PDA

View Full Version : 666

Magmar
4th June 2006, 10:16 PM
Well, wouldn't you know it. Today is June 5, 2006, meaning that tomorrow is... gasp... 6/6/2006, or, 6/6/06, or as banks put it, 6/6/6.

How do you feel about that date? Does it make you nervous about end-time biblical stuff, or do you dismiss it as a number? Do you feel people may act on the day? Let's discuss.

To me, I feel that 6/6/6 is just a day, and it will only be 6/6/6 in the whole world for one hour. People fail to recognize the ever-changing dates around the world from time zones.

However I feel people may try to do things because of the date. I'm a bit nervous about terrorist action, for example. Satanic people will probably have a hay day.

How do you feel about the date?

Bulbasaur4
5th June 2006, 12:48 AM
[color=royalblue]
I find it rather funny... mostly because people think of it as 666, where as really it is 6/06/2006 - which is the way the federal government likes to write their dates. I mean, the year is abbreviated so if you put everything into full... the two gets into the way. And if it isn't the two, it is the zero. lol

I do know it is an important day for Northwest Airlines... it is when they see if they get any approval from the government and the unions to make some new changes. ^^; Since my mother works for the day, it is rather nervewracking for her since the company really needs this bill-like thing to pass. What a day to have it on too. XD

pokemasterfrank
5th June 2006, 12:52 AM
Biblical. Sure. Nero will rise from the dead tomorrow and burn down Rome again :P

It's rather silly, I think. It's just another day.

Ultimate Charizard
5th June 2006, 01:00 AM
The thing about this that interests me is what was said and then highlighted in the film 'End of Days'

The Number of the Beast was identified through the Dreams of those about to be possessed. But in dreams images and numbers are often presented upside down or back to front, sometimes both. So in reality, 666 would mean that the Real Number of the Beast is 999.
Now in the film this made the lead realise that the Police were the enemy. How he worked it out i dont know since in America the Emergency number is 911, in england however it is 999.

Silencer
5th June 2006, 03:38 AM
All those wackos by the side of the road probably having a field day.

"Tomorrow (6/6/6) END OF THE WORLD WILL COME"
"Sinners repent, the armageddon is coming"

I'd probably laugh in their faces if I see someone like that.

So to me it's just a date but I to have a feeling something could happen, like a terrorist strike.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
5th June 2006, 04:55 AM
I find it very clever that they have set the release date for the movie-remake of "The Omen" to 6/6/06 (the movie is about Satan's son being born). That's actually all I can think of in that regard. Let's face it, the proper 666 date was 2000 years ago. :wink:

RedStarWarrior
5th June 2006, 05:00 AM
06/06/06 happens every century...no biggie.

Silencer
5th June 2006, 05:13 AM
I find it very clever that they have set the release date for the movie-remake of "The Omen" to 6/6/06 (the movie is about Satan's son being born). That's actually all I can think of in that regard. Let's face it, the proper 666 date was 2000 years ago. :wink:

Yeah but I think it was Nostradamus that predicted the end of the world around the year 2000 or something like that ^^

Heald
5th June 2006, 06:38 AM
Unbelievable.

This is me and my girlfriend's year's anniversary.

Thanks for ruining it for me, chump.

RedStarWarrior
5th June 2006, 06:58 AM
Heald, you and/or your girlfriend are the spawn(s) of Satan. Of course, this isn't news or anything...

Heald
5th June 2006, 07:08 AM
Gee, what do you think gave it away, the pentagram on my chest engraved with unholy fire?

Ace64
5th June 2006, 07:28 AM
Eesh. Thought that was an unsightly scar...wasn't going to mention it.

Seriously though, I'm more afraid of what people might do today, just because they believe it's the day of the devil or something. I mean, techinically it's just abbreviated that way, but good luck changing some people's minds.

Number1ChanseyFan
5th June 2006, 12:12 PM
Meh, I just see the date as a coincidence, I seriously doubt that anything will happen. I mean, the same date happened 100 years ago, and obviously the world didn't end. Of course, a lot of people always talk about when they think the world will end. The year 2000 was quite popular, and now 2012 is being talked about as the end of time, I believe because some ancient calendar doesn't display anything after the year 2012. My parents and even my teachers at school said that people have been predicting the end of the world ever since they were little kids.

As a catholic, I do believe that the world will end someday. However, I do not believe that there is any way of figuring it out based on a date or numerology. I have always been taught that the world would end when things were at their absolute worst, and although the world isn't in the best of states now, things could certainly be much worse.

