PDA

View Full Version : Moderation Election

Bulbasaur4
6th June 2006, 08:14 PM
[color=royalblue]
Well, I have talked it over and many people want an election to decide who is the new moderator! So, being that four is my lucky number... we compiled a few people onto the ballot. I hope that everyone one agrees that at least one of the members up there could/should be a moderator.

Please think hard and careful about your choice. Consider their personality, dedication etc...
Of course I don't have to tell anyone this but you see... it is rules... darn rules. lol!

In any case... vote away! If I find that anyone has been cheating I will beat them with a hammer. Seriously... no cheating. *glares at a few members and they know who they are* I have admins that can help me make sure no one cheats! So HAH! And they wuv me... and I wuv them... and it is a beautiful-*sees Ryan glaring at her*

Umm... yes, well in any case begin voting! It will last for a week, so at this time... in 7 days... the results will be done.

Yay! I hope whoever takes my spot will have fun with it like I used to. ^_^

Asilynne
6th June 2006, 08:30 PM
How is it possible to cheat anyway? lol

Ultimate Charizard
6th June 2006, 08:51 PM
Finding a way to make up multiple new accounts and voting many times.
Of course the admins can check to see who's voted and how many people have voted yet dont seem to have ever posted in RPG before, signed up in the last day or so and have never made any other posts at all. Of course a Similar IP would be a give away too.

Dark-San
7th June 2006, 07:45 AM
[b][size=3] I am not a RPG regular and the only RPG I had participate would probably only be the ASB/RPG. So I guess being in just one RPG entitles me to vote?

Okay, the choice of my vote simply ties down to 2 person, Plantae and Kirst. I had known Plantae through the werewolf games (aka Axis Mundi aka Mirage) and his use of language is superb. Kirst on the other hand had been a buddy, and we had chat from time to time mostly on werewolf game related issues. I've seen her RPG posts too and she has this very creative way of putting the topic in words. Overall, I would choose Kirst as I believe she is much suited to be a mod and seriously we need another female mod to replace Kalah.

*Looks at mod list and realized that 80% of the mods are guys* -_-"

*Hands Kirst's vote over to the ballot box* ^^

Plantae
7th June 2006, 12:08 PM
That is as it should be. I personally endorse Kirsten for the position unless she should not want it. If any of you are considering voting for me, I would have you reconsider and vote for her or one of the other candidates instead. But that is merely a wish and I am bound to do as the community wants.

Drusilla
7th June 2006, 02:53 PM
griffinvamp13: Who you voting for, hmmm? ^_~
big_lutz2001: I'm a mod, I have to be impartial
griffinvamp13: heh, I know, gosh, ruin my fun...
big_lutz2001: lol
big_lutz2001: * Gives you a noogie *
griffinvamp13: :(

I'M BEING PICKED ON!!! ...AGAIN!!!

Well, good luck guys, and if it makes any difference, I will have a computer with internet at home in a week or two, so I'll be around more often than I have! No more driving 23 miles just to post! ^_^

Plantae
9th June 2006, 10:22 PM
My opinions on the need of this election have changed. See this (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=44436.0) thread.

Drusilla
10th June 2006, 01:20 PM
You know, this is why, in the old days, mods weren't chosen by popular vote... It was between the existing mods and Suzie and/or Kevin...

Hatake Kakashi
10th June 2006, 11:49 PM
Yes because god forbid someone change their mind. Ever.

Besides, Dru, I assume Plantae didn't vote for you. So I wouldn't be to worried about someone suddenly wanting to withdraw their vote.

The_Missing_Link
11th June 2006, 12:01 AM
You know, this is why, in the old days, mods weren't chosen by popular vote... It was between the existing mods and Suzie and/or Kevin...

Popular vote among all mods (including those that didn't even post in PCG) was what denied me of a PCG mod spot the first time around. I'm a firm believer that any existing mod(s) of a forum that is currently in search for a new mod should have the majority opinion, although anyone who frequents said forum should have their say as well

I personally think any of the four (three really since Plantae isn't interested) would do a fine job

Bear
11th June 2006, 09:16 AM
Not to rain on the parade, but...

Was there a nomination topic or anything that chose the four candidates? I'm just interested to see how that particular decision was made. I do not remember seeing any kind of topic or discussion about this, and I feel a bit left out of the decision making process. To be brutally honest, I think VirtualPlay or Kuro_Espeon would make better choices for mod than those mentioned above.

Please, before you get angry, do not take offense at what I just said. It is not my intention to demean or insult any of those four up there. From everything that I can see, they are all well-versed RPGers that would be able to do the job just fine. I am just stating my concern for the decision-making process. For now, I will abstain from this vote. Sorry if you feel like I wasted your time.

Roy Karrde
11th June 2006, 10:56 AM
No there was not a nomination topic made, the reason being is that there was a good chance that there wasn't even going to be a vote. We finally agreed to allow a vote and put the four best canidates up.

Bulbasaur4
11th June 2006, 12:15 PM
[color=royalblue]
Yes, there was not going to be a vote. I originally wanted just the moderators to decide to make things go faster and swifter (and my candidate of choice was primarily a favorite even amongst the RPGers). The reason those two were not up for canidation was because I did not select them. Since they are replacing my spot, I picked those that I wanted to fill it and now it is up to the forum to decide.

I think that is far... if I am resigning, I at least choose the nominees? Maybe not... I dunno *shrug*

Bear
11th June 2006, 08:41 PM
[color=royalblue]
I think that is far... if I am resigning, I at least choose the nominees? Maybe not... I dunno *shrug*

Fair enough, I would happily concede to that. I just wanted to make sure the reasoning was viable, as this person will be in charge of my favorite forum :).

Of course, the easier solution would be for you to just not leave!

Bulbasaur4
12th June 2006, 11:38 AM
[color=royalblue]
Yeah, but if I didn't leave my moderation position... all those newer 'kids on the block' would get sick of an oldie like me. ^_~ Haven't you seen those movies? lol