PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Hail to the Chief?

Blademaster
4th June 2006, 01:27 AM
I've been pondering this question for a while, partly because I'm curious, partly because I'm always trying to learn something new, and partly because I have nothing better to do.

Black, gay, or woman - who'll become president first?

I believe a black will become president first simply because while gays and women don't have as many rights as their counterparts (right to get married, right to equal wages, etc.), blacks do.

However, the whole Clinton ordeal and Hillary's possible running for president in '08 may prove me wrong; likely, a gay won't become President for a long time, because while women and blacks have gotten more rights over the years, gays haven't; in fact, gays have been actually receiving more of a bum rap since Bush became president.

...Yeah, sorry my arguments are so shoddy, but it's 2am, and besides, I'm more interested on what the rest of you have to say.

So...

Any thoughts?

-Blade

homeofmew
4th June 2006, 07:00 AM
a white woman.
why: one step at a time is needed. :P
or it can be all 3 a black lesbian woman :p

+conspiracy+
5th June 2006, 04:42 AM
o noes... cant just let this topic fall to the bottom

anyways, I believe that a black man will gain the presidency first.. my only reason being our nation's history. Blacks got the right to vote half a century before women did... thats all :P

Magmar
5th June 2006, 12:03 PM
I hope a homosexual gets it.

Why? Because I am one and when I become president, I'll still be gay.

Dark-San
7th June 2006, 07:06 AM
[b][size=3] The issue on sex preference is still a touchy one. The other issues like racial origin and sex are already well developed and had been fought and debated globally. Hence, my vote would go to sex since it is still more accepted than the latter.

Drusilla
7th June 2006, 05:45 PM
I hope a homosexual gets it.

Why? Because I am one and when I become president, I'll still be gay.

Rock on!

I think it'll be either a black or a woman. I'm totally hoping that Hillary goes for it...

SupremeChampion
10th June 2006, 07:30 PM
[i]i think that there will be a male african american president out of that list first. i dunno, i just think that that's what'll happen first.

~The Italian Stallion

mr_pikachu
14th June 2006, 12:15 AM
I think it'll probably be an African-American first, unless Hillary surprises us in '08. And I hope she doesn't win it, just because I don't care for her values. (And no, I'm not referring to the infamous acts of her husband in saying that. Her political values leave a lot to be desired, in my opinion.)

Dark Dragonite
24th June 2006, 09:35 PM
That depends, if the Republicans put up a black candidate, and the Democrats put up a white candidate, I believe the woman would win, although Republicans seem to vote in masses.

Zak
1st July 2006, 11:09 PM
First off, why isn't "foriegner" on that list, with Schwarzenegger trying to get the laws changed and all? ;)

The most likely possibility is obviously a woman since Hillary's probably going to be running in 08, and seems to have the support on a good deal of the country.

Drago
4th July 2006, 12:31 AM
I would say an African-American, because for most it doesn't seem as 'radical' a change, for lack of better terminology. I'm still under the opinion that there could have been three gay presidents so far, and none would be the wiser. It simply wouldn't be a wise career move to be openly gay, perhaps there had been some who simply never admitted it.

Blademaster
4th July 2006, 08:35 PM
...DragoKnight...

That is either the stupidest thing I ever heard...

Or, much more likely, it's the smartest thing I've ever heard. :eek:

Drago
5th July 2006, 03:37 AM
I assure you mate, it's the stupidest. :heh:

Master Rudy
22nd July 2006, 01:14 PM
[color=Orange]I personally think we'll see a black president first. As far as Hil goes I hope she doesn't run. IMO she's a vile, inhuman piece of shit that only stayed with her equally scumbag husband because she needed to further her political career. Let's face it: that bitch is nothing without Bill.

*hopes something will talk Colin Powell into running for the rep. nomination*