PDA

View Full Version : the pillows on tour in the US

pokemasterfrank
1st June 2006, 03:31 AM
http://www.delicious-label.com/pillows_us2006/index_1.html

This is awesome. Definately going up to Seattle for a weekend @_@

Alucard
1st June 2006, 06:52 AM
Why was this moved? I would of thought that a band that have done ANIME MUSIC would be suited better in the ANIME section ;x

pokemasterfrank
1st June 2006, 09:56 AM
My thoughts exactly. Though it seems Dark-san doesn't know the pillows. Blasphemous :(

D!
2nd June 2006, 01:20 AM
Holy SHIT!
Man, that is awesome..
I wish they'd come to Australia..
They are such an awesome band..

I haven't heard the album My Foot..
Is it good?

I would like to check out some images of the concert..
Take some photos while you're up there, Pokemasterfrank..

pokemasterfrank
2nd June 2006, 07:50 PM
Holy SHIT!
Man, that is awesome..
I wish they'd come to Australia..
They are such an awesome band..

I haven't heard the album My Foot..
Is it good?

I would like to check out some images of the concert..
Take some photos while you're up there, Pokemasterfrank..

Hehe, I have to find a ride up there first. And yeah, the My Foot album is good :o But if I get there, I'll be sure to take pictures...though I think last time they performed at the Croc, there wasn't good lighting for photos...oh well.

pokemasterfrank
22nd June 2006, 12:41 AM
Bleh, double post, but anyone else in the Pacific Northwest heading up to the concert? :P Curious if I'll meet any TPMers while I'm up there :P

Adz44
5th July 2006, 12:49 PM
I take it 'Ride On Shooting Star' isn't one of Dark-san's favourite songs, then? lol

...coincidently, a friend of mine (who goes by the alias 'Dark' on CS: S and some message boards) can't get enough of it. I like that song, too. I also like 'Little Busters'. Bizarre lyrics, but great none the less.

pokemasterfrank
11th July 2006, 06:43 PM
Hehe. Hehe, bizarre lyrics are awesome, no? Though they do have some serious lyriced pieces as well.

Anyway, I went up to Seattle for the concert. It rocked, though I ended up behind a support pole for a portion of it. I was able to shift up to the front as people succumbed to heat exaustion. I swear, the place was like a sauna :P Poor circulation + a ton of packed, sweating bodies + summer day = bad :P the pillows really know how to put on a good show. The songs were good live songs. Everyone there seemed psyched. There was lots of jumping and screaming. All around fun.

The opening act wasn't very good, though :P

EDIT: Blah. Also, I forgot to bring a camera :/ Makes me feel really retarded.

Dark-San
31st July 2006, 10:42 AM
I take it 'Ride On Shooting Star' isn't one of Dark-san's favourite songs, then? lol

[b][size=3]If you asked me, I really have no knowledge of the pillows. And also the only 'Shooting Star' that I known of is sung by Kotoko, which is also the same opening as Onegai Teacher. If Kotoko belongs to that band, then I should really hit myself on the head for not knowing it.

*mumbles*

I haven't been catching up on the recent J pop chart lately. Been busy recently, school just started and the 'festival' is RPGASB is just starting.

mr_pikachu
1st August 2006, 07:56 PM
Ride on Shooting Star = Ending theme for FLCL (Fooly Cooly).

I'm actually surprised you didn't know that, Dark... Personally, it's my favorite ending theme for any anime (although not the best overall song; Sakura Saku from Love Hina, Obsession from .hack//SIGN, and Rise from GitS: 2nd Gig are always going through my playlist).

Anyway, I can't believe it was that hot in Seattle... was the building just horribly constructed, or something? I've always thought Seattle was relatively cool, even in the dead heat of summer. I'm sure it can probably get up to the mid-90s, but I wouldn't think it would be sweltering unless there was an extreme amount of body heat. If you happen to know, how many people attended? I'm curious.

Dark-San
2nd August 2006, 10:53 AM
Ride on Shooting Star = Ending theme for FLCL (Fooly Cooly).

I'm actually surprised you didn't know that, Dark... Personally, it's my favorite ending theme for any anime (although not the best overall song; Sakura Saku from Love Hina, Obsession from .hack//SIGN, and Rise from GitS: 2nd Gig are always going through my playlist).

[b][size=3]Me <- isn't a big fan of FLCL.

Yes, I've watched them once but they did not leave behind much of an impression since I am not that type. Yes if you are talking about Love Hina and Hack Sign (From Roar), I have seen them all.

Razola
5th August 2006, 12:24 AM
[b][size=3]Me <- isn't a big fan of FLCL. I motion we revoke Dark-San's position as Anime mod. ASAP.