PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stuff

Magmar
25th May 2006, 10:59 AM
I post in two other message boards, both of which have one of these threads. So I'm going to start one, and you can take it or leave it.

This is an "Interesting things that have happened to me lately that don't deserve their own thread, but are amusing nonetheless and can be discussed/commented on, and you basically post when something kind of cool happens that's noteworthy in your life" thread.

For example, this is just too cool/convenient/coincidential that I wanted to mention it, but it didn't really warrant its own thread.

The other day I went up to my friend Caserra's house to bring her cell phone to her. We began discussing my college's newspaper. She had already gotten into her PJ's and it was getting late, but I convinced her to put some clothes on and swing by the college for a few to pick up a copy of the most recent issue, which featured my rebuttal opinions piece towards this one guy who was a complete ninny and had an article published about how wonderful smoking is. Mine was titled "Cigarette smoking causes cancer, Asshole" (big bold on top of page! ^_^) because I'm the copy editor and I can publish what I want, lol...

So I decided to show Caserra the hidden basement of one of the halls, which is supposedly haunted. It took so much coaxing to convince her to go, she was nervous as hell... finally entered the halls of the haunted math building...

...and we randomly bumped into an audition for her favorite Shakespearean tragedy, Macbeth!

So we auditioned cold and on the spot and got called back! I'm assuming that means we got roles because we got to perform a lot more at our second auditions, and they really worked with us one on one this time.

It was so random but so sweet!

I love little things like that.

mr_pikachu
25th May 2006, 03:01 PM
Seems sort of like some chat threads we've had in the past. Good stuff. But you found an audition for Macbeth in the math department? Weird...

Well, my parents just recently moved, and since I'm not living on the college campus now (since it's summer), that means that I moved as well. And it's not been a good move. The builder screwed up just about every area in the house. (Seriously, it's hard to find something that wasn't botched.) Worse yet, he's adamant about not returning, because he apparently thinks that his job is finished. Not to mention that I get to live in this house, about 100 miles away from anyone I know. Joy.

Not quite as sweet as your event, Magmar, but major (for me, anyway) nonetheless.

Crazy
25th May 2006, 03:59 PM
Well the closest thing I have to interesting would be that I have acquired a new book, it is called Velocity. I bought it a few days ago and I only have a 100 or so pages left. Tis quite good and it hasn't bored me yet. (Holy crap, this book just surprised me, I thought I had the killer! Blah!)

kawaiispinel
25th May 2006, 04:26 PM
Wow... That Macbeth thing is awesome. I'd kill to be that amazingly lucky. :cool2:

I saw The Da Vinci Code over this past weekend (not the major point of this or else I'd put it in "I Just Saw" thread; read on. :wink: ) with some friends, and we got kinda bored somewhere near the middle. (Only one of us had read the book and she was ranting to her boyfriend the whole time about everything they got wrong, which is always funny.) So we spent a good deal of time whispering random commentary back and forth a la Mystery Science Theater 3000. (This makes me a hypocrite because I hate when people talk in theaters, but we were being very discreet about, which is more than I can say about others who do it. :rolleyes: ...Okay, I'm just a hypocrite.) It was tres amusing. ^^;; My friends and I are weird.

To define how weird, enjoy some of the commentary. (No spoilers unless casual observances that mean nothing to the plot can be construed as spoilers.)

"Who uses two canes?!"

"Ooooh that was elegant."/"It almost looked like he was going to beat them over the head with the canes."/ "... But elegantly!"

"Wow... This is almost like Dogma!"/"It's too classy to be Dogma."/"The situation is similar."/"No, it's not!"/"Okay, that one concept is similar."/"...Ohhh... Yeah, you have a point there."

"They leave out the part where it tells about how the Lourve has 666 glass panels."/"But isn't that sort of general information that only a genius, a madman, or Dustin* would know?"/"Yeah, but think of the irony!"

Yeah, probably not all that interesting... But it's random, at least. That's something. It's also amusing and significant to me, because soon I won't get to hang out with my friends anymore. Curse you, graduation!

*Dustin- mutual friend of my group who knows everything... Or almost everything.

Magmar
26th May 2006, 10:03 AM
The Louvre has 666 glass panels? O_o Creepyyyyy

Caserra got her part, as an update! She's playing her dream role XD the first murderer. That's so freaking amazing. "It may rain."/"Let it come down." BADASS.

I got a shit role of course. I'm the messenger. All hail my one sceeeene!

Systematic Revolution
26th May 2006, 09:37 PM
Get me a Pepsi, messenger boy. ;)

Well nothing particularly interesting has happened really. Well, the after-prom party I went to last weekend was interesting. Some got drunk, others didn't. We played cards and bumper pool. Nothing really significant, but it was a good time hanging out with friends.

Eyedolize
27th May 2006, 01:25 AM
Well I went outside of my house today which is located close to a lake, and I've noticed there was a mother duck with her ducklings. I began walking within a short distance from them and they started to follow me for reason, and they followed me for like one minute. After a while they retured to their momma duck, and it made me wonder what was it about me that they found so attractive? I thought that was pretty interesting, :-/