PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Mirage (Round 2)

Plantae
1st June 2006, 07:12 AM
Mod Approved by Zak

Welcome to the second round of Mirage (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/mirage.htm).

Clarification
1. You can create your own illusions.
2. You can create useless illusions for no points.
3. Contingent illusions (those that activate under a certain condition) are viable but cost one additional point.
4. Detection works for the entire turn in which they are used.

Change
The point total is now seven instead of ten.

General
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic.
2. Dead players may post sparsely, but may not give hints that could affect gameplay in any form.
3. Do not post private messages in the thread.
4. Do not edit your posts.
5. Post all votes in bold or they will not be counted.

Cast
Heald
Magmar
TheBlueAvenger
Weasel Overlord

Dead
Green Lanturn - unknowing
Roy Karrde - unknowing
Vulpix.ck87 - unknowing
Ace64 - knowing
Mega Horny - knowing

Roles
Unknowing x4

The illusions of the mind are still deadly to the soul. The current turn is - Unknowing Victory.

Magmar
1st June 2006, 10:42 AM
I'll stay neutral this turn. :)

Also, veni vidi vici! *Turns Plantae into Thom Yorke* *hides from stampeding women*

Green Lanturn
1st June 2006, 12:09 PM
Got this started early then I see...

Neutral-ity

~GL

Heald
1st June 2006, 12:16 PM
Neutral, just for the pure monotony of it.

Weasel Overlord
1st June 2006, 02:49 PM
[color=silver]*ears prick* What's this I hear? Thom Yorke, you say? *leaps on Jobes* Wheee!

I mean, I choose to be un-boring, and vote for...um... Green Lanturn. To break the sheer monotony of this whole 'neutrality on turn one' crap.
Hooray for Yorkey illusions, that's what I say!

The Blue Avenger
1st June 2006, 04:36 PM
*casts a spell that makes himself look like he's voting neutral, which, incidentally, he is*

Plantae
1st June 2006, 05:31 PM
You bastard, Magmar. Now I know what Napoleon felt like, short as this body is. Ah well. Run with it, eh? Yeh? "She lives with a broken man..."

Ace64
1st June 2006, 09:05 PM
Neutral it is...

Plantae
2nd June 2006, 11:36 AM
Expect the unexpected.

Dead
Green Lanturn - unknowing

Begin Turn 2.

Magmar
2nd June 2006, 09:56 PM
o_O;;

Uhh... I *would* vote for Weasel, but... I just don't think that was intentional? o.O;

Random vote for the ever-inactive Roy Karrde until I start seeing some illusion results.

Vulpix.ck87
3rd June 2006, 08:29 AM
*strides in with her illusionary gerbil army* Mwahaha *the gerbils twirl their bayonets precariousy*

I vote Dark-san. No reason apart from that it is Queen Carklore's wishes..

*the gerbils leap at Weasel Overlord's face* nwehehe.. Make it so!

Ace64
3rd June 2006, 05:59 PM
I guess Roy Kaarde. Poor guy. So busy..

Heald
3rd June 2006, 06:16 PM
Mega Horny. Clearly guilty.

Magmar
3rd June 2006, 08:06 PM
I'll change my vote to Mega Horny. Before he gets a chance to kill himself again!

Plantae
4th June 2006, 09:21 AM
I apologize for the delay, but ahem:

[b][size=3]Plantae, kindly remove me for the next game since I would out of the country and would have no internet access. Put me in the third game instead. Thanks.

You did notice he is not on the list, right?

Dead
Roy Karrde - unknowing

Begin Turn 3.

Magmar
4th June 2006, 09:48 AM
*strides in with her illusionary gerbil army* Mwahaha *the gerbils twirl their bayonets precariousy*

I vote Dark-san. No reason apart from that it is Queen Carklore's wishes..

*the gerbils leap at Weasel Overlord's face* nwehehe.. Make it so!

That's okay. I tried to cast an illusion on Dark-San. XD;;; Plantae was like "Uhh..." XD;

Umm... Mega Horny can die.

The Blue Avenger
4th June 2006, 10:56 AM
Shoot! Forgot about the game for a bit... >_< Um, um, sure, Mega Horny.

