12:00 AM
Congratulations on graduating from High School!

I graduated back in 2003, and I'm will get my Bachelor's degree next May. Then I have two years afterwards to get my MBA.

Honestly, I prefer college over high school. :cool:

Magmar
25th May 2006, 10:50 AM
Congratulations! What a huge milestone in each of your lives!

Congrats to all of our graduates, including Green Lanturn who hasn't spotted this thread yet. ^_^;

I graduated in 2004.

I'm going to a senior prom today.

Why? I've known the girl for years and she wants to go as friends, and since it's important to her and she's important to me. :P My last stand in high school! Too bad it's a Catholic dance, no grinding allowed -_-; they make us sign contracts and everything, lol

I'ma smack a nun tonight I swear :)

Drusilla
25th May 2006, 01:18 PM
Congratulations! What a huge milestone in each of your lives!

Congrats to all of our graduates, including Green Lanturn who hasn't spotted this thread yet. ^_^;

I graduated in 2004.

I'm going to a senior prom today.

Why? I've known the girl for years and she wants to go as friends, and since it's important to her and she's important to me. :P My last stand in high school! Too bad it's a Catholic dance, no grinding allowed -_-; they make us sign contracts and everything, lol

I'ma smack a nun tonight I swear :)

LOL! Have fun! Contracts... lol, that's funny. I guess they're trying to avoid what happened back in February at an HISD V-day dance... that was just not right...

Mastermysterious
25th May 2006, 02:23 PM
I graduated from high school in 2004.

The convocation was set in a neighbourhood that was far away from my house...it was empty with high roads and loads of restaurants. The ceremony was mostly about prizes and speeches. I won for attendance and diligence...

This year, I am graduating from CÉGEP, which is a milestone between high school and university in Québec. I graduated from the Liberal Arts program. It was an achievement itself because I did not enjoy my program at all.

Now I am planing to specialize myself in Economics and see if I can eat, sleep and breathe it for the rest of my life.

Personally, I prefered High school over the two other educational establishments.

Registing in university alone was a pain since you were left alone in the process. I guess it is to encourage independence.

nightcrow
26th May 2006, 03:27 PM
Yay, it finally happened! I have graduated high school! :dance: :dance: :dance:

As for my future, I'm going to the University of Florida and major in pharmacy. I hope to get my PharmD degree and get into the industrial pharmaceutical field.

So my question, when have some of you guys graduated from high school? What was it like? And also, what are you doing now after high school?

-Sean

UF sucks. Go USF ;)

I graduated on the 19th. I'm going for my biology degree at USF and then onto medical school thereafter.

Perfect Chaos
26th May 2006, 07:44 PM
UF sucks. Go USF ;)

I graduated on the 19th. I'm going for my biology degree at USF and then onto medical school thereafter.

I have a friend going to USF. Maybe you'll meet him there this Fall term.

Well, this topic is about 4yrs too late for me, I graduated 2002...I'm working my way to a doctorate, yes, as in a PhD in Pharmacy...in a few yrs, you all will have to call me Dr. DD, lol

I'm planning on entering the Pharmacy program at UF DD. Do you think its worth getting into and you have any advice for the Pharmacy program in general?

-Sean

Systematic Revolution
26th May 2006, 09:30 PM
I'm graduating June 8th. I'm going to South Hills School of Business and Technology here in central Pennsylvania for computer information systems. That program covers pretty much everything when it comes to computers--building, repairing, programming, networking, you name it, it covers it.

Katie
29th May 2006, 12:54 AM
I'm graduating tuesday :) class of like, 1300 or something? gonna be a retardedly long ceremony, but it's the last time I have to see any of these losers again if I don't want to :) then I'll be off to texas a&m, the best school in the entire world. I've wanted to go there since I was 6. I'm probably gonna switch majors 50 times but hopefully I'll stick under the engineering umbrella.

Gavin Luper
29th May 2006, 10:40 PM
Congrats, Perfect Chaos!

I graduated in October last year. It was great fun - at our school out last day is "Muck Up Day" so basically we go to classes (and do nothing) for the first half of the day, and the second half is spent having a massive water/mud/other fight on the school oval. Was the best way to finish school. Mega fun. Had a formal Graduation Mass and Dinner that night, and that was good too, a bit emotional to be finished school but it was surprisingly quite enjoyable.

