PDA

View Full Version : The Omen

Kyl3
1st June 2006, 07:59 PM
DISCLAIMER: I've been called Satanic due to my wanting to see this movie, and if your one of these people that are going to do that, go away.

Anyone seen the original? I haven't seen it but I heard it was good. Anyone want to see this new one? I do. I hear its good and the commercials look interesting but I'm still not so sure what it is about other then this kid being the Anti-Christ. Can anyone fill me in?

Bison Woes
1st June 2006, 08:20 PM
The Omen is one of my favorite creepy movies. I didn't see the first original one, however. I saw the last two which were quite creepy and disturbing.

The jist of the storyline I remember is that a kid is born to be the Anti-Christ and his parents don't believe it but then people start dying everywhere. Basically, everyone who tries to get in his way is destroyed and killed in some horrific fashions(one involved being squished between two train cars). In the original last one (I believe) he grows up and becomes incredibly influenitial in the government. He uses sublinimal messages when the Christ figure is supposedly born to rid the world of baby boys at that time. There's a very disturbing scene with that that was very creepy (and I hope they do something with that in this new movie if we get that far).

I want to see it sometime just to compare it to the old one. Hopefully, it will be just as creepy as the original.

Jeff
1st June 2006, 09:04 PM
DISCLAIMER: I've been called Satanic due to my wanting to see this movie, and if your one of these people that are going to do that, go away.

Don't worry, I don't think you're satanic because of that, it's your avatar that does it for me :P. Anyway I would actually like to see it myself, looks really creapy. And as for the plot, it's about the antichrist like BW said, and apparently he got switched at birth with his "parents'" real kid and he's actually the son of the devil. One really creepy thing about it (aside from it being released on 6-6-06) is that scene where that woman (presumably his mother I guess) hangs herself, yeah might be a bit too creepy for me.

Sceptile_Master
2nd June 2006, 03:32 PM
The omen is one of my favourite films. I'm annoyed at them remaking it. You just don't remake the omen. It's just wrong grr.

Kyl3
2nd June 2006, 05:14 PM
Don't worry, I don't think you're satanic because of that, it's your avatar that does it for me :P.Haha, its a band logo, no satanism anywhere here.