Heald
4th June 2006, 11:05 AM
TheBlueAvenger, because I think he's a liar. I doubt he's blue, and I suspect he hasn't really avenged anyone, or anything.

The Blue Avenger
4th June 2006, 11:47 AM
Does this picture lie? (http://starmen.net/mother2/images/game/hhappyist.png)

Heald
4th June 2006, 11:54 AM
starmen.net?

I don't think I even want to know what image you were trying to hotlink to.

The Blue Avenger
4th June 2006, 12:17 PM
Argh, I forgot they do that.

Let's try again...

Does this picture lie? (http://novaluablecontent.anidlemind.com/hhappyist.png)

Heald
4th June 2006, 12:43 PM
That just looks like some Klansman who accidently put his robes in the wash with his lucky blue socks.

So you're a either a liar or an acute racist. Or something.

Changing my vote to Ace64 for the pure hell of it.

Weasel Overlord
4th June 2006, 02:06 PM
[color=silver]Mega Horny. Like I can be arsed...and my computer is buggerin' up like buggery's business... *kicks slow computer* It takes, like, a year to load a page ><

Ace64
4th June 2006, 04:50 PM
So the blue Klansmen convinced you, eh Heald?

Mega Horny. Why not.

The Blue Avenger
4th June 2006, 06:12 PM
So the blue Klansmen convinced you, eh Heald?

Why shouldn't he? ;)

Ace64
4th June 2006, 06:14 PM
Heh.Good point, too true.

Plantae
5th June 2006, 02:26 PM
The results of Turn 4 are as follows.

Dead
Vulpix.ck87 - knowing
Ace64 - knowing

So begins Dusk 1.

The Blue Avenger
5th June 2006, 08:51 PM
...what? Did someone cast an illusion to make this look like the Werewolf game?

Shouldn't we win now, too?

Magmar
5th June 2006, 08:57 PM
How is it Dusk? O_o;
what can we do during Dusk

The Blue Avenger
6th June 2006, 07:26 AM
Well, I bet we're still allowed to vote... I'm going to vote for Vulpix.ck87.

Yes, I know what I said.

Heald
6th June 2006, 07:52 AM
TheBlueAvenger. Only crazy people vote for dead people.

The Blue Avenger
6th June 2006, 08:03 AM
MIRAGE SPOILERS

Ace is the only one that's dead.

END SPOILERS

Heald
6th June 2006, 08:09 AM
Damn, you ruined it for me.

Yet how did you know?

Also, it's Dusk, shouldn't we all be sleeping, or something?

The Blue Avenger
6th June 2006, 08:11 AM
If you knew me and my sleeping habits, dusk is the perfect time for me to be awake. :D

And we are allowed to cast spells in this game. I merely cast "Dispell Illusion."

Heald
6th June 2006, 08:14 AM
We can cast spells? Holy shit, I'd better actually read the rules.

For that valuable insight, I'm changing my vote to Vulpix, regardless of whether we can actually vote.

Magmar
6th June 2006, 09:09 AM
ehh, a vote for vulpix it is.

Plantae
6th June 2006, 02:53 PM
I declare that TBA's revealing Vulpix.ck87 is dead is not incorrect. So, yes, this effect is no longer operating.

- Make one player seem dead at the end of a turn for one turn. The affected player may also be made aware of being alive by any player who has detected illusions on the dead player. Such a message is publically revealed by the detecting player. One cannot falsely reveal that a player is not really dead. A dead player's role is revealed, with a 50% chance of the role revealed actually being the player's role.

Plantae
6th June 2006, 09:36 PM
The deaths of the turn.

Dead
Vulpix.ck87 - unknowing
Mega Horny - knowing (doomed out)

Which means that this game ends in an Unknowing Victory! Congratulations those that survived. The next game is to be postponed a lengthy amount of time, though it is your prerogative to host in my absence. See, I am leaving on vacation this weekend for a week, and thus cannot host.

I shall let you vote amongst yourselves what to do. A few choices?

1. Allow Zcade0 to host - he has a variant that I have potentially approved, though whether or not he hosts is up to all of you. I trust you will make the wise decision.
2. Someone step up to host either a game of TWG or Mirage, as the Axis Mundi and Witch Trials rules are no longer up.

