PDA

View Full Version : Mist in Emerald

Bulbasaur4
30th May 2006, 11:21 PM
[color=royalblue]
I just had a question about the Mist that occurs in Emerald from time to time. (like when you dive, Mt. Pyre and that one flame gym...) Is it so thick that you can't see anything but your character? Because that is what it is like for me... and it makes things really difficult. I was just wondering if there was anything you could do to make the mist thin out a bit. ^^;

mr_pikachu
31st May 2006, 12:35 AM
You can't see your character in the mist? That's odd... I've never had a problem with that. Sounds sort of like some of the issues with night in GSC...

Are you using a Game Boy SP, by any chance? If so, I highly suggest that you turn on the backlight, regardless of the time of day. I've found that the normal lighting tends to be highly inadequate, even in comparison to the lighting of the traditional GBA. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't really offer any helpful suggestions (other than to buy a light for your Game Boy if you're not using an SP).

Poryhedron
31st May 2006, 12:20 PM
There's another strong possibility. Video game mist that's supposed to be very thin can often become opaque if the game is NOT BEING PLAYED IN ITS INTENDED MEDIUM. Are you using a Game Boy or a keyboard?

Bulbasaur4
31st May 2006, 02:20 PM
[color=royalblue]
Actually I think I know the reason now... thanks for your help guys. I'm playing it on my SP, but I think my SP might be broken since it's been having a few more hiccups now. Stupid thing... *smashes* Thanks for your help!