PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer

Ultimate Charizard
31st May 2006, 10:40 PM
Just curious to see if theres any other people here who Play, read the books, visit the stores or have any interest in the Table top wargame known as Warhammer.

As far as ive noticed im the only one on this board.

So....anyone?

Heald
1st June 2006, 05:02 AM
I have a few of the video games, although the only good one is Dawn Of War.

I used to collect it back in the day, like, when I was ten. I had a pretty awesome Lizardmen army.

homeofmew
1st June 2006, 08:14 AM
I seen it played a lot at anime conventions and what npt.
looks good, I tryed to play it, but I died a lot.

Ultimate Charizard
1st June 2006, 10:26 AM
Its a good game. You need to build and use your own army to get the hang of it. There are too many intricacies and rules for you to just use someone else's models. They can be very individual to the player.

Ive only personally played Warhammer 40K (The Sci FI version) and predominantly use Space Wolves though im just now starting to move into the fantasy battle game with a Dwarf army.

Kris
1st June 2006, 06:12 PM
Ive never actually played it but I know a lot of people at school used to be really into it. I remember seeing the models and how they used to paint them on their own. I was hugely impressed by this and always thought it was pretty cool.

Never really understood how it works though

Ultimate Charizard
1st June 2006, 06:26 PM
Its been likened to D&D ie everything is decided by Dice Rolls and it does seem quite daunting but once you have a grasp of the rules then its pretty fun. Alot simply buy the models for painting and conversions. I do alot of that myself.

Dark Scizor
2nd June 2006, 01:44 AM
I used to like it when I was about 11 or 12.

I'm considering just doing a one off conversion sometime after my exams just for the sake of it.

The stigma attached to Warhammer is quite overwhelming and it costs a stupid amount of money, money which could be better spent on something more useful. I also found the whole game aspect very boring and time consuming, painting was the only thing that was alright in my opinion. That and growing out of the 'hobby.'

I used to play as Ultramarines.

Edit: Wooo. 2000 posts, if only I'd wasted it on something more trivial.

Weasel Overlord
6th June 2006, 05:01 AM
[color=silver]Wow! A Warhammer thread! ^^

I play High Elves. And I used to play Eldar, but I've gone over to the side of the glorious emperor and now I play Witch Hunters!

I've got just over 1500 points of High Elves, and slightly less, um, 500 points of Witch Hunters. But I plan on buying a beautiful Exorcist as soon as I get thirty quid that can be spent on it...

ps: *spit* gag! Marines... Lego boy-scouts... Scum! We will purge the heretics... *eerie voice*

Ultimate Charizard
6th June 2006, 05:37 AM
God not the Nuns with Guns. My friend plays them and kits out with so many faith points theres never a single turn when their stats stay as they should.

And i dont play Marines, i play SpaceWolves. You know they have as much in common with the Ultra's as Chaos lol.

Sceptile_Master
6th June 2006, 06:04 AM
I used to play it when I was 12-13. I collected eldar. I quit though because of the amounts of money they cost just kept getting higher and higher and it's too much for what they are selling now. I've always had little inclinations to start up in the world of the fantasy warhammer though cause I prefer that type of stuff to the sci-fi scene. Plus putting them together and painting always took hell loads of time and still turned out crap. I wanted to actually play the frikkin' game lol.

Lady Vulpix
6th June 2006, 08:27 AM
I don't, but I'm an avid player of Dragon Tamers Battle Range, which has a setting derived from Warhammer (which we found out years after it was created). The former TPMer Scott (a.k.a. Indraugnir) was a Warhammer fan.

Dark Scizor
6th June 2006, 11:32 AM
I quit though because of the amounts of money they cost just kept getting higher and higher and it's too much for what they are selling now.

Yeah, I love the way costs inkle up gradually intil something is around 60% more costly than it was before, or even 100% in some cases.

Ultimate Charizard
6th June 2006, 07:59 PM
Yeah the prices are a bit shocking. Im just getting into Fantasy battle as opposed to 40k. Had my first battle with my Dwarfs today and twatted a veteran lol

Stumpy, Beardy fella's. Gotta love em!