I will answer any questions and will be somewhat available for comments and otherwise if necessary.

Ace64
6th June 2006, 09:49 PM
Whee...the game should've ended with my death- it was me vs. everybody else! Dunno when MH is coming out- I vote we leave him out of the next game. Whatever role he gets is as good as dead.

I'm fine with waiting, if nobody steps up.

Magmar
6th June 2006, 11:51 PM
I'm cool with a break. I've participated in every game, and it's been almost a full year of these :eek:

Green Lanturn
7th June 2006, 12:05 AM
So was I actually dead or what???

Perhaps plantae, you could shed some light...as me and barry were discussing this...

Was i truly dead, or was it because nobody ever revealed the fact that i wasnt dead that i stayed in that appearance?

And if i was dead, how the hell did I die?

Just like to know, for future reference...

~GL

Plantae
7th June 2006, 07:23 AM
You were actually dead, yes. Ace64 used a silly little illusion to redirect all votes of "neutral" in Turn 1 and you ended up with enough to get killed by them. I apologize for not clearing that up; the death illusion is likely to be removed as it simply causes more problems than it is worth.

That, or I will fix its effects to work for a set number of turns.

Dark-San
7th June 2006, 07:51 AM
[b][size=3] Actually I would prefer that we would not stop. After since I missed the last mirage game and if we stop, we would have to start advertising and recruiting players again.

Meanwhile is anyone agreeable if we stick to werewolf game till Plantae returns?

Magmar
7th June 2006, 10:56 AM
I am.

The Blue Avenger
7th June 2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I don't mind.

Weasel Overlord
7th June 2006, 12:22 PM
[color=silver]Yaaay! TWG! Aye, I'm up for that ^^

Ace64
7th June 2006, 02:23 PM
Fine with me.

And hey, that neutral illusion was pure gold! The perfect thing to take advantage of the indecisiveness on the first turn. At least...until it ended up killing ME.

Plantae
7th June 2006, 03:20 PM
It looks like a TWG is up for next round. I am about trying to recruit a few more players as we are a bit shorthanded. In the meantime: who would like to host?

Heald
7th June 2006, 03:24 PM
I don't really have enough time to host but if I have been toying with the idea of a new set of rules we could try out. They're unwritten at the moment but if you wanted I could make them written and send them to you.

Plantae
7th June 2006, 03:26 PM
I would be glad to look them over for you, Heald. But as the span of my absence is to be close to two rounds anyway, might you slate yours for the round after this next one if you so desire?

Magmar
7th June 2006, 11:54 PM
I'm online at a fairly consistent hour each day, I can host again, unless somebody new would like to try. Maybe Dark-San or Emo-Faun? They both have a very different time zone, so it'll be easier to have even hour increments because I know Yi-Wen was usually online when it was like... 6 a.m. where I am ^_^;

+conspiracy+
8th June 2006, 12:52 AM
ummmm.. dunno if I can do this, but do I just ask to play or do I have to be recruited or something :-)

also, am I retarded?

Plantae
8th June 2006, 08:01 AM
You may join, conspiracy, and we would be glad to have you. Assuming his participation and Magmar as the host of the next game we have the following.

Cast
Host - Magmar
Heald
TheBlueAvenger
Weasel Overlord
Mega Horny
Ace64
Vulpix.ck87
Roy Karrde
Green Lanturn
Asilynne (Pending)
Dark-San
Drusilla
+conspiracy+
Hyperness is a Good Thing
Zcade0

Green Lanturn
8th June 2006, 12:57 PM
Im always up for a game of TWG, so yeah, im fine with continuing in your absence with Barry as the host...

I must say, you've done some recruiting Planae, 15 people is a nice sized cast...

On to another wonderful game...

~GL

Dark-San
8th June 2006, 11:22 PM
[b][size=3] If I get called back for some manning, I will be gone for another 48 hours or so. So hosting is out of the question for now. However things would be different from mid July onwards since I would have the time. Onwards to another game of TWG!

Magmar
9th June 2006, 12:16 AM
Okay, I'm going to start the next round.