Magmar
5th June 2006, 12:18 PM
...the world isn't in the best of states now, things could certainly be much worse.

*knock on wood*

Dark Scizor
5th June 2006, 12:24 PM
Hype! Hype! Hype!

I don't get why everyone is giving more than 2 shits about tomorrow. It's happened 20 times before on the Gregorian calendar, and nothing's happened yet.

Drusilla
5th June 2006, 12:48 PM
Holy shit, I almost forgot. :o Dru, almost forgetting a chance to go around and act normal (for her) to freak people out more than usual? Good gods... something is wrong!

Haha, I think I'm gonna go down to the shop where I work and buy a cloak and some (more) freaky jewlery to wear tomorrow... I've got clothing and makeup taken care of all ready. ^_^ So many fundamentalists to scare the crap out of... bwahahaha...

Blademaster
5th June 2006, 01:32 PM
Haha, I think I'm gonna go down to the shop where I work and buy a cloak and some (more) freaky jewlery to wear tomorrow... I've got clothing and makeup taken care of all ready. ^_^ So many fundamentalists to scare the crap out of... bwahahaha...

Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh...

I think Drusilla has the right idea - I'm gonna dress in all black, go stand by the side of a busy highway tomorrow with a steak knife, and just stare at the drivers passing by all day... :evil:

Ummmm... just, somebody please pray for me so I don't get arrested -I never saw End of Days, but if the cops really are evil and they get me tomorrow... :eek:

homeofmew
5th June 2006, 02:08 PM
why didnt the world end on 6-6-666 then?
or the first true 6-6-6 or 6-6-1906,6-6-1806,6-6-1706,ect

Drusilla
5th June 2006, 02:16 PM
why didnt the world end on 6-6-666 then?
or the first true 6-6-6 or 6-6-1906,6-6-1806,6-6-1706,ect

Because there were people like Tina that had to ask questions all the time and the world never got around to ending! :-p j/k

Ummmm... just, somebody please pray for me so I don't get arrested -I never saw End of Days, but if the cops really are evil and they get me tomorrow... :eek:

Dude, I live in Texas... I am so gonna get busted!

Bulbasaur4
5th June 2006, 02:40 PM
[color=royalblue]
OMG... if anyone does dress in a black coat and has a steak knife in hand, I want a picture of that. Make sure you have the 'death' look too... that just is so frigg'n hilarious.

It also might be mentioned that as far as religion goes, it does say that the end of the world will happen when no one predicts it. So if someone predicts the end of the world is going to happen on a certain day... then well, it isn't going to happen. I'm more inclined to believe the world is going to end when a huge gnashing comet is headed towards earth with an Alien army behind it than any 'scary' date.

Oh and Heald... just a thought... but that army of zombies that always follows you around..? That also might give it away too.

Heald
5th June 2006, 02:51 PM
Actually they're just my groupies.

Katie
5th June 2006, 02:59 PM
wasn't there something misinterpreted awhile back and the number turned out to be 616 instead of 666? (or am I talking out of my ass again?) if so, oopsies! thursday!
my plans for "the day" were to go see the omen with some buddies but after hearing it sucked royally I can't decide if I'm going to do anything out of the ordinary tomorrow. I heard something about a party but I think that fell through. dammit I hope the world does end, I'm already bored a whole day in advance.

edit VVVyeah supposedly people got uppity back on 6/6/96 too. so pretty much any year that ends in a 6 is going to spawning lots of demons. goody.

Crazy
5th June 2006, 02:59 PM
6/6/6 HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TONS OF TIMES BEFORE! In 1806,1706,1606,1506,1406,and so on and so forth the date date was there. What the heck is the big deal? Sometimes people make me wonder.

Silencer
5th June 2006, 03:05 PM
Does anyone have a feeling Goths are gonna have a field day? no offence to goths in any manner...

Besides I think I know the spawn of Satan, he gets picked on a lot so maybe tomorrow he'll burst out in flames and kills everyone.

Kyl3
5th June 2006, 04:34 PM
ZOMG THE ANTICHRIST WILL BE BORN OMGGGGG THE WORLD IS TEHHHHH OVARRRRRRRRRRRR

I am gonna draw some symbols on myself wearing a heartagram shirt.

People already think I'm satanic.. and if anyone says anything to me I'll say its my constitutinal right of freedom of religion.

Magmar
5th June 2006, 05:10 PM
The big deal is every century of humanity has one of these 6/6/6 scares at one point in their lives.