Since leaving school, I've been taking a year off, having deferred my Arts course at Uni. I'm going backpacking to Europe in winter (the northern hemisphere's summer) so that will be AWESOME.

Cheers.

Little_Pikachu
30th May 2006, 10:58 AM
Ok, now this makes me feel old :P I finished high school in '98, 8 years ago! I dabbled in college for a few years, then went to university and I'm finally graduating this year. My thing is in July though, so I have a couple of months of nothingness until then. It's time for me to grow up I suppose.

RedStarWarrior
30th May 2006, 01:23 PM
Pharmaceuticals, eh?

Invite me to the college graduation party at your homemade meth lab.

Drusilla
2nd June 2006, 06:13 PM
Officially graduated yesterday! ^_^ I have time from now until the end of July to have fun...

Crystal Mew
4th June 2006, 01:40 AM
Congratz to everyone who graduated!
I graduated last year from high school.....and I took a year off just cause I needed a break from school. but I'm going to UNM in the fall, and I'm really excited. Like Katie I'm probably going to change majors a lot....but thats ok! 8)

The Blue Avenger
4th June 2006, 04:43 PM
I'm graduating next Sunday... at 9 in the morning. Ugh.

At any rate, I'm going to be attending North Carolina State University, and I'll be majoring in Mathematics Education.

Knight of Time
4th June 2006, 05:48 PM
I graduated from high school earlier than most of you, in fact, Suzie is the only one here who graduated before I did. I graduated from my high school back in 2001, but after taking an additional year of courses there, and going to my job training program (it was from December 2004 to June 2005, ending on the 3rd), it's been finalized that I will be heading to college this fall, one course I'm going to be in will be Business Administration, and I believe I'll also be in Retail Business Management. BTW, congrats to all you guys who graduated this year, and belated congrats to those who graduated before 2006.

Zak
4th June 2006, 10:44 PM
I finished school last week... but I'm graduating Wednesday and having prom tomorrow night.

OHHHH SIX

Gengachu
4th June 2006, 10:45 PM
I graduated a few weeks ago with honors. I should have been the class valedictorian but I didn't get it on a technicality. I'm still listed as #1 student, though so it's all good. I'm going to college next year to study psychology, and most of it's paid for by scholarships. So, graduation has been a great thing for me. I regret nothing about my high school career or the friendships that I've made. Mostly, I'm just ready to move on in my life.

Congrats to everyone who has graduated recently.

en0miz
6th June 2006, 06:44 PM
Congrats to all the grads! I graudated from high school last year and just finished my first year at Maryland Eastern Shore (yes, I know you've never heard of it). I can't complain much about going to a small school though, it's free (full scholarship).. anyways, I'm an Animal Science/pre-vet major hoping to get into vet school after I'm done with undergrad (hard as hell to get into). If not, I plan on working with a USDA agency (interning at one now in Annapolis, MD) and breeding huskies on the side. :)

Things have been going pretty good for me, and trust, college is a thousand times better than high school, especially if you're dorming.

pokemasterfrank
6th June 2006, 10:38 PM
Omedeto, dude :o

I graduated as well, last saturday, actually :o Off to kill ourselves in the real world :D

Drago
7th June 2006, 04:49 AM
Congrats to all ye graduates, I finished high school back in October '05; in Australia it isn't quite as splendoured a thing, it's muck-up day like Gav alluded to and a week of various bizarre costumes (I dressed up all silly-like), final exams then graduation. For me, the actual graduation was so damn anticlimatic. I made sure to point and nod for no apparent reason when my name was called, then stuff my face at the after-party. It was pretty funny seeing people go all teary-eyed about the 'end of an era' or whatever. Seriously, I see most of these people every day... STILL.

Nowadays I'm bumming it up at Victoria University, undertaking performance studies (yessum, Tony on the bludge), though this week was the beginning of my mid-year holidays, allowing me two months to reflect, or study, or get drunk, or whatever. I enjoy a breezy affair, even if it means I won't get anywhere in the real world.

And, funnily enough, I came out of high school with a more thorough knowledge of American colleges than Australian ones, thanks entirely to college football. I would've preferred to have gone to Texas.

Kris
7th June 2006, 02:49 PM
Well we dont really graduate over here but I finish my college course in 2 weeks. Im looking forward to the break but Im coming back to the same college for my degree next year. So it doesnt really matter, most of my friends are going from this course to the same one as me.

Congrats to all you graduates though!