When it is 6/6/6 across the whole world, it will be 4 a.m. in the eastern U.S., 11 p.m. in eastern Russia, 8 a.m. in Britain. So if the world doesn't end at that time because of 6/6/6, then it won't. Otherwise it'll be 6/7/6 in eastern Russia, and ending the world on 676 is so unsatanic omg.

Scarlet Spider
5th June 2006, 07:08 PM
i totally forgot until i read this topic.

and its kind of funny because my school's senior graduation is on 6/6/06 at 6 p.m...and they can only invite 6 people haha

mew151
5th June 2006, 11:59 PM
tomorrow is one of my friends birthday. that dude's crazy

Chaotic Heavens
6th June 2006, 01:29 AM
Nothing happened... I'm oddly disappointed.

Hatake Kakashi
6th June 2006, 11:35 AM
Guys GUYS.

It's not 6/6/6.

It's 6/6/2006. There's a 2 you can't just ignore in there.

Heald
6th June 2006, 11:48 AM
It's horseshit.

Well someone had to say it.

Hatake Kakashi
6th June 2006, 12:23 PM
Couldn't be happier that it was you, Heald.

RedStarWarrior
6th June 2006, 12:57 PM
Heald, you speak so eloquently what we are all thinking.

Magmar
6th June 2006, 01:32 PM
yeah looks like we're still here.
i wonder if anyone actually expected the world to end... o.O;

Drusilla
6th June 2006, 02:11 PM
Guys GUYS.

It's not 6/6/6.

It's 6/6/2006. There's a 2 you can't just ignore in there.

SSSHHHHHHH! You'll ruin it!

Does anyone have a feeling Goths are gonna have a field day? no offence to goths in any manner...

No offence taken at all, I know I'm having a field day! ^_^ I'm at work (I work at a goth clothing store) and we're having a sale today!

BTW: BEWARE! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/wednesdaygirl13/photos/RavenDuckie.jpg) LADY RAVEN (moi, right) AND DUCKIE (my sidekick, left) SHALL GET YOU!!! :o

No, I'm not one of Heald's groupies... he wishes ^_~

RedStarWarrior
6th June 2006, 02:11 PM
The Antichrist is only born on this day. He still has to set up his kingdom. ;)

Bulbasaur4
6th June 2006, 02:22 PM
[color=royalblue]
I just love the little additive on the bottom of the pokemasters' page... if you look by the birthday, it's there in delightful pinkish letters!

Heald
6th June 2006, 02:36 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one that remembered that today marks the day when British heroes valiantly crushed the German forces at Normandy...and some Yanks got in the way, but they mostly died.

Dark-San
7th June 2006, 07:57 AM
[b][size=3] In fact over here that day is considered auspicious. Taking into account that '666' in Mandrain dialect actually sounds like 'luck luck luck'; hence that day is considered lucky.

There are even couples which got married on that day and the birthrate for that day was even up by 30% on that day. 0.o" Talking about getting an easier way to remember your birth date.

Tyler and Hobbes
7th June 2006, 10:54 AM
So the end of the world happened, and none of us died, hurrah. Or at least....no one died over here. Some old homeless wrinkly may have kicked the bucket, but I didn't. And that's what matters.

So how did everyone else handle it? No satanic death terrorists attacked, I hope?

<=Satanic Death Terrorist

Drusilla
7th June 2006, 02:43 PM
Someone did die.... aaagh, can't remember his name, but he appeared on two (I think it was two...) Beatles albums... played keyboard... black dude, I think... argh, I'm gonna go slam my head in a door, maybe I'll remember then. Yesterday was insane... I wish I was able to crawl back into bed and sleep today... zzzzz...

Kris
7th June 2006, 02:47 PM
So did anything spooky happen to anyone? Was a pretty normal day for me, I got up, I did college work and went to sign language lessons.

Just a standard Tuesday for me...

Magmar
7th June 2006, 06:20 PM
I had an AMAZING day, went to a movie with a BEAUTIFUL boy and got my financial aid packets.. COMPLETE COVERAGE VIA GRANTS :)

Jeff
7th June 2006, 06:42 PM
The creepiest thing is that a fairly well-known guy in my town died that day, but he was 88 so it's not like he died young or anything.

phaedrus
7th June 2006, 10:23 PM
i'm still alive. what can this mean?

Ultimate Charizard
7th June 2006, 10:25 PM
That the celebrations are on hold. ;)

midnightangel
8th June 2006, 02:28 AM
It's nothing but a number for me. Everything went well for me--no crazy stuff happened and everything was quiet. Go me

And no I don't believe in all that religious crap people are trying to shove down our throats about 'the end of the world is here' either. Please. *rolls